[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magnum semi autos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Noreen-Firearms.jpg (322KB, 1138x300px) Image search: [Google]
Noreen-Firearms.jpg
322KB, 1138x300px
Hey /k/

What are your experiences with larger (7mm rm/.300 wm) semi autos like the Noreen and Nemo? They advertise sub moa accuracy, but are they reliable with everything being proprietary on them.

Does anyone have actual expeience shooting one?

It seems like a fun gun to have and I want one, but I also dont want to buy garbage.
>>
File: nemo-omen-recon-3.0.jpg (99KB, 771x398px) Image search: [Google]
nemo-omen-recon-3.0.jpg
99KB, 771x398px
Anyone? Are these too biche for /k/?
>>
>>34427474

Niche*
>>
What's the fucking point? Are you going to gun down an entire herd of elk?
>>
>>34426462
I had one in 25-06 they are good shooters (the one i had) and they are not cheap. if i was going to get another one i'd pick up a 300wm.
>>
>>34427920
>why do you NEED
>>
The main issue is barrel length. Anything shorter than a 24" (realistically 26", preferably 28") in magnums is just a loud 308 with a lot of unburnt powder (like H1000). Then you've got the added length and weight of the semi-auto and you're at a big fucking gun.

With recoil, mag length capabilities, and intention of use, you may as well just get a damn bolt gun.
>>
>>34428129

Fair points

For the barrel length issue, they both come with a 22" barrel. Is that enough of a difference to reduce the muzzle velocity/energy to that of a .308?

And for the unburnt powder issue, couldnt that ne fixed with different powder/tailored loads?
>>
>>34427920

Sorry Elmer, the shotgun general is in another thread
>>
>>34427929

I was looking at the 7mm rm noreen, since i already have a .300wm bolt action, plus i dont have to sell a kidney to afford it. Either way it would be a range toy since im not in the land of the free.
>>
File: 1489083171186.jpg (70KB, 337x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489083171186.jpg
70KB, 337x240px
>>34427920
>What's the fucking point?
>>
>>34429139
You could probably email Noreen and ask about what velocities they are averaging, then look up different ammo brands/weights and compare them.
>>
>>34427920
300 mag/7mm mag is fun
Semi auto is fun
Ars are fun
>>
Is there any real variety, or brand that ive missed? I know of falkor, noreen and nemo, but thats about it outside of the benelli R1 which sounds like it has terrible accuracy.
>>
>>34431303
https://pof-usa.com/p300/

http://www.shopmillerprecisionarms.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=MPA-300-pictured
>>
>>34431799

Awesome, thanks
>>
File: 1498693908818.jpg (43KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
1498693908818.jpg
43KB, 720x468px
>>34427920
If you come here and question what the point of ownership is for any firearm then you are in the wrong fucking place.
>>
I shot one, once, and then I immediately decided that I would absolutely never own one. It was so fucking loud even through double ear pro, and despite being so absurdly heavy the recoil was much harder to manage than a bolt action's. Then the guy who let me shoot it called me a pussy. Even if it wasn't an uncomfortable experience, I seriously doubt your rate of fire would improve much with all things considered.
>>
>>34433699
it all depends on the gun. The Falkor Petra really has controllable recoil and only weighs 10.3 lbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1aH9VEpsU0
>>
>>34431799

I like the 24" barrel on the pof, it looks pretty damn good too.

I dont see any release date yet, but looks like it could be available fairly soon, if they are working on smaller stuff now like the dust cover and already have range videos with the rifle.
>>
>>34433699

Kek that just sounds funny to watch.

I suppose with a muzzle break and shorter barrel it would be real loud, but i dont think the recoil can be worse than my tikka t3 lite. The weight alone will help a lot, plus the muzzle break will help too.
>>
didn't someone make an M14/M1A in .458 Winmag?

That's a jurassic park weapon right there
>>
>>34434300
it was a garand
>>
>>34434300
>>34436523
imagine hitting a skinwalker with that
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.