[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 19 vs Sig P320 in SOF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: FX-Hummel-1-670x447.jpg (92KB, 670x447px) Image search: [Google]
FX-Hummel-1-670x447.jpg
92KB, 670x447px
Will SOF units (more specifically Army SOF) make the switch to the P320 or will most of them stick with the Glock 19?
>>
File: Capture-3-660x388.png (398KB, 660x388px) Image search: [Google]
Capture-3-660x388.png
398KB, 660x388px
>>34389890
>will most of them stick with the Glock 19
>>
>>34389890
Who fucking knows? I just hope Marine Recon keeps using those new 1911s because muh history/muh autism
>>
>>34390228
They have already stopped, for the most part.
>>
>>34390291
Raiders main the switch to the Glock 19 a little while ago. Recon, however, still might use the 1911.
>>
>>34390329
made*
>>
>>34389890
Probably. Might take a while if the p320 has teething issues though. Theyre close enough in specs/ability that it's unlikely keeping the g19 will outweigh the benefits of standardizing.
>>
Serious question:
>Why don't they use the G17?
>>
>>34390393
Probably because the Glock 17 is just a little too much gun for 9mm especially considering the Glock 19 is a compact making it easier to CC, which is something a lot of SOF units need to have the ability to do. But it's still big enough to be a general purpose sidearm. The thing I don't get is why the Rangers use the 19 when they don't really need to CC.
>>
>>34390291
Videos of Force training on ranges and flight decks in the past year suggest they're still using the M45A1, at least in training.
>>
>>34390291
yup, massive issues just because someone seriously >>34390228 'ed
>>
>>34390422
>easier to CC, which is something a lot of SOF units need
t. I have no idea what most SOF even does

>I don't get is why the Rangers use the 19
It weighs a little less, is a handy size, takes up a little less room on the belt, which is desirable because most guys will never use it anyway
>>
>>34390726
When certain units like, Army SF, Marine Raiders, SEALs, and of course SMU's like Delta and DEVGRU will do low vis or low profile operations involving close protection, special recon, other shit that the former three probably rarely do, they need to be able to conceal carry in civilian clothing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.