[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving with guns. Advice needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8320.jpg (162KB, 1448x1448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8320.jpg
162KB, 1448x1448px
So I'm finally getting the hell out of NJ and going to work in Oklahoma. Our car will be too packed (toddler, dog) to fit my guns in it. Any experience with professional movers and guns? Any recommendations for how to box and package my guns? I was also going to take pictures and record serial numbers for all my firearms too.
>>
move them yourself or be all right with them being stolen, lost, or damaged. Strap them securely in innocuous cases to the roof of your car. Rent a trailer. Rent 15 seater from Uhaul and drive separate. Fly your wife and kid to OK separately and use the extra space. For the love of guns, don't trust strangers with your firearms.

T. Anon who has had shit lost and stolen during moves by movers
>>
Get a gun vault/safe if you have anyone else move them. Load it in the truck first before movers get there, cover it up real good.
>>
99% of moving companies will not move guns or ammo. Put them in your car, well out of reach, sight, and access.

You can get away with empty magazines, just don't tell them what they are; they're books once they enter a sealed box and belong in the office.
>>
>>34401086
Arent the movers on the hook for that? Wouldn't the atf get involved?
>>
Mail them to yourself by ground shipping through usps. You can only ground ship. Do not include ammo in the mail, as I believe that is prohibited.
>>
Either make room and ship some less valuable items instead or contact an FFL.
>>
>>34400964
Do you trust anyone alone with your guns? Of course you don't. Just like your wife's jewelry, don't use movers for anything you aren't willing to risk losing or breaking. Like others have suggested, consider renting a vehicle to transport more of your stuff or fly your family to OK ahead of you.
>>
File: ballhitch.jpg (9KB, 259x194px)
ballhitch.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>34400964
>going to work in Oklahoma.
Police-state. God awful. I lived in Mcalester and Wilburton. I'll never live in that horrible place ever again.

Constantly get stopped, searched, etc. I had a ballhitch on my ford ranger, and was constantly stopped by Mcalester cops and searched. Never had issue with it in any other state.

OP. If you're moving there, keep an attorney on retainer. They'll do anything to get you booked. I since moved to Texas, never been stopped once here.
>>
>>34400964
>wife
>you
>dog
>toddler
Sounds like there's still plenty of room for your guns. Why not have the company move the items that *would* have gone where the guns are instead of paying strange Mexicans, white trash and niggers handle them?

>>34401402
Even so, it's still not worth the risk assuming the company is willing to do it in the first place after you tell them they're moving firearms (which makes the police report when one gets stolen much easier).
>>
>>34400964
Do not let a moving company near your guns or they will be stolen! Seriously rent a separate car anything but letting a moving company touch your guns.
>>
>>34401504
Maybe because you were driving around without a license plate.
>>
>>34400964
Most movers will not move firearms (at least knowingly) due to all the scary legal stuff involved.

Put the guns in some good hard cases and then mail them to yourself at the new location. Still run the risk of someone stealing the package but at least you can insure it.

Really though do your damnedest to travel with them.

GRATS ON LEAVING KEKJERSY!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.