[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garbage or what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0593.jpg (242KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0593.jpg
242KB, 600x450px
Anyone ever use Freedommunitions, I want to pick up some 5.56 because there prices are insane. I'll skip the remanufactured shit they make, but how is the new stuff?
>>
>>34411019
not sure on the new stuff but judging by how bad the reman stuff is I would stay away from it. My buddy works at a local gun counter and someone came in because the ammo was not working right and shows them pic related, they overcharged 5.56 to the point not only did it pop the primers it completely blew them out.
>>
Shot about 1000 rnds of 9mm reman. No issues and shot decent accuracy to 20yds. YMMV
>>
>>34411019

stick with pistol rounds for remanufactured, too much shit can go wrong with higher pressure rifle rounds.

ive shot thousands of freedom munitions pistol rounds and had two issues: one case failure in a 45 ACP in a glock 21 (gun was fine, mag got dinged, freedom munitions cut me a check), and a cracked 9mm case in a hk p9s (thinned cases dont do well in a fluted chamber).
>>
>>34411019
I haven't had any issues with their remanufactured .223. It's definitely loaded hot though.
>>
>>34411086
Yeah I've seen videos of the reman rounds blowing out people's lowers/bolts. It's less than 10 cents a round extra for new rounds, still has me weary though.
>>
>>34411216
>>34411019
I had bad luck with them years ago on reman .45acp, I've told the story before but,
>order .45acp reman
>supposed to come in 50rd boxes in the case as advertised, shows up in 2, 1gal ziplock bags loose
>get shorted
>get uncleaned, empty cases and other calibers (.40, .380, 9x19) on top of being shorted
>almost all the rounds are so horribly out of spec they don't even fit in 1911 mags
>the few that did fit were horribly inaccurate and produced almost as much smoke as black powder
>try to contact Freedom Munitions for resolution, get cussed out, then routinely hung up on on subsequent calls, emails go unanswered
>file chargeback thru CC company, FM doesn't respond to their inquiry in time, get money back uncontested
>several months go by
>sheriff's deputy serves arrest warrant for wire fraud over it, they'd filed a fraud complaint against me over the chargeback
>go to arraignment, show assloads of documentation, case gets dismissed
They have since changed owners at least once and changed locations of both their HQ and their manufacturing facility at least 3x.

So I figured they'd turned over a new leaf and bought 4 boxes of their "factory new" .44mag ammo.

And it's fucking unusably defective, and I'm in the process of trying to resolve that with them. At least this time they're talking to me, even if they are being a little unreasonable about it (wanting me to overnight+insured the remaining ammo to them on my dime for "evaluation").

I highly highly recommend you steer clear.
>>
What is the new 5.56, like $.30 a round?

You can find more reputable brands for the same price if you check prices often.
>>
Pure junk, Russian steel is better.
>>
File: IMAG0059.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0059.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
I've went through thousands of their 9x19

Good quality stuff and price is decent
>>
>>34411269
This is enough to scare me away honestly. Can anyone recommend some decently priced 556/223?
>>
Their reman just asploded a local guy's AR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/6jprwk/freedom_munitions_claims_another_rifle/

So yeah, garbage.

Their new stuff isn't much better. They aren't using "fired mystery amount of times" cases but their QC sucks and the ammo is still dirty as shit. I wouldn't give anyone with such a bad reputation and track record for blowing up guns any money.
>>
>>34411407

Ok with steel? Just get Wolf polyformance, Tula, Brown Bear, whatever is cheap

Brass? Wolf Gold, IMI, Prvi

Hell, if you keep your eye out you can find shit like Federal XM193 for under $.30 sometimes, in this era of low no-Democrats-to-take-your-guns prices
>>
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato?co=new&ca=brass
>>
>>34411424
>they aren't using "fired mystery amount of times" cases
Yes they are.

I'm >>34411269
The .44mag ammo I bought was supposed to use their store brand's brass (Xtreme). About half the cases have that, the other half are a mix of UMC and PPU brass that's clearly been fired.

Moreover I've got 3 different colors of primer in the same damn box.
>>
>>34411269
>fool me once...
why the FUCK would you buy from them again
>>
>>34411505
>Yes they are.

I was talking about their new ammo. New ammo is new cases,

The remanu ammo uses cases they buy back from people and apparently don't inspect, judging my how many case head separations there are.
>>
>>34411019

My friend worked for them.

He refuses to shoot it.
>>
File: 20170630_220511.jpg (497KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_220511.jpg
497KB, 2048x1152px
>>34411512
A combination of they are owned by different people and I was lured in by the insanely low prices.

>>34411515
It IS their "new" ammo.
This stuff.
>https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/pistol/44-mag/44-mag-240-gr-xtp-new.html
Pic related.

It has 3 different headstamps: Xtreme (their store brand), PPU, and UMC.
>>
>>34411019
It's the fucking best most accurate ammo I've ever owned. Would recommend. No issue at all, fuck the haters.
>>
>>34411546
Oh, also, at least 2 of the PPU-headstamped cases came from a Taurus owner. They have multiple firing pin craters in the rim. Which also 100% guarantees it's used brass.
>>
>>34411546
Different headstamps doesn't mean fired casings. They probably buy whatever's available and cheap. The page even says it'll be mixed brass, either normal brass or nickel plated.
>>
>>34411554
fuck off Tim
>>
>>34411615
See
>>34411580
>>
File: IMG_5739.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5739.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34411019
I would stay away. FUCK INDEPENCE had this happen last Friday. Hot popped the primer next round the bullet was loose and squibed with out firing.
>>
>>34411019
their .357 magnum rounds are weak as shit, basically .38 special speeds

and their actual .38 specials are just hilariously weak
>>
>>34411631

fuck you man that wasn't me
>>
>>34411019
honestly its hard to say, I've personally had generally good experiences with it.

I bought 2k rounds of reman 9mm on a whim a while back. Shipping took around 4+ weeks before they actually shipped it which sucked. However every round Ive shot so far of it works great and its accurate enough for my purposes. All showed up in boxes like it was advertised.

On the other hand a good friend of mine bought some of their reman 5.56 and in one box of 20 we had like 5 FTFs. Hes used other stuff of theirs since then and had no problem though, so that was potentially from a bad batch and it was the primers that failed.

tl;dr - works great for me, but im aware theres a lot of negative reviews as well.
>>
I shot 500 rounds of their reman .223 and i would say its shit. About 10-20% didnt go off.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.