[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Machete fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0218.jpg (23KB, 480x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0218.jpg
23KB, 480x267px
Do Rwandans actually learn to fight with machetes or is it all just fast twitch muscle fighting?
>>
>>34387448
The moment they encounter resistance they will revert to spear chucking or run away.
>>
>>34387448
Passing ancient Chinese masters from 900 B.C. taught them the secret martial art of the way of the machete, and has been passed down for several millenia to it's final form today.
>>
It's not a damn rocket science to hack people to pieces
>>
>africans
>learning
>>
File: IMG_0148.jpg (205KB, 1016x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
205KB, 1016x1024px
>>34387476
I was just curious. Figured that in the heat of the moment if not given some kind of guidance you could end up cutting yourself while butchering villagers
>>
>>34387497
These people hack at everything from bush to crops to meat with their machetes, unlike western urbanites.
>>
>>34387497
If you get used to clearing brush with a machete, you are probably going to be competent enough not to cut yourself. Chopping up unarmed people who aren't fighting back isn't going to be much different.
>>
>>34387479
If it came out that they were aliums that landed and legit built the pyramids and ruled a thriving civilization on the nile but because they are in a non-native atmosphere that destroys the brains of successive generations I would totally believe it. Their backwardness in the face of superior technology and culture could literally have no other origin.
>>
>>34387448
There's a group of guys in one place that run one single school for it, but hoenstly it looks like ecrima or some other filipino shit, I'd just learn it the flips way with sticks so you can use anything
>>
>>34387692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p_NUEn7F_g
Haiti
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (162KB, 1094x926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
162KB, 1094x926px
>>34387692
Yeah I've been thinking about looking into that. Knowing how to fight with sticks or even a staff seems to be the most applicable to the real world. Kata anas and the like should be learned for just entertainment or historical appreciation.
>>
>>34387448
The Gurkha call machete fighting the "Kukri dance" because there is no actual form of fighting for the machete but sparadic, violent swