[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books involving SHTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0817.jpg (170KB, 1242x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
170KB, 1242x1536px
Can anyone recommend me some decent books under this topic? I really enjoy fiction. Pic related.
>>
>>34408671
Alas babylon
Lucifer's hammer
>>
>>34408671
One Second After
>>
>>34408671
"The World Made by Hand"
It's a quiet apocalypse in upstate NY.
>>
>>34409223
I've been trying to find both of those in a PDF. Any chance that you could help?
>>
>>34409240
I've actually read the whole John Mathersin trilogy and I loved it. When his daughter died and he couldn't save her was absolutely fucking heart wrenching.
>>
>>34409295
Living in upstate I'm afraid that when SHTF my area would turn into a Mad Max type scenario due to all the racecars and shit my neighbors always build.
>>
>>34409295
I'll check into it. Thanks.
>>
>>34409505
I'm surrounded by spics so I expect shit to go down hard.
>>
>>34409505
It sounds like your neighbors went on to from Karptown in the book. There's a place for everyone.
>>
>>34409522
Racial homogeneity is cited as the reason that the town it is set in remained safe by a refugee from Virginia. It was interesting coming from the author. Human geographers are just sociologists who aren't afraid to look at race objectively and have better statistical analysis, I guess.
>>
>>34408671
Tomorrow War by J.L. Bourne.

First couple chapters are kind of dumb, but they're just to set up the SHTF scenario.
>>
Victoria by William Lind
>>
>>34411287
Well memed, kinsman
>>
>>34411287
It's actually pretty good, I keked heartily.
>>
>>34409496
I cried. Books always manage to hit me harder emotionally than movies.

>>34408671
Is there any specific genre of SHTF scenario your looking for? Its pretty much all I read.
>>
>>34415330
Not that anon but please post shtf whatever you think it's good. I love those books and I'm always looking for recommendations
>>
Obligatory Metro post. Metro 2033, 2034, 2035.
>>
>>34415330
Not the OP, but what post-nuclear stuff have you got? I've been re-reading the Metro books and I kind of want more.
>>
>>34415330
I want farming simulator. The whole politics of shtf is boring and stupid, I have no idea why it's so popular. What about post acpocolypic corn and potato yields and the future of animal husbandry in the face of disrupted feed supply?
>>
>>34408671
>papyrus font
in this case, I think it's safe to judge a book by it cover
>>
The Survivalist series by A. American. Think there are 8 in the series now. I haven't read the latest one but all of the others were pretty good. Supposedly a Netflix or Hulu series based on it is in the works.
>>
>>34416296
Forgot pic. First book in the series.
>>
>>34416180
Swan Song by Robert McCammon is pretty good. 1000+ pages though
>>
>>34416196
End Times Alaska - literally farming/surviving simulator after a Fairbanks gets nuked.

>>34416180
Pandemic by A.G. Riddle - more mystery/ebola like virus that I just finished and liked a lot.
The Bonner Incident - Thomas A Watson
Forgotten Forbidden America - Thomas A Watson
299 Days - Glen Tate (Washington State Based, severe Right vs Left)
Holding Their Own - Joe Nobody (Starts world wide gas/terrorist attack colaspe then narrows to Texas Family)

I got more but i'm trying to type while I play PUBG.
>>
>>34416320
>>34416587

Thank you for the recommendations
>>
>>34416296
I've read all of those too lol
>>
>>34411098
The same guy who did Day by Dad Armageddon?
>>
>>34417229
Day by Day Armageddon*
>>
>>34416587
More as I am done playing for now.

Apocalypse Trails - Joe Nobody : Short books starts due to Ashlands Scenario (Yosemite Going up) and folllows a navy LCDR from a Submarine trying to get back to his family.
ORBS - Nicholas Sansbury Smith: Group of scientist enter a sealed off Biosphere experiment to prep for Mars mission but shit happens while they are inside.
Trackers - Nicholas Sansbury Smith: Follows small town Sherriff/drunk Native American butting heads + scenes in DC when North Korea wonder twins with China for sneak EMP/Nuke strikes.
Ares Virus Series by Johnm O Brien - honestly can't remember synopsis but I read them all
Hell Divers by Nicholas Sansbury Smith - world well past ended due to Nukes, biobombs, chem bombs, etc. What remains live aloft in 2 giant air ships that sends "Hell Divers" into radiation zones to recover parts to keep them flying
The Jakarta Pandemic by Steven Konkoly - family trying to survive a mass outbreak/pandemic.
Perseid Collapse Series by Steven Konkoly - EMP SHTF if I remember right.
The Tide Series by Anthony J. Melchiorri - Standard Illuminati type organization creating a bio-bug behind the scenes which then gets out of control. Series has multiple chances to stop the spread/worsening situation but standard people of higher rank thinking they have a better idea keeps fucking it up.
The Apocalypse Crusade by Peter Meredith - lung cancer treatment trials suffer from internal sabotage and instead create a "fungi" like bacteria that induces mass paranoia and violence. Story follows the initial lab where it happens and the failing cordon efforts of the Natty Guard.
Dark Titan Series by Thomas A Watson - mass cornea event wipes out electronics. Follows man in Texas I beleive it starts trying to make it to his bug out spot way back north.

