[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you own an assault musket, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Assault-musket-900x675.jpg (149KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Assault-musket-900x675.jpg
149KB, 900x675px
Would you own an assault musket, /k/?
>>
>>34393400
NOT LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA
>>
>>34393410

muskets aren't even legally considered firearms
>>
You mean a Girardoni rifle ?
>>
>>34395220
Doesn't look like the original.
>>
>>34393758
Bullshit.
>>
>>34395495
They aren't. They are not controlled under the GCA nor the NFA. This is true for pretty much any black powder muzzle loading rifle you care to name.

Also, anything produced before 1899 is considered an antique, and is not controlled under the GCA not the NFA, either.
>>
>>34395495
Truth. Blackpowder weapons that are not center fire are classified as antiquities and as such are outside atf jurisdiction. You can purchase cap and ball, flintlock, matchlock, and percussion fired muzzle loaders without any paperwork besides a stack of bills. They're not even that expensive. The only caveat is any black powder firearm designed to be easily converted to center fire and I've only seen a few rifles designed that way.
>>
>>34393758
I need genuine confirmation whether or not I can open cary a musket in CA.

I have always had this dream of slinging around an ornately decorated matchlock arquebus. I need to know that I can.
>>
>>34395495
How about you actually educate yourself before posting faggot?
>>
>>34395585
If loaded it is legally considered a gun
>>
>>34395220
That is a butt plug musket.

t.Butt plugger
>>
>>34395520
>that are not center fire

Really?

So a snider or a martni henry is a firearm in the US even though it is from the 1860s?
>>
>>34395220
nice anon. Very very nice.
>>
>>34396608
"Firearm' is a legal term in the US. A firearm according to us law is anything that fired a fixed cartridge of ammunition; i.e a brass case.

If you have to put powder and a projectile into the bore it is not a firearm.
>>
>>34396254

>Musket

That's an air rifle used by the austrian army and by Lewis and Clark on their expedition.
>>
>>34396657
Okay, so it's a butt plug air rifle.
>>
>>34396640
>"Firearm' is a legal term in the US. A firearm according to us law is anything that fired a fixed cartridge of ammunition; i.e a brass case. If you have to put powder and a projectile into the bore it is not a firearm.

>>34396608
>>that are not center fireReally?So a snider or a martni henry is a firearm in the US even though it is from the 1860s?

They both take CF brass and are from the 1860s/70s so antique.....are they firearms or not in the USA?
>>
>>34396640
Whoa, whoa, hold on there sport.

Nobody listen to this guy.

More than 95% of all crimes are prosecuted under STATE law in the US, not Federal. The Feds cherry-pick interesting cases to bother with, the State prosecutes almost anything where a cop can find probable cause for an arrest.

State laws vary, but most have an exemption for "antique or replica" firearms. Usually this centers on the ignition system, and therefore usually flintlock/matchlock/percussion equals not legally a "firearm." That much is true.

HOWEVER - a lot of (bad) case law says that if you are possessing a "replica" firearm, it must be an actual replica, not JUST "black powder/percussion ignition," and modern accoutrements will kick it right back out of the exempted category. For example, inline muzzleloaders, all the rage for muzzleloader hunting seasons, aren't replicas despite their ignition system, and you can be prosecuted. Same if you add a modern scope to your muzzleloader. In fact, even having a fiber optic front sight has been found to be sufficient to make something no longer an exempt replica. Depends on your state.

Be very careful when talking about "US law" as criminal law consists of 1 set of Federal laws and 50 sets of state laws that can each say very different things.
>>
>>34395585
Im fairly certain its illegal to walk around in public even with replica guns in CA, however i had a buddy who cc'd a blackpowder revolver without a permit and never got in trouble despite numerous run ins with the police
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.