[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOT A TROLL THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 195x259px
Why does Glock not get with the times? There's many gun manufacturers that offer many and options and front slide serrations for often a cheaper price. Does Glock refuse to listen to the consumer in hopes of leaning on its brand name or does it not truly give a shit?

>Only 10 percent of the population of the planet are left handed.
True. But as a business wouldn't you want to capitalize that?

>Glock is perfect the way it is. Any changes are unnecessary
Doesn't that sound quite like a fudd with the 1911?

>Front slide serrations are a meme.
Glock can afford to offer front slide serrations as pic shows.

Keep in mind there was a huge market demand for a single stack 9mm pistol and Glock dragged their ass to release one, all the while the PPS and the Shield were good alternatives.

Im a lefty and own both a G22 and a VP9 and shoot quite well with both. However I can't help but feel Glock is missing a huge opportunity right now.

I want Glock to succeed, but not on "muh perfection" and millions of aftermarket products.
>>
File: g17 1439500107372.jpg (608KB, 1599x1063px) Image search: [Google]
g17 1439500107372.jpg
608KB, 1599x1063px
>>34408694
because they're fucking retarded and sucking off the tit of police department contracts. Glock is gonna go the way of colt - no innovation is going to kill them.
>>
>>34408737
Its sad but i guess true. I really like Glock but now the only reason I'd purchase them now is for the Blue Label discount.
>>
If you don't like Glocks then don't buy them.
>>
>>34408694
Time for >le glock shill.

Glock needs an ambi slide stop/release, magazine release isn't as important as most lefties are used to pressing them with their index finger anyways.
No person says this. Retards aren't people.
>Front slide serrations are a meme.
They are and it should be a waste of money to do so, but retards buy them so it's not that much of a waste I guess.
>demand for a single stack
Glock only cares about selling to police/military and then selling to civvies by saying "this is used by someone you can larp as!"

In defense of Glock, they are slowly but surely making needed changes, at least faster than Colt speed. Expect no finger grooves, front serrations, and beveled magwells soon™. You're not getting your ambi slide release/catch for another 10 years though.
Also nobody is ever going to match Glock's size to capacity ratio.
>>
File: 1498679144009.jpg (26KB, 502x384px)
1498679144009.jpg
26KB, 502x384px
>>34408694
I <3 my G19 Gen 4 but would love a few changes

>front serrations
>steel dot or bar & dot sights from the factory
>actual backstraps that change the profile of the grip, not just clip-ons
>no finger grooves, or a removable front strap that gives you options

The FS models are a step in the right direction, but why are they a separate limited series? Why not at least start putting steel sights on all their guns?

It makes me especially sad to see they totally half-assed their MHS entry. They didn't bother coming up with a real backstrap system for a huge military contract, they're definitely not going to bother for the commercial market.

I don't think Glock will get their shit together until Gaston dies and someone else takes over. They're the absolute most risk-averse company I've ever seen.
>>
>Glock only cares about selling to police/military and then selling to civvies by saying "this is used by someone you can larp as!"

Couldn't you argue that is what's HK main problem is? IIRC that's what turned slit of people off from HK products because they seemed to have the same attitude.
>>
>>34408790
>They're the absolute most risk-averse company I've ever seen.
Their tagline is "Glock Perfection", and the fanboys have taken it to heart, even if half of them put on a shit ton of aftermarket parts. If their product is "perfection" what reason would they have to change it?
>>
>>34408802
Meant for
>>34408773
>>
>>34408802
Oh yeah absolutely. Tons of companies do it, Glock and H&K do it really bad, with the exception of the VP9. I don't think it's a valid reason to disregard any gun because they market it like that, but that's what I figured caused them to take so long. They don't have to compete in that market, why bother until they feel like it?
>>
>>34408829
That's actually a better explanation from what I was expecting from this board.
>>
>>34408802
HK is a smaller company. It takes them time to retool for a production run and they do listen, we ask for the VP9 compact. They made it happen. Glock on the other hand. Glock out right ignores our requests.
>>
File: 1427629630964.jpg (72KB, 605x403px)
1427629630964.jpg
72KB, 605x403px
Not trying to stir anything up but why are front slide serrations so important?
>>
>>34408942
Makes press checks easier.
Makes grabbing the slide easier.
>>
>>34408942
It's the latest meme
>>
>>34408942
is there any reason not to have them
>>
>>34408942
Makes it easier to press check, and gives you a little more leverage over the slide.
>>
>>34409212
This.
What's your boggle>>34408942?
>>
>be a gluckold
>replace every major component on muh glock with aftermarket shit
>without a trace of irony, spout off about how glock is the pinnacle of handgun design

