[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this dangerous?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8193.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8193.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I was shooting today, and a 7.62x54r round failed to fire. I packed it in my bag and left. Does it pose any danger now that it's in my house?
>>
>>34410585
put it back in the rifle and shoot it.
>>
Yes, it could blow up the entire neighborhood.
>>
>>34410585
You'll die. Pls be carful! Bin that Thing, Be a Hero not a Zero.
>>
>>34410585
Most likely just a very hard primer, put it back in and fire. If you're concerned enough to not fire it go to the local range and throw it on the ground or something.
>>
>>34410602
So it's just as stable as it was before?
>>
>>34410660
Yes. The danger from a delayed fire primer is within really the first few seconds, by 30 seconds or so it's pretty much non-existent. The danger is when there's a slow fizzle burning in the primer instead of a pop.
>>
Put it in the microwave
>>
either it is a bad primer or your firing pin isnt sticking out quite far enough. probably a bad primer.
>>
>>34411024
It happens approx every 7 rounds
>>
>>34411043
i would suspect that your firing pin may be the problem. do you have a tool for checking its exposed length?
>>
>>34411002
Yeah, warming, but not overheating the round will kind of reset the primer. You'll only want to microwave it for about 45 seconds. Over a minute and you risk a kaboom.
>>
>>34411052
It's protrusion is fine
I suspect the hammer spring
>>
>>34411059
Lol you guys are dicks
>>
File: k rays.jpg (35KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
k rays.jpg
35KB, 550x600px
EODfag
Hopefully you waited 30-60seconds after the fail-to-fire for a hangfire before unlocking your nugget.
After that it's a dud.
Try cleaning your bolt in case its a light strike from the firing pin.
Its safe to try firing again, if it doesnt work, wait that 30-60sec then its confirmed.
Dump it if your range has a dud bin.
Or pull the projo with pliers, pour out the propellant into a heap, use a match - watch your fingers.
Throw the emptied case in the fire. The dud primer will be a small pop.
>yes, its /k you can throw the whole round in the fire, it will bang and spit torn brass a few metres, mildly amusing and a slight risk of hitting pinged by bras frag but hardly a pipebomb. No the projo wont shoot out of the fire as it isnt contained in a chamber.
Or, as always, this is /k...
>>
>>34411121
>Hammer spring..?
So not a nugget.
What you using OP? SVD, PSL...?
>>
>>34411426
SVT-40
>>
>>34411043
I had a similar situation with a bunch of cheap 7.62x39 that I let sit around in a humid environment for about 6 months. I may have accidentally hit them lightly with some wd40. Penetrating oils will fuck your cheap ammo primers.
>>
>>34411408
Not OP but thanks for your wise suggestions.
>>
>>34411488
YOU BASTAR....I mean...Its totally ruined....that damn 7th stick the firing pins on those are prone to....ship it to me...its worthless now...
>>
>>34413484
Kek
They're so cheap in Canada.
I had 2.
Now only 1

Sad boating accident I'm afraid.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.