[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.223 Wlde ammo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ar upper.png (51KB, 600x205px) Image search: [Google]
ar upper.png
51KB, 600x205px
looking at getting a .223 Wylde upper, 18" S/S, 1/8 twist.
Questions: what grain, and, should I spend the $ for 'match' ammo, i.e. Black Hills?
TIA
>>
>>34405172

1/8 twist are best at 62-65 grain loads, so I've heard. You're in a cozy zone of twist rates. you should be able to shoot everything decently. Where'd you get your upper from?
>>
Why go with Wylde over a .556?
>>
>>34405535
Wylde is optimised to work well with .223 and 5.56 where as a full on 5.556 or .223 only seems to do well with it's designated calibre.
>>
>>34405541
Yeah, so they say. I've honestly never seen a difference between .223 and 5.56 in my 5.56 upper. And the cost difference between the two rounds is negligible anymore. Seems to me that Wylde chambered uppers/weapons always went for a premium when compared to straight .223 or 5.56
>>
>>34405535
Why would you not go Wylde?
>>
>>34405541
>where as a full on 5.556 or .223 only seems to do well with it's designated calibre
memelore to get you to buy into .223 Wylde. A 5.56 barrel shoots .223 just as good as 5.56.
>>
>>34405566
Really? I heard the change in cartridge space/ pressure led to extraction/cycling issues. Was I actually being memed?
>>
>>34405172
.223 Wylde is not a cartridge. It's a chambering designed to make the best of both worlds.
>>
>>34405574
If reliability was your fear, you were, in fact, getting memed.

There's more substance to the accuracy debate, however, provided equal quality in manufacturing of any two given barrels.
>>
>>34405574
Yes you've been meme'd. The difference is negligible and most if not all premium loads are in 5.56 anyways.
>>
>>34405574
Do some independent research on the dimensions of the chamber and the cartridge for both .223 and 5.56. You'll see why Wylde is a sham. This shit ain't Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it's easy to see. The projectile enters the chamber the same in each, but the shoulder angle of the casing is slightly different. The 5.56 is also loaded to a much higher pressure specification. The two rounds aren't interchangeable, but you can shoot .223 safely and accurately from a 5.56 barrel
>>
>>34405596
Yeah it's comparable to shooting .38 special out of a .357 magnum revolver.
>>
>>34405535
From what I have heard, the Wylde has the chamber sizing of .223 and is rated for the higher pressures of 5.56. Unless you are a bench rest comeptition handload shooter, you will not see a difference. Twist rate, rifling type and barrel quality are more important in determining base accuracy.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if the Wylde barrels were actually just 5.56 barrels with ".223 Wylde" stamped into them and a higher price tag attached
>>
>>34405566
My 5.56 shoots .223 like shit. 3MOA on avg.
That's why I want something more 'precision'
>>
File: confused1.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
confused1.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>34405580
I know that.
>>
>>34406218
Stop buying shit ammo and use a scope mount that isn't dogshit?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.