[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the Germans really make something like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 23

File: file7726.jpg (53KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
file7726.jpg
53KB, 400x300px
>>
>>34426824
yes
>>
>>34426824
That's some warhammer shit.
>>
>>34426824
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>>
>>34426824
/r/ing name?
>>
File: 1327006609547.png (6KB, 309x246px) Image search: [Google]
1327006609547.png
6KB, 309x246px
Yeah?
>>
>>34426824
*wehraboos masturbating in background*
>>
>>34426824
Yes. There is a reason why they broke through and laid siege to London in the winter of '46
>>
>>34426833
how did they lose?
>>
>>34426893
it all turned to shit in 1943 especially in the Kursk intergalactic mecha battle
>>
>>34426856
rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
>>
File: 1425678412641.png (285KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
1425678412641.png
285KB, 450x375px
>>
File: ork.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
ork.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>>34426824
how much dakka iz dat
>>
>>34426824
>stick a rotary cannon on an elefant
christ that thing looks like it has 0 traverse, is the driver also the gunner?
>>
>>34427011
Just point it at Moscow and fire until the barrels melt.
>>
>>34426850
>BFFFFrrrTFFFrrrTFFFrrrTFFFrrrTFFFrrrTFFFrrrTFFF

There, I fixed it.
>>
File: 1495115465528.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1495115465528.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
>>34426981
Not enuff.
>>
File: IMG_0830.jpg (383KB, 2856x2355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.jpg
383KB, 2856x2355px
>>34426824
No but they did make this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmtiger

Shoots a 380mm rocket propelled siege shell.
>>
>>34427200
3cute5me
>>
>>34427200
WAAAGH!
>>
>>34426824
No, but they would have if someone showed them that picture.
>>
>>34427200
Why attach it to a tank?
Why not the back of a truck?
It's clearly not meant to go into battle
>>
>>34427200
>faint bridge exploding in the distance
>>
>>34427310
>It's clearly not meant to go into battle
That's exactly what it was intended to do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbFyIaVOPA
>>
File: Sturmtiger.jpg (18KB, 475x420px) Image search: [Google]
Sturmtiger.jpg
18KB, 475x420px
>>34427310
It was designed to sustain defensive fire so it could approach the target and destroy it with precise direct fire. It's an assault gun, not an SPG.
>>
File: jaresko.jpg (25KB, 406x512px) Image search: [Google]
jaresko.jpg
25KB, 406x512px
>>34427200
>No but they did make this.
>>
File: 1420484367199.gif (268KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1420484367199.gif
268KB, 400x400px
>>34427247
When things look desperate, you can load the crew in the rocket and shoot them back home, so I they won't miss dinnertime. It's quite slow vehicle.
>>
>>34427200
Good lord, one shot took out multiple Shermans according to that wiki
>>
>>34427444
Well it was firing half a V1 with every shot.
>>
>>34427444
What HASN'T taken out multiple Sherman's in a single shot?
>>
>>34427686
>What HASN'T taken out multiple Sherman's in a single shot?
A Sherman.
>>
>>34427200
This makes me wish we had some futuristic concept where Supreme Commander/Total Annihilation style nano matter synthesizers existed that could replicate ammo and repair parts like the barrel on the fly.

Mostly so we could get a fully automatic version of this thing leveling an entire country's military by itself, maybe with a turret too for the hell of it.
>>
File: MDtanks.gif (10KB, 128x160px) Image search: [Google]
MDtanks.gif
10KB, 128x160px
>>34427200
>germany made advance wars irl
>>
>>34426824
That's a Ferdinand with a big ass gatling gun fitted in it.

Now lets make a 100mm gatling artillery piece, that would be something.
>>
>>34427733
If you could do that with nanotech, you can just have them disassemble the enemy
Why bother being so crude as to blow them up?
>>
>>34427733
Jesus christ...that kind of tech...
I'm thinking a cross between T1000 and Akira in blob-babby form
>>
>>34426919
>rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

Cattle marking and beef labeling supervision duties delegation law.

strange name
>>
>>34428092
Did you krauts not invent a spacebar in your country?
>>
>>34428101
That's why we invented the Enigma Machine
>>
File: flakmaus1.jpg (75KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
flakmaus1.jpg
75KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>34426893

