[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 53

File: 1200px-FRF2_Afghanistan.jpg (254KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-FRF2_Afghanistan.jpg
254KB, 1200x900px
French Foreign Legion Edition

FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION RECRUITMENT
>en.legion-recrute.com/

Joining | French Foreign Legion Information
>foreignlegion.info/joining/

YT
>youtube.com/user/LegionEtrangereCOMLE
>>
Hajis, watch out!
>>
>>34423241
>be me
>ethiopian
>1.81cm (roughly 6')
>72kg
>speak english, french & amharic fluently
>brevet + bac litteraire
>ba in business administration (acquired in england)
>ex-smoker (eight years)
>abstinent (in regards to drugs & alcohol)
>bf% 21.3
>no tattoos

do i stand a chance?
>>
>>34423263
i bet isis is quaking in their boots
>>
>>34423273
forgot to mention that I am twenty-two years old. have handled a couple of pistols in the past but never actually fired one.
is recruits hazing still a thing in military training?
also, it'd be great if there are any legionnaires out here that could possibly shed some light on the whole thing.
it seems to me that ffl soldiers are disposable as it is now, especially after having read a couple of articles of recruits dying and the whole mali thing.
>>
How do I convince my parents that the Army is just as good as the Airforce or are they right. I want to enlist soon.
>>
>>34423303
>is recruits hazing still a thing in military training?

In the FFL it is. The FFL has worse gear, training, and living conditions than the average first world army. It breaks even on physical condition.

Imagine a unit where compasses are rationed, and only to NCOs, so no-one is taught map reading. That's not a 1950s Slav parody, its the FFL today.

In the US army, if you fuck up you do a lot of pushups. In the FFL, you get your head put in a doorframe and the door slammed on it. This doesn't make people fuck up less, because most of them are dumber to begin with.

Source: I was in the American infantry and met an ex-FFL chap in basic.
>>
>>34423382
>the Army is just as good as the Airforce
what makes you say that? personally, had i been in your shoes, i'd go for the airforce. unfortunately, the ethiopian airforce is shit, and that's an understatement. and so is the ethiopian army. hence why i'm consider the french foreign legion. israel is also in the deck, flying the f-16i sufa has always been a dream of mine, but it seems a little far fetched.
>>
File: air force security forces.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
air force security forces.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
Terrorists, you better watch out!
>>
>>34423273
Maybe but why would you? You're not a sans-papiers, if you want to enlist there are plenty of outfits other than the FFL with better pay, better perks and more advancement opportunities.
>>
>>34423412
More stories like this
>>
>>34423412
I'm bought on the whole experience being slightly unconventional and dreadful, but that's frankly what I am after. As I stand now, I haven't got much to live for despite my life being above average, even by western standards. It's just not what I want, you know? My childhood was somewhat of a disaster and I just want to forget it all and consciously exile myself to a life of mundane existence.
Thanks for the response btw, and I think that the doorframe thing is kind of a meme. If anything, it's more of an expression that is used when quarrels occurs inbetween recruits. That's how soldiers explain their injuries, they just claim that they walked into the doorframe, or so I think.

>>34423456
Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote, I'm not just an ethnic ethiopian, I'm ethiopian, as in I have an ethiopian passport. I speak french because I was educated in a private international lycée here in Ethiopia. And, as of now, I'm in Ethiopia, so... It's either the ffl or the israeli forces because fuck me if I were to join the ethiopian military.
>>
How competitive are Naval OCS boards for aviators? I'm planning on getting a degree in electrical engineering from a reputable school in california after my enlistment with the Air Force is up. Then putting in for an OCS package for naval aviator.
>>
>>34423503
Romanianfag here, we might meet up, im considering enlisting too but i still got PT to do and learn french
>>
From talking to a recruiter to graduating camp how long is that process for the Air Force? Navy?
Would it be quicker to go enlisted even though I have a degree?
>>
>>34423503
I assumed you had you parpers sorted out as you mentioned already having the Bac.

There are easier way you could get naturalized if that's your motivation, service in the FFL is rough around the edges and offers very little other than bragging rights and a nice uniform. I understand they've toned down the hazing but I doubt it has completely disappeared. They mostly appeal to people with prior military experience and few other options, speaking French won't really help you, it might even work against you because they're willing to teach what you need to know anyway.

Even if they selected you -they're getting picky- I'm not sure how well an educated 22 years old lad would fit in, you'd probably get sick of their brain dead bullshit after a while. Don't take an anon's word for it, try to meet one to figure it out for yourself.
>>
>>34423546
Is this https://yuki.la/k/30196787 you?
What is your training program like?
I remember reading somewhere that strength isn't what they're after. You're better of focusing on the cardio bit. One of their mottos is "marche ou crève" which translates to "walk or perish".

>>34423560
Naturalization isn't a goal of mine, I could've easily gained political asylum whilst I was in the UK but I choose not to. Mainly because I was somewhat idealistic about rebuilding Ethiopia, but what I came back to after three years was anything but comfortable. Job prospects were minimal, political climate wasn't as agitated as expected, had to go back to living with parents, etc... needless to say that I am vastly disillusioned. And, like I mentioned before, I don't see myself as being mentally fit enough to lead a normal life. I'm a homosexual, callous, slightly sadistic, easily bored, etc... The only things in life that give me joy are motorcycling, gambling (poker) and listening to trash metal.
I feel as though I'm just not destined to be a normie with kids and whatnot.
>>
>>34423647
Thats me man
I used to run and lift but other life problems intervened and had to cut down.
I made some courses to keep fit but running needs improvement, same goes for fatigue
Now that i got time on my hand again imma start training again
>>
>>34423382
Join the airforce. Unless you want your legs blown off by an IED
>>
>>34423669
It seems like you're now well on track to joining. I wish you the best m8. The hardest bit imo is to commit. The odds are against us, but we'll make it.
On an unrelated note, you mind sharing what your motivations are?
>>
>>34423382
reminder: let fear run your life.
>>
File: smiling man.jpg (23KB, 366x328px) Image search: [Google]
smiling man.jpg
23KB, 366x328px
>>34423382
Live for everyone else
Don't live for yourself and your own desires.

You won't regret this. Your parents approval will drown out all of your "What could have been" thoughts you'll have in your late 20s and 30s.
>>
>>34423708
I just want a new life to be honest. The one i currently have has nothing to offer me. Dead ends everywhere.
>>
File: 1368478948460.png (312KB, 605x615px) Image search: [Google]
1368478948460.png
312KB, 605x615px
>>34423263
>>34423426
Airmen wouldn't be the butt of so many jokes if they just owned up to what they are: POGs who handle logistical shit and fly planes. There's literally nothing wrong with that. Why they feel the need to be seen as these 'high speed 2tuff4u' operators is beyond me.
>>
>>34423382
No branch is a "bad" idea. Air Force has a better quality of life and a higher retention, but the flip side to that argument is that they only have such a high retention because of their posh, extremely accommodating living conditions. Personally, when I joined the military, I wanted to be in the MILITARY -- not a uniformed country club. I signed up so that I can wake up at 0400, get put into uncomfortable situations, and learn that sometime shit sucks and you have to pull yourself up by your boot straps and get through it.

And now that I'm a civvie again? Small shit doesn't bother me. I'm able to adapt and overcome to things that a lot of things that would devastate your average civilian. Look within YOU and see what is best for YOU. Your parents aren't going to have to live with the consequences of your actions, YOU will.
>>
Army 74D in AIT at Ft. Leonard Wood, yay!

My first duty station is Ft. Riley, Kansas. Anyone been there? Ho w is it?
>>
>>34424131

>90% of all military personnel are POGs
>Air Force actually does have a diverse set of high speed operators, it's just a super niche field

Why are low ASVAB people so salty about the Air Force?
>>
>>34424255
Yeah, and those POGs own up to it. The fucking Navy is POG-central, and they're without a doubt THE most respectable branch of the armed services. AF's Pararescue guys are legitimate badasses, nobody is arguing that, but if the Airforce would stop trying to prove to everyone that they were rough and tough fighters who could hang with the best of them then they would get shit on significantly less.
>>
>>34424272

Eh. I'm still in Dep and personally I make Chair Force jokes to my Army, Marine, and Navy friends as much as they make Crayon and gay jokes about themselves.

