[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BRASS SHOTSHELLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: remington-brass12.jpg (119KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
remington-brass12.jpg
119KB, 600x661px
Im new to shotguns altogether. So I was wondering, how good are Brass Shotgun shells and do they work in modern weapons? If I had a bunch of 12 gauge shotgun shells, could I load it into a spas12 or an AA12?
>>
>>34402220
Yes they should work if the overall length is the same.
>>
>>34402220
I wonder how hey would hold up in a stick or drum mag for my Vepr, would they deform after a while?
So close OP you huge fag
>>34402222
>>
>>34402279
What?
>>
>>34402220
>>34402279
if the ends aren't crimped like the one in your photo (as in, it's an empty case) it might not feed into the gun.

or if you loaded your own and glued a piece of paper over the top instead of crimping the top in, the OAL might be too long
>>
I bought a bunch of these Ducks Unlimited shells (spent casings) as I was going to reload them, put them in a leather shell belt/holder and keep them with a coach gun I had. Then I sold off the coach gun. Never got the belt. Will find a good old used one in Europe as I see them often. Still have the shells though.

Would not use in modern weapons other than break action, double barrel
>>
>>34403366
Why the fuck not? Its what they used in ww1 with the trench gun.
>>
>>34402220
A lot of autoloaders won't feed them because the lack of crimp may force them against the chamber instead of sliding onto it.

Also autoloader are pretty rood to brass, would you really wanna put expensive Shells in there?

There's no real reason for brass Shotgun cases in this day and age, but they are aesthetic as fuck, load them in a coach gun wearing a bunch on a leather belt with a single action army by your side.
>>
>>34403493
Shtf
Will basically last forever.
>>
>>34402311
>What?
Plastic shells are deformed by the pressure needed to feed them as the gun cycles. I hope you understand my question now.
>>34402417
>if the ends aren't crimped like the one in your photo......
They seem to be well rounded like normal shells though. I guess I should breakdown and buy a box for testing. I would love to be able to count on my Vepr 12g for home defense but as things stand with shells warping it's just out of the question.
>>34403493
>A lot of autoloaders won't feed them because the lack of crimp may force them against the chamber instead of sliding onto it.
Do you have any experience with the AK body semi auto shotguns anon? Not trying to be a dick, just wonder what you base that opinion on. If you have tried these shells in a Saiga or Vepr 12g semiauto and had problems tell us about it.
>>34403493
>There's no real reason for brass Shotgun cases in this day and age, but they are aesthetic as fuck......
If I could load up a few 10 round stick mags or a couple drum mags and be comfortable they would cycle after sitting for a few months or maybe longer I would consider that a hell of a good reason for them.
>>
File: HPIM0692.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0692.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>34402220
Pretty much all you need right here.
>>
>>34404988
Really want to know where I can get one of these kits. It's like a Lee loader but for shotgun shells and I love it
>>
>>34404650
i don't think the shells would actually deform from sitting in the magazine for a long time anyway
>>
>>34405530
Regular off the shelf shot shells deform in a few days in my stick mags so I don't know what magic plastic shells you know of that hold throe rpound over time bucko.
>>
>>34405519
Not a kit. Bought the 12ga seating tool and measure on ebay. made the 20ga seating tool myself. Buy the wads from log Cabin Shop. The ice pick pops out boxer or berdan primers.
>>
>>34405519
>It's like a Lee loader but for shotgun shells
Lee did make Lee Loader's for shotgun shells. It has been awhile though.
>>
>>34403720
>Reload brass shells to infinity!
Idiot.
>>
>>34404988
i should really do that, i have a powder measure like that, some black powder, some brass shells and a couple antique shotguns i've never fired.
>>
File: BP Shotgun Loads.jpg (107KB, 1019x999px) Image search: [Google]
BP Shotgun Loads.jpg
107KB, 1019x999px
>>34407475
Oh man, it's so easy and it's fun too. The smoke when you let go on both barrels. Depending on you shells you might have trouble locating primers but I have always been able to find both boxer and berdan in the right sizes. Gives those old damascus beauties a new lease on life.
>>
>>34406972
Just melt them when they became shitty
>>
>>34408985
I just take the to the range and throw them in the air for the peasants to fight over them
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.