[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 46

new one because the old one was reaching the limit

Does Trijicon stamp bibleshit on pistol night sights or just ACOGs?
>>
I was visiting my Grandpa for the first time in a long time recently. He lives in California but loves guns, and was showing me his gun collection. He made a joke about how mags over 10 rounds were illegal but that he knew where he could get some, since he lived in "California with a k"

He clearly had larger mags in the guns but is the California with a k a reference to something? Is that what California /k/ommmandos call their state? Could my Grandpa in fact, be a frequenter of this board?
>>
File: IMG_6521.jpg (648KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6521.jpg
648KB, 1632x1224px
How much is a used 12(?) round .40 Beretta 96 mag worth? I found one and I could always use a couple of extra bucks.
>>
File: copyright ebaumsworld.jpg (150KB, 580x325px) Image search: [Google]
copyright ebaumsworld.jpg
150KB, 580x325px
>tfw you live in a shall issue state
>tfw you will never own a sbr
>tfw thats all you want
>tfw youll be maybe the first state to enact the hearing act for silencers but not sbrs
>>
>>34420156
if you have an ar just build a "pistol"
>>
File: images[1].jpg (2KB, 90x120px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
2KB, 90x120px
>>34420178
i-its not the same
>>
>>34420192
>>34420178
oh and im certified nogunz faggot.turns out i can own long guns but i dont want a long arm. i want silly giggle switch bullshit. kill me
>>
>>34419753
What do you guys do with the holsters that ship with guns. I'm guessing they're shit and you all mostly just buy other holsters?
>>
One of the Bubba's who works at my LGS claimed you can get stamps for FA conversions for AR-15's. Am I being rused or..?
>>
>>34420211
What guns come with holsters?
>>
>>34420218
didnt early ar-15s get cr status?
>>
>>34420224
yer mum came with a holster, but i didnt shoot in her

forgive me for this shitty joke
>>
>>34420233
>>
>>34419842
I don't think Eastern European languages use "c", they do its job with "k" and "s" where appropriate. For example, comrade becomes komrade.
>>
>>34420263
I should have clarified, he's jesting that California is turning communist (referencing the Soviet Union)
>>
>>34420224
I've seen a few. The sig p320 full size I just bought has one. I've seen the smith and wesson m&p come with it, sig 2022, the springfield XD, and so on.
>>
>>34420233
this is why brits shouldn't be allowed to post
>>
I'm looking for my first Pistol

NYfag unfortunately, so in terms of whats legal it can't weigh more than 50oz and can't have more than 10 rounds because fucking new york.

I'm basically looking for full sized pistols in the 0-600 dollar range that have large grips because my hands are huge and many smaller pistols are uncomfy. I was looking at the P320 or the S&W MP9 but are there any other cool full sized pistols with big grips?

-no revolvers, not really interested in them yet for my first pistol
-single/double action/striker doesn't matter to me
-I don't mind what kind of safety it is, I'm not a real fan of Sig's "decocker" mechanism its a little awkward for me.
>>
>>34420218
Only if you are a class 7 sample dealer and even the you need to clear everything with the ATF.
>>34420228
Yeah but it's not like it matters except to ship older semi auto examples, you still need all the paperwork of anything else full auto.
>>
File: 1498624148096.jpg (62KB, 480x607px) Image search: [Google]
1498624148096.jpg
62KB, 480x607px
>>34416020
Pls answer
>>
lgs has a 1946 Izhevsk m44 for 350 bucks
is that about right? and is it even worth getting since 54r kinda sucks to get now
>>
okay lads my 1916 safety is broken, which one do I replace it with, the 3 piece safety or the 5 piece? Apparently 5 piece was early war and 3 piece was late, but 1916 is mid war

wat do?
>>
>>34421247
oh forgot to add, still has rifling, action is smooth and still has cosmoline everywhere
>>
>>34420307
Do pinned (i.e. made into low capacity) mags count? If so, M9/92FS is my standard recommendation. It's full size, double stack, it has all the modern features you expect on a modern pistol, it's extremely simple to field strip and has only a handful of pieces, it's in 9mm for cheap shooting, and can be found for 5-600 brand new. The design is so functional it's kind of boring. Some people complain about the safety/decocker being on the slide, but if you're complaining about the Sig decocker then you might be a slide safety kind of guy.
>>
recommendations for a guchi bipod that comes with a picatinny quick attachment and an adapter for the sling swivel mount as well?
>>
22.Short is enough to kill a small dog?
>>
>>34420218
>>34420338
Basically you need to not only be an FFL but also you need to be a Special Occupational Taxpayer (SOT). Just like there are different FFL types there are different SOT classes, this is why the term "class 3 dealer" or "class 3 gun" aren't exactly accurate.

