[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get a new Glock 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: g19fs.png (48KB, 387x294px) Image search: [Google]
g19fs.png
48KB, 387x294px
I'm not a huge Glock shooter, but I want to pick up a new Glock 19 just to have. It seems like Glock has a lot of factory options you can get these days, and I'm not sure which version to get, since there's no single gun that really has everything. Wondering if /k/ could weigh in? Only criterion I have is that it must be a Gen4 because I prefer the grip texture and the ootb trigger pull.

Mainly looking at one of these options:
>front serrations
I don't use front serrations, but it could be a cool aesthetic once the Gen5's come out, like how the RTF has those funky curved slide serrations that Glock never adopted.
>compensated
never shot a compensated Glock, do they have any problems with reliability?
>M.O.S.
don't own any red dots, probably won't buy one in the immediate future, but might be nice to have the option for "someday"?
>OD green frame (or other colors)
might be kind of neat to have a gun with some bling for the range, maybe collectible in the future?
>>
>>34427423
Glock discontinued their compensated line a few years back, so you'll have to look on the second-hand market if you really want that particular type.
>>
>>34427446
The compensated Glocks, like the colored frames, and other hard to find variants, come into the country in batches. I am seeing new ones come into the country currently.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/661171060
>>
>>34427480
If they're still making compensated models how come they're not mentioned on their website anymore?

Anyway, OP the compensated models are really only good for handgun competition shooting, even if they don't have the longer barrels.
>>
>>34427563
Because you can't read?
https://us.glock.com/summer17
>>
>>34427568
I hadn't check their website for a while. No idea they reintroduced them.
>>
>>34427446
The compensated 17C is coming back for a run this summer. ( My LEO buddy already pre-ordered 2 of them with Glock Blue )

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/07/new-glock-models-g19c-g24/

Also, if you're really serious about getting a glock worth having, they're also having a limited release of the RTF2 G17, 19, etc,etc this summer as well. I plan on getting both the 17 and 19 RTF2.
Can't find the link for that, but I have heard that from 2 different LEO's and also confirmed with 2 people at LGS today. No, it's not going to be a Vickers. It's gonna be the legit RTF2 with the fish scales.
>>
>>34428954
I've heard that the RTF2 grip texture is too sandpapery. I really like the Gen4 grip texture. No need to go out of my way to order something that will tear up my shirt if I try to carry it.
>>
Get a CZ P10c instead.
>>
Get dat dere glawk 21 for muh 45 stopping powah
>>
File: 6655370_orig.jpg (160KB, 1100x765px) Image search: [Google]
6655370_orig.jpg
160KB, 1100x765px
battlefield green
>>
>>34429597
This.
>>
Any chance for a G17 MOS FS
MOS with front slide serrations?
>>
File: IMG_3986.jpg (438KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3986.jpg
438KB, 1500x1125px
I think the FS guns look ugly. It looks like somebody put the slide on backwards. They should have done at least SOMETHING to differentiate them, like having one less serration or having them be angled.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.