[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MA laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: 1486337027090.jpg (116KB, 1024x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1486337027090.jpg
116KB, 1024x1019px
I'm originally from TX with great gun laws and moving to MA soon - any k/ bros from mass here? How awful are the laws up here?
>>
>>34419858
it's not even the laws you really have to worry about, it's the people, the weather, the omnipresent depression
>>
>>34419875
>depression

like just go outside and get some sun
>>
>>34419858
>Texas
>Great gun laws
Choose one
>>
>>34419875
lol the people seem ok unless they start talking politics and worldview.

>>34419926
not following here
>>
>>34419858
the laws are bad if you can't get a license. if you can pass a background/psych test and don;t live in Drchester, they really are not too bad.

you'll get more depressed from the fact that everybody being honest probably hates you for little to no reason.
>>
>>34420072
>submitted early
RIP

t. moved from just north of beaumont, TX to MA when I was young.
>>
>>34419858
You can bring almost anything in (if you are moving here), as long as your mags are all "pre-ban" or under 10 rounds. You have 30 ish days to secure a license, but good luck getting one that is unrestricted in most cities. Where in MA are you moving to?
>>
>>34420072
Well most people hated me at my lib arts college for no good reason so I'm used to it

>>34420108
Yeah I'm not in Dorchester. Likely west Boston or Brookline. It'll probably be a .22 plinker and maybe a hunting rifle or two.. nothing too heavy. Speaking of which - any experience hunting in MA?
>>
>>34420159
>hunting in MA?
ha, not really. you'd probably end up gunning up 495 into NH or Maine for any decent hunting.

also
>West Bostob or Brookline
have fun with a class B license
>>
>>34420179
Yeah that's what I was worried about. I'm probably going to fill out a fishing license and do the hunting up in Maine.
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 959x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 959x956px
>>34419858
Life long resident here. It's a May issue state so if you live a city they will either not approve a license or restrict you to range shooting and hunting. Maura Healey the AG BANNED AR15s, AKs, FALs, and a lot of other good rifles by "reinterpreting" the law that has been active since 1998. If you had it before July 7th of last year you're good, but if you have any weapons like that you can't bring them legally. The only semi auto rifles you can get are M1As and mini-14s or a Tavor. There's a shop that's selling ARs with fixed ten round mags that are supposedly legal. If own any modern pistols prepare to spend a shit load of money replacing the mags with ten rounders. You need to buy a safe or a locker at least.

This state fucking blows. Pic related is a fat commie I went to high school with, who spent the woman's march in Boston burning American flags.
>>
>>34419858
As of July 20th of last year, a variety of semi-auto rifles, including ARs, AKs, any semi-automatic rifles that share more than 2 parts with said platforms are all banned from sale now unless they're 1994 pre-AWB. Anything already owned in the state prior to July 20th, 2016 is grandfathered in at the mercy of the AG and those protections can be removed at any time. Magazines for guns are limited to 10 rounds unless you can find a pre-ban magazine which can often cost anywhere from $50 - $300 depending on brand, capacity, model, etc.

Handguns have to be on the Approved Roster to be sold by FFLs, and even then Glocks are Law Enforcement only. Building a Glock or buying it in a private sale generally will run you at least $800. Buying a non-compliant handgun requires a private sale and expect to pay even more out the ass if you can even find someone who's willing to sell in the state.

My suggestion: Buy off-roster handguns in TX before you move to MA. Or just don't move to MA.
>>
>>34420232
Dang sorry you're acquainted with that fat lesbian. Was the AG pulling off the activist interpretation of an "assault weapon" as any AR/AK/FAL? Nothing wrong with a mini 14 at the range anyway. mags aren't that expensive. How much are the licenses?
>>
>>34420238
Wait ALL Glocks are law enforement ONLY??? That's insane... Know how much of this applies to 80% lowers?
>>
>>34419875
The weather? Are you some nigger who can't handle the cold?
>>
>>34420269
If you can find a Gen 2 Glock or prior you could buy it from a dealer, as it's pre-ban. But those go for $700 - $800+ usually as well. 80% Glock frames are fine but you are required to register it with the state once it is completed and can function. Gen 3 or 4, you have to either get it in a face-to-face private sale, or buy a frame and a slide separately with non-matching numbers and assemble it yourself. Once again, the only people willing to sell them piecemeal will often charge $800 for it all told at least.