I think the bigger line is this: some guys in each branch are sensitive enough to take all of that shit personally because of some underlying insecurity. That lets you spot the guys you might want to watch out for because they've got some kind of grudge.
>>
>>34424131

Most POGs are happy to be POGs. I certainly am. I get a more comfortable working environment, transferable skills, and more opportunities to use my benefits without fucking my body up for no reason. My work is purposeful even in peacetime, and I even get to shoot more (shorter work hours and more money means I can spend more time with my hobbies).

"The wannabe grunt POG" is a caricature that doesn't actually exist 99.9% of the time. It's a made-up strawman that people who've made poor life choices use to justify their decisions.
>>
>>34424289
See, that's how I feel. You wouldn't catch me dead pretending I was some operator. I got 'deployed' ONCE, and it was to Kuwait, which is barely even a deployment.

>>34424288
I agree completely.
>>
File: FFL.png (909KB, 2932x2184px) Image search: [Google]
FFL.png
909KB, 2932x2184px
>>34423273

take a look at pic related?

>>34423303

If you really want to fly, it can be about the same. If you are under 21, look into going itnto the WOFT program, (aka. high-school-to-flight-school) http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
>>
>>34423382
The second part of

>>34424378
was meant for you
>>
>>34424289

>I get a more comfortable working environment, transferable skills, and more opportunities to use my benefits without fucking my body up for no reason. My work is purposeful even in peacetime, and I even get to shoot more (shorter work hours and more money means I can spend more time with my hobbies).

This, having been given the opportunity to go to go to a SF type job, i opted to go to a maintenance position, because the SF would only give me l33t operator skills but i would be forced to workout all the time and not really get any personal time. In contrast, i now work a 9-5 and can get a college degree that I can use to go OCS later
>>
>>34424203
>74D
Why the hell did you choose the Chemical Corps?
>>
File: cadet is confused.png (364KB, 590x309px) Image search: [Google]
cadet is confused.png
364KB, 590x309px
>Its an Air Force member lists off all of their medical issues and waivers and et cetera and uses that to say that's why they can't do their job that doesn't require them to move episode.

Air Force, honest question. How do you manage to get more injured than every other branch when you move around the least?
>>
>>34424496

See this salty faggot here? See this persistent attempt at trolling in every thread? This is the guy that's going to lose his shit irl if you suggest to him that he's not very smart.
>>
File: 1495136534197.png (198KB, 1190x838px) Image search: [Google]
1495136534197.png
198KB, 1190x838px
>>34423273
>1.81cm (roughly 6')
>>
>>34424541
Calm down lad, those shin splints from your walk test are making you ornery.
>>
File: fat-neck.jpg (157KB, 1300x966px) Image search: [Google]
fat-neck.jpg
157KB, 1300x966px
If the back of my neck looks like a pack of hot dogs, which military branch would I see the most success in?
>>
>>34423241
>can't even build a rifle with a straight barrel

No wonder they lose wars
>>
>>34424541
Not that guy, but I have a question: why do you guys get so fucking aggressive when someone brings up a completely true fact about your beloved Air Force?
>>
File: san franciscan woman.jpg (7KB, 192x250px) Image search: [Google]
san franciscan woman.jpg
7KB, 192x250px
If a superior yells at me, which branch makes it easiest for me to file an EO complaint?

I'm too sassy for orders and work, but I want a cute military uniform for my Instagram/Pinterest photos.
>>
>>34424636
I think everyone else on Earth has noticed this.
>>
gonna try and take the US Asvab test this week, im physically fit but im terrible at math, any tips? im brushing up on my math as best i can but i'd like to know if theres anything aside these math parts i could strengthen a better score
>>
>>34424647
I'm beginning to think the Marine Corps isn't the "cult."
>>
Considering either the Navy or Air Force, I want to go through OCS. Originally I was interested in Intel but I'm worried that having smoked pot a handful of times in college will prevent me from getting TS. Would something like Air Battle Manager for AF or Surface Warfare Officer for Navy help me get a good civilian career once I get out?
>>
>>34424697
You never smoked pot. If you're a homebody, Air Force. If you want to travel, Navy.
>>
File: 1496678202449.jpg (48KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496678202449.jpg
48KB, 640x500px
>>34424666
bump plz
>>
Do they ever look at your medical records either at boot camp or for a TS clearance
>>
File: 1499003042345.jpg (50KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
1499003042345.jpg
50KB, 640x432px
>>34423241
why does French everything looks so fucking gay and retarded?
>>
>>34423647
Dude if you are a fag i can tell you now you wont make it in the FFL...your life will be hell and probably commit suicide.
>>
>>34424910
You waive HIPPA but they won't find out.
>>
>>34424910
>>34424985
I'm curious as to what they can find out, like I heard medical they won't find out unless you tell them but when it comes to things like minor debts can they see that shit?
>>
>>34425206
The thing is that they have to guess where you go. There's no centralized database for medical records. You know how you have to fill out forms to go to a new doctor? It's because the new ones can't just hop onto a server and pull them.
>>
>>34425457
I got some minor debts, however none of my debt exceeds 1000USD it's not loans just things that went unpaid and that I plan to pay off once in. It's more of a concern with debt rather than medical records.
>>
>>34424697
Go NA/NFO, faggot
>>
>>34425594
The only things they really look for for TS is your credit score and your medical history. They MAY polygraph you, but it's pretty rare.
>>
>>34425594
Listen here. Have a plan to pay them off right fucking now. You don't have to get it paid off before you enter, but you do have to admit to it and tell them how you plan to pay it off. Debt is one of the biggest red flags in the process and unlike medical records or experimental pot use they can and will find out. Selling secrets to pay off debt is one of the oldest tricks in the book, and you need to go in ready to disclose that along with your payoff strategy. Even better if you've paid it off before entering.
>>
File: OOHbZcy.jpg (104KB, 799x1194px) Image search: [Google]
OOHbZcy.jpg
104KB, 799x1194px
How does /meg/ feel about Marines and the Marine Corps?
>>
>>34425683

If you want conventional combat arms or are interested in the particular SOF opportunities it holds then it's great, but if you're a POG then it's not for you.
>>
>>34425722
USMC 0370 Special Operations Officer, what do you think?

http://www.marsoc.marines.mil/Units/Marine-Special-Operations-School/
>>
>>34425773

It's basically 18A but in the Marines instead of the Army. If that's what floats your boat then do it.
>>
>>34425722
Is that to say that POG jobs suck in the Corps? Because that's what I had my eye on.
>>
>>34425836

MWR sucks in the Marines. POGs are second class citizens among second class citizens there. You can do the same job under better conditions in any other branch.
>>
>>34425676
I probably could I got 3 marks all 3 add up to only around 400-500 I don't know if the military would be anal about something like that but I'm not exactly making much right now. One reason I'm enlisting if for stability.
>>
Would Navy aviation or Marine aviation provide the most opportunity for combat?
>>
I'm not going to post my whole sob story, but long story short on discharge from Fort Jackson I was given a duffel bag full of uniforms and was told to turn it in to Burlington, NC. That was eight months ago, I've tried to get this thing turned in but shit happens. I just want to be able to re-enlist as a Nasty Girl come October, but I don't know where this bag leaves me. I'm living in South Florida currently
>>
File: 1487580950499.jpg (315KB, 841x1793px) Image search: [Google]
1487580950499.jpg
315KB, 841x1793px
>>34423241
>>
File: literally 9000 hours.png (935KB, 916x1793px) Image search: [Google]
literally 9000 hours.png
935KB, 916x1793px
>>34426399
You made me take time out of my busy day to fix your infographic.
>>
>>34425989
Dude, go on craigslist, look at the part time job listings and take a fucking driver job. You'll pay that off in 2 weeks tops.
>>
>>34425989
>get a job at grocery store
>pay it off in less than a month
>>
>>34424911
who do i talk to to requisition such a QT?
>>
>>34426175