If they blockaded the UK with u boats and made the V2 rocket mobile (trucks) shit would be way less (((diverse))) However no military campaign ever goes exactly perfect.. :(
>>
>>34428115
>Hans
>Ja?
>Ich think du can still understand mich
>Scheisser, ve must make eliminate zis oberkommunikationwerk
>>
>>34428137
>huge behemoth of a nation next door
>it's going through some fundamental changes
>it's too busy with itself to go on the offensive
>create non-aggression pact
>decide to attack it anyways
>become a rallying common enemy for that unstable nation so that it stabilizes around destroying you

What did Hitler mean by this?
>>
File: 1486956027064.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486956027064.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
>>34428137
>the V2 rocket mobile (trucks)

You can't just strap the rocket to a truc-

Never mind.
>>
>>34428165

He just wanted to get his land back friend :)
What did (((they))) mean by putting banks in nazi germany?
why don't (((you))) ask yourself that?

please do not be so ((()))
>>
>>34428179
Sure, maybe, but why not wait until Western Europe was pacified?
And why declare war alongside Japan after Pearl Harbour?
Hitler seemed insistent about antagonizing every other major power in the world.

And why the change from attacking strategic targets to civilian ones during the Blitz?
>>
>>34426824
from the people who legitimately thought a 1000 ton tank was going to be a good idea, I wouldn't be surprised if it were.
>>
>>34428213

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, He had 8 million troops and it is much wiser to attack someone when it is unexpected.
>>
>>34428239
If you have someone on their knees, don't punch another dude in the face. Finish off the guy you have down and then start a new fight

Even if a Reich/Soviet war was inevitable, the wise course of action, and this isn't even a hindsight thing, is to deal with the enemy you have before you create new ones.

Also, leaving Japan out to dry after Pearl Harbour still would have made sense.
There's no reason for the Reich to declare war first.
>>
>>34428259

Yes again....no campaign is run perfectly.
>>
>>34428268
True, but there are mistakes and there are massive blunders.
The Reich just couldn't stop declaring war on people who wanted to stay out of the war.
>>
>>34428292

Ok my friend well tell you what, go back and tell hitler what to do and maybe you can fix our future for us? :)
>>
>>34428015
It would take the nanotech longer to render targets down and do sufficient damage, though far more resource efficient as the enemy is literally turned into more nanobots or whatever.

Same problem with lasers or plasma or whatever, kinetic collisions and chemical explosive energy is simply the easiest and fastest way to do damage.

But ironically all these proposed concepts would make construction of highly advanced war machines and etc far easier.
>>
>>34428712
>It would take the nanotech longer to render targets down
How?
If they can move matter into a 400kg shell, they can more easily just move 400kg into a random position.

While making more greygoo is good, they don't need to replicate to be effective as weapons
Just shift matter in a random direction.
>>
>>34427200
>this tank
>landkreuzer p. 1500
>schwehrer gustav
>hochdruckpumpe
was Hitler autistic?
>>
>>34427200
SIEGE SHELL
SIEGE SHELL
>>
>>34426824

Damn son, that's taking DAKKA to the next level.
>>
File: T249 Vigilante.jpg (133KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
T249 Vigilante.jpg
133KB, 1200x800px
About as close as it legitimately gets, a 6-barrel 37mm cannon for air defense.
>>
>>34428754
>move 400kg to a random position.
Um how? Said nanotech would probably be just little bots that would have to grab material and manually travel to said location which would be slow as fuck because they would be so tiny (but still quite lethal).

Unless you are talking about nanotechnology in the far future of like little molecule sized teleportation devices that could literally phase all material of a certain radius out of our plane of existence, creating little reality erasing balls that would instantly shred all machines or flesh with a minimal amount of energy.

That's something I've thought of when it came to teleportation weapons and how they are implemented in video games and movies, of why they bothered to teleport an entire functioning object or living being when they could just teleport a tiny tube created from some stasis beam or whatever and poke an unstoppable hole through any material in its path, regardless of armor thickness or redundancies.
>>
>>34430785
You're implying that said random movement needs to happen over recognizable distances.
If you move a tiny part of a whole just a tiny nanonmeter away from where it was, you destroy the bonds to what it was.
Do that to every particle in a space, and you destroy that thing.