I derive a sense of smug satisfaction from knowing that the US military will never fall for the glock meme.
>>
>>34408737
What's that light? looks nice
>>
>>34409323
Inforce APL

It's a piece of shit that looks cool so it thrives among instagram gun owners
>>
>>34409396
know of any that look cool and arent shit?
>>
>>34409469
Surefire
>>
Fellow lefty here. I have zero issues with glocks, what's your reasoning?
>>
>>34409504
You don't find it awkward to lock the slide back?
>>
>>34409469
Surefire X300 or Streamlight TLR-1
>>
>>34408694
E-mail them then. I'm sure we'd all like to see Glock do well and continue to make good guns
>>
>>34408694
>Doesn't that sound quite like a fudd with the 1911?
Aren't glocks the only polymer gun that fudds will dare venture out to?
>>
>>34409212
It makes it easier for an assailant to grab and hold onto your gun.

>inb4 muh good situational awareness would prevent that scenario from ever happening!

The average distance at which a shooting takes place is 7 yards, but the majority of incidents that aren't home invasions are going to take place at distances of like 3 feet. This is close enough for an assailant to grab your gun if you do not score a CNS hit in the first one or two shots.
>>
>>34408773
>Also nobody is ever going to match Glock's size to capacity ratio.
Fucking this. It frustrates me that the Glock 19 has remained the best in its class for size and capacity since its introduction. The Glock 19 is just so ideal.
>>
>>34409540
Not at all, trigger finger is ezpz. Got an extended stop anyway but I never needed it.
>>
File: 8oiunsadf4.jpg (21KB, 265x491px) Image search: [Google]
8oiunsadf4.jpg
21KB, 265x491px
>Every gun store has Glocks up to the ceiling
>Design hasn't changed since the '80s
>Every gun (fairly or unfairly) is compared to them, or billed as the next "Glock killer"

They are selling them in droves, with no incentives or justifiable reasons to change what is working for them.
>>
>>34409593
wat
>>
>>34408694
The only thing that is "wrong" with Glocks are that the trigger is mediocre (which is done purposefully because it has no external safety) and the sights are mediocre (which is done purposefully to make sight alignment easier at the expense of sight picture)

>>34408942
They aren't. Faggot who don't know when they've loaded a gun and need to constantly check and faggots who can't properly clear a malfunction use them.

>>34408737
>>34408747
People continue buying them because they are arguably the most reliable handgun in the world and are a great design.
Nearly every company that makes handguns has a Glock clone.
>no external safety
>polymer frame
>double stack
>striker fired
>trigger safety
>front rail section
The Glock was revolutionary and everyone knows it.
>>
>>34408773
>>34409603
MY NIGGERS

I thought I was the only one who thought this. I bring it up anywhere and people look at me like I'm retarded.

Competitors have improved ergonomics, aesthetics, the trigger, etc. but nobody can beat or even replicate how compact and size-efficient a Block is. Can anybody explain why? Did Gaston sell his soul to the devil in exchange for a 100% efficient pistol design? Every single competitor is larger and heavier, and nobody can get the same capacity in the same size. Most of the competitor's 15rnd pistols are the same grip length as a G17.
>>
File: 20170630_133526.jpg (1MB, 2687x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_133526.jpg
1MB, 2687x2080px
>>34410177
I like your style
>>
>>34409103
This. Fucking this.

You have nerds itt making such a big hubup about them despite not being able to clear malfunctions as it is.

It's like faggots who argue slide stop or powerstroke when they have a shit reload as it is.
>>
>>34409851
>lost a large government contract to a demonstrably worse gun that had some improvements in mudularity.
>police agencies dropping old stock in droves. which is why there's a glut of them in gun shops.

The first great example of something rarely continues to be the best thing without learning from the innovations of others. Glock hasn't been the best glock for a while, unless you're just fanboying the flames.
>>
>>34410577
>>police agencies dropping old stock in droves. which is why there's a glut of them in gun shops.

To be fair that's mostly because of the switch from .40 to 9mm. The market's flooded with LEO trade in Glocks, as well as M&Ps, SIG, etc. Most departments seem to just be adopted whatever they used before, only in 9mm. My state police (MI) actually dropped the .40 P226 and just adopted the G17 Gen 4.
>>
>>34410577
>lost a large government contract to a demonstrably worse gun
>glocktards actually believe this
>>
>>34410639
Oh, believe me, there are better guns that the glock, by far, the 320 just isn't it.
>>
>>34410639
>larger
>thicker
>heavier
>more expensive
>manufacturer known for quality control issues

But muh modular grip

doubt the military cared about the better trigger since their first priority is to retard-proof the gun with as many safeties as possible
>>
>>34408737
Beretta 92FS is more appealing.
Sue me for this opinion.
>>
Since this is basically a GLOCK PERFECTION thread, can somebody positively identify this magwell? It's not Salient/VTAC, there is no visible logo on the front, and the back angle looks different.
>>
File: Randy.jpg (95KB, 400x400px)
Randy.jpg
95KB, 400x400px
>>34408694

They don't have to change; and they won't until it's almost too late. I know a lot of the Georgia marketing team; and they hate the higher ups bull shit. It's clinging onto the LEO market and tad bit of ass hurt lingering for not getting the Army contract.

