[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First AR/Build Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1496034438942.jpg (106KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496034438942.jpg
106KB, 640x640px
Kinda like those PC building guides where gamers pick and choose parts for their builds Id like to start this thread to help me along the way for my first build.

Im looking for a sweet spot between value and cost. The only thing Im looking for is a 20 inch barrel/rifle length gas system.

This is what I had in mind. Please let me know if it sucks.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/20-hammer-forged-chrome-lined-mp-rifle-kit.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-blemished-safe-fire-lower.html
>>
>>34411383
That should do fine. You'll also need a rear sight of some sort.
>>
>>34411428
Is there a specific tool ill need to put this stuff together besides that weird looking ar armorers wrench
>>
>>34411460
punches for roll pins always helps.
>>
Get an Aero precision lower.
>>
>>34411460
armorers wrench is only if you have a adjustable stock. fixed stock doesn't need one. you will need punches and a small brass hammer.
>>
>>34411460
You can put together a lower with no tools, but it's a pain in the ass. The upper, you would need at least a barrel wrench.
>>
>>34411984
Whats the difference between a psa lower and a aero precision lower?

>>34412107 wow i didnt know that thanks

And talking about fixed stocks.. is the fixed stock on psa and other a2 copies sturdy enough to strike with? Or is it just plastic?
>>
>>34412037
What about a barrel wrench like the other anon replied?
>>
Anybody know of options for .22WMR builds? There's dozens if not hundreds of .22LRs available.
I've got plenty of LRs from lever guns to spare drop in and dedicated uppers. I can't find anything though my googling on magnum builds.
>>
>>34413048
I think the PSA kit has all that pre-assembled, though he'd probably need one if he wanted to change I.
>>
A vise and a vise block are also required for assembly. Otherwise there is no way to actually apply torque to the barrel nut.
>>
>>34413076
The PSA upper linked in the op isnt already tightened?
>>
>>34413133
Yes, it is. Bleh, all the talk about wrenches and stuff got me confused.

I'd get the PSA ones with the adjustable buttstock and a 16" barrel. 20" is a shit ton of extra clumsiness and bulk for not much ballistic advantage at all.

Also, Primary Arms has Anderson lowers for $30.
http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-manufacturing-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-ar-15-a3?utm_source=slickguns&utm_medium=frontpagedeals
>>
>>34411383
Why does the bit of wood on top if the handguard have finger grooves?
>>
>>34411383
Fixed on a price range? Add an extra $300 to it.
>>
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-midlength-5-56-chf-ultra-lightweight-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle.html
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

Would these match color wise?

Does the upper come with railing the would accomidate a red dot and aftermarket rear sights?

Anything in the 16" uppers that are of better quality?
>>
>>34413387
Yes, yes, and yes.

Can't help you with the last question, but I've heard good things about the FN CHF barrel.
>>
>>34413285
No not fixed on a price range but want to get best bang for buck

Im going to use this weekend to think this through and with the help of the /k/ community make a final decision and purchase.
>>
>>34411383
WE
>>
>>34414183
SHALL
>>
Is it very expensive to get your gun cerakoted? I bought a noveske stripped lower and a VLTOR mur upper, not thinking about the fact that the finishes don't match.
>>
>>34413182
Uh, with 20 inch barrels you can shoot through level 3 plate. The wound channel proved that you can do it with a 20" barrel and regular Walmart ammo.
>>
>>34414347
Like $100 to $150 last I checked.
>>
How heavy/dense is the A2 fixedbuttstock? Can I strike with it?
>>
>>34413387
Any additional input here?
>>
>>34414281
INFRINGE
>>
>>34411383
>The only thing Im looking for is a 20 inch barrel/rifle length gas system.
Any particular reason?
>>
>>34413036
>Whats the difference between a psa lower and a aero precision lower?
Nothing. And even Anderson is cheaper.
>>
>>34413036
PSA a2 stock is sturdy enough to club baby seals to death- most others will do the same. It would have to be some shitty Chinese bootleg copy to fail when you use it as a war club.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.