[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncommon modern guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0328.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
What does /k/ think of the beretta 90 two? Also uncommon modern guns thread
>>
>>34423223
A buddy of mine has one. Haven't shot it yet but I fingerfucked it and it seemed to be solid with good build quality. I really really wasn't a fan of the grip compared to the normal 92fs though. So I'd just prefer a regular 92fs.
>>
File: K100 Dynamic.jpg (35KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
K100 Dynamic.jpg
35KB, 640x441px
No one ever talks about these but they are cheap and fan-fucking-tastic shooters.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_192403.jpg (1MB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_192403.jpg
1MB, 2500x1875px
>>34423223
I love mine. Space Beretta without going full PX4. Shoots well.
>>
>>34423223
A failed attempt to refresh the 92 into CX/PX looks without straying away from the original design, adding rails and 2000s modern polymer aesthetics.
Basically a flop, but if cheap why not. People just kept buying 92s
>>
>>34424278
Always wanted one of those. Managed to pick up a P11 locally("subcompact" version). definitely has some pros and cons.

Very accurate and naturally pointing, seems kinda low recoiling too for it's size. Where the gun really shines is in it's finish and trigger. The finish is nicer than any production gun i've owned. We're talking smooth as glass on most of the internals. The slide is also a surprisingly aesthetic variety of tinifer that almost looks like a variety of bluing in person and also feels very smooth to the touch.

Quite simply the trigger is the best i've ever felt in a production gun. DA is smooth, moderate length, not terribly heavy, and breaks cleanly. SA is nice and light(3.5-4lbs id guess), smooth, breaks cleanly, and the reset is to die for. Audible, short, and slightly tactile. All in all a great looking and shooting gun that they could probably get away with selling for almost twice it's current price.

OTOH it does have some issues that make it hard for me to take it seriously as a carry/duty gun. Holster and general aftermarket support is almost non-existent. luckily there are some ok brands of holsters out there(MTAC is what i use) for the gun. Considering how nice the gun is to shoot i can't imagine there being much you'd want to change other than sights though.

The slide release is surprisingly sharp and unpleasant to use given the otherwise outstanding finish, but it is something you'll get over in a few range trips.

The only really serious problem the guns have from what i hear is fairly major though. Their reliability seems to be less than many other comparable firearms. I've heard from others and experienced myself what appear to be steel cased ammo induced malfunctions and lack of lubrication induced ones. In the several hundred rounds I've put through mine reliability has been almost 100% if i exclude the one box of steel case i tried to put through it and that one time i didnt clean or lube it for 3 range trips.
>>
Tristar c100. Kral makes some very solid cz clones that make the basic tanfoglios look cheap.
>>
>>34424732
Switching back to brass solved the first problem for me, and a quick couple spritzes of CLP on the right spots on the barrel solved the second. No take down required(still haven't cleaned it lol).

A couple other things i almost forgot to mention are that the design is relatively low capacity for its size(non issue imo), and overly slick in adverse conditions. I frequently shoot in the rain and it always leaves me wishing i had some grip tape or something on it.

Overall id say it's my favorite range gun out of the box but certainly not the best defensive one. There's just more reliable options out there. The only comparable semi auto(DA/SA 9mm) that I like more for range work would be a customized CZ pattern for the slightly but noticeably better ergos.

That being said considering it's the only small handgun i own currently i still carry it off and on and im not terribly worried about it since i always check that it's been properly lubed and i use quality defensive ammo that seems to function fine in it. But you can bet your ass that ill be getting a more reliable carry gun when i have the chance.
>>
File: Romans byzantines to turks.png (685KB, 869x494px) Image search: [Google]
Romans byzantines to turks.png
685KB, 869x494px
>>34424774
>turkshit
>>
>>34423223
Beretta Guy here:

Internally there are some slight improvements over the 92FS, and it also has a rail (underneath the plastic rail cover). The soft grip is made out of anti-slip material, but it's still not very grippy. There aren't many after-market parts for it.

It was supposed to modernize the 92 platform with "polymer gun" features; it wasn't marketed well and the poor reception lead to a lack of support that killed its viability.
>>
File: meme40.png (145KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
meme40.png
145KB, 480x287px
>>34424818
>>
>>34424920
"The 90-Two also features an internal recoil buffer and upgraded sight points, with a 5 mm increased length between them."

If you're a fan of the recoil buffer design, just buy a 92A1. If you like the space gun esthetics, there's almost always a few for sale on gunbroker.
>>
File: G17LGen3-2.jpg (84KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
G17LGen3-2.jpg
84KB, 1000x1000px
Gun store local to me has 4 of them in stock for around $600. Should I, /k/?
>>
>>34426358
You're a pussy if you don't buy all 4.
>>
>>34424732
I have the mark 7 my self. I did my ccw class with it for the hell of it. If you have the slide open and a full mag, does your slide close if you slam the mag in? Mine does and I'm not sure if its suppose to or not...considering this will never be used out side a range its really a non issue but JW.
>>
>>34424286
How high up are your lpa sights from the slide? Can you post some pics?
>>
File: STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png (401KB, 789x600px) Image search: [Google]
STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
401KB, 789x600px
>>34423223
>>
>>34423223
Doesn't look nearly as Aesthetic as the plane jane M92
>>
>>34428580
Best hidden gem
>>
>>34428868
Maybe not hidden for long. They're putting 3 million into their operation in Alabama and are going to start manufacturing here. Maybe they'll start getting into the advertising game over here.
>>
>>34428580
Will this get cheaper?
It's absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>34429055
Aw mang. They're gonna go up in price eventually. Hopefully not enough to make it pointless to buy one compared to a Glock or something along those lines.
>>
>>34429091
Cheaper? They're pretty cheap now.
>>
>>34429104
I meant after they manufacture a fuckload more in Alabamer
>>
>>34426358
I always thought the G17"L" was just some pseudo G34. Looked at that pic and thought it was just a fanny shoop, it isn't.
>>
>>34429124
Oh, don't know. They don't manufacture in Alabama now, just assemble.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.