[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to CA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: california posters.jpg (188KB, 1972x892px) Image search: [Google]
california posters.jpg
188KB, 1972x892px
Anything I need to know about moving with my guns to CA? I know theres a magazine capacity limit on handguns but I don't know if the guns that are sold for CA compliance are physically different or if I can just swap out my full cap mags for the 10 rounds

Any advice, save "don't move to commiefornia" would be very much appreciated.
>>
>moving to ca

Enjoy gun laws worse than multiple European countries.
>>
>>34395832
Don't fucking do it.
Are you fucking stupid?
Comifornia is a shit state.
>>
I've lived here for years and the gun laws are getting out of god damn hand
>>
File: 1476941138366.jpg (56KB, 720x676px) Image search: [Google]
1476941138366.jpg
56KB, 720x676px
>>34395832
>Moving to CA
>>
Anyone stupid enough to move to CA deserves what they get here.
Only 2 more years in this hell for me.
>>
>>34396363
You have to report all of you firearms to the gov.
10 round mag cap.
Illegal to import any magazine, even disassembled that is not permanently fixed to 10 or less rounds.
Cannot buy ammo online
Ammo requires background check soon
Look up current "assault weapon" laws and if you have one make it featureless before you enter the state
Calguns had pretty good legal sections on this stuff and all future shit hole laws. Hope the money is worth it.
>>
>>34396343
>local news stations shilling the San Bernardino bullet button meme
>despite the fact that the shooters modified their guns to not have a bullet button

As for advice for OP, just hope that Ginsburg croaks and the Supreme Court bitch slaps the circuit courts for allowing this faggotry to continue unabated.
>>
>>34396397
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article123844534.html
These are just the new ones
>>
>>34396397
>Ammo requires background check
Didn't the FBI tell CA to fuck off?
>>
>>34396397

So it is basically like the gun laws in puerto rico
cops even follow you home if you buy more than 2 boxes of ammo.

only 1 out of 100 people get approved a carry licenses (by a court judge) and it cost 1000 dollars

home owners license is easier but you cannot take your gun out of the house unless it is to a shooting range (the gun has to be driven in the car trunk)
>>
>>34396397
>Hope the money is worth it.
It never is because despite what nigger music may lead one to believe the C stands for cost of living, not coastline.
>>
OP what you should do is look up the CA DOJ roster of approved handguns and get a bunch of pistols that are legal to own but not on it.

Yes even Saturday night specials like .40/.45 Hi-Points, Raven, etc. They all sell fir 2-3x going rate because they are scarce now. 4th gen glocks go for 1k+, especially the single stack 9mm one. H&K VP9s and HK45s are like gold but the cost/profit ratio isn't as high.

Ideally get a Manurhin MR-73 and then hit me up. I'd pay good money for that shit. That's my unicorn gun.
>>
>>34396501
It depends where. If you're anywhere near megacity 2 or 3 you better be making at least 50k. That's enough for a room in a crack den. 100k you might be able to afford a studio.

Alternatively you can live in a sprawl, but every 5 miles of commute is 15-30 minutes one-way depending on direction of travel/traffic patterns and your work schedule. For any significant savings on rent expect to spend 2-4 hours a day driving.

Oh yeah also gas is 3-4$ a gallon because state taxes. I hope your car gets at least 25-35 mpg.
Oh also it better have a high enough suspension to clear curbs because there are 3-6in deep potholes everywhere because the roads haven't been maintained in living memory.
Also your job becomes your life because if you suddenly lose it mid-lease you're fucked. There's a lot of petty SJW highschool tier politics. NETWORK WITH EVERYONE YOU CAN TOLERATE. Learn to see when it's time to jump ship and do it often till you find something good.
>>
>>34396578
Not the guy you are replying to but that sounds like hell
>>
>>34395832
The guns are not physically different you can just swap out the mags for 10 rounders or pin the ones you have to 10 rounds.
>>
>>34395832
No pistol grips on centerfire semi autos, if you have any, make sure to get a kydex wrap for the grip. Things with non detachable mags are exempted from this (sks, m1 garand, ect.) Also no flash hiders, muzzle brakes and compensators are ok though. Also get ready for anyone who finds out you own one to immediately fear for their life - the fudds and stranded /k/ommandos.
>>
>>34396509
>Manurhin MR-73
>not just finding a gunsmith willing to remove trigger parts to make it single action only, do the transfer, and reinstall the double action parts

Revolverfags still have the single action exemption and none of them seem to be using it...
>>
>>34395832
> I don't know if the guns that are sold for CA compliance are physically different

They're sold for compliance with dealer safety requirements.

You can bring along as many CA-noncompliant handguns as you like and make a shit ton of money. Gen 4 Glocks, VP9s, off-roster Sigs go for $800-$1200...
>>
SoCal here -

Enjoy:

Getting taxed out the ass on everything
Your taxes going to absolute nonsense
Liberals everywhere
Out of staters who move in and act snobby as fuck as if they own everything and have grown up there
traffic. fucking. everywhere.
crime and your car broken into even though you live in a nice area - people from ghetto areas love visiting the nice neighborhoods to get their gibs.
Mexican youth trying to start shit all the time for no reason
more taxes
Having to spend a shitload of money on rent to be in a safe area or living in somewhat sketchiness and paying out the ass but somewhat at a discount.
More traffic
What was once nice beaches, are now overrun with border trash and their families

Have Fun! It was a nice state to grow up in until Obama got into office and everyone took the blue pill and fucked everything up.

Beautiful state that is just shitty to live due to leftist policies that are just going to get worse due to 'sticking it to Trump'. I'm so glad I'm moving the fuck out of this state and never giving it any more of my shekels
>>
>>34396397
>look up California gun laws
>realize Cali is a country in a country
Why can't they just secede from the union already. Would be beautiful to annex Cali and dump all of our convicts in there with a 30' border wall around Cali.

Hell, give Mexicans citizenship to build the Cali wall.
>>
Register to vote. Preferably Democrat. Then send letters to all of your representatives telling them you are not cool with gun control legislation. Then go to the polls and vote for anyone who is pro-2A. Check the NRA website for their record (but be aware that in CA you'll rarely find a candidate who doesn't give lip service to "universal background checks" and "common sense gun control" in any party)
>>
>>34397371
>Letting the objectively best, most beautiful, progressive and richer state secede
Flawless mentality, Cletus.
>Replying to a flyover state citizen in the first place
My bad.
>>
>>34397255
My buddy in CA who is big into guns told me the same thing. He wants me to bring him some stuff when I move back there. Which are the best options to stock up on?

>>34397316
Thank God I'm going NorCal or bust. Used to live in Orange County. It was nice but I always felt trapped there. Nowhere to really "escape" to when need be. Lots of those problems are solved once you go up past San Francisco.
But knowing all those taxes go toward retarded liberal policy really grinds my gears... oh well what can you do? Still one of the most naturally beautiful places on earth. Still wouldn't trade it for even the freest gun policies.
Just gotta do the right thing and stick it out. CA can be changed once the new generation of leaders get in power. Feinstein is pretty much done for anyway and it won't be as hard to get pro-2nd legislation without her clout around to stop it.
>>
>>34397405
is this even a viable option? I think I heard about a democrat gun rights group who try not to be as obnoxious about guns as the NRA are but honestly even if I was a dem I wouldn't take them seriously at all. I can only imagine the lack of care actual democrat policymakers have for them.
>>
>>34396423
They told Nevada to fuck off, not sure about california
>>
>>34397457
California's wealth depends on trade with the rest of the union and out of state water. If they left they'd become Liberia in five years or less.
>>
>>34397529
It's horrible. I'm so glad that I get to go up North as much as I can to visit family. It's getting unbearable down here. (Irvine my entire life). I'm moving back to TX when my lease is up. This state is done, and the final stake in the heart will be Newsome in charge.
>>
>>34396423
The ammo bgc isn't going to be done by the FBI, rather than CADOJ. CADOJ, like most POC states, already does more BGC when buying firearms in additional to NICS
>>
>>34397255
You can only sell 5 handguns a year though
>>
>>34397560
hey I lived in the back bay, I definitely know the sentiment buddy. Texas is a great place if you can handle the heat (I personally can't) so best of luck cowboy
>>
>>34397551
>He actually believes this
The rest of the US is much more dependent on Cali's tech economy and wealth than vice versa. Meanwhile the US is going back into retarded policies, California is making deals with foreign countries and exporting its know-how while receiving sweet foreign investments. At the same time that keeps moving forward with social welfare, equity and progressive society where there's no place to prejudice.
>>
>>34397731

