[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What screw do I need to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: AK47-type2-pg-2.jpg (101KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
AK47-type2-pg-2.jpg
101KB, 500x334px
I have one of these and I can't get it on because I'm missing a screw, do gun shops sell them?
>>
>>34428095
Literally just figure out the thread size of your receiver and go buy a god damned screw at the hardware store.
>>
>>34428126
And how the fuck do you propose I do that?
>>
>>34428133
I had hope for this generation... But if you can't figure out how screws work or how to match one up at a hardware store...
>>
>>34428095
Any AK grip scew that's not some US made shit will do
>>
jesus christ.... google 'ak grip screw' or take the accepting nut to a hardware store...
I'm with >>34428168 , you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>34428168
>this generation
I'm 45
>>
Just put a self tapper through it, it's an ak so it's already garbage.
>>
>>34428199
You Gen X fucks are just as bad as baby boomers
>>
>>34428333
Trips of truth.

It's too late for you op.
>>
File: 1497065531314.jpg (54KB, 857x696px) Image search: [Google]
1497065531314.jpg
54KB, 857x696px
>>34428133
Measure the width of the hole (this is called "diameter").
(For this, you can ask your mom for a ruler. I can tell from your post that you never had a father. I'm very sorry about that :(
If you don't have a ruler you can ask her to buy you one at an office supply store. If you don't live in a developed nation you can extend your arms and mark the distance from your fingertips on a long stick or something. Use that distance as an approximate reference for 6ft, do the appropriate conversions for inches or metric, and finally whittle or chisel a measuring thing with your fingernails)
Remember, screw threads are identified by their "outer diameter," which means you should measure from the tips of the groove thingys on the side of the screw to the tip of the groove thingys on the other side. Also remember that if you live in the US (short for "United States of America"), the screw could be imperial or metric.

Congratulations! You've now reduced the possible types of screws by a lot!
Now to figure out how many threads per length of screw you need! (this is called "pitch")

Go to the store, buy every pitch of the diameter you need, and try them in your hole.
Yay! You figured it out!
Now get one of the right length or color or whatever.
>>
>>34428095

Just hot glue and duct tape it on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.