You don't need to move things meters away. Just a tiny almost imperceptible distance. Just enough to break bonds
>>
>>34429408
Not as bad as deviantart or nationstates.
>tfw their scifi military autistic circlejerk would be creating loads of Land battleships that would be the size of continents with black hole antimatter guns or something and the designation of P.30000 God's Wrath or etc.
>>
>>34430810
>You're implying that said random movement needs to happen over recognizable distances.
>If you move a tiny part of a whole just a tiny nanonmeter away from where it was, you destroy the bonds to what it was.
>Do that to every particle in a space, and you destroy that thing.
>You don't need to move things meters away. Just a tiny almost imperceptible distance. Just enough to break bonds
Oh okay, I guess that would be some general matter relocation or scattering device.

I suppose when I used the term nanotech I was thinking of the current contemporary term of just small machines or processes that can do stuff like mechanically move or manipulate materials and biological/chemical processes etc.

Rather than general scifi like devices that would basically override the laws of physics as we know them so far.
>>
>>34427200
>Shoots a 380mm rocket propelled Sieg Heil
>>
>>34430871
>I suppose when I used the term nanotech I was thinking of the current contemporary term of just small machines or processes that can do stuff like mechanically move or manipulate materials and biological/chemical processes etc.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Chemically process a molecule away from where it is.
Do that to enough molecules and suddenly the thing that was whole is now falling apart.

Why are you continuing to imagine magical teleporters?
>>
>>34430888
>Why are you continuing to imagine magical teleporters?

Because current nanomachines can't do that with the kind of control or scale of damage to any form of material that it would encounter. If you want to "chemically process" a molecule, you would effectively need to understand what the hell the process is, at which point you are simply doing chemistry. I mean for fucks sake we consider small nanoelectronics, and simple machines like cancer encapsulation, or nanorockets, or even fullere bucky ball like "wheels" as the future, and these machines are still based entirely on basic concepts still in research stage. The kind of device you would need to actively (and have enough complexity and control to tear apart matter using cutting or manipulators that we simply do not have at any appreciable scale at the moment). Source, my undergrad degree with a specializaiton in nanotechnology.

Because ultimately to do what you stated here:
>Do that to enough molecules and suddenly the thing that was whole is now falling apart.

Can simply be done by smashing a big projectile kinectically or using explosive force to move a hell of a lot more molecules using a far less complicated machine. Its still more efficient.
>>
>>34430947
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
Just transporting a molecule over a short distance is EXACTLY what modern microtech does.
That's the entire goal.

If in the future we get tiny little machines to be a lot better than little machines we have now, then you don't need magic teleporters.
Because moving chunks of matter is what they are designed for. And if you want to make a weapon out of it, then all you need to do is take off the requirements for what should be moved and what should not be
>>
>>34430947
>>34430975

It takes a lot of energy to move stuff around at a small scale. Breaking the crystalline structure of metal, for example, isn't easy with a tiny machine.

The other problem is that a very small machine has very little surface area. The heat it develops has to be gotten rid of and that slows how quickly it can work.

The last problem is the second problem, but from the outside. What happens if some asshole tunes a microwave transmission to your tiny robots that dumps energy into them? They fucking break, that's what.

Nanotechnology promises a lot, but mostly it's going to be useful only inside controlled environments. It will build things in a factory, but it's not going to 'nanomachines, son' on a battlefield.
>>
>>34430975
>Just transporting a molecule over a short distance is EXACTLY what modern microtech does.
You have to get the machine IN there in the first place.

Which is when material properties would start to fuck you over.

For instance, how the hell are some micro or nanomachines going to chew through composite tank armor which is an extremely dense ceramic aggregate and rigid crystal structure that any current nanomachine would have no way of mounting the proper equipment to take apart either mechanically or even chemically too?

The only reason I mentioned the magic teleporters or other scifi concepts is for a different point of how said tech could be better optimized if we really progressed in the future far enough to basically ignore inconvenient laws of physics like entropy and have instant, energy efficient, selective matter transmutation or etc.
>>
>>34431011
Yes, but since you're just a faggot jumping into a conversation that's already in progress, you don't even know what we're taking about.

The basis of the argument is a guy saying that he likes guns where ammo can assemble itself inside the barrel.
So we already surpassed the boundaries of moving matter. Because in the initial premise, the nanotech moved matter from outside the barrel to inside it. A macro distance.

So fuck off, retard. And learn how to read.
>>
>>34431015
Answer this question.

Is it easier to pick up a single grain of sand with a pair of tweezers or with an excavator's digger?

Like what women have been saying for millennia, size makes a difference.
>>
>>34431055
>So we already surpassed the boundaries of moving matter. Because in the initial premise, the nanotech moved matter from outside the barrel to inside it. A macro distance.

