[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USSC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: us space force.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
us space force.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
With the newest US military branch at their full potential, do you think they will be more like the UNSC or the Federation in terms of structure, equipment, weapons, etc etc
>>
Hardly, its a desk job. Look at what the air force did previously regarding space missions and apply it to a separate agency. At most they'll get their own uniforms.
>>
Here's hoping for a pic related position soon.
>Anyone who run is a AYYY LMAO. Anyone who stands still is a well disciplined AYYY LMAO
>>
Honest question: How long until it turns into a laughing stock like the US Air Force?
>>
File: officer rank insignias.jpg (18KB, 500x155px) Image search: [Google]
officer rank insignias.jpg
18KB, 500x155px
It should be 100% officers.
>>
im current airforce. what do i have to do to laterally move to space force. im guessing its the closest to ever feeling like im part of stargate, i need that in my life.
>>
>>34423194
>im current airforce
Are you some enlisted chode that cradles a pilot's balls to keep him happy (AKA every airfag job that isn't a pilot) or do you actually have some familiarity controlling a air/space vehicle.

If enlisted, your Excel spreadsheet skills and holiday party coordinator skills won't do much good. Get lost.
>>
First of all, "Space Force" sounds kinda dumb, it should be the "Space Corps". Second, it's going to be a bunch of nerds looking at computer screens all day, a handful of rocket techs who might have a neat job, and some security guards who have an ever higher opinion of themselves and less training then AF security forces.
Let's not get too excited.
>>
>>34423230
>security guards
Nope. Space Corps would be purely officers. All security would either remain fat airfags (if on an airfag base) or contracted security.
>>
>>34423229
nice try fag. i sot on my ass and check ids all day, spreadsheets are for queers.
>>
>>34423232
You do know that security forces have officers, right?
>>
>>34423238
And those officers don't pull security and have no chance of making it the Space Corps
>>
How long until the Space Corps ends up just as fat, ineffective, and prone to lying about their training as the US Air Force?
>>
I can't wait for this. i was gunna take a space job in the air force but this is a lot cooler.
>>
>>34423358
>gunna
By space job, what do you mean? Space A?
>>
>>34423179
But who would do the actual work?
>>
File: air force quality.png (352KB, 372x484px) Image search: [Google]
air force quality.png
352KB, 372x484px
>>34423380
You think airfags work?
>>
If they are dumb enough to give the US Space Corps an enlisted corps, would they call them Spacemen? Would there be a Spaceman First Class? Because that sounds fucking stupid.
>>
So.

If we're the first to make a space-based military unit, will other countries follow?

Will Russia do the same?

Will this trigger a new chapter in the space race?

Will it by chance spur a new space-related arms race?
>>
>>34424694
>trigger a space race
Bit late for that. You should have asked that question in the mid-1990s. All that changes is the name, the strategic landslide already started.
>>
>>34424661
>enlisted corps
They wont have one. Imagine how dumb it would be to have a Space Corps recruitment office in some mall in ghettoland USA.

They will have ROTC programs and they will be a part of the service academy. That's it.
>>
>>34423416
The fuck is that rope? I've never seen it.
>>
>>34424783
Air Force has a shit ton. They don't really represent anything. The cords in the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps have historical significance, whereas the USAF has no history.
>>
File: space.png (18KB, 1264x296px) Image search: [Google]
space.png
18KB, 1264x296px
>>34424721

like fucking NOAA?

or the national health service?
>>
>>34422801

I really don't see any reason why this needs to be separate from the Air Force.
>>
>>34425008
Confidence in the Air Force's abilities has been shaken over the last decade. Also their focus on space was lacking.

From Republican Rep. Mike Rogers of Alabama

>The problem is 90 percent of space in our military is in the Air Force. So what we're basically going to be doing is taking the current infrastructure - for example, Space Command in Colorado Springs will become the headquarters for the Space Corps. We're talking about taking the people that we need to take that deal with space and segregating them into a culture that appreciates them. In 16 years, the Air Force has not changed a thing. And they've got us in this situation now where Russia and China have become near peers. They're close to surpassing us. What we're proposing would change that.

Long story short, everyone is tired of the Air Force dropping the ball non-stop.
>>
>>34425084

>Waaaah Air Force your planes are too expensive
>Why are you using old planes instead of buying new ones? Air Force you suck!

