[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting a .22 version of your CCW for training a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Bersa 22.jpg (140KB, 709x517px) Image search: [Google]
Bersa 22.jpg
140KB, 709x517px
Is getting a .22 version of your CCW for training a meme?
>>
>>34410481
for a bersa yes because 380 isnt expensive. The only time thought about getting a 22 version would've been a 22 bolt for an ar
>>
>>34410481
On that note, is carrying a 22 a meme?
>>
>>34410481
>His CCW has a .22 version
>>
>>34410481
y tho
>>
Train with what you intend to shoot.
>>
>>34410559
>>34410793
The Bersa was just an example, but let's say it was a pistol with really pricy ammo, would the .22 be a good training tool?
>>
>>34410803
you're better off buying a basic Lee reloading setup for the same amount of money
>>
>>34410803
don't you want to train to handle the recoil of the round you intend to use?
>>
>>34410579
It better be your last resort that you carry in the tongue of your shoe.
>>
>>34410803

Don't buy a pistol with pricey ammo then.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>34410793
But I don't know any dindus.
>>
>>34411022
>>34411314
>>34411346
Okay, let's say it's a .22 conversion cylinder for a revolver, that only costs like fifty bucks. Would it be a good training tool?
>>
>>34410579
Better than nothing!
>>
>>34411395
Your point of impact will be way off and it doesn't prepare you for recoil at all. It basically does the same shit as dry-firing.

If you want just want to plink with .22 go for it since $50 isn't bad, just don't expect it to actually help you get better.
>>
>>34411367

no reaction photo because new computer, but I laffed
>>
>>34410481
Normally no, you want to train with ammo that mimics your carry rounds so the recoil and point of impact are similar. On the Bersa Thunders, 380 practically has no recoil anyway. It's a fun pistol to have in 22 and it's relatively cheap already.
>>
>>34410579

IMHO it's acceptable if you're using it for a special purpose (IE an easily concealed pocket gun as opposed to a fullsized carry) but keep in mind that it's not going to have anywhere near the stopping power of 9mm or even .380 and that you will probably have to mag dump into your attacker for it to be effective. Yes, attacker, as in one single target. If you get jumped by a group of dindus while carrying a .22, you're fucked unless they're jumpy enough to run for the hills at the TSHH of a .22.

That said, don't underestimate the power of a .22 either. Various militaries around the world have experimented with .22lr submachine guns that were capable of shredding apart cars.
>>
>>34410481
Train with the caliber that you carry.

Besides, .380 is a very easy cartridge to shoot.
>>
>>34410803
No, because how are you supposed. To train for its recoil if you are using weaker ammo? And for the same let's say $500 cost you could buy a lot of ammo
>>
>>34410608

Your comment is as retarded as that negroids face you posted
>>
I had the Beretta .22 Practise Kit conversion for my 92FS.
I gained nothing from shooting it. Dry firing the centerfire set up was better training as it had the same weight, sight and balance.
If you want a .22, buy a quality .22 and enjoy it.
>>
>>34414712
Just to add, I also have a S&W model 18, which is the .22 version of the .38 model 15.
Once again I find dry fire a better training method. The .22 only gets brought out to introduce newbies to shooting.
>>
>>34410481
yes. If you want to train cheaply then get an airgun version of what you own. However it is always best to train with the gun itself and the ammo you carry.
>>
I bought a Ciener slide and barrel for my Hi Power so new shooters and my wife (pretty recoil sensitive from arthritis) can shoot .22, and then use the same gun to fire 9mm. I'll also get a .22lr bcg for my AR someday for similar reasons.
>>
>>34410559
>380 isn't expensive
More than 9mm. Do you think you have to carry a .357 for this to be cost effective?
>>
>>34410481

Because of the difference in recoil, it doesn't make sense for training quick follow up shots. Slow fire, and drawing then making the first shot are both perfecly fine to train in 22lr.
>>
>>34414821
I get it at the same price as .40
Thunders have excellent recoil in 380, especially if you shoot a compact 40 all the time. If you don't want to dry fire it with snaps then .22 is fine.
>>
>>34411395
If you carry a revolver for self defence you're actually retarded.
>>
>>34410579

It worked for Sirhan Sirhan
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.