>Welfare
>A good thing
>>
>>34395832
Don't move to California. It's literally Babylon.
>>
>>34396397
>Cannot buy ammo online
Wrong. You still can (outside of 3 or 4 counties) until 2018, and then you will be able to with a C&R License+COE.
>>
>>34395832
Hi, OP. Actual CA gun owner here. These California threads are always filled with fudd FUD. Here's the real story:

Don't worry about the oft-misunderstood handgun roster. It's a list of guns that it's legal to BUY at retail in California, not a list of guns it's legal to OWN in California. If you legally bought a handgun in another state, you can bring it into California completely legally, and you do not have to modify it in any way. And no, you don't have to "report all of your firearms" to the state government.

In the law, any magazines over ten rounds are illegal. Unlike the roster thing, in this case it is illegal to own magazines over ten rounds, not just to buy them. In practice, millions of people here own high capacity magazines anyway - some pre-ban, some bought in other states (gun shops in Vegas and Reno know better than to ask a lot of questions when people they've never seen before buy high-capacity magazines for cash). The 10 rounders just become your range magazines, and your high-capacity mags become your SHTF magazines. Keep in mind, I'm not telling you to break the law - I'm just telling you that lots of people do, and as long as they keep them discreetly under the bed, legal troubles are very rare.

There really is no statewide CCW policy, and how hard it is to get one varies wildly from county to county. There are counties where it's virtually impossible to get one right next to ones where it's trivially easy (Contra Costa vs. Sacramento, or San Bernardino vs. LA). Look up your county and see what it's like.

As for the ammo background check thing - it's probably going to be tied up in court for a while. It's already nearly July, and the massive database and ID card system that the state will need in place by January if this law is going to go into effect has apparently not even begun to be put together yet, so that gives you an idea of what the state thinks the realistic chances of it getting past the courts are.
>>
>>34397232
That gun is very tightly fitted so I'm not 100% sure it would be a viable solution.
>>
>>34397816
>As for the ammo background check thing - it's probably going to be tied up in court for a while
The 9th circuit has gone full commie without even a pretense of judicial integrity. So I doubt it'll be held up for too long. Last real court victory we had was AB962 and that was before opposition had solidified after sandy vagina. Everything will go to en banc now, there's no chance of any favorable outcome.
>>
>>34397785
>Having a safety net that people can rely on difficult times
>Bad
We can talk again when you leave your parent's house, you privileged little prick.
>>
>>34397857
The 9th jerkit court of schlemeils is not the last word on the subject, however. It'll probably go to SCOTUS, and we'll see what happens then.
>>
>>34397870
>Having a safety net that you can work your fingers to the bone to pay for so immigrants, niggers, and layabouts can sponge off it from cradle to grave

ftfy
>>
>>34397948
>Nig****
Go away you racist and bigoted prick. Post reported.
>>
>>34397935
They just waffled on two perfect cases from CA this week. Ain't shit happening. The last ray of hope was extinguished.
>>
>>34398021
suck start a shotgun newfag
>>
>>34397529
>Feinstein is pretty much done for anyway and it won't be as hard to get pro-2nd legislation without her clout around to stop it.

We need Pelosi to go away, too. Her and Feinstein will both probably be replaced by Dems, but they'll be rookies. Like you mentioned, they won't have the same horsepower as the Old Guard.

Boxer's already gone, I expect Harris to fuck up by the numbers at some point and get indicted. She's got too much Leland Yee ethic for that not to happen.