NAVY AVIATION - shoot bombs at ISIS form carriers under OIR

marines - medevac marines on ospreys and possibly do airstrikes

army aviation - helo missile strikes and air support on isis targets, medevaq, drop troops and equipment into hostile areas

air force aviation - fly cargo, fly nukes, fly c-130 gunships, fly space satelites

coast guard aviation - fly rescue missions, fly helicopter sniper teams to shoot drug
boats

cia aviation - fly drones
>>
File: 063-003-e-copy.jpg (405KB, 650x894px) Image search: [Google]
063-003-e-copy.jpg
405KB, 650x894px
Been posting in /meg/ lately due to the MEPS requests.
Running this through you all, sorta have a plan.
99% of my records are on the same campus, but multiple providers are there.
The one I listed as having the records is actually not in charge of the behavioral health in large, but does have some services for it. If I get a 'no records' statement from that place, do you think it'd dissuade MEPS from looking further into the other places around there?

On that note, can MEPS actually pull records from places they know/suspect you to have stuff, how does it legally work?
>>
File: banefrog.png (41KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
banefrog.png
41KB, 444x440px
>>34426899
>CIA aviation
>>
>>34427036

As i recall, you sign a document saying they can go anywhere they want and pull any records they want... That being said, i don't know how far they will go to try to find ALL of your records
>>
File: ramen.jpg (18KB, 496x368px) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
18KB, 496x368px
any advice on joing CIA paramilitary operations? I have like a good 6 years .mil expurience
>>
>>34427362

They have a website. Go apply. It's not complicated.
>>
>>34427398
So does the US Military. Guess we dont need this thread anymore?
>>
>>34427525

You can't apply for the US military online. You have to have a face-to-face meeting with a recruiter to even get the process started.
>>
>>34427362
>CIA paramilitary operations

Are these the guys who train the "moderate" rebels in Syria that always immediately defect to Nusra or ISIS.
>>
File: cia.png (120KB, 721x932px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
120KB, 721x932px
>>34427684
>>34427659

You send in a resume, but its not very clear what makes you stand out from the rest skill wise.

I'm about to get out of military (enlisted) , and I'm almost done with a STEM degree so i want to know if there is anything in particular that makes you look good. Should I learn another language? if so, what language is the best? what weapons schools should i go to (you can usually access to get training from academi, sig sauer academy, etc. just for being active duty)
>>
>>34427684

lolno, that's SF.
>>
>>34424203
BRO I'M SHIPPING OF TO L-WOOD TOMORROW FOR 74D WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT!?!? (P-P-Plz take it easy on the new guy ;_; )
>>
File: 1481354316757.jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481354316757.jpg
161KB, 800x600px
how long does it usually take to ship out?
gonna take the test some time after the 5th of july
whats the longest anyone has waited and whats the average wait time? im about to be unemployed and cant pay another month of rent
>>
>>34423273
>ex-smoker (eight years)
>bf% 21.3
No.
>>
File: 1472614449271.jpg (46KB, 630x409px) Image search: [Google]
1472614449271.jpg
46KB, 630x409px
>tfw half burpees
>>
>>34423241
That flash hider is simple it's beautiful.
>>
>>34423241
>Fighting for cucks
>>
File: 1378785925070.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1378785925070.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>Want to join FFL infantry to see the exotic lands of Africa and kill people
>Will be 27/8 when I leave the Marines
Could I still make it?
>>
>>34428442

Or, you know, do a stint in MARSOC and learn an African language.
>>
Think prior service with a 3.7 gpa in engineering and a 288 pft score will get picked up for marine OCS?
>>
File: 1420506403582.png (597KB, 1935x773px) Image search: [Google]
1420506403582.png
597KB, 1935x773px
>>34428454
I'm a Francophile. I don't know if I'll change down the line, but I'd like to do it mostly for the chance to do something for a country for which I have a huge respect and love of their culture. The chance at French citizenship is pretty nice as well.
>>
>>34427036
You should have kept your mouth shut desu. But afaik it's iffy if it will dissuade them, it just depends on how severe the thing you were diagnosed with is.
>>
>>34428504

Y-you baguette loving mother fucker!

>t. Anglophile hoping to get stationed at Mildenhall/Lakenheath
>>
>>34423273

nope
>>
>>34428504
i feel the feels in this feels picture
>>
File: 1378183114427.jpg (17KB, 568x356px) Image search: [Google]
1378183114427.jpg
17KB, 568x356px
>>34427036
>tfw no bitch Marine gf
>>
File: 1459223248698.png (925KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459223248698.png
925KB, 1080x1080px
>>34428524
Good luck to you, friend. I hope we both live out our dreams.
>>
>>34428605

fuck you
>>
>>34428605

You too.

>>34428622

>this guy
>>
File: 1491255424192.jpg (5KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
1491255424192.jpg
5KB, 250x183px
>>34428622
Nah, fuck you leatherman.
>>
>>34428474

YES HAHA but your talents would be of better use in the navy

>>34428442

max age is 31
>>
File: 1490226210724.jpg (83KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490226210724.jpg
83KB, 500x575px
Been workin out to join the Army. I've lost 30 lbs, want to lose 10 more to stay under my weight cutoff.

I've stayed away from pre workout cause I won't have it in basic, but I've debated picking some up to get off a plateau I've hit.

Yea or nay?
>>
>>34428937
What's your 1/2/3/4 status?
Also, I'd worry more cardio for basic.
>>
File: worried bort.gif (88KB, 457x402px) Image search: [Google]
worried bort.gif
88KB, 457x402px
I'm beginning to worry about my application
I hear that the officer hiring board meets in July, but I'm still nervous about not hearing anything since mid June.

Does anyone know when the hiring board meets?
My recruiters won't say
>>
>>34428980
idk what 1/2/3/4 is, but my 1.5mile is ~12:00.
>>
>>34429085
Oh I meant your compound lifts
Over head press/Bench/Squat/Dead

Your run is good though
>>
>>34429117
to be honest man, i dont fuck with the free weights much. im up to 45 pushups, i can do a billion situps and a few pull ups. I usually squat 250, 3 sets of 10.
>>
>>34429268
250 3x10 is VERY good for someon who doesn't do it regularly
You must walk a lot of stairs in your day to day life.

I have to recommend deads to everyone. They're the best.
>>
File: tPXz1.png (541KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tPXz1.png
541KB, 480x480px
Anyone here take the picat? I'm going down to MEPs to take some verification test but I don't know much about it besides it's timed. What should I expect, the same thing or is it a lot different?
>>
>>34428995

contact the recruiter and make sure your application is still in the system, mine was" pending" for so long it got dropped. I ended up going enlisted in a different branch so I would have a job
>>
File: 1496342046030.jpg (37KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496342046030.jpg
37KB, 720x720px
>>34429363

I looked that shit up... its a fucking ASVAB for those with test anxiety?

there's a reason that the asvab was at least somewhat strictly regulated

>tfw this is what the military came to
>>
>>34429466
My recruiter set it up with me to see where I am at even though I took one at the office. Thing is it seemed easier than the first test even though it was larger. I scored like 30 points higher, which raised some eyebrows. I got to go down there and "match scores" idk what I'm in for with this. I would have preferred to do this normally.
>>
>>34429425
Yeah, I've been in this fucking limbo for almost 2 years now
I regularly call them up every month.

