[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your experiences with websites like Gunbroker? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Unknown.png (5KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
5KB, 296x170px
What are your experiences with websites like Gunbroker? What are some other websites to buy guns off of?
>>
>>34407385
>order sp1 type upper
>it's a diemaco
Buying online is pointless if you have a decent LGS.
>>
>>34407403
Because not being reemed for every shekel is just stupid, right?

If a lgs will match price, or at least throw in some extra mags, maybe, but that's fucking rare.
>>
>>34407385
I was sitting on a SCAR that nobody was bidding on, had 1 hour left. fuckers relisted it before I could bid. I have a feeling a lot of them use dummy accounts to pump up prices to. I'd know, I used to do it on ebay.
>>
>>34407533
Buy now section
Look for gun stores with stock they can't move

Ya, not as big of savings, but you'll still get 15% off typical local prices, and for a new fun.
>>
>>34407385
>bought an M1a walnut stock
>1300 on gun broker
>couldn't believe it was so cheap, usually retail for 1600+
>too good to be true, claimed factory new
>bought it anyway
>came in the mail to ffl
>ffl asked how much I paid
>told him
>max jelly he couldn't believe it either, showed him purchase order
>gun is actually brand new, fully functioning everything matching and all

10/11 would buy again
>>
File: Screenshot_20170630-154913.png (119KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170630-154913.png
119KB, 1440x2560px
>>34407385
I love gunbroker
>>
>>34407385
no gunbroker is a horrible website all u guys need to stay off of there
>>
>>34407683
I got a great deal off it.
>>
Just sold a gun on there today. Buy and sell here and there. Some good deals to be had if you know how to set your search parameters and keep an eye on things.

>tfw ~2 years ago bought a S&W target barrel (model 41 semi-auto pistol) for $30 IIRC that i sold for $350 on eBay.

You can find things like that. Some luck, some just navigating the search system. Their ASP backend is pretty crappy and the search system isn't worth a fuck.
>>
>>34407549

This is one of my favorite guys for new/nos stuff:

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=1729326
>>
I've never used EBay or any online auction sites so I'm not too familiar with the bidding format.
Do you have to pay per bid?
>>
>>34410017
no that would be retarded
>>
>>34410017

Pay per bid is only for those scammy penny auction websites.

gunbroker and ebay are free, though ebay has turned into Little China in the past 5 years or so
>>
File: Pic-09182016-001.jpg (297KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pic-09182016-001.jpg
297KB, 1600x1200px
>>34410077
Dubs of truth- can confirm, there used to be a huge market for straight razors. Now, it's harder to find little sellers to buy from, and hard to sell in general (unless you have a huge shop).
Ebay has some pretty steep fees, and paypal has their own fees as well. It's what has run me out of the hobby as a seller.
>>
>>34407385
Pretty good. It really depends on the seller, not gunbroker itself.
>>
>>34409698

Their search system is horrible. You have to use specific tags for guns, like "Glock 19", in order to get the most auctions for a product, but there's no way to add tags. If you don't use tags, you'll get a lot of unrelated bullshit, like that faggot that sells overpriced P64s with "Makarov" in the auction title in order to trick people into thinking P64s are Makarovs.

>>34407549

Buy Now is the only reason why I use Gunbroker.
>>
>>34410459

Then you get the cocksuckers that do the whole:

NOT AR15 AK47 M16 UZI MAC ETC

I would love to take all of those people, put them in a room, and just smack the shit out of each and every one of them.
>>
>>34410077

Can you even get anything legitimate on Ebay anymore? I swear Ebay has become a dumping ground for Chinese companies to pawn off their bootlegs.
>>
>>34407385
I run a Gunbroker account with 800 positive feedback, shipping out 10-15 orders per day. It's a terrible website.
>>
>>34411082

How bad is it from the seller's end?
>>
>>34407385
I don't like their buyer protection policy. It's not quite as reassuring as Paypal/ebay's. There's a $100 deductible and they'll only cover up to $500 on a claim. I bought a surplus handgun I've been eyeing through there, and it was a smooth transaction. But because of gunbroker's fraud policy, I'd be reluctant to buy from someone with little feedback, or buying a big ticket item.
>>
>>34407683
Yes, they need to stop bidding on shit I want!
>>
Completely satisfied after purchasing and selling.
>>
>>34411050

you can from people like me who mostly sell used goods.

but that's about it senpai.