I'm glad they didn't get it. I want my XM17 now; but sadly MPs get that shit first. Fucking homo POGs
>>
>>34411863
Suarez International
https://suarezinternational.com/magazine-wells/
>>
>>34409212
They look ugly and raise cost slightly.
>>
>>34412007
Boy that looks identical except for the logo on the front.

Is there anything else it could be?
>>
>>34412091

You can't even see the logo on the picture you posted. That's gotta be it.
>>
File: 20160810_083511.jpg (132KB, 750x421px)
20160810_083511.jpg
132KB, 750x421px
>>34412160
>You can't even see the logo on the picture you posted.
That's why I have this last little bit of doubt, the Suarez has an engraved logo but the RecoilWeb picture one doesn't.
>>
>>34412178
they could have PS'd it out
>>
>>34412202
>they could have PS'd it out

This guy knows. This guy fucks.
>>
>>34408813
especially the shitty Glock triggers
>>
File: glock .40s.jpg (242KB, 1350x900px)
glock .40s.jpg
242KB, 1350x900px
>>34408694
part of glocks niche is they are all the same fucking thing. Compare that to any other company that makes dozens and dozens of different models, both autos and revolvers. You pick up one glock you more or less know how they will all work and feel, as opposed to picking up a beretta 92fs, there are loads of different berettas and they will all feel just a bit different. I always tell newbies or those looking to just have a few guns and not build a collection glocks are a perfect start
Its a smart business strategy on their part, though boring for the gun lovers but we have all those other companies to look at for variety
>>
File: stimpysmug.jpg (9KB, 200x200px)
stimpysmug.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>34409593
>>
>>34408773
>>34409603
I know its new but.....
>>
>>34413531
I'd like to see CZ further develop this line with other size options and accessories, v nice start.
>>
>>34413531
Uh, what are you trying to say here? The P-10 c is still larger in every regard than the G19, and slightly heavier.
>>
>>34408790
>front serrations
here we go again.
Why do you want front serrations?
>>
>>34408942
isn't the front of the slide pretty hot after you shoot a lot? Does this mean I HAVE to have gloves on if I ever press check in middle of a fight and I refuse to use the rear serrations?
>>
>>34410299
>I thought I was the only one who thought this. I bring it up anywhere and people look at me like I'm retarded.

Me fucking too. The damn thing was designed in the 80's and everyone trying to ""dethrone"" Glocks is missing one fundamental thing: it is the smallest/most size efficient 15+1 in the market, period.

The Glock 19 does pretty much everything I need in a defensive pistol and it's all I carry. It isn't the most interesting gun but I don't own guns to show off or look at.
>>34408802
>Couldn't you argue that is what's HK main problem is? IIRC that's what turned slit of people off from HK products because they seemed to have the same attitude.

The irrational HK hate is p annoying tbqh.
>>
I give zero fucks about glock, people can like them and they work for what they are, but the whole, "oh you're a newbie? GLOCK19GLOCK19GLOCK19" echo chamber was insanely annoying as a person new to guns. I bought a USPc and before I did everyone wouldn't shut up about glock. I went and tried both the 19 and the 17, hated both. Glad I found CZ and HK.
>>
>>34413960
>but the whole, "oh you're a newbie? GLOCK19GLOCK19GLOCK19" echo chamber was insanely annoying as a person new to guns.

Then you will eventually cry about how difficult detail stripping your USP is or how expensive the mags are. You'll learn, someday.
>>
>>34408899
>HK is a smaller company
Maybe HK USA, I think there's no way in hell that HK Germany is smaller than Glock. Probably explains why the Europeans had the SFP-9SK (VP9SK) many months before we did, as well as have the 416A5 clone available (and for cheaper than the MR-556A1 here) since early last year.
>>
>>34413979

I've had the USP for 10 years, why the fuck would I get a glock? It's the most mouth breather tier gun, it's nothing but a mediocre trigger and some bullets. There's zero interest in ergonomics, decent sights, or not being a fat as fuck pistol. It's made so a department can buy 200 of them and just hand them to Tin Badge Timmy to shoot at brown people, no thought given to being good shooters just as longer as bullets go downrange when they're smart enough to pull the trigger.
>>
>>34413981

Glock had around twice the total employees that HK did, but those numbers were 2013 ones.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.