Funnily enough, the HK VP9, S&W M&P series, and even the Steyr M9 are all Massachusetts compliant and aren't Law Enforcement only. Glock only suffers because they're a popular name brand and were singled out as having unsafe triggers that non-LE can't be trusted to handle.
>>
>>34420255
So to get the license here you have to take a class that qualifies you for the LTC-A. That's usually $100 but you can find deals on groupon. It's a day long class.Then you take the certificate they give you and bring it to the police station in the town you live in and set up an appointment for an interview for the license. If it's like 99% of the towns they won't even ask any questions they'll jus let say fine and let you have it. If it's a city they will have you get reference letters and talk to them for like an hour and explain why you should be allowed the "privilege" to carry a weapon. Anyways after the interview they'll send the paperwork off to the state police I think and they'll actually do the background check. That usually takes a month. Then the police will give you a call when you can go pick up your license. Also the interview is another $100 usually but the worst of it is waiting like two months for it.
>>
>>34419893
>outside
>MA
lel
>>
>>34420255
And the AG didn't even give anyone a heads up on the law. So last summer I was on vacation drinking on the shoreline at lake winnipesaukee and I had a DDI AK47 in the mail heading to my FFL. I got an email from the FFL telling me he wouldn't be able to transfer it to me because the AG that very morning had announced that the 1998 assault weapons ban (state) was going to be reinterpreted to keep people from buying "clones." Our assault weapons ban prohibits the purchase of these weapons by name, but since they're modified with fixed stocks, removed bayonet lugs, no fore grips, no muzzle devices etc they are technically not the specified weapon that's banned and are legal. Well she decided to just change the way the law would be enforced. So I was out of state and was too drunk to drive so just kinda accepted it. But I heard that every gun store in the state had a line out the door because if people got them that day they could keep them. That was the ultimate panic buy.
>>
>>34420337
Huh that's bizzare... What was it about the triggers that MA deemed unsafe? Have you shot or worked with the glocks before?

>>34420339
Do they conflate rights with privilege? Like is it acceptable to say 'its my right to do so and hunt/range/fun as I please'? Also - will they issue licenses to non residents? I don't want to give up my TX residency
>>
>>34420378
That sounds idiotic. It was basically the features ban right? The gun itself is still ok, but the all the features make it """evil"""

Funny how when the gun laws are cranked up the sales go through the roof
>>
Live in South East mass pretty gun friendly in my lifetime. or better yet commute from Cumberland
>>
>>34420179
Plenty of hunting in Mass just leave Boston.
>>
>>34419926
Better than Taxachusetts where you cannot own a firing pin or an empty stripper clip without an FID.
>>
>>34420585
once you go out in the western part of the state they get pissy about muh "500 yards from muh house" shit though.
>>
>>34420337
If you look at the updated MA approved handgun roster it has Gen4s listed on it now.

Same with new FNs and P320s.
>>
You got to pay a few hundreds bucks along for the class and licensing, may issue, if you live in Boston you're not getting one

You get fingerprinted and anything you own is added to a Mass specific gun registry

Assuming you're moving for a very good job, why not move a little further north to NH and commute?
>>
>>34420608
500 feet buddy.
>>
>>34420648
tru, but they way they go nuts out there it might as well be 500 yards
>>
>>34420655
>>34420608
Western, MA fag here.

Depends on which town you're in. If its any of the pioneer valley towns like Hadley, Northampton, Amherst, South Hadley area? Yeah nah, if you shoot within 500ft you're getting the cops called by some cunt.

If its more north near the VT border, no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>34420498
Because dumb people have shot themselves with Glocks before and the AG has decided that Glocks are arbitrarily to blame because they have no manual safety. Even though similar firearms are apparently just fine in MA.

MA offers non-residents permits but they have to be renewed yearly and require in-person interviews done by the state police for every renewal, think they're holding them near the Boston area. A person without a firearms license in Massachusetts cannot even own a firearm, ammunition, etc. A License to Carry is as much a license to purchase and possess as it is a license to concealed carry a firearm.
>>
>>34420690
yeh, I'm an eastern MA fag. me and my funs are on the first uhaul out of here soon as I can find a gig.
>>
>>34420644
It's too far to commute. I was seriously considering it. I'm really not looking forward to this lame registry. There's a lot of travel involved in the job so hopefully I'll have a reciprocating CC license at some point
>>
>>34420639
MA Compliant P320s have a manual thumb safety. The FNs are new and compliant. Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks are on the Compliant list but the AG has a separate ordnance against Glocks specifically that mandate they are Law Enforcement only, despite making it onto the compliance roster. You will not find a dealer that will sell a new Glock to non-LE, the Gun Parlor was fined $35,000 this year for selling Glocks to non-LE.
>>
>>34420718
I'm moving to VT the minute I can. Fuck this state.

I'm a weekend warrior at westover and wont give a fuck about the commute to the base once a month. At least I'll have the freedom to own what I want and shoot what I want. In the mean time, I'm voting against Healy in the next election.
>>
>>34420724
You got a link to that ordinance?
>>
>>34420696
That sounds ridiculous - so it wasn't even a principle of a no safety on guns? Just a blanket ruling for glocks?

That doesn't sound too bad. I would think they would deny permits and licenses for good reason. There's absolutely no reason MA would deny me a license... do you know if it's a pain in the ass to go through the process?
>>
>>34420754
http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/regulations/enforcement-notices/ag-handgun-regulation-enforcement-notices.pdf

It's stated because there's no magazine disconnect or loaded chamber indicator, however new Glocks have gotten on the MA compliant roster since 2004 but still are not allowed to be sold so fuck if I know. There is no consistency with the regulations.
>>
>>34420734
You originally from MA? I'm working Marlborough and from TX. These MA gun laws are insane... I have some coworkers that are former military and they think it's brutal... it must be tough working at the base
>>
>>34420761
The process itself isn't that bad, though if you're doing non-resident and you're not close to the interview location, the commute will be the worst part. You take the safety course, fill out the application, send it in, get interviewed and fingerprinted, pay your application fee, and wait to receive the license. Can take anywhere from 1 - 6 months, really. The issue with the non-resident license is that it has to be renewed yearly.
>>
>>34420734
I hear you. I'm in Franklin currently and the way I am going probably headed to Wyoming to be near family and free.
>>
File: 1498084645577.png (317KB, 642x792px) Image search: [Google]
1498084645577.png
317KB, 642x792px
>>34420053
>not liking politics in texas

hilldawg faggot detected
>>
>>34420811
Born and raised in MA.

I'm actually at Sheppard AFB right now in TX. I haven't gone to Westover yet. I know its one of the better reserve bases though, pretty happy about that, Plus my brother is in the shop next door to where I will be and my cousins husband is basically my supervisor.

The laws are full retard here.

But once you get your license you feel a bit better. Eastern MA is kind of a shit hole. Boston is fun to visit but not to live in. And the metro area is filled with cunts. You wont find a decent range at all. Its hard enough even in western MA.

Good luck buying a semi auto in that area too. Boston has an ordinance i think that bans all ARs, AKs, SKSs, FALs, just about everything. You really have to do your research on a gun before you buy it to see if its even legal, and if you're buying from a store you will probably get gouged on pricing because of the import bullshit. Private sale ARs and AKs sell for 2x what they are worth because of the whole July 20th, 2015 thing. You cant get suppressors, you cant have adjustable stocks on "assault weapons." You can, for some reason, buy Tavors. Which is strange.
>>
Moving away from Massachusetts was the best thing I've ever done

If you choose to go from Texas to there, you're truly retarded
>>
>>34420822
hopefully it doesn't take 6 months to renew every year. Otherwise I can cope.

>>34420846
I was talking about MA politics retard. Look who elected Pocahontas.

>>34420894
It's for work I don't have much of a choice. I think the company is expanding hopefully into the TX area.

>>34420882
Hope you're enjoying TX - it's great except for the summer weather. I'm onboard with commuting, even for ranges. God the laws are insane... I legally still have TX residency so I'll probably just buy and keep em there until I live somewhere that doesn't have such lunatic laws
>>
>>34421009
I'm at tech school as an AIT

Sheppard sucks and Wichita falls is boring.
>>
>>34419858
Stop telling people Texas gun laws are great. They may be better than Cali, Mass, NY, and Jersey, but that's not saying much at all. Try Wyoming, Alaska, or Arizona for great gun laws.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.