>Waah Air Force you never help out on the wars. Do more!
>Waah Air Force stop bombing people, hearts and minds Air Force omg you are all literally war criminals you're killing the enemy too fast it's triggering people

AND NOW

>Space is stupid, let's disband NASA and stop doing space flight and spend the money telling Muslims how smart they are
>WTF Air Force you aren't doing any space missions you're so fucking lazy that's it we're making a new branch that doesn't totally suck.
>>
>>34425084

I can kind of understand that. USSR made "Air Defense Forces" and "Strategic Missile Troops" as separate branches from the Air Force just to ensure that they were getting appropriate focus.
>>
File: the air force.jpg (84KB, 750x556px) Image search: [Google]
the air force.jpg
84KB, 750x556px
>>34425138
That's an awfully childish response but one expected from an undisciplined organization.

The air platforms would have been expensive regardless. And the air platform's superiority has more to do with Lockheed's/Boeing's/Northrop's quality personnel than it does the Air Force.

The Air Force has been a source of embarrassment for the past 10 years starting with the misplacement/loss of nuclear arms. Then you folks just kept churning out PR disaster after PR disaster. And that is due solely to the Air Force's undisciplined personnel.

Thankfully, your post serves as an example of the quality folks that make up the USAF.

Your quality personnel in Space Command will get new uniforms and a new set of regulations. You can keep everything else.
>>
>>34425191

>Then you folks just kept churning out PR disaster after PR disaster
[Citation Needed]

>The Air Force has been a source of embarrassment for the past 10 years
Oh look, an opinion. How cute.

>misplacement/loss of nuclear arms
[Citation Nee- oh wait you made that one up out of desperation.]

>Thankfully, your post serves as an example of the quality folks that make up the USAF.

I posted pairs of diametrically opposed statements that are regularly thrown at us, often in the same breath, to show how hypocritical they are. That has exactly *what* to do with my personal discipline, exactly?

So are you a muhreen that drank too much heritage kool-aid or an armchair general that thinks RT News and HuffPo give valuable insight on USAF operations?
>>
>>34425279
>just made that up

Its taught in your leadership course, guess you weren't paying that much attention. As usual.

Never heard about August 29, 2007, six AGM-129 ACM cruise missiles with active nuclear warheads mistakenly misplaced. Four Air Force commanders losing their jobs as a result of their poor leadership skills.

Or the fact that Air Force nuclear officers had a history of cheating on their nuclear exams for +15 years.

Don't even need to find a news source because I can give you an article right smack-dab on af.mil website

http://www.peterson.af.mil/News/Display/Article/328233/history-shows-examples-of-failure-to-discipline/

Merry Christmas, Airman. Your branch is a rolling disaster.
>>
>>34425327

or the Damascus incident where a maintenance shortcut caused an ICBM to blow up in its silo
>>
>>34424721
I'd say you're wrong, considering the Air Force has enlisted space operators. To create another branch strictly space oriented, those airmen would definitely cross over
>>
>>34425327

>They were not active, the triggers were missing.
>They were not "accidentally" flown to the wrong base. They were ordered to fly to Barksdale and then waited on standby until the order was recalled.

>Navy bubbleheads have been caught cheating on their nuke tests, nobody cares because civvies barely know or comprehend that submarines carry nukes as well. To the mainstream media the only nukes that exist or matter are the big flashy ballistics that sit in silos.

I'd say the fact that Kadena has been put on lockdown for Marines raping local women over a dozen times in an 8 year period is a much bigger disgrace to a branch than an incident that still doesn't even have full details released.
>>
>>34425327
Don't forget the nuclear cocaine incidents. Incidents plural.

That's way worse than any Marine throwing a dog, any sailor drunkenly crashing into a another car, and any soldier getting into a domestic incident (funny enough Airmen have been involved in animal abuse incidents, drunk driving, and domestic disputes just as often ON TOP OF the operational failures.).
>>
>>34425423
That was the 1980s on an outdated and dangerous weapon system. It was bound to happen at some point, even using "proper" tools
>>
This guy knows one weird trick to create a space military.
Air Force guys hate him!
>>
Threads like this one are the reason why I never leave my room off-duty when forced to do joint branch ops.