>>34411107

Not him but it's pretty fucking dated. It's less advanced and refined than eBay's system 10 years ago when I first started selling on eBay as a teenager in HS.
>>
>>34411278
yea it is kinda lame how theres no messaging system so if u ask someone a question you have to check your email for the response
>>
Consistently more expensive for a buyer and more lucrative for a seller from what I've seen for surp compared to getting amazing deals off of local idiots/Armslist/estate sales. Like a few other anons said, you can get good deals if you know where and how to look, but more often than not it's idiots vastly overestimating what their gun is worth and peckerhead turboniggers setting bullshit reserves and then getting pissy when their stuff doesn't sell.
>>
>>34411050

I thought eBay was where /arg/ got their stolen valor BUIS
>>
>>34411050
eBay has some deals to be found if you have the patience to drudge through all the generic listings. I managed to find a new Israeli holster for $20 with free shipping that sold for $70 or $80 on Zahal.
>>
>>34407385
I've bought some accessory's off there, but its not often that you find the best prices there. Might be a good place to look for obscure firearms....maybe.
>>
File: 1497116574463.jpg (26KB, 251x414px) Image search: [Google]
1497116574463.jpg
26KB, 251x414px
>>34410482
HELL YES!
>>
I buy optics off gunbroker for like 50% of what they're actually worth, nobody looks at optics.
>>
>>34411806
Do tell me more. Pics?
>>
Gunbroker linked me to an online dealer with great prices who does local pickup out of his house.
>>
>>34411806
Care to recommend a budget red dot?
>>
I've bought 3 guns from gun broker. All of the sellers I bought from were legit, although one didn't contact me with a tracking number when he shipped out my gun and I was worried it wasn't actually sent since I couldn't get a hold of him. Arrived at my door (03 ffl) like 2 weeks later due to some weather delay.

GB's system and rules are pretty shit though. I wouldn't buy anything from anyone sketchy, and I would only pay with CC, since with any other forms there is no guarantee you'll get your money back if the deal goes sideways.
>>
>>34412548
aren't any good deals up atm, but I've gotten a SWFA SS 3-15 scope for $400 plus shipping, and they retail for $700 Also got a trijicon srs02 for $560 that had the internal reflection problem. sent it back to trijicon and they fixed it so I basically got a non-shitty SRS for half price

>>34412737
Holosun hs510c has a better reticule than eotech, but they don't undergo torture tests ~$200-300
Vortex Venom ~$150-200 (vortex also makes a scope called the venom, it was a shitty name choice)
Trijicon MROs occasionally for ~$300
Used trijicon SRS's for like $500. They will usually have internal reflections because trijicon fucked up the anti-reflective coating. You can just ask trijicon to RMA it and they apply the non-shitty coating.
>>
>>34412816
Are any of the really cheap red dots like Primary Arm's $90 micro dot worth getting? I have seen good reviews, but I am skeptical.
>>
File: webley.jpg (586KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
webley.jpg
586KB, 2448x3264px
>>34407385

So my only experiences off of it are buying on their website but from a company.

For instance, I've bought a 15$ sling on Gunbroker.com, but from some surp company.

I also bought a Mk VI Webley (pic related) for 505$ because the auction got slept on, but it was from a gunstore (great experience with them).

Private party is probably fine, stick to well-reviewed users and you'll be fine.
>>
>>34412846
Yes the primary arms dot is great for the price, my buddy has one on his shotgun. It's not very bright though.
>>
>>34412878
>>34412816
Thanks for the info. I might just go for the PA since I'm a cheap prick, but I will also consider the Vortex Venom.
>>
>>34407385
You can go a long fucking ways and have great reviews and experiences, but one fuckup and a dickhead at the end of that fuckup will shut down your account faster than you can apologize if you can't afford to fix it.

FUCK YOU GUNPLUMBER, FUCK YOU.
>>
>>34410459
Don't forget.
>223 (1)
>223 rem (1)
>.223 rem (6)
>556 (1)
>5.56 NATO (15)
>5.56x45 (3)
User populated tags were a mistake.
>Buy Now is the only reason why I use Gunbroker.
Also this. You are truly mah nigguh.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.