You know, we could start a massive grassroots social media campaign- Newsome for Senator in 2018 (or whenever Feinstein comes due). The point isn't to get him elected, it's to muddy the waters and hamstring his gubernatorial bid. If he has to spend any time at all explaining that he's not running for Senate, the voters are going to react to that. We can feed that with confusing and contradictory campaign messages. Just because the election is rigged doesn't mean he has to win.
>>
>>34398041
>The last ray of hope was extinguished.
They have virtually identical cases from other states coming up soon. They can't take a dozen cases that are all basically the same, so they'll refuse to take all but one of them, and then rule on that one. That's just how the Supreme Court works. Stop falling for the "all hope is lost" meme - I keep hearing concern trolls say that stuff now that Trump is President, and then some more winning happens.
>>
>>34398070
>Telling someone to commit suicide
Enjoy prison, you clearly have mental health issues so I won't continue talking to you. Again, post reported.
>>
>>34397731
You blew it, Shareblue. First of all, our value to the rest of the country lies predominantly in our extractives and agriculture. Silicon Valley is a nice bonus, but it's already been migrating to friendlier states for a while now.

Your social welfare/progressive bullshit pretty much stops at the city limits of LA, SF, and Sac. You legislatively impose that crap on the rest of us, and then wonder why this state is going broke. WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR YOUR RETARDATION, FUCKWIT.

Will you and all of the other snowflakes please hurry up and secede? We're all ready to stand up the State of Jefferson and petition for admission to the Union. And you can get your own goddam water, you tax-fattened hyena. You got a whole ocean full of it, right next door.
>>
>>34396509
The best thing he can do in terms of cost effectiveness is bring a bunch of stripped lowers with him and register them as pistols. It will instantly turn that $40 lower into a $400 lower.

This is the form to fill out.
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/ab991frm.pdf

>>34397816
>And no, you don't have to "report all of your firearms" to the state government.
I thought you did if you're a new resident? Sauce?
>>
>>34398197
There's kind of a loophole.
basically there's no way to be punished for not doing it.
"failing to file" has zero ramifications when bringing guns you already own into the state.
>>
File: 1497233263659.gif (80KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497233263659.gif
80KB, 720x480px
>>34397457
>this level of delusion
>>
>>34398159
You dumbfuck, enjoy your ban.
>>
>>34397633
I can take the humidity. It's still the price to pay to be able to afford to buy a house and not get butt fucked by CA. thank you sir!
>>
>>34398159
My offer still stands, fag
>>
>>34398197
>I thought you did if you're a new resident? Sauce?
How exactly am I supposed to source a law *not* existing?
>>
>>34395832
Why would you move to California? If you're dead set on it, just sell all of your guns, die your hair, and cut off your dick. You'll fit in better.
>>
>amazing coastlines
>Some of the most beautiful wilderness in the country
>mild climate year round
>used to be conservative as fuck

This state should be amazing, but instead the liberal politicians from sf and la backed by their hordes of gibbe illegals fuck over the rest of the state. Rather than actually trying to deal with the states real problems they just pass their yearly feel good gun laws and jerk each other off. The sad thing is this is going to happen to every border state in the next 20 years
>>
>>34398447
>used to be conservative as fuck
The thing is, most of it still *is* conservative as fuck. Look at an electoral map of California by county, and you'll see an ocean of red with deep blue dots of the San Francisco, LA, and Sacramento metroplexes. It's not Mendocino or Porterville that's sending Nancy Pelosi to Washington. We're just slaves on the plantation - the Big Houses in the Bay Area and LA make the rules.
>>
>>34398159
You're obviously very new here, otherwise you wouldn't be so egregiously violating Rule 3 and Rule 7.

Are you really here to discuss weapons?
>>
>>34398513
Only the far north. Anywhere with access to asians or mexicans is blue. This last election orange county went blue for the first time since FDR was in office. It was the last holdout in socal
>>
>>34398592
Thanks to Santa Ana
>>
>>34398536
Clearly he's not
Probably some faggot off of /pol/ or leddit that's just discovered the "/k/ is the easiest board to troll" meme
Report him after we dumpster his ass
>>
>>34398409
The law does exist. California Penal Code section 27560. You claimed it doesn't.
>>
>>34398159
You need to fuck off and die , how about them apples fuckhole!
>>
dont move to CA you fucking wannabe faggot
>>
>>34399067
>how about them apples

It's probably been close to 40 years since I've heard that. If I mention the beer barrel polka, are you going to have that tune stuck in your head for the rest of the day? Remember Cal Worthington?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.