Aggro aside, if you are referring to nanotech that can ignore those material properties that would inhibit moving matter in a regular fashion and magically move to the right position (ala something like teleportation to get around offending crystal structures or finding the right molecule within a complicated biological process) then sure, you would only need a far smaller amount of nanomachines with that kind of "reality defying tech" than a bullet or a shell to do an equivalent amount of damage to like biological tissue or etc.
>>
>>34431095
Yeah, stupid.
Can you even read?

We're talking about a system where nanotech can assemble a metal and explosive shell THROUGH an already solid metal barrier.

Uhh... Yeah maybe those nanos can move molecules.
Moron
>>
>>34431068
>Is it easier to pick up a single grain of sand with a pair of tweezers or with an excavator's digger?

Sure the tweezers, but thats not quite the issue I've been mentioning.

Because you wouldn't be moving unconnected material, but rather interlocked solid structures and chunks of dense crystal structures that would be extremely tight together, which would require the kind of force that the digger's weight and power could deliver, vs the precision but weak pressure and strength of a tweezer.

Keep this in mind though that I believe these would apply to disrupting mechanical parts of larger war machines, but for delicate chemical processes or biological ones especially then yeah grabbing or manipulating the right molecules could disrupt the entire process entirely which could do catastrophic damage. For instance you could have said nanomachines do something as simply discharging pH altering compounds that could shut down entire life sustaining mechanisms like the ones that run cell signalling or metabolism.
>>
>>34431118
Dude I'm the other guy you are actually having the original conversation. Just chill.
>>
File: seeteufl.jpg (62KB, 630x441px) Image search: [Google]
seeteufl.jpg
62KB, 630x441px
Was everyone in the third reich high on amphetamines?
>>
>>34428172
Funny thing is, the Germans actually did attach V2's and launchers to trucks
>>
>>34431178
I'm just tired of saying something and people saying something in opposition without even remotely considering what I said in the first

>If A then B.
>Yeah but what if A happens
>I just said that if A happens, then B happens
>Yeah but what if A happens

I exaggerate the response because maybe someone will actually read what I said in the first place
>>
>>34431170
We're both saying the same thing but arguing at different sides.

Is moving a single molecule of metal more difficult than snapping an entire bar?

Can you be certain either way?
>>
>>34426893
They didn't. Heil Hitler btw don't want the Gestapo to think I'm a Resistance member now
>>
>>34431206
Yeah I was actually clarifying your point too. Given that ultimately we are talking about a hypothetical weapon system its all up in the air anyways.

Eh, we've discussed it long enough and analyzed it a fair bit. You've got my opinion and vice versa.

Fun little thought experiment that's for sure. Anyways, back to the thread talking about stupidly impractical yet inspiring offerings to the dakka god.
>>
File: train gun.jpg (58KB, 634x392px) Image search: [Google]
train gun.jpg
58KB, 634x392px
>>34431233
>Anyways, back to the thread talking about stupidly impractical yet inspiring offerings to the dakka god.
Yes.
Let us do that
>>
>>34431217
>Is moving a single molecule of metal more difficult than snapping an entire bar?

You'd have to move a lot more than a single molecule to cause the damage you want. Because that same bar has shitloads of unit or planar crystallographic defects and cracks that actually make the material properties happen, such as ductility and hardness. Hell oftentimes such impurities and defects could MAKE a material stronger, which is why we dope iron for instance with carbon atoms to create steel as a basic example.

Ironically bulk materials aren't perfect like much of life. And most of their mechanism are bulk sized.

Maybe electronics could be more affected now that I think about it too, since you could target specific circuits or corrode holes into capacitors or wiring traces.

Also, I hope you can see where I'm coming from. Since I've basically been studying this kinda stuff for all of my college years.
>>
>>34431270
>You'd have to move a lot more than a single molecule to cause the damage you want.
Yes.
That's why we're dealing with nanomachines
They move a trillion molecules with a trillion little machines.

Since you seem versed in mechanical shit.
How do you pierce something?
With a big bit or a tiny bit?
Does it become easier to piece something with a finer tool?
>>
HItler's obsession with "bigger the better" fuck whole things up.
Germans should have abandoned new tank programs after Panzer IV and instead concentrated on logistics, upgrading the current equipments. (like US deployed Sherman firefly)

but that didn't happen cause idiot Hitler knew nothing about logistics and maintenance.
>>
>>34431285
No we could apply what you are advocating, but we would have to be creative to really work to the strengths of nanotech vs a replacement of sheer bulk (in scale terms of matter seen in regular life).