>FFL 01 Dealer, SOT Class 3
This makes you a dealer of Title 2 NFA firearms such as machineguns other than Destructive Devices (High Explosives). Acquisition of post-86 MGs requires a demo letter on official department letterhead from a US agency.

>FFL 07, SOT Class 2
Manufacturer of Title 1 and 2 firearms excluding DDs. This is where you can actually start getting post-86 form 3 MGs for "evaluation and research" among others. I should also mention at this point having an FFL other than an 03 C&R collector's is illegal, since you have to be "in the business" and as such getting an FFL just to enhance your personal collection is a federal felony.

>FFL 08, Class 1 SOT
Importer of Title 1 and Title 2 Firearms other than DDs. This is pretty self-explanatory, though to note because of US import regulations and good old ATF it's illegal to import Title 2 NFA guns for civilian sale.

As a minor note just like Form 1s and 4s there Form 2s and 3s for SOTs. The only difference is the later 2 are tax paid. Also even though Destructive Devices are Title 2 NFA items you need a separate Federal Explosives Licence and another SOT on top of your FFL, which also comes with a whole lot of other requirements.
>>
File: 1497479407629.png (510KB, 684x793px) Image search: [Google]
1497479407629.png
510KB, 684x793px
>>34421564
Go away ATF
>>
>>34420211
I gave the last one to my son because it fit his bright purple laser blaster.
>>
What would be a good backstop to put on my land? I need it to stop thingas like 30-06, 270, and 338 lapua. I was thinking about just piling a bunch of sand or sandbags, but if there is something cheaper, that would be nice.
>>
>>34419753
just the ACOG
>>
Anyone have a CSA Vz-58?

I got the one that came with the collapsing AR stock/buffer tube and I'm having a real bitch of a time trying to get the castle nut off (I'm trying to replace the stock with a regular folder). Do these things come loctited or something? It's still lefty loosey right? I wish I had three hands or something.
>>
>>34422122
Try heating it, if you don't have a blowtorch you can use a candle. If you fucking hate your hands you can use a lighter. If you have a shit ton of time and hope you can use a hair drier.
>>
>>34422122
Try boiling it in a big pot of water. Even if the part doesn't come loose it will provide you with a big pot of cosmoline soup to drink which will help your body last a long time in harsh conditions.
>>
>>34419753
I was watching a YouTube video of some marines training with grenades and their service rifles and at one point one of the Marines screams "I'm Winchester".

What did he mean by this?
>>
Does anyone have a sub 2000 in here?
Can you tell me anything about yours or post pics? I think they look sexy as fuck
>>
File: HK_P7M8_-_pic1.jpg (300KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
HK_P7M8_-_pic1.jpg
300KB, 800x615px
Why don't Glocks have grip safeties?
>>
>>34422585
Out of ammo
>>
File: 7SRSE8o_d.jpg (23KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
7SRSE8o_d.jpg
23KB, 640x362px
>>34422915
They don't need them.
>>
File: IMG_3057.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3057.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Is the Troy PDW Stock worth it?
>>
>>34422982
Why don't glock owners have hands?
>>
>>34423509
I can't tell if you're literally retarded or just desperate to set up that terrible joke.
>>
>>34423518
Little bit of both.
>>
>Search /brg/
>0 results
N-Nani? Did sa/k/uya kill himself?
Anyways, is there any real reason to go for a 7.62 real fuckin' AR over a 5.56 quite NATO AR for uh... domestic and civil protection purposes? The way I see it any shot that would kill a man with 7.62 would still kill him with 5.56, and hard armor is rated for both while soft armor is rated for neither.
>>
>>34419753
What's a good rail for a budget AR15 build? All the decent ones I find are fuck expensive
>>
File: Walther_PP.jpg (160KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_PP.jpg
160KB, 600x441px
Has anyone here ever managed to remove the sear from a Walther PP/PPK or more importantly put it back? I need to know if it's even possible and if yes, how it's done.
>>
I have an aftermarket magazine for one of my rifles

The manufacturer released a statement saying this
>were designed for cartridge overall lengths 69.5mm or longer. <Company> recommends use of cartridges no shorter than 69.5mm overall length.

What would happen if I used them?
>>
>>34424847
I'm assuming deformed projectiles and failure to feeds but I'm feeling a bit retarded today
>>
>>34421710
You should add that this doesnt give you a "stamp" in the typical sense. As these are only transferable as dealer samples, and cannot be sold to the general public.
>>
>>34420410
Probably a medium ALICE pack or any medium MOLLE bag. SOC makes good stuff, seen their gear overstuffed by about 30 pounds and not a single seam came close to ripping.
>>
>>34421564
Not without an amazingly clean shot. Don't make your doggo suffer.

>>34422073
>is there something cheaper than dirt
In the most literal sense, no. Get a shovel or rent some equipment and dig a hole, then move the contents of the hole down range

>>34424664
/brg/ comes and goes. Consider the following:
>battle rifles are typically kind of pricey in initial cost and ammo, limiting the number of people in the threads
>even if someone owns one, they may dislike the autism of the generals
>and even more so, the same people can only talk about the same guns for so long before they don't have a reason to start a thread

It'll pop back up.
>>
File: nite site.png (162KB, 1115x653px) Image search: [Google]
nite site.png
162KB, 1115x653px
>>34422106
>>34419753

Actually all of their sights, except the pistol ones

>>34424791

its possible since it would need to be put in at the factory, but i don't know what tools you might need (for example sigs have a special role pin for the ejector in the classic line series that requires some obscure press that only that factory has to put in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHal43D1yjo

here is a complete gunsmithing manual, but you could probably find a pdf somewhere

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/758875/american-gunsmithing-institute-agi-technical-manual-and-armorers-course-video-walther-ppk-s-and-feg-pa63-pistols-dvd
>>
>>34424791

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/AutoPistols-43845/PPK-42534/PartsList-43541.htm?results=50

here is a parts list for the ppk that you can buy
>>
>>34424664
>>Search /brg/
>>0 results
>N-Nani? Did sa/k/uya kill himself?
No. He went full tranny and was heckled off the board. The wane of /brg/ is unrelated, it's just the half a century old guns have been talked to death and newfag questions (no offense) can go here.
>Anyways, is there any real reason to go for a 7.62 real fuckin' AR over a 5.56 quite NATO AR for uh... domestic and civil protection purposes?
What does that mean in plain English? Fighting a contingent force or removing Tyrone? You'll want the range .308 can provide for the former. A 9mm carbine will work fine for the latter.
>The way I see it any shot that would kill a man with 7.62 would still kill him with 5.56,
Eh... maybe. But even so the difference between "killed dead on the spot" and "he'll go into shock in a few seconds and bleed out" is huge.
>and hard armor is rated for both while soft armor is rated for neither.
Ok so you're talking like foreign military invasion SHTF stuff. In that case you want a 5.56 and something bolt action that ends in "magnum". Convert the 5.56 to FULL RETARD for suppressing fire if all hell breaks loose and you need to scoot, then use the bolt gun for picking off cunts from a mile (maybe not literally) away.
>>
File: 7C.-LCP-II.jpg (430KB, 1200x847px) Image search: [Google]
7C.-LCP-II.jpg
430KB, 1200x847px
Shot about 65 rounds out of my LCP II today and my hand hurts like a bitch. My defense ammo (Federal Hydroshock JHP) seemed to have a lot less recoil and I actually was able to get a consistent 3 inch grouping with it which is more than enough for this type of gun anyway. However when i moved on to my practice load, Fiocchi 95 grain FMJ it would kick like a bitch, right into the web of my hand and the trigger guard into the side of my trigger finger. It seemed to do this no matter how tightly I held the gun and how much my left hand was on it.

Is this normal? or am I just holding it wrong.

If it is, perhaps should i only shoot federal JHP (which is expensive), shoot it less, and get some rubber grips on it?
>>
i want a rifle that doesn't look tacticool yet still has some character and is fun to shoot

recommendations?
>>
>>34425065
Action?
Caliber(s)?
Budget?
Sexuality?
>>
best way to hold a pistol at the range
is it with arm fully extended or bent
also where should i put my head, bent to the side?
>>
>>34424996
The Fiocchi may be loaded hotter or have a faster burning powder. Pretty normal that the pocket sized 380s are going to be unpleasant to shoot past a few a rounds at a time.

Try some different fmj ammo and/or get some shooting gloves.
>>
>>34425081
semi auto or bolt action
nothing bigger than a 308 shot a 3006 yesterday 100 rounds and my shoulder is killing
up to 1k
not homo
also live incalifornia
>>
>>34425096
Ruger Mini 14 and a tactical moving van.
>>
File: Untitled.png (160KB, 512x236px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
160KB, 512x236px
>>34424941
>its possible since it would need to be put in at the factory
Here's the thing: I've looked for 2 hours at PP disassembly videos and pictures and have not found one where someone removed the sear. My suspicion is that - pic related - they put in the rivets after they put the sear into place and the only reason it has been removed on my particular gun is that the gun has been disabled and is now only a display piece - that means holes inna barrel, chamber welded to shit,etc. and also removal of the holes in which the sear pivoting rivets rest. Now I can't fucking figure out how they could possibly get the sear into the frame without removing one of the rivets and putting it back in later OR use of excessive force that would bend the sear past its range of temporary deformation. But I also know that sears wear and need replacing or changing to modify trigger pull so it hardly makes sense to involve machining in the replacement of such a part. So right now I can't even on par with a teenage thot that just spilled her starbucks and was hoping someone could tell me how to do it.
>>
>>34425115
I've heard that ruger mini 14 wasn't a very good gun, quality wise. Has this changed in recent years?
>>
>>34425164
Eh. It was utter garbage for a long time but that ended with the nationwide AWB. It's still pretty overpriced compared to say, a similar AR, but that's not an option for you. The cuck state monopoly drives demand way up. You want an SKS instead? Because that's your other option, which is also overpriced thanks to import bullshit and collectability. Increase the budget and you can get the FightLite SCR, which is just a more expensive Mini 14 with AR aftermarket.
For bolt actions grab any Savage, Howa/Weatherby (same company), or Tikka. I personally prefer Tikka of the three but they're not so different. Try to find one with a stock stock (no typo) that isn't completely unusable - for me that was Tikka.
>>
>>34425272
Thanks for the advice my man
>>
Recommend me a polymer framed 9mm pistol that isn't Glock (don't get mad I already have two)
I can't get any FN or XDs here so I'm left with any variants of USP, VP9, P320, M&P2.0, CZ P07/09, etc.
>>
>>34425395

Sig P320. Good times.
>>
what's a good first shotgun for home defense
Was gonna get a remington 870 but have heard a lot of bad things about remington on this board, don't know if its just a meme or not though
>>
>>34425406
Newer Remington shotguns are shit, get an older used one if anything.
>>
>>34425406
12 gauge 3" pump from a decent company. The rest doesn't really matter as much as one might think. I like the Mossberg 500 series, especially the 590A1, but do not disparage those who employ the humble Maverick 88. Winchester, Benelli, and Weatherby also offer fine products that fit the bill.
Remington is a sad story. After years of steady decline they were purchased by Cerberus Holdings via Freedom Group and totally run into the ground. Their goods are no longer passable but live on thanks to a reputation they have (mostly) nullified. To this day some speak well of Remington, but they should not. Remington is gone.
>>
>>34420278
see >>34420263 that is the answer you want,
its cause hes an old boomer, tell him to revolt an fight the kommie filth
>>
File: 1492477148783.jpg (247KB, 609x530px) Image search: [Google]
1492477148783.jpg
247KB, 609x530px
>>34423531
6/10 for honesty
>>
>>34424977
what thread,
>N-Nani? Did sa/k/uya kill himself? No. He went full tranny and was heckled off the board.
>>
>>34426008
It never happened. I just slander him because he doesn't want to be my boyfriend. Remember the Nuggetfest goat memes? All me.
>>
>>34426051
Well you're a right spiteful bitch, aren't you?
>>
File: black lagoon op 2 revy no you.jpg (874KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
black lagoon op 2 revy no you.jpg
874KB, 1920x1200px
>>34426095
No means no unless the person saying it has a boner. Then it means try again later.
>>
File: PPK possible fix.png (194KB, 780x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PPK possible fix.png
194KB, 780x1500px
>>34425146

looking at it, excluding the possibility that you need a special rivet press with over 9000 gorrilion inch pounds of pressure, you might be able to file off the lips on there using a dremel too, that would allow you to punch out the side, then you could use a metal block the size of the inside to use as a backing while you hand rivet it back in (a new rivet) with a hammer
>>
>>34426250
>>34425146

You might also need to dremmel the inside, as i dont know which way it comes in/out
>>
>>34425406

Remington is overall nice because of the action bar lock, but it requires extensive repair for a bent/broken ejector and shell latches
>>
As a Commiefornia fag with nogunz but an interest in purchasing a gun, could I get some insight into my options? I'm looking to buy an FAL, am I able to order one to California from online or is that a no go? Would I have to modify it to fit California's retarded laws? Thank you
>>
>>34426295

you can get a california legal PTR
https://www.wbtguns.com/collections/ptr

not the same but can get it in cali
>>
>>34420192

just break the law you fucking pussy
>>
>>34422915

becasue muh internal safeties
>>
File: just-a-guy-pouting-250.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
just-a-guy-pouting-250.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>34419994
No one ever answers my questions in these things
>>
>>34426295
First off, don't buy a fucking FAL for your first gun, .308 will not be gentle. Second, don't ever buy a fucking FAL, they're overrated shit. Third, fucking move to a state that respects its residents. Now if you insist on being a dumbass here are http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/california-legal/manufacturer/dsa-arms/results,51-450.html some FALs ready to go. Alternatively buy any one you want with a fixed stock and have these guys http://www.ebrwebstore.com/middleman-ffl-services/ put this http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/kydex-grip-wrap-for-fal-rifles-detail.html?Itemid=0 on it and forward it to your FFL.
>inb4 all the links break
I won't deal with it, good luck if they do.
>>
>>34426356
>find the cheapest one for sale on whatever site you like
>undercut by 50 cents
What exactly could you need any help with?
>>
>>34425272
I'd actually like an SKS but I thought they weren't allowed in california
>>
>>34426374
I'm definitely no expert with firearms but I'm a bigger guy and have shot rifles a few times in the military. A bigger, unforgiving round is exactly what I'm looking for.

As for the FAL, everything I've read on it points to it being a reliable and accurate rifle, what makes you think it's overrated in your experience?

And thank you for the links, exactly what I was looking for.
>>
Is it possible to conceal an 8 round 357 revolver in pretty normal summer clothing? Could it be compared to carrying a full size 9mm, or is it even bulkier?
>>
File: 32 dollaz.png (111KB, 1240x768px) Image search: [Google]
32 dollaz.png
111KB, 1240x768px
>>34419994
>>34426356

32 dollaz as per google for a new one, you could probably make 28-20 off it
>>
>>34426442
That would only be the Yugoslavian SKSs that still have their grenade launching shit attached. J&G used to sell them with it removed but I guess that dried up at some point. Anyways, an SKS with an internal 10 round magazine and no grenade launching adapter is 100% ok. Don't ask me where the CA DOJ expects you to find Zastava rifle grenades but they seem terribly afraid of them.
>>
>>34426481
Oh, my mistake. You said California and nogunz so I assumed limp wristed beta who needed a .22 with a pussy pad. Little bit of projecting, sorry.
Onto the FAL, fuck. I'll be honest and say I have mostly disdain for .308 in general but the FAL takes the cake for .308 dumbassery in my book. The rounds in the magazine rest on the bolt, which means as you empty it you'll have less pressure which results in some very noticable vertical stringing. You lose the main advantage of .308, range. Historically this was not an issue because they had a bigger source of inaccuracy, full auto .308. I strongly recommend you find a rifle that the potential of .308 semi auto isn't wasted on, like the PTR 91 (aka G3 aka HK91) which is about the same price and only somewhat less historically significant and aesthetic.
Of course if you just want big bang thuddy cal for close quarters that's all you. I'll admit I'm a pussy and would rather have two fast shots of 5.56 than one .308 and a bruise.
>>
What's the verdict on Kimber 1911's? Do they make quality product or is it junk?
>>
>>34426637

kimber is alright, not high end, but okay for cheap intro gun
>>
>>34426637
I have no experience with thier 1911s but they have a decent reputation and their bolt actions are good. I have heard only bad things about their revolvers.
>>
File: 02_left_view(1).jpg (1MB, 3396x1711px) Image search: [Google]
02_left_view(1).jpg
1MB, 3396x1711px
Which one is cheaper to produce, single action peacemaker with a transfer bar or a modern double action revolver ? Same caliber, same barrel size etc.
>>
File: 1257312719429.jpg (141KB, 1069x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1257312719429.jpg
141KB, 1069x1097px
>>34426612
>only somewhat less historically significant and aesthetic.
>>
>>34426712
>>34426768
Thanks anons. Good to know!
>>
Hey anons, what is a good trade for a 30-32 pair of NWU3 pants (unissued)
>>
Will swords come back when we get exo skeleton power armors?
>>
wtc canvas barracks or military tents?
>>
>>34426500
The Yugo SKS integral rifle grenade adapter is built to NATO's 22mm standard so any NATO rifle grenade would work. One might still question why California is afraid of them when any live grenade is already a Federally controlled destructive device and probably no rifle grenade has ever been used as a rifle grenade in the perpetration of another crime in the US, but at this point I've given up on trying to understand what goes on in California.
>>
i tried my friends 357 magnum S&W gun, did not like the weight (felt like too much weight was forward) as well as the grip wasn't as good as a semi auto.
is this just inherent with revolvers or do you think I could find another revolver that could work for me?
>>
Is the AR-15 design (or at least the lower) in the public domain or are all these companies and people paying royalties to colt?
>>
>>34422915
That's not a safety, it's a cocking lever.
>>
>>34427750
ARs are public domain, which is what drives their proliferation.
>>
File: scoop.jpg (1022KB, 1440x2331px) Image search: [Google]
scoop.jpg
1022KB, 1440x2331px
This glass good for throwing on a Tikka T3x in 7mm rem mag? From my very limited understanding it should work well across the caliber's effective spectrum and shouldn't gimp the barely sub-MOA rifle in anyway. Not that I intend to do any unethical long range game hunting with it, the durr never did anything to deserve bleeding out in a ditch because I missed their vitals by an inch. I just prefer shooting paper targets that would die if they were alive rather than lobbing a round well beyond its intended range from a benchrest for shits and giggles.
>>
>>34425083
Whatever is the best combination of comfortable and effective for you. Try Weaver and Isosceles to start with
>>
>>34425395
I have a Gen 1 M&P 9mm with an Apex flat trigger. Runs good, shoots good, better trigger than an out-of-the-box Glock with the dropin parts the previous owner put in it--who was apparently trying to set it up for speed shooting steel. I don't know what go-fast parts it's got, but probably the Apex reset enhancement kit, because it's got a nice loud tactile trigger reset like Glocks do, instead of just a mushy place you could sort-of-feel as the trigger went forward like most G1 M&Ps did.
>>
File: Colt_O1991.jpg (202KB, 1231x813px) Image search: [Google]
Colt_O1991.jpg
202KB, 1231x813px
>>34426637
QC is VERY spotty, because they hired the Jew Mark Cohen to be their CEO and the first thing he did was to get rid of the QC department entirely and let the company's customers be their QC department. Tim Lau at 10-8 Performance has written extensively about exactly why LAPD has stopped buying Kimber 1911s and why LVPD (he is a department armorer and also an active duty Las Vegas PD SWAT officer) won't buy Kimber products--they were sent a batch of fullsize railed .45 1911s from Kimber with all the bells and whistles for evaluation, and not one of them cycle three rounds in a row, not even hardball--because every single pistol in the evaluation batch had been assembled with 9mm ejectors and extractors, sadtrumpet.mp3). Seth Cohen did the same thing to SIGARMS USA back when he was their CEO.

If you get a good Kimber 1911 it will be as good as any--but you're paying Colt money for a gun without Colt QC, and it will be a crapshoot as to whether it runs out of the box (and if you're buying used, ask yourself why the prior owner decided to get rid of it).

If you've got the flow for a Kimber you can pony up for the one with the pony on the side, the real thing.
>>
File: weaver-shooting-stance.png (286KB, 640x380px) Image search: [Google]
weaver-shooting-stance.png
286KB, 640x380px
>>34425083
The Modern Technique of combat pistolcraft was created around the Weaver stance. Those who are physically incapable of moving their arms into the correct positions--fatbodies, steroid freak bodybuilders, girls with big titties--may use the Isoceles stance as a substitution, but the Isoceles stance is drastically inferior in recoil control.

Police departments like to teach Officer Snuffy the Isoceles stance because it's easier to teach to big-city kids who never saw a gun before except on TV before they joined the force, and requires somewhat less one-on-one instruction and somewhat less practice to get into muscle memory. It's also easier for Officer Shaneequa who is 4'10" and 400 pounds and can barely touch her hands together in front of her much less with her hands moves slightly to either side, helping the department to avoid "snivel rights" lawsuits. It is still an inferior lowest-common-denominator technique used by cripples and slobs.
>>
>>34420278
That makes a lot of sense, thank you.
>>
>>34426051
the day i fell in love
>>
File: 1464989151123.png (788KB, 908x962px) Image search: [Google]
1464989151123.png
788KB, 908x962px
I am looking for velcro loops that I can put on my range bag so I can stick velcro patches onto it. Cant find what I am looking for anywhere. Any ideas?
>>
I want to get an ithaca 37 (12 gauge) to transform into a kickass bushgun which would look like a GI issue as much as I can make it.

I sometimes find ithaca 37s being offered, but they all have chokes, which I do not want as I want to be able to fire slugs too.

My question is, since I am guessing that they are integrated chokes based on the pictures I've seen, is it realistic to saw off an inch or however long the choke is from the tip of the barrel, then expect it to work just like a non-choke shotgun would?

Plz no bully. Also I probably wouldn't do this "conversion" myself, I am just asking out of curiosity.
>>
File: ar9.jpg (42KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
ar9.jpg
42KB, 400x533px
>>34419753

Does anyone agree that Glock-style 9mm AR's are ugly as fuck with their angled magazines? I don't own any Glocks, but I understand that the common magazines are appealing. They're just so much uglier than Colt-style.

Pic unrelated. Sexy Colt style AR.
>>
Good optics for an R700 in the 200-300 price range? Using it for target practice now, thinking about picking up hunting
>>
>>34428922
You can fire any Foster-style (i.e- hollow-base, old-school slugs) through any normal choke. Ithacas might be choked slightly tighter than average, but 1 oz Foster slogs through a full choke is no problem.

The way to go would be to buy a field mode with a 26"-30" barrel, and cut it back to 19" and thread it for internal chokes. Once the work is done have it parkerized or koted.
>>
File: 1499066173145.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1499066173145.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>34419753

my ar-15 is scraping the tips of the bullets when i manually eject the rounds, is this normal?
>>
>>34431827
It's just Jewish.
>>
File: bolt in a bottle.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bolt in a bottle.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>34426267
>>34426250
Guess I'll just force it over the frame and accept the scratches. They'll be covered up anyways. Still fucking baffled about how they get that thing in or out, reminds me of this puzzle.
P.S.: I appreciate your Paint skills
>>
>>34422590
Mine is coming in this week. Email me at sharpiepainter at gmail and I'll let you know what I think!
>>
File: 1496918085451.png (779KB, 656x877px) Image search: [Google]
1496918085451.png
779KB, 656x877px
I am a doctor in the UK. Can I emigrate anywhere that will maintain a good 1st World standard quality of life and get better gun laws or should I just resign to being a Bong forever and spend a horrific amount on a .22 rimfire AR15?
>>
>>34432305
You could always marry a US citizen.
>>
File: B1Bd5gw_d.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
B1Bd5gw_d.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
Cuckstate first rifle, 10/22 or Mini 14?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>34432330
>a good 1st World standard quality of life
>>
File: 795.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
795.png
404KB, 853x480px
>>34432396
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you could be so heavily indoctrinated and still want firearms. In that case just file for euthanasia and the NHS will get to you in about 80 years.
>>
>>34432409
>American talking shit about healthcare
>>
Buddy of mine wants a non-5.56 cartridge that can defeat conventional civvie/LEO/commercial armours, no larger than .308 to stockpile for "reasons."

I reccomended 5.45 but I don't have too much insight into defeating armour, what's /k/'s stance?
>>
File: ballistic_chart-wheel.gif (516KB, 1685x1190px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic_chart-wheel.gif
516KB, 1685x1190px
>>34432424
>take home way more money thanks to lower income taxes
>more spending power thanks to lower sales taxes
>medical service on my schedule easily paid for with the money I didn't waste on socialism
The only people crying about American health care are grocery baggers and other people who aren't worth saving. Enjoy paying for their health care with the steep taxes on your income and gun purchases. Try not to die when the sandniggers use their stolen Portuguese C4 and LAWs to destroy your entire continent because only the protected class may defend themselves.

>>34432426
>conventional civvie/LEO/commercial armours
IIIa and down soft armor? Yeah 5.45 will be fine. Hard plates, good fucking luck. .308 won't cut it there.
>>
>>34431827
No, check your head spacing and your rivets.
>>
>>34432305
As a Doctor you get specific preference when migrating to the United States. We fucking love British MDs.
>>
>>34432453
Out of curiousity, what would you wanna run if you wanna defeat hardplates and combosets that have hardplates in them?
>>
File: HDI.jpg (107KB, 816x984px) Image search: [Google]
HDI.jpg
107KB, 816x984px
>>34432453
Sure thing, mr Slovakia
>>
Posted in last one but it died.
So I just got a lee classic loader to ease my way into reloading. Other than the obvious bullet components what else should I get to prepare used brass, if I really need to?
Obviously want minimal investment, and I'm not looking to pop out high numbers, will only do maybe 20 rounds a week give or take
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>34432925
is that the hand reloading kit without a press and stuff? can't really do much to brass without a press of some sort. what caliber/gun is it anyways? if it headspaces on the casing you most likely have to make sure they're all the same length.
>>
Has anyone ever tried going innawoods in these? Bought a pair from Ivan and they feel great but wondering if they could stand some abuse.
>>
>>34433011
Its just a mosin. That way if I fuck up majorly nothing of value will be lost. But yeah its the hand reloading via hammer thing.
>>
>>34433108
No fucks given about headspacing then. In a cartridge that large it doesn't even matter if the body has a few dents, just make sure the mouth takes no damage when you eject (don't let it fall on a concrete floor etc.) or you'll have trouble setting your bullets. Are you going for the original load or something lighter to save money on powder?
>>
>>34433132
Well the lee kit comes with a dipper measure, which is apparently on the light side, which is fine for my current purposes with some .311 bullets I got. (Once again, this is essentially proof of concept and Something to do in the evening to eat time)Next purchase (short of anything needed to prepare the casings) will be a proper powder measure once I can prove to myself and the woman that I'm mildly competent. Then ill go for standard loads
>>
File: IMG_0367.jpg (828KB, 2902x2050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0367.jpg
828KB, 2902x2050px
Thinking of sending my Vedder Holsters pocketlocker back.

It's shifting around too much in my pocket, more so than the original Ruger holster did, and the thumb switch only breaks 50%, which means that even if I engage it there is a chance that the holster will still come out with the gun, not to mention the constant shifting makes it hard to get a good purchase on the gun in the first place.

I'm looking at this one
http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/front-pocket-holster/

it has a much bigger hook than the pocketlocker and looks like it will stay upright better.

Anyone have any other recommendations for pocket holsters. I'm pretty deadset on getting something kydex because at the end of the day the LCP II is a single action gun without a manual safety, so I feel much better about carrying if it's protected by a hard piece of plastic.

Should I keep the Vedder holster anyway? It might come in handy if I have something with smaller pockets like jeans, but then again if I'm wearing jeans I'd probably have my Glock 19 IWB and not my LCP
>>
>>34433145
I see. Now I don't own a Mosin but I have reloaded 8x57 for my Kar98 and those worked just fine. Since I only have access to a 100m range I went with a smaller load to cut down on cost and recoil.
Reloading's a great hobby though. There's something meditative about just sitting down and going through a precise procedure over and over again and end up with a bunch of customized ammo.
Oh and be prepared for your rounds to produce shitty groups until you get more proficient. It can be quite discouraging, but don't let it. I'm at a point now where my .223 is better than low-end store-bought.
>>
File: file.png (367KB, 799x357px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
367KB, 799x357px
>>34419753
I am desperately searching for a belgian 410 folding shotgun but i'm not sure where else to look.. i've checked gunbroker and all those sites. As far as i know they used to be pretty cheap.
>>
File: 20170629_082917.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170629_082917.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Can anyone help identify this gun? It is a 12 gauge flintlock shotgun with no manufacturer markings as far as i can tell besides "made in Belgium" stamped on the barrel.
>>
File: 20170703_110656.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_110656.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>34433421
These are the markings on the barrel.
>>
>>34433421
>flintlock shotgun
rad
how do you put in the shot? in a canvas bag or something? waxed together maybe?
>>
>>34419842
no he was saying that california was a kommie state
>>
>>34433421
its belgian flintlock musket. You just pour about 80 grains of black powder followed by a patch and then shot or a ball. I would do more research becuase I think that type of belgian musket also commonly reproduced in japan in the 70s and just should shoot blanks.
>>
File: 20170623_141933.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_141933.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Good trade?

This: http://www.armslist.com/posts/6987587/jacksonville-florida-handguns-for-sale-trade---22lr-walther-p22-w--extended-barrel

For this: http://www.armslist.com/posts/6894203/jacksonville-florida-rifles-for-sale--mosin-nagant-7-62x54-4-1-rounds

I've never owned a nugget, and fuck my .22 pistol. Dry firing is 90% of what I do with guns which is why I hate rimfires. So what if I lose a little money.
>>
Bought an old mauser and the bolt interior is pure cosmoline. Is it safe to use brake cleaner there and if yes what's the best way to flush it out afterwards?
>>
File: m1904_comparison.jpg (82KB, 850x365px) Image search: [Google]
m1904_comparison.jpg
82KB, 850x365px
Anyone know what the point of the curved quillon on some bayonets is?
>>
>>34433556
The guy at the shop told me it was made for reenactments, so that might be the case. How do I check to make sure it is safe to shoot? Also, how much is it worth?
>>
>>34433606
The japs had it on there to snap off the opponent's bayonet. I reckon everyone else did, too.
>>
>>34433646
snap off?
>>
>>34433586
I used mineral spirits on mine, it doesn't damage the wood and it washes the cosmoline right off.
>>
>>34433797
That's bullshit. More than likely it's for stacking them erect in the field
>>
>>34433797
The reason for the hooked quillion was to snap an opponents blade should an enemy lock bayonets
t. enthusiast
http://antiqueoutings.com/lithgow-1907-bayonet/
>>34433850
>More than likely it's for stacking them erect in the field
wat
>>
>>34422585
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiservice_tactical_brevity_code#W
>>
>>34429528
They've grown on me with time, to the point that I prefer that look to Colt mags. Couldn't really tell you why.

>>34432512
You are a good little boot licker. The socialist ways of governments high on this list are detrimental to their ranking, it's just that other factors have allowed them to prosper regardless. That being said, I have no idea how the least productive, poorest, most socialist shithole in the first world has such a high placement.

>>34433083
If they're well made leather boots you're golden.

>>34433567
Stop dry firing so much poorfag
>>
>>34433898
how do you snap a bayonet?
>>
>>34424756
Midwest Industries. They're just below $200
>>
>>34433951
Fuck you
>>
File: BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.png (17KB, 747x526px) Image search: [Google]
BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.png
17KB, 747x526px
>>34434072
like dis. use the leverage you get from the length of your rifle and simply twist it once you have caught the enemy bayonet. it's just a thin piece of hard steel, and even if it doesn't break you can wrench the enemy's weapon from his hands
>>
I feel like this is a really dumb question.

In a select fire infantry rifle, is a higher or lower ROF desirable? On one hand you have more rounds downrange faster, but it seems like slower would be more controllable and the difference between emptying your gun in 2 or 3 seconds of sustained fire would be academic.
>>
>>34434798
Medium, 600-650 is ideal for ease of use and ammo consumption.

Fast ROF is only good for low recoil PDW and stuff like mounted AA and aircraft guns.

Slow >400 isn't too common anymore
>>
>>34434879
Thanks. I wasn't thinking of really low ROF, more comparing the ROF of something like the AK and the M16
>>
in a bullpup gen the other day some anon said there was someone who might make a deal to sell AUGs with left-handed bolts at no extra charge, but i forgot who

already checked the catalogue
>>
>>34419753
6x6 or 6x8 side plates?
>>
>>34436633
Also, explanations for both.
>>
Got an old CETME (model C I think) that's started to jam on me the last few times. Had a friend recommend swapping the old mags out for some new Mapgul ones. However, when I checked the site, it stated they weren't compatible with H&K style rifles. Are there any alternatives?
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.