[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Me Pick a Hunting Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 5.56-.223-gunsite-scout.jpg (50KB, 660x368px) Image search: [Google]
5.56-.223-gunsite-scout.jpg
50KB, 660x368px
i was thinking about buying a ruger no 1 because fuck yeah, falling block and they're aesthetic as fuck, but they're pricey for a single shot

also thinking about the ruger gunsite scout, because i love scout-style rifles (the ability to just pull the rifle up and have the scope slide into view in front of you makes target acquisition easier IMO)

anyone had or heard of any issues with either?
>>
>>34430984
CZ 550 American
>>
>>34430984
>the ability to just pull the rifle up and have the scope slide into view in front of you
if all your guns dont do this naturally you are buying guns with badly fitting stocks or are horrible at setting em up.
>>
File: rgs.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
rgs.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
>>34430984
If you're not shooting that far the RGS isnt a bad choice. And after a scope, sling and a few mags you're going be paying around the same as a #1. The flash hiders on the RGS suck, so plan on replacing that as well. If I didnt want a threaded barrel I'd go #1 in 375 h&h, otherwise RGS.
>>
>>34431108
What I mean is, if I see a deer with my actual eyes, I can better slide a forward mounted scope over it without losing the target than pulling a scope up to my eye and having to re-find the deer. I've not been shooting with scopes long though, so I'm probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>34431124
I live in densely forested Kansas, so most shots are within 80 to 100 yards. I've used irons before (took a couple deer with an m1a last season using the old m14 style sights) but I would have been better off with a scoped rifle.

I've got a sling and a Leopuld Rifleman II I already plan on tossing on the RGS if I get it
>>
Winchester Mod70
Fudd yes, awesome even more yes.
Great value hunting rifle, mines made in Utah and I got me a Sako 85 also.
>>
File: 20170703_192644.jpg (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_192644.jpg
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>34432250
>>
>>34430984
You might need a followup shot. Get a Tikka instead. They have the best out of box accuracy of any hunting rifle you're going to find. I'm talking same hole at 100 yards.
>>
>>34430984
>ruger numero uno
WE ARE NUMBER ONE HEY
>>
>>34430984
Just get a M1a it's superior and semi auto
>>
>>34431135
You are doing something wrong. Also, have you killed many deer? Shooting them on the jump is much better in theory than in application.

But for shooting with a magnified optic the move is to acquire the target with your eyes. Then, keeping both eyes open and focused on the target, bring the scope up into your existing line of sight. This way you don't have to hunt around for your target, you already have it.

The other thing that helps this is low magnification. Don't buy a moon scope, stick with something 10x or less.

Scout configurations are pointless if one develops good technique and avoids moon scopes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.