Last I heard, they sent out my file to a higher power and that everything locally had been squared away.
Only took 18 months for that to happen. Incompetent fucks
>>
>>34429363

Its probably a shortened version of the ASVAB to make sure you didn't have your super autist uber brain friend who is good at electronics and shop tools take it for you.

not much help, since i took the full ASVAB and then took the additional AFAST for flight school back when that was a thing
>>
>>34429289
i tried looking it up and found nothing. got a link?
>>
>>34429500

what branch? you can probably contact their OC board and see if they have a contact for processing and let them know you have heard no word from your recruiter when they were supposed to tell you
>>
What's the masturbation situation in the military? Do I have to go with quickies only or will I have opportunities to take 20 minute "shits"?
>>
>>34429363

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/stories/20160128_10.html

from the army recruiting command
>>
>>34424485
It looked fun. Turned out pretty fun after all.
>>
>>34429577

at boot camp or in the field?
>>
>>34429518
Pretty much what I'm thinking it's just a shortened version but I don't really now how short, what amount of time it is, and if it covers everything or just the AFQT sections. >>34429578 Well got better info now, probably set it up for me because I live pretty far from the recruiter's offices about an hour and a half away.

Thing is I think I got lucky, guessed on half of it well made educated guesses. Replicating those results idk if I can. I've gotten lucky with tests in the past before just hoping a second time I can get those results.

Like I thought my mechanical score was going to be low but it was high and I though my electronics score was going to be fine but it was much lower than I thought it would be.
>>
>>34429588
BCT, AIT, at duty station, in the field, take your pick.
>>
I know that martial arts are popular in the military, but is fencing or at least kendo? I want to find some guys to train with.
>>
>>34428516
Looking back I know I should have but I was so tired it made me socially autistic and horribly honest which was awful. At least recruiter caught on I was retarded from sleepiness and kept me from going further.
I have Depression/Oppositional Defiant Disorder in my teen years, but kinda misdiagnosed because I never said I just had a real bad home situation. Everyone who knew me intimately back then says that sounds like bullshit, but the papers are what there is to go off of.

Looking back, in actuality, I actually just had no direction/goal in life and once I found the idea of joining the Marines, I became obsessively dedicated.
I hope and pray my one night of shit sleep before the recruiting office doesn't fuck this up.
>>
>>34430256
Are you going AF?
I figure that's the Weeb branch
>>
>>34423241
I'm a US Army veteran. 27 years old.

I'm going to a university on the GI Bill but I just want to be a soldier again. But fuck the US military, it's a political joke now, with more time being spent on mandatory transgender classes and being told not to rape people while having women join combat jobs than is spent at the range.

I want to join the FFL, since i have ties to anything here in the US, I'm single and just working a wageslave job while taking classes. Nothing to stop me from just flying to France and joining and starting a new life.
>>
File: bating hand.jpg (77KB, 1025x513px) Image search: [Google]
bating hand.jpg
77KB, 1025x513px
>>34430198

at basic, foggetabout it

later on, depends on your barracks, you may or may not have a roommate, if not, the bathrooms have stalls

in the field, if your battle buddy isn't gay enough to allow you to do it in his presence, your best bet is to find a porta-shitter
>>
>>34430545

make sure you are physically fit, brush up on your french (but dont let anybody know you know), If you still have AKO, look into getting into the DLI language programs or Rosetta stone for free

https://jlu.wbtrain.com/sumtotal/jlu2.0/HOME/index.asp?error=invalid_logon

(A .MIL EMAIL IS REQUIRED)

I posted the retirements in an image here earlier >>34424378
>>
>>34429363
i took the picat when i got in and as long as you get the same answers on the few questions they prompt you with you're good to go
if you fuck up you gotta do it all right there at meps again
>>
>>34426340
>>34426340

Pls help me /k/. I just want to be a nasty girl ._.
>>
>>34430761
i don't even understand what you're trying to say
>>
Im applying for ocs with the marines this summer I fucked around in college and I'm graduating from a good school with a 2.0 in a non technical major. Do I have a shot? Are the marines the most likely to take me?
>>
>>34431103
You're probably fucked.
Marines don't take officers often.
They don't need them.

And 2.0 is super super low for OCS

Try Navy.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 500x484px
How would a fat, lazy NEET go about getting /fit/ to join the US army?
How /fit/ do I need to be?
I mainly want to be an M1 armor crewman, the combat medic job also interested me, forgot what it was called.

I just turned 19, I've been a hikikomori for the last three years and it's driving me insane, I have to do something with my life and the military seems much more interesting an being a wageslave.

Would joining at 21 be a good age? That seems like enough time to prepare if I start training soon.
>>
What is there to do in Misawa? I've been to Sky Plaza, and it was pretty neat. Mostly looking for weebshit and good arcades. Good eats would also be appreciated.
>>
>>34431203
just manage to get a <16 minute 2 mile, and 50+ pushups and situps in 2 minutes
it's really easy and is the true fix to being a lazy neet
source: ex lazy neet
>>
>>34431203
Yeah, do it.

I can't say much about the US shit, but for Canadian military, you need to do the beeptest well enough (i.e. 10 minute mile at least) and do some basic lifting. Like dragging 50kg a distance in a time.
And lifting 20kg to your chest a dozen times in a minute.
>>
>>34431203
Read the sticky on /fit/ and stick to it religiously.
10 years ago /fit/ helped me go from 290 to 180lbs and now I'm sitting here on /k/ trying my best to be a Marine and put my gains somewhere useful.
>>
I went through MEPS and signed a contract with the Navy 3 days ago, but they tested my vision at 20/25 which disqualified me from the jobs I wanted. Is there a way for me to retest that later or have LASIK or something done so that in 2 years when I can change rates, the other jobs will be open to me?
>>
File: 1488418657718.jpg (68KB, 625x381px) Image search: [Google]
1488418657718.jpg
68KB, 625x381px
Tell me everything there is to no if I delayed enlistment until he Space Corps is a thing (2019)
What jobs would even be available
>>
Will the Space Corps be harder to get into than the Coast Guard
>>
>>34429577
Had a guy almost get dropped from our platoon for jacking it. It seems tough (I rub one out at least twice per day) but you'll be so mentally and physically exhausted that you won't get hard.
>>
>>34429577
I got away with it at basic on the weekends during cleaning and when there was protestant service. Good luck at any other time.
>>
Do you think the involvement of women in the military would decrease if they had to shave their heads along with the men during boot camp?
>>
>>34432405
We don't even know what it is going to be like yet. I'm imagining like Air Force it will be 95% ground 5% (Space) instead of Air or just basically Air/Space.

If it's going to be a department of the Air Force it will probably polar opposite of Marines, probably 10x smarter to. Now if they actually manage to get space vessels up there you can damn well assume you'd probably need to go through some special program or be an Officer even beyond just a normal officer.

Might be on par with how hard it is to get into some Special Forces or even harder. I know jack shit about becoming an astronaut but I know no one just right out of High School can do it. Ground operations however, probably can get into that.
>>
>>34432815
It be true equality, be nice to see to. The horror on some girl's face looking in the mirror to see her long hair she has been growing since age 8 is now on the floor and she looks like a cancer patient.
>>
File: C3 1.jpg (988KB, 2191x2670px) Image search: [Google]
C3 1.jpg
988KB, 2191x2670px
I saw this question posted here a few weeks ago by another anon, but didn't think much of it and didn't really pay attention to the responses it got. Lately, it's been sitting in the back of my mind, and I feel like if I don't ask now that I might do something I regret.

How do you combat-centered guys deal with knowing that any time you could sustain a life-changing injury? A leg blown off, skin melted off your face, a shot to the cranial region that doesn't kill you - stuff like that.
>>
Is going to a service academy worth it? I can go to the Air Force Academy but I'm really questioning if it's worth the trouble
>>
>>34432943
whatever happens happens
>>
>>34432888
I have a difficult time considering women to be "equal" to the men when they aren't forced to sacrifice their individuality and they're trained in all-girl units.
>>
>>34432943

Once you've been in a theatre long enough on combat arm ops, eventually you start to just not care.

Then it goes one step further and you actively think about how a gunshot wound to the arm wouldn't be too bad, you'd take that if it got you home.

