[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A barrel profile so retarded, only the government could have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 985190.jpg (29KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
985190.jpg
29KB, 880x660px
A barrel profile so retarded, only the government could have designed it.

That said, what is the best barrel profile?
>>
>not understanding the amount of work that goes into designing a barrel profile.
Go jerk off to Gucci super pencil thin barrels on /arg/
t. engineer for Savage
>>
>>34393518
bull barrel
>>
File: 1426128958462.jpg (25KB, 372x444px) Image search: [Google]
1426128958462.jpg
25KB, 372x444px
>>34393539

>not understanding the amount of work that goes into designing something as stupid as govt profile barrels
>>
>>34393518
Whatever barrel is lead lapped and the jacketed.
>>
>>34393581
>not understanding that the gov'ts #1 priority isn't accuracy
>not understanding they have other concerns like retards bending the muzzle end of the gun when playing around with the bayonet.
>not understanding that they designed the profile with everything else in mind and stuck with the most cost effective method that works for 99.9% of uses the military needs from an AR
>>
>>34393539
>not understanding that making the barrel thicker near the muzzle than near the chamber is intuitively pants on head retarded by every measure
>>
>>34393598
Disregard OP, he doesn't understand why you wouldn't switch guns in your class once you unlock something with a slightly longer damage bar
>>
>>34393518

Hanson from Ballistic Advantage.
>>
>>34393605
>what is balance
>what is handguard fit
>what is not having the handguard melt because you can't properly space it or put headshielding inbetween it and the barrel
>>
>>34393629

I just wish they made them with the option of a FSB. lopro is and always will be a fucking meme
>>
>>34393605

The muzzle is what effects the final flight path of the bullet, so it's where you would want the most mass. This ultimately means less change to the point of impact for the bullet as the barrel heats up.
>>
>>34393632
>adding mass to the wrong end of the gun for the sake of balance
>designing the barrel around the handguard rather than the handguard around the barrel

Ladies and gentlemen, the goberment.
>>
>>34393539
XD

kill yourself desu senpai your company is shit
>>
>>34393658
if you had a teeter totter that was capable of firing 5.56x45mm NATO cartridges, would you want the end that you're sitting on to be all the way on the ground and the muzzle to be pointed waaay up in the air, or would you want a little bit of mass on the other side in order to keep the gun steadier?

you'll get a juice box if you give me the right answer, anon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.