[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Karambit Legality in Southern California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8392.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8392.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Hello. Today I had received this karambit as a gift for self defense in Long Beach, California. It is a fixated blade, inside-edged only and of length 2.25". It also comes with a sheath and string attached to it. I was wondering what the exact laws were regarding carry of this weapon in my state of California. I'm an advanced blue belt in Shaolin Kenpo karate and am also trained for knife and gun self defense.

TL;DR I wanna know if my karambit is legal for me to carry in a bag/holster for the state of California.
>>
*teleports behind u*
>>
>>34430239
im pretty sure its illegal in cali so dont risk it.
>>
>>34430284
"Nothing personal, m'lady"
>>
>>34430397
personell*
>>
>Is it legal in California to...
No. Usually no.
>>
>>34430239
Here's a good summary of knife laws in California:
http://www.shouselaw.com/dirk-dagger.html

The long story short is this:
1) You can't carry full auto switchblades at all, concealed or open.
2) You can open carry fixed-blade knives, but you can't concealed carry them.
3) You can concealed carry any folding knife of any type and any size as long as it isn't a full auto switchblade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoD1pzCj5lM
>>
Concealed carrying a fixed blade knife is illegal in CA. You might not even be allowed to open carry one if you're in LA county.
>>
>>34430502
>>34430239
Just wondering, I know knife carry laws are complex and often retarded.

But you can BUY any blade you want right? And just have it shipped in a case? If you are a collector or whatever.
>>
>>34430835
Not 100%, since it's California, but you should be allowed to own any knife you want even if it's not legal for concealed or open carry, just keep it in your property.
>>
Protip: Don't live in California
>>
>legal
>california

There's your problem already.
>>
>>34430239
Self defense is illegal in blue states
>>
>>34430835
>But you can BUY any blade you want right?
you can own auto knives, but you can't import them.
kek
>>
>living in California
>spending money on anything except getting yourself out of California
anon, what are you doing?
>>
>>34433254
Oddly, California actually has pretty good self-defense laws.
>>
>>34430239
Check your city ordinances, but state law says you can OC a fixed blade of any length in a sheath at your waist. If you want to CC, it has to be a folding knife of any size you can conceivably get into a pocket. Cold Steel Rajah is CC legal in California.

But, again, check your city ordinances.
>>
>>34430239

Its legality is irrelevant, you have a constitutional right to bear arms that the state has no right to infringe upon! Concealed carry it, don't draw attention to it, and hope to God you don't ever have to use it.
>>
>>34433448
i used to think that whenever someone used "!" on 4chan they were being sarcastic but with the influx of normies its so hard to tell anymore.
>>
>get a meme for self defense
>state law says you have to open carry
>no hiding this shame
>>
Save your money, by a sword or a bayonet.

t. Other califag
>>
I'm surprised nobody has made a CS:GO joke, yet.
>>
>>34433561
i was gonna but i made the edgy teenager joke instead
>>
>>34430239
It's not the legality of this knife that is in question, it's your sexual preference.
>>
>>34430239
have you not seen the tree guys in the lbc open carry machetes yet? welcome to long beach, puto
>>
>>34433466
how about you actually read the rest of the post then dummie
>>
>>34433167
I was going to say this.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.