Then your drills slip and you stop using the metal detector on every suspicious pile and instead stamp on it with your feet to see if it's an IED.

I kid you not.
>>
>>34432943
The consequence fees for such a thing usually cost an arm and a leg. If you are so worried about it if it's not to late sign up for something else but if it's already set in motion guess you should start writing a will now just in case. The bravado doesn't mean much if you lose your writing hand and both legs. People shouldn't go into it for reasons of "Least I'm not a POG" shit because well I just believe it takes a certain kind of person to be in combat roles.

If you think ruining your life is worth the risk and you want to die for something that doesn't actually have your best interest at heart than more power to you. But it's something you should really put a lot of thought into. People more often than not jump into this without thinking enough and they usually come out wrecks at the end of all of it.
>>
Are there any RN cunts here? Is it at all worth it joining up to go and traipse about on the shitey old ships, or should I wait until the new destroyers are up to try and get on them?
>>
>>34423523
Typically insanely competitive. Having a PPL will also increase your selection chance ten-fold
>>
>asthma

Guess we're not all gonna make it
>>
>>34433312
That's not true at all. People get picked up with a 2.8 and average scores on the ASTB. The Navy is hurting for pilots and NFO's right now. This is probably the best time in years to apply.

No one gives a fuck about a PPL.
>>
>/meg/ thread
>Doesn't post the /meg/ discord

Congratulations on being a poser
>>
>>34433029
>Then your drills slip and you stop using the metal detector on every suspicious pile and instead stamp on it with your feet to see if it's an IED.
W-what? People are willing to die just to get out of there?
>>
>>34433332
http://www.af.mil/Portals/1/documents/Policy%20Memo.pdf?ver=2017-01-10-100008-623
My friend don't give up
>>
>>34424640
nice meme
>>
>>34432950

It all depends on your priorities. You trade in the traditional "college experience" for a world-class education and social network.
>>
>>34430831
>go to Ft Jackson for bct
>get sent home, apparently procedure is I turn in my uniforms to home state Guard RSP
>the day I shipped to SC was the last day I was to live in NC
>have no way to get to NC since after I was living in AL
>tried to turn it in at Charlotte when I was in Atlanta but was denied
>nine months later I still have the uniforms and am even further away than before
>>
Surely there is a better way to learn technical skills than the Army.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6KB, 50x44px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 50x44px
>>34433507
Not him, but go read The Things They Carried. Guys were shooting their toes off for a few weeks in Japan.
>considering the military
>hasn't read what vets have to say about it
http://capveterans.com/
>>
>>34434314

Depends on your means. If you're incredibly gifted you can go from living in the Hood to getting a full ride to a top school.That's not the typical story though. Usually people can't beat the odds. They take out loans and struggle to maintain a middle class lifestyle once they achieve it.

As an underachieving High School grad, the Army paid me a good salary to get several years of relevant and valuable training. Then they paid for both of my degrees with money left over to get even more education when I want it. I left with a clearance and marketable skills, no debt, plenty of assets (including real estate) and a couple great job offers

Could I have done that without the military? Maybe, but I think it would've been substantially harder.
>>
me again!
here's what i came up with during the last twenty-four hours since my post. what if, i were to join the travel to 'murica (inb4: stay the fuck out), seek political asylum and enlist? i'm sure of having read somewhere that you can get your papers in less than a year after enlisting. and besides, it's not like i'm after the green card, (wtf wants american citizenship, aimiright?) I just want to see action you know, make something out of myself. this would be the ultimate thrill to end all thrills.
>>
When is the US invasion of syria realistically taking place?
>>
>>34435504
>/meg/
>military enlistment general
>When is the US invasion of syria realistically taking place?
unless a possible syrian invasion is a factor in your enlistment decision making, I don't see why you felt the need to ask that question in this thread.
also, not sure if you're old enough to tell, but the us doesn't have a good track record when it comes to invading sovereign nations
>'nam
>somalia
>iraq
you lot should seriously reconsider your decisions when it comes to spreading your cancer.
>>
Alright /k/, I need your knowledge
I know I'm being that fag but I need to know the U.S Air force disqualifications dealing with ADHD.
I got nice grades and shit, trying to be an officer so no worries about not being alpha, but I can't find anything 100% definitive specifically with ADHD.
>>
>>34435589
If im going to enlist, I would like to spend my enlistment actually doing proper combat arms stuff instead of spending 4 years+ as a glorified pog. An invasion is most definitely an influencing factor to enlisting.
>>
>>34435589
also >>34435389
>I just want to see action you know, make something out of myself.
>>
>>34435655
>>34435665

you'd like to actually "serve", understood. but why should it be under the circumstances of an invasion. why jack it to a pearl harbor 2.0 scenario instead? or a peacekeeping one (since peacekeeping implies fatally torturing teenagers and shooting at bystanders to you lot)
aren't you guys tired of fertilizing the soils of other countries? it's starting to seem masochistic at this point desu.
you lot should be thankful that somalis are forgetful and are a divided bunch, had it been ethiopians, you'd have a handful of 911s by now.
>>
File: Saitama Egg.png (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama Egg.png
142KB, 500x500px
How long does the enlistment process for the Marine Corps typically take from first meeting with a recruiter to swearing in and at MEPS and signing your final contract?
>>
>>34435756
oh I see, Im being baited. Should have known better, with the trip and all.
>>
File: rubecunt.jpg (258KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
rubecunt.jpg
258KB, 940x705px
>If im going to enlist, I would like to spend my enlistment actually doing proper combat arms stuff
>>
File: sk.jpg (34KB, 300x296px) Image search: [Google]
sk.jpg
34KB, 300x296px
>>34435798
>mfw ptsd; self-pawn; nigger nightmares, etc...
>>
>>34435765
Took me a week.
>>
>>34432943
I can get into a car accident tomorrow and lose a leg. There is no safe part of real life.
>>
>>34432943
First month = extremely scary.
Last month = extremely scary.

Honestly, what
>>34435915
said is most accurate. You're constantly rolling the dice and you don't know it. What you need to constantly tell yourself is this: "I am going home. Anyone who gets in my way is not. End of story."
>>
Can anyone tell me why we still use old as fuck LAVs and AAVs?

Does anyone have experience with them?

I don't want to get shredded by a stray RPG because of aluminum armor, but going tracks/LAV crewman is my dream job.
>>
>>34435973
So they dont have to pay money for new vehicles
>>
>>34423241
Any personal knowledge on US Army Military Intelligence ( 35 series )

Thats what Im shooting for since I did well on the asvab ,also has any one here taken the DLAB? your input would be appreciated
>>
>>34423241
Took the asvab a few days ago and did fairly well, 87 afqt , 120+ line scores

If you dont have much time to study definitely bone up in math and vocabulary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0brxMViHuk&t=2s [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHEJWe_0kI&t=14643s [Embed]

these are pretty good, the majority is not on the test but its good to get used to the subject matter (formulas, Orders of operations, variables, fractions etc. )

some anon posted a thread ( Thanks man ) with this practice website that had me learn a few new problems that were on the test to my relief.

http://asvabpracticetestonline.com/

If you have more time to prepare , delve into the other subjects more deeply. In my opinion the ASVAB for dummies book ( though I didnt use that book specifically ) is worth the money seeing as it will aid a score that will determine what you are going to do for the next 4+ years of your life.

goodluck fellas
>>
>>34424666
Math and vocabulary ( word definitions and paragraph comprehension )

