[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New SG 556 16b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: SG 556 16b.jpg (93KB, 1024x425px) Image search: [Google]
SG 556 16b.jpg
93KB, 1024x425px
What do you think of this gun ?

It is basically a swiss made (SAN SwissArms) sig 556 but with an US made sheet metal upper (like the original US 556).
All other parts like the receiver, the barrel, the internals, etc are swiss (except maybe the handguard and trigger guard).

The most importante point is that it costs 1495.- when a fully swiss made 550/551/553 costs between 3'100.- and 3'300.- here in Switzerland.

I already have a 550 (military) and I'm searching for another 55x rifle but 3k+++ would rape my wallet pretty hard. If this SG 556 16b is reliable and precise enough for more than half of the price of an original one I might stay with it.
>>
File: 1456723425311.png (114KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1456723425311.png
114KB, 500x387px
>meme chargeur
LE MEME BRUH
>>
File: bild_span12.jpg (107KB, 831x624px) Image search: [Google]
bild_span12.jpg
107KB, 831x624px
>>34431895
>chargeur
MAGASIN !!!
>>
I mean, the only reason I don't get a burger 551A1 or 556 is the barrels and majority of internal parts are made by incompetent hacks even though it costs nearly as much as a SCAR. If you can get an 80% Swiss gun for half the price of a legit one, go for if.
I'd try asking a frog (or whatever you are) forum, since most here have no hands on experience with them.
>>
>>34431952
I'm swiss. Yeah i ll look for swiss or european forum but it doesn't seem to be a very active community.
>>
>>34431883
"Monté par SAN" simply says that it got assembled by SAN. It's probably made from 100% Burger parts with only the lower being Swiss to accept the overpriced Swiss mags. This would explain the low price. Also, where the heck is the rear sight?
>>
>>34432080
The barrel is clearly swiss. The american ones don't have a rifle grenade ring.

>Also, where the heck is the rear sight?
Backup sight like the 553 maybe
>>
>>34431883
I find it extremely dubious when a product costs half the price of another similar product. The only way to find out is to purchase it as Lagardère doesn't rent guns for their shooting range.

Buy once , cry once.
>>
>>34432265
According to their catalog the rifle is supposed to be new.
Precisely, I would like to have some feedback before buying and cry.
>>
>>34432288
Why do you want a rifle of dubious quality that will most likely be an inferior of your service rifle? Just buy an AR or an AK instead.
>>
>>34432304
Because I want another (shorter) 55x and the 553 costs more than 3k. I love the sig design.

This 556 has something weird, like an hybrid or retarded little 550. And I like collecting retarded things. Even if in this case I also want a reliable rifle.
>>
>>34431921
Un magasin ou chargeur est la partie d'une arme à feu où les cartouches sont stockées avant d'être chambrées puis percutées. Généralement, on utilise le terme « magasin » lorsque cette partie est incorporée dans l'arme, et « chargeur » lorsqu'elle est amovible.

In Frog-French:
Magazine = chargeur
Clip = chargeur (chargeur fixe, chargeur lame...)
tubular magazine = magasin
Internal magazine = magasin

Magasin to call a magazine is Mountainjew-French (like benzine instead of essence, or foehn instead of sèche-cheveux). It allows better communication with German-Mountainjews who call it Magazin.

>>34432361
>Even if in this case I also want a reliable rifle.
Then I wouldn't buy it.
>>
>>34431883
not worth it if it doesn't have a diopter sight. and most people take them off and sell them for a few hundred bucks
>>
>>34432543
Even for 1495.- ?

>>34432670
556 don't have dioptre
>>
>>34431883
It's a meme gun, as /k/ will never be satisfied
>>
>>34432361
The us-made Sig guns aren't horrible they're just not as good as Swiss
The rifle will probably be reliable but marginally less so and probably marginally less accurate
I'd go for it and spend the extra 1500 on ammo and accessories
>>
>>34432708
>Even for 1495.- ?
There's virtually no review of this gun online. You cannot test it. If it's shit, it will be CHF 1495.00 thrown out of the window for nothing. There's a promotion on the SIG 551-2 for CHF 2500.00 instead of 2995.00. Get this one instead. It's more expensive, but at least you'll know you have quality and you'll enjoy it. Or get a regular 556. They work and they don't cost a fortune. Or get a M400 and have a new and good gun based on a different platform.
>>
540 looks better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.