The other branches have zero moral qualms about assaulting or even murdering Airmen just for having the gall to exist, and all the civvies on 4chan that advocate for all of us to defunded and then taken out and shot just re-affirms my belief that we will never be valued or appreciated and shouldn't value any of you in turn.
>>
>>34425467
I could honestly see why the operators and cops did cocaine and cheated on tests. The ops tempo is always high, the climate is punishing, MAJCOM and above doesn't really seem to care about the ICBM mission. And the expectation in nukes is zero mistakes, ever, which is somewhat understandable considering their power but people will screw up. It's created a toxic environment, not due to being undisciplined, but a state of worry that your career can be over in an instant
>>
>>34424866
shes probably in an AF band
>>
>>34422801

Department of the Space Force? Sounds fucking gay.
>>
>>34425008

For much the same reason that the Marine Corps is a semi-autonomous Department of the Navy:

Because the Marines were originally shipboard infantry, their roots in the Navy are quite clear, and they have since evolved as a force that can more efficiently conduct amphibious landings and rapid response than the Army can by virtue of the resources provided by their parent branch. However, the Marines are (and should be) semi-independent from the Navy's command structure because their "lane" is distinct enough such that direct Navy leadership would be counterproductive. It is not within the expertise of admirals hailing from surface warfare, aviation, and submarine lineages to take command over land operations.

Similarly, the Air Force is run by generals that usually started out as combat pilots. Their careers in that area naturally predispose them to prioritize spending and time on air combat-related endeavors--likely at the cost of cyber- and space-related projects. This kind of bias is inevitable. Large organizations like mega-corporations and the branches of the Armed Forces have a difficult time adapting to a changing world because they are run by men that, while talented, are prone to conventional thinking. Flag officers generally have three decades' of accumulated bias that prevents them from thinking outside the box.

As both government and private infrastructure become increasingly dependent on spacecraft and satellites, outer space will (in my opinion) become yet another front in which humans will protect their interests with violence. This has been apparent since Sputnik ascended in 1957. The Air Force's leadership will always prioritize their mission in the sky (which is to be expected, given its name) over its other responsibilities in outer space and cyber operations. Given that the latter two domains have become increasingly important, I believe that both should get dedicated branches in the future.
>>
>>34423179

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 50% officers. Especially since "officer" has become shorthand for "personnel with a college degree." The Army's Cyber Branch has more warrant and commissioned officers than it does enlisted personnel.
>>
File: the us air force.png (451KB, 597x397px) Image search: [Google]
the us air force.png
451KB, 597x397px
>>34425563
You have been reported to your local Air Force EO office, you homophobe.
>>
>>34425600

>Still posting a picture proven to be fake.
>>
>>34423233
>being in Security Forces
The only ground troops of the Airforce. Noice
>>
>>34425636
Do PJs count?
>>
>>34425578
>likely at the cost of cyber
> cyber operations
STOP FUCKING REFERRING TO ANYTHING INVOLVING COMPUTERS AS "CYBER"
>>
>enlisting too early to be another peon in space
>enlisting too late to become a fat useless airfag
>enlisting just in time to be able to transfer to the Space Corps and do cool stuff
Live in Colorado, will have assigned base at one of the space commands, will get my degrees in EE and astrophysics with free tuition, and then slide into the Space Corps after a few years. The future is looking bright anons.
>>
>tfw thought I was never going to see space warfare
>tfw always wanted to be a space soldier when I was like 6 after I first played halo 1
>tfw in 2017 it's finally becoming a reality

When tf can I sign up to be a Shuttle gunner?
>>
File: space6.jpg (30KB, 419x277px) Image search: [Google]
space6.jpg
30KB, 419x277px
>>
>>34425648
Those are special forces. They count as JSOC to me. SF are more like Airbourne. Weak, scrawny, and will probably fuck something up if it comes into their field of veiw, but mostly just sit around, check ID's and be lazy peices of shits.

>t. Dad was SF for 23 years, and just retired a few years ago.

Those were the best. Sitting in the Command post and watching the jets take off and land, and every once in a while shoot a bird with birdshot. Damn i miss those days. I also played with their FATS a few times.
>>
>>34422801

Does this even need to be a branch of the military? Seems like it could be given to one of the various intelligence services.
>>
>>34424866
>>34425537
I'm in tech school right meow. that rope is like a mix of the blue MTL rope and the black drill rope.

Band rope here is white on the outside with a black center.
>>
I don't think they have that much to do unless we discover space bugs or start wars over other planets.
I think it's a ploy to arrange more funding for space exploration.
>>
File: air force body shape.png (77KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
air force body shape.png
77KB, 170x213px
>>34428081
Good. I'd sacrifice every fat airturd to the sky gods to get more space funding. Turn all of that health care money into space money.
>>
Is the future of Rhodesia in space?
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.