>>34436475
>>
How advanced does the math get on the ASVAB?
I took Geometry 3 times in high school and Alger I with a C
>>
>>34436467
Probably the most interesting thing you can do in the military, really, and I say this as someone who was nearly always an outside observer. It very well may not be for you. But if it is you won't want to do anything else. You'll also find lots of people who transfer in, but very few who transfer out which should tell you a lot. Good pay, good conditions, you can't bluff it and the opportunity for personal development is massive.
>>
>>34425773
i know his personally, him and my dad worked together and i work with marsoc alot best thing to do is join army sf but dont go as 18-23 they will find a reason to kick you out but its because of age
>>
>>34428937
army basic is summer camp with guns, they will build you there, i got weaker when i went through it.
>>
>>34435973
hey kid, an RPG can go through 2 FEET of Rolled homogeneous steel when using the standard HEAT warhead so quit sweating things you cannot control but the odds of getting killed in any of these war-zones is extremely small.
>>
>>34436761
>but the odds of getting killed in any of these war-zones is extremely small.
Then explain the record death rates we saw during the War on Terror
>>
>>34437095
Deaths tend to build up over 16 years
>>
>>34437160
>record death rates
>lol death totals just build up over time
American reading comprehension everyone
>>
>>34436582
from what i remember, basic algebra and geometry
>>
>>34434163
>>34434163

Didn't want to post my whole story, come on now guys. Am I gonna have to take this to reddit?
>>
File: urinal.jpg (22KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
urinal.jpg
22KB, 480x640px
How can I fix my shy bladder? I could barely give a urine sample at MEPS despite heavily drinking water all day and needing to piss very badly. I know I will have to give another sample before shipping, and in general have to piss around other guys. How the fuck do I fix myself?
>>
>>34438399
you can't

people like you think they are too special and will never think otherwise. Congrats your subconscious knows your a special snowflake
>>
File: 5467456346.png (155KB, 532x531px) Image search: [Google]
5467456346.png
155KB, 532x531px
Do you guys really think there will be any future conflicts? Last I heard ISIS was being BTFO so I don't think there'll be anything there.
>>
>>34438438
canadians need to get freed from their dictatorship
>>
>>34438438
near future*
>>
>>34438399
Keep pissing in front of people. Just like walk up to a guy at the urinal and piss in the closest stall. Piss in his stall even, just keep pissing in front of others and you get used to it.
>>
>>34438438
I honestly don't know. A lot of things could happen, but it's just basically a lot of shows of strength and pestering at this point.

I think the Middle East will always be a poop hole, so probably go back there eventually to fight for our greatest ally and what not (implying we ever left). North Korea I feel will most likely either just stay North Korea or fall on it's face. I truly believe however wars will become increasingly more automated, we are getting a "space corps" for fuck sakes. Drones in space, drones in the air, and drones on the ground. Just a bunch of terrorism shitshows to deal with and more drones.

And of course for at least the next 4 to 8 years "muh Russia hackers" I don't think any real conflict will come of this.
>>
>>34435616

I recently joined.
I was diagnosed with ADD in like 4th grade, had medication for like a year or two. Didn't take any meds after around 6th grade. They said it was fine, didn't even need a waiver.
>>
>>34437095
>>34437205
>record death rates
How? Every single U.S. war in the last century has had more casualties. Vietnam was 10+ years and had almost 60,000 KIA. Iraq/Afghanistan/Yemen/Somalia/Syria have been going on for well over 15 years at this point and there have been under 7,000 killed
>>
File: Snip.jpg (67KB, 728x657px) Image search: [Google]
Snip.jpg
67KB, 728x657px
>>34436475
Figured I'd follow the link and give it a shot.
Have a stable career... Wanted to serve but don't see a good way without fucking up aforementioned stable career.
That "average" has to be bullshit.
>>
>>34438954
>Believing your war criminal government's figures
wew
>>
I've been an RN for a few years and I feel like taking advantage of the incentives and bonuses the three officer commissioning branches are offering. Which one would be the smartest move?
>>
>>34439110
nope, that average is probably generous for the average fresh out of highschool dummies that are funneled into the military for maintenance positions.

you would probably max out the real asvab or come close to it , but it doesn't take much to qualify for every job the army has to offer.

I couldnt imagine a reason for you to enlist unless you try to be SOF. even then your training for a tough life but also one like no other.
>>
>>34432847
If the Space Corps did start doing space missions, I'd imagine that selection process would be like becoming both Navy Nuke and a pilot at the same time, but with spec ops level competition. There'd still be a ton of BS enlisted jobs though, except they would also probably end up being way more competitive than the regular Air Force because space.

The last NASA class had something like 18,300 applications for 12 spots. The people who got the position were mostly military or former military, and basically everyone was a MIT / Harvard grad / Rhodes Scholar, so that's the standard we're currently at for space travel.
>>
>>34438438
From the last few months I get the sense that a conflict with North Korea is increasingly possible, just like in the months and years leading up to the invasion Iraq in 2003. The situation is very similar, with a rogue state controlled by a dictator with nuclear ambitions, who refuses to comply with outside/UN/US demands.

If Trump decided to invade he would have more justification and possibly support than Bush did in 2003 with Iraq, since we know NK has nuclear weapon and is developing ICBMs that can reach the US.
>>
>>34439217

Let the Air Force send you to med school then do your residency in the military. Bang.
>>
>>34439434
That sounds like something that has a waiting list 10 years long. So far from my conversations the Air Force has been very vague about exactly what sign on bonuses they have and my future opportunities while the Army has put papers in front of me for $30k a year every year until I don't need it anymore specifically to pay off my student loans plus 10k cash sign on.

But I keep hearing the "opportunities" in the Air Force are ultimately better. Maybe I have a shitty recruiter.
>>
>>34439488

>sign on bonus
>commissioning
>student loan repayment program with asterisks

Holy fuck. You seem to be so confused that I'm confused.
>>
File: 1320516413636.jpg (40KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1320516413636.jpg
40KB, 599x600px
>want to be a Marine
>close friends/family tell me "You're too smart for the Marines. Join the Navy or the Air Force."

Navy is my #2 and I have the utmost respect for them but I really want to be a Marine. Why do people always say this? Are the Marines really THAT meatheaded?
>>
>>34439533

What job in the Marines is giving you such a hard-on?
>>
>>34439542
I want to handle Public Affairs matters.
>>
>>34439488
Generally speaking, the military offers special bonuses and commissioning programs to get people to do jobs they have difficulty filling.

The military has some difficulty attracting physicians because the pay as an O3 is a hell of a lot less than working in private practice. Because of that there are a lot of options where the military will pay for med school or throw thousands of dollars of bonuses at you just to get you to sign a longer service agreement. I have no idea how competitive they are but I don't think they're that bad at all.
>>
>>34439511
I don't know what else to tell you besides what I've held in my hand and what I've read from holding it in my hand. I'm asking you to be helpful rather than throw statements at me that I don't know what I'm talking about. No, in this matter I generally don't but I'm not a teenager fresh out of high school either, I know how to read and understand the conditions of a contract. What is the problem with what I wrote so I can better understand what it is I'm misunderstanding?
>>
File: born to kill.jpg (114KB, 940x646px) Image search: [Google]
born to kill.jpg
114KB, 940x646px
>>34439557
Do you believe in the Virgin Mary?
>>
>>34439595

Officers commission. Enlisted enlist. Officers don't get a sign on bonus, they only get that for extending their commission. If someone is talking to you about student loan repayment programs (which don't work that way) while at the same time talking to you about a signing bonus then I must conclude the following:

-You have a bachelor's degree (?) or at least an associate's
-You're getting talked into enlisting because you don't know the difference (Officer requires a Bachelor's at least)
-The Army is promising you the moon because it's what they do to lure suckers in
-The fact that you're even talking to an Air Force recruiter puts you steps ahead of the game in getting into the Air Force, the branch is so good that it doesn't need to throw money at you to join

But this could be wrong because I am hearing so many seemingly conflicting things from your post.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33KB, 701x122px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33KB, 701x122px
>>34439689
Of course I have a Bachelor's, I have RN licensure.

>officers don't get a sign on bonus
Not according to their website and the paperwork I have for AMEDD
>>
>>34439689
>Officers don't get a sign on bonus
A small amount of collegiate programs do.

t. someone who drank the NUPOC Kool-Aid
>>
>>34439720

Then you've got the chance to go in as a normal officer or let them pay for your med school if you want to go in as an MD. I know little about the nursing end of things, but I've had good friends go the MD route.

