[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mossberg MVP .308

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (46KB, 1200x748px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
46KB, 1200x748px
Oh god /k/, found a new one for $500. Talk me out of it, show me a better way.
>>
>>34427418
They make good pseudo-Scout rifles, should you really desire one.
>>
>>34427441
That's kind of what I had in mind, I was going to put one of the new 1-8 Strike Eagles on it. I love that it takes both AR-10 and M1A mags. I just want to make sure there isn't a better option. My knowledge of bolt guns is lacking.
>>
I've tried the .223 version and didn't like it at all. It feels cheap as fuck, including the bolt. Save up another few hundred and get a Ruger Scout.
>>
>>34427418
You can get a much better gun for $500. What kind of role is this gun going to fill? What guns do you currently have? You don't need to tell me the answers to those questions, but they are good questions to ask yourself when buying a gun.
>>
>>34427462
I don't really think a variable optic would be good for a scout rifle IMO. They're made to be used at a certain range and that's why a bunch of manufacturers or conversion didn't use them.

Here are some good ones if you don't want to break the bank on glass:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XSD50220
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AU694YM
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MR5QK0
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPF8QZS
>>
>>34427503
I was going to use it for a Mid-range pseudo-precision gun out to around 700 meters. I like that it may have bolt-gun accuracy, but battle rifle capacity. I have plenty of AKs, ARs, Glocks and Sigs. Due to where I live, most don't dabble in mid and long distance shooting (Due to a lack of ranges that go beyond 100 yds, but I have a private range) and it is something I wanted to get into with a full powered cartridge.
>>
>>34427469
Like the Gunsite scout with the forward mounted rails? I can pick up one of those from GT Distributors for around the same price because I'm law enforcement. You think it is better?
>>
>>34427537
Check out some PTR-91's. Really good rifles and you can shoot steel in them if you have a tighter ammo budget. Super accurate and super easy to get a trigger job done on one. They also have tons of variants available, I am sure you will find one to suit your needs.
>>
>>34427536
Thanks, are these UTG optics good? Like, all of them or is the one you listed a gem?
>>
>>34427565
I've always like H&K pattern rifles, I've handled C308s but they didn't feel well made. Just cannot trust Century after that first wave of rifles they released. Never got to handle a PTR though. All you see around here ar ARs and Fudd guns.
>>
Mvps feel like garbage. Don't bother. Buy a hog hunter or savage scout instead.
>>
>>34427579
Personally, I'm wary about UTG. You might get lucky and there's nothing wrong with it, but it's a coinflip none the less.
>>
Don't do it. Save your money for something better.
>>
>>34427549
The Gunsite scout is already drilled and tapped for regular scope rings. The forward rail is more for if you want a "scout rifle" build and slap an RDS on it.
>>
>>34427418
I like mine, but I've not compared it to the Ruger. It's definitely more solid than the 5.56 version, which as >>34427469 pointed out, seems cheap.
>>
Just get a desert eagle and put a point 5-0 scope on it
>>
>>34428582
w/ a 10" barrel.
>>
>>34427549
I like my RGS mostly cause I always wanted a wood bolt action. If I was actually going to hunt with it I'd prolly go plastic, maybe laminate. The flash hider sucks dick but I put a suppressor on mine so what ever. The only thing that really gets me is the plastic trigger guard and mag well. I know replacement ones are out there but you're into this thing for around 1100 after scope, sling and a few spare mags...whatever, no one ever said this hobby was cheap. Out here its almost impossible to shoot over 100 yards so a 16 in barrel with a low power optic wasnt a problem but if you're looking to shoot at any real distance you might want something with a longer barrel. Just my 2 cents.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.