So more like a million machines (or other scifi method we haven't developed yet) to move a million molecules that could be used to create tons of tiny vacancy or gaps or inject undesireable dopants that would weaken the overall bulk structure. Given this, for lack of a better term, magic wand, we could even create more fractures that would definitely weaken load bearing structures in the right place.

So ironically this might be a good assassination or sabotage tool, just simply from the rationale that the total amount of mass required would be extremely hard to detect, presuming said nanomachines or nano sized tools wouldn't be STUPIDLY expensive as fuck (because generally creating these nanomachines need BIGASS machines and hyper delicate & expensive spectrometers and other scientific measuring and manipulation tools like atomic force microprobes, lithography setups etc). Which is why you read a lot about self assembly or what we would call "bottom-up" processes which is building machines piece by piece, similar to how biological molecules like DNA assemble, because that would be easier and cheaper in the long run, while opening up loads of engineering opportunities.
>>
File: don-d-laugh-rum.jpg (61KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
don-d-laugh-rum.jpg
61KB, 350x335px
>>34427304
>>
>>34427820
Nigga.

That is no longer something you measure in millimeters, that's a cannon that you measure in inches and probably mount on a ship.

I still want to see it, though.
>>
>>34431470
>inches
>Germans ever using non-standard measurements.

Never underestimate Germanic autism.

All those beach holes they dig are simply proof.
>>
>>34428037
The dakka is real.
>>
>>34431336
>Germans should have abandoned new tank programs after Panzer IV
You can't blame them for trying, the Panzer IV had maxed out its potential for improvement and would have been hopelessly outclassed by what the Americans, British, and Soviets had ready to go within a year or two. Germany was just incapable of making a new tank that wasn't a strategic nightmare for them to use.
>>
File: hitler posing.jpg (31KB, 736x405px) Image search: [Google]
hitler posing.jpg
31KB, 736x405px
>>34429408
>was Hitler autistic?
yes, he was extremely autistic.
>>34430847
>Not as bad
When German R&D presented him the capabilities of the V2 he imitated bangs and explosions like a child playing war games.
>>
>>34426893
they have no good allies
and they fought a war on four fronts
>>
>>34429877
SPAAGs are sexy daka
Just sad that there's not many of them on the NATO side. Guided is nice, but not as nice.

Goalkeepers&Co don't count.
>>
>>34432269
Whenever I'm sad or bored, I remind myself that SPAAG are sometimes used as ground-to-ground weapons.
>>
>>34432639
ISIS detected.
>>
>>34432639
>Wirblewind

Can't they use a dictionary before creating museum signs?
>>
>>34432259
>he imitated bangs and explosions like a child playing war games
/tg/ would have a field day with him.
>Hey, Adolf, what do you think of this Deff Dread paint job?
>[WAAAAAAGHs in German]
>>
File: Lovecraftian Bestiary.jpg (427KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraftian Bestiary.jpg
427KB, 1280x1792px
Kinda wish they made that coal-powered ramjet plane now.
>>
>>34427200
Literally fucking Metal Slug.
>>
>>34431182
No.

Fake News, like those old news telling Hitler Grandmother was Jewish, or he has one ball and a tiny Dick.
>>
File: Lady Une Surprised.jpg (48KB, 461x343px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Une Surprised.jpg
48KB, 461x343px
>>
>>34433215
Except they did give out amphetamines to certain troops, so it's not really that much of a stretch to suggest that they may have been sampling a little.
>>
>>34426893
Hitler smoked too much meth and didn't wipe the soviets out before they became a problem.
>>
>>34432639
I cant find the post but apparently there was one time a polish regiment as the Germans were leaving used an AA gun with tracer ammo just lit a group of nazis.
>>
>>34426856
mine is jordan
>>
File: m4 skink.jpg (53KB, 606x391px) Image search: [Google]
m4 skink.jpg
53KB, 606x391px
>>34432639
Canada had some nice dakka
>>
>>34426824
That's how they won the war don't you know?
>>
>>34426824
>Thats a good model and plans Hans just don't show it to Hitler
>>
File: 24.jpg (34KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
34KB, 400x304px
>>34427200
Do you even 650mm.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaekR2nk1t8
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.