>>34439733

You poor bastard. Didn't know that thing about signing bonuses for officers, I guess I'm not super speshul.
>>
>>34439427
Wouldn't that just be nuclear war?
>>
I went to the navy recruiter and told them I wanted to join. I couldn't enlist cause I was 17 and mummy and daddy weren't down with it. He gave me an asvab code to take home, and I filled out the first form they give you at the recruiters. I left and never came back. I decided I am going to college and do 11A in the Army. Do I need to go back to the recruiter to clarify that I don't want to join? Can I just wait until my asvab link expires?
>>
>>34435915
>>34435952
Still fucks with your mind a little, you know? I read an article that said there are IEDs these days specifically made to blow up your testicles/dick (not fucking joking).
>>
>>34439838

Might be nice to let him know as a courtesy, but if all you did was barely start the process then you're not obligated in any way.

Also be sure you understand that as an officer you won't be able to choose 11A, only compete for it with your peers.
>>
>>34439733
I'm going to the NUPOC "totally non-obligatory trip on a ship" tour next week. Anything to expect from being an officer in America's nuclear navy?
>>
Does anyone have any knowledge about Security Forces on the Marine side? Apparently Air Force is awful, but I've read some decent stuff although outdated stuff on Marine SF.
>>
>>34439629
SIR YES SIR!
>>
>>34439911
I only just graduated and I'm heading to OCS in a couple of weeks, so I'm definitely not the right person to talk about any of the actual work. The guys who lead the NVIP trips were really helpful though, and were pretty straight that "this isn't for everyone." Ask questions, and you'll hopefully get a pretty good feel for whether this is something you could potentially actually enjoy.
>>
>IT Band Syndrome
Been stretching everyday and have slowly gotten better. How to return to running without fucking shit up
>>
>>34425653
This. Don't be a black shoe puke.
>>
>>34428474
Go nukes in the Navy if you don't mind subs. Nuke power pay is considerable, something like an extra 20k a year, and if you get out you'll have plenty of opportunity.
>>
>>34431103
>>34431123

The minimum GPA for aviator/NFO, which is most forgiving of a poor GPA, is 2.5, if I recall.
>>
>>34423241
>tfw want to join the FFL but wear glasses
>>
>>34440819
same, cant we join?
>>
>>34440819
>>34441235
Better save up 4 thousand dollars for that lasik, faggots
>>
>>34436467
Nomatter what service you enlist through, if you go linguist and pass the DLAB. You will spend copious amounts of time in initial entry traing. At a place called Defense Language Institute in Monterrey California. Depending on language selected you could spend 14-24 months there. You will then proceed to trade either sanity, your heart, or your happiness for the ability to speak/understand a new language. The void that remains will most likely be filled with drinking. Huge amount of Weeaboos, HUGE. After the language training is complete the more basic intelligence training is conducted at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo Texas. And if you fail to pass at the language institute you just go there anyway and your MOS is adjusted as necessary, but usually the damage is already done. (was stationed in Hawaii as an army 35S, but worked with many, MANY 35N(analysts) and 35P(linguists)

the linguists are a different breed, and depending on language you will shrink your available duty stations to 2-3 shore locations.
>>
>>34436467
Also on the subject of military intelligence, try for airforce first, navy 2nd and then settle for Army if you can't get those. The Army still has a bad habit of not recognizing the intel jobs and career that many of it's soldiers have. Most of the times your ass is on loan to another government agency (which is cool as fuck) but that also means your army command see you as nothing but a PT score. I spent 8 years of hell in MI having an extremely relevant and rewarding career on the classified side of things. But absolutely zero of it reflected well on me when it came to appraising my merit as a Soldier.
>>
>>34436467
>Any personal knowledge on US Army Military Intelligence ( 35 series )

This is an overly broad question. The experience of a 35F or 35G is not going to be identical to a 35M or 35N for example.

And then within each MOS experiences can vary wildly depending on unit and deployments.
>>
>>34439533
Navy has Seabees, smarter than the average Marine and some see combat to. Also you get to learn a skill at the same time.
>>
>>34423412

The FFL is for people who want the military experience but cannot join their national army for some reason(not enough jobs and too many people applying, age limit, being in a literal shithole like Niger...) or they simply want the citizenship(this is a form of inmigration that I can take).

The FFL must know this so they can take as many licenses and advantages as they want.
>>
File: 1423293597186.png (557KB, 746x545px) Image search: [Google]
1423293597186.png
557KB, 746x545px
>>34423412
>In the FFL, you get your head put in a doorframe and the door slammed on it
Why does this sound so appealing to me
>>
>>34439533
0370s and 0372s have been fairly smart from what Ive heard
>>
>>34442532
you're a madman
>>
>>34442555
>just join the Raiders
>just join the Green Berets
>just join the Rangers
>just join the SEALs
Why do people on here say this like it's something you just sign up for and magically happens
>>
>>34442714
Because everyone on /k/ is a tough guy with 200 confirmed kills in an SOF, and it was easy for them.

Chris Kyle is full of shit tho
>>
>>34442714
11X
>>
>>34442714
I wonder if anyone here has actually gone through indoc for MARSOC. I'd like to know what the process is like.
>>
>>34442714

You can come in off the street and get a contract to try for any of those except Raiders.

People say "just go do it" because it's exhausting listening to people talk about their overcomplicated ten year plan to be a coolguy operator. If you want it, just go do it. If you don't want it that bad, just shut up and stop deluding yourself.

It's hard, but it's not complicated.
>>
>>34441392
>>34441424
>>34441533
Redpill me on 35M.
>>
>>34442949
So what you're saying is you need a 10 year coolguy plan for MARSOC
>>
File: camel.jpg (284KB, 1280x1772px) Image search: [Google]
camel.jpg
284KB, 1280x1772px
JOBS TO AVOID:

Which jobs have the whiniest personnel?

Which jobs have the most unwarranted sense of self important and pseudo-intellectualism?

Just want to avoid fucking myself over. I don't mind cockiness if a given team is actually effective.
>>
>>34441424
>nothing more than a PT score
How fucked is your diet before you start blaming the world? Does sugar taste that fucking good?
>>
>>34443039
>Which jobs have the whiniest personnel?
The ones with the most women.
>>
I have done conscription and i cant get military job in my country (they dont really hire alot of people, mostly desk jobs nowdays) are the only realistic choices FFL and Merican army?
>>
>>34424615
I mean, don't they call muhreens leathernecks
>>
File: IMG_9124.jpg (114KB, 680x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9124.jpg
114KB, 680x334px
The jobs I'm interested in require a security clearance (us military). Will they check my bank account history during the investigation? Because last year I purchased some online self help for social anxiety. I never even used it because I have been overcoming it naturally, but there are several purchases listed on there because it was a month by month payment plan (although buried deep under many purchases). Will I be screwed if they see this since they might think it will indicate a history if anxiety disorder? I have never been to the doctor or any medical professional for mental health it was all on my own. Don't try to answer if you don't really know.
>>
>>34424203
I'm in your barracks right now.
>>
Does anyone know if you can use lotion in Navy boot camp? My skin just gets dry sometimes
>>
File: 1467813860453.jpg (47KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1467813860453.jpg
47KB, 500x529px
thoughts on Tarleton/Texas A&M Corp of Cadets?
I am unsure if i want to join the military seeing as if it's going to be used, it will be in Syria and that isn't something I am looking forward to.
But i do like a martial lifestyle and kinship, and a leadership minor would aid my business degree.

put simply, is it so shit that it isn't worth it?
>>
>>34437095
>3000 killed in 10 years
>record
>>
>>34435756
>insecurity over belonging to a shithole state, the post
>>
>>34438399
I had the same issue. I just drank enough water to the point where I was trying to find excuses to piss myself. It'll eventually go away though through the living environment at reception/basic.
>>
>>34443921
I currently go to A&M and am planning on going to the military, and I'm not in the Corps. College Station is hot and humid as shit, and the uniforms don't help the cause. A lot of people in the Corps smell like shit because they sweet so much in there uniforms.