Still more but we are hitting more zombie/plague section of my prior reading.
>>
>>34415330
The ones that I've pretty easily found have all been centered around EMPs. I'm looking for more like that.
>>
>>34417393
Post the zombie and plaque ones too. Anything for good ideas about SHTF defenses.
>>
Mandatory post of Earth Abides. Pre-1960s' SHTF classic, most of humanity wiped by a virus, protagonist and a small band of survivors need to learn to both survive and potentially restart civilization.
Seriously a classic, you guys will love.
>>
>>34418190
Blue Plague Series by Thomas A Watson - Fast zombies
Morningstar Strain - Fast/Slow zombies (different types of the virus/plague) has really good USAMRIID input.
Omega Days - zombies, USS Nimitz as a base, can't remember much else
White Flag of the Dead by Joseph Talluto - lots of hand to hand fighting vs "hunter" zombies. Large scale pike/shield formations.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot series by W.J. Lundy - zombies, I mostly remember first couple books had to do with unit bugging out of Africa after containment failed and trying to get back to the US.
Zombie Rules by David Accord - "smart" high schooler who likes to spray paint rules to follow about the zombies everywhere
Purge of Bablyon Series by Sam Sisavath - more vampires/ghouls with mind hive capability that only come out at night but have large scale human collaborators.
Arisen series by Micheal Stephen Fuchs - Rest of the world has fallen to zombies except for "Fortress Britain". Whats left of America/Europe special forces go out on missions to recover equipment and supplies and try to find research/info on the virus.
Mountain Man series by Keith C Blackmore - recluse mountain man (go figure) who hides in his mountain cabin for first 2 years of zombie land. Mostly drinks himself into stupors, has good parts where he uses firefighter nomex gear for protection and such. Also involves issue of virus/plague affecting rats.
Exintion Cycle by Nicholas Sansbury Smith - about the same as The Tide series but with slightly different "monsters". Same premise of we fucked our selves by trying to create a medical super bug.
Z-Risen series by Timothy W. Long - follow along on the wacky adventures of a Marine Sgt and a Navy Machinist mate are forced to abandon ship and survive zombies (some that jump/run). The Navy man being slow and dumb loves hitting things with a giant wrench.
Carlie Simmons series by JT Sawyer - SS Agent assigned to protect presidents daughter when zombies hit.
>>
might I recommend some literature worth your precious time on this earth?
Crime and Punishment
Paradise Lost
>>
>>34418410
Winchester Series by David Lund - more down to earth, neighbors/friends have bug out plans. Some work others don't, big emphasis on radios and climbing/getting reception.
The Undead World Series by Peter Meredith - I liked it for about the first 7 books but then it got old quickly. Pretty standard zombies but has a lot more emphasis on personal survival and what a person is worth. New currency is gas, ammo or food and shit gets traded in large scales between groups that have assumed control.
The Remaining Series by D.J. Molles - each state has a "designated survivor" who at any time gets the call to enter their special bunker at their house and do nothing for a pre-determined amount of time. After the time has eslasped they get their orders and exit the bunker. Each state has a series of pre-cached large scale supplies the survivor will have access to so as to distribute and help after a mass event has happened.
Area 187 - Almost Hell by Eric R. Lowther - a "Necrotic virus" hits West Virginia and DHS/Military are able to quarantine the state. 7 years later the area is a giant conspiracy theory location behind the massive defensive walls and fortifications. Like stalker, men slip into the Area to loot or retrieve items for individuals.
Surviving the Dead Series by James Cook - cant remember lot of it but I know they deal with a lot of gang type violence and religious fanatic types in the Zombie world.
>>
Adding to my own thread, but Zombie Squad sometimes has some good fiction as does AR15.com.
>>
>>34417229
>>34417236

Who else remembers when he was still writing Raptorman.us and updating regularly?
>>
>>34408671
I remember reading about one book where the premise is a group of soldiers attempting to return back to America from Afghanistan in a SHTF scenario. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>34419504
Not a clue. I remember reading this one and it was a US military group in the jungles somewhere and they had lost contact with their ship and so they were going to try and sail back to the us and figure out what was going on. I don't remember the name though.
>>
>>34419512
Shit, that's sound breddy gud too
>>
>>34419531
I enjoyed it. I think it's over on Arfcom. If you look up ar15.com finished work you should get a link to the finished stories over there.
>>
>>34416196
>What about post acpocolypic corn and potato yields and the future of animal husbandry in the face of disrupted feed supply?

Do what I did- download the ag yield and livestock feed requirements from the National Academies Press, then figure out the potential productivity of any nearby acreage you could possibly gain access to. If you're gonna LARP, do it constructively.
>>
>>34418534
Seconding DJ Molles / The Remaining.

Fourth book dragged a little but I've been plowing through these. Definitely a guilty pleasure series.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.