People in the Corps are also stereotyped as being weird. It isn't always true, but it holds true for the most part.

The Corps is probably good for getting you ready for a military lifestyle, but I would go the college lifestyle just for the freedom of it. Being told what to do for 7+ years will get old
>>
Should I tell the military I went to a counselor for an OCS spot (never been on meds or anything)? Will anything come up on a secret investigation? For a TS clearance will they review my med records or can they see what I've posted on 4Chan?
>>
>>34443598
you'll be fine
the main things that i have seen people get revoked/denied for
are
>2 citizenships
>a lot of debt with little income
>>
>>34439800
NK's small stock of nuclear weapons can't be mounted on missiles yet, and if they will be able in the future, it will likely be able to be intercepted.
>>
>>34443999
I've got about 35k of debt between car/student loans/credit cards. If I were looking to enlist, would it be strategic to declare bankruptcy beforehand? Some resources online suggest it would, but I'm not sure that amount justifies it.
>>
A couple of months ago a kind anon made a few posts on how to save your money and general money management while in the military. Does anyone have those posts?
>>
>>34444303
don't buy a camaro get drunk and crash it into a phone pole on okinawa
also don't buy a new truck or any other muscle car that costs more than you make in a year
wow, that was fucking hard, retard
>>
>>34443051

He's not wrong though. For the most part the Army has trouble dealing with intel personnel as far as career goes. My experience, I recognize as anecdotal before you get up your own ass about it, was that 90%+ of SNCOs and Os did not start out in MI. Many were retrained from combat arms when they became too much of a broke dick to stay infantry, cav, or armor but had already invested too much time to not get a 20 year retirement. And many times they were incompetent or ignorant. And the Army hemorrhages junior enlisted MI people because we get out to go into contractor gigs doing the same thing for 5+ times as much money or go to college.

And part of that is because the Army institutionally doesn't know how to deal with intel people who are good at their jobs but are mediocre to good at the APFT and range qual. Because those two things can determine a lot when it comes to your unit sending you to schools, classes, and training related to your job or promoting you past E4.
>>
>>34443921
>a martial lifestyle

>"I want to play soldier!"
>>
>>34443968
Bump
>>
My recruiter told me to lie at MEPS and that we'd fix it later.

Did I get bamboozled?
>>
>>34443051
>>34445073
Exactly my point. For the Army it's a negative feedback loop, A young soldier gets trained by the NSA/CIA to do a really important highspeed job/mission and the more important it is the less their Army command understands it and the less their commands see that soldier perform outside of their mission.

The great irony of course being the Army warrior ethos begins with "I will always place the mission first" but as soon as you get a GOOD cleared job, that performance will rarely if ever even be witnessed enough to be evaluated.
>>
>>34443010
A great deal more down range deployment opportunities, and still some language opportunities as well so you still might be going to the Defense Language Institute.

I have only met a handful 35Ms for my 8 years in, all of them were super chill people, all had deployment experience.

35N and 35S have deployment opportunities BUT more through the NSA/CIA than they do the Army.
>>
>>34445850
what did you lie about
>>
>>34446066
I knew soldiers that had such important missions they worked their own schedule and were accountable to no one but their mission supervisor/director. They would sometimes have to work at odd hours of the night. They never had to attend any mandatory training sessions urinalysis or formations. Anything their commander needed them for they'd send a message and they'd get back to them later. I even knew a few soldiers who were sent TDY by the NSA to attend DEFCON in Las Vegas.

And there's no army career in it unless you do great things outside of mission. E-7 Boards use information on eligible SSGs that is unclassified only, intelligence E-6s in the Army don't get a fair shake when it comes to boarding for E-7 and above.
>>
>>34446119
Medical history
>>
>>34446126

Nobody on that side wants to be caught dead making E-7 anyways. SFC is where technical skills die.

It's go to WOCS or GTFO at that point.
>>
>>34446454
What medical history?
>>
>>34446489
I got black out drunk and ended up in the emergency room once.
>>
>>34446454

Many doctors only keep records for ~7 years (if that). If there is no physical record, you are probably fine. I don't know about anything more recent, or how much medical history research they normally do (my guess is very little). But my guess is you are probably fine.

Also, if you do get found out, and it also comes out that the recruiter told you to lie, he could be in deep shit. I doubt he'd tell you to lie if there was any chance you'd be exposed.
>>
>>34446497
How long ago was this? IIRC hospitals and doctor's offices only keep their records for seven years after you were last there.
>>
>>34446527
If I'm still paying a bill for it there's probably medical records, right?
>>
>>34444218

Debt isn't so bad, as much as missing payments is. You have to prove that you have your finances under control and you are working towards paying down your debt responsibly. How's your credit? You should check that. If it's not good, work on bringing that up ASAP.
>>
>>34443968

Tell them the truth if they ask. If you weren't on meds I'm sure you're fine.
>>
>>34446538

I have no clue to be honest. I wouldn't worry about it too much though.
>>
File: 1377578098446.gif (83KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1377578098446.gif
83KB, 720x720px
>>34446610
I worry, and I know I can't really ask him because he'll bullshit me more if the current thing is bullshit isn't it?
>>
>>34446647

I am almost positive they don't comb through everyone's medical records. Can you imagine how long it would take? They don't have the manpower or resources for that kind of thing. They would only do that if they had a good reason to suspect you are hiding a medical condition, like if you passed out during drill or something.
>>
>>34446684
What if I want a job that requires a security clearance?
>>
>>34446764

Obviously lying in the past looks bad on the SF86 but I would play it cool because there's no specific question about physical medical conditions on the SF86 form (at least none I can remember). If they did do research and found out you'd lied, that's when I'd throw the recruiter under the bus.
>>
>>34446805
I'm a little worried about it, but I've done my own looking into it and from what I see they care less about shit like if you fucked up and got drunk once and more about stuff like trying to overthrow the government. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>34446855

Yeah don't sweat it at all. BTW did you sign in? What branch?
>>
>>34446764
My father is in and managed to get a security clearance even though his record wasn't spotless, was thrown in the loony bin during the 80s for some crazy mental episode over his first wife. I don't think they look at everything even for something like that, top secret however different story.
>>
>>34446871
Yes, I'm in already. Marines. Looking at security forces.
>>
File: 140774267027.jpg (435KB, 1280x1175px) Image search: [Google]
140774267027.jpg
435KB, 1280x1175px
I was suppose to go to MEPS tomorrow but my recruiter texted me recently saying they overbooked because of the holiday.

Should I try to convince him to reschedule at the beginning of next month rather than next week? I heard it's best to go beginning of the month rather than later on during a month because there is more Rates open... least what I heard.
>>
>>34446911
Security Forces is Air Force, get the names right for jobs for the Marines m8 it will save you the headaches later.
>>
>>34446966
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Security_Force_Regiment

>Marines who complete Security Forces training are assigned a secondary Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 8152 (Marine Corps Security Force Guard)
>>
>>34424131
Most of it came about during Iraq II when the attention was no longer on the AF blowing shit up, and was instead about Marines and Army grunts kicking in doors.

The gentlemen with the stars on their collar went into "forgotten little brother" branch mode, threw away 60 years of tradition, and came up with shit like "warrior airmen" and the "airman's creed".

This obviously hokey crap has echoed throughout the organization for a good 10 years now, changing the AF's image from "military lite for people who like mechanics/tech" to "POGs who think they're basically the reserve for spec ops".

>>34444303
I'll write up something in the next hour or two before it gets to be dark and fireworks time.
>>
>>34446986
5811 - Military Police
>>
>>34447032
>>34447032
>>34447032

New Thread

>>34447032
>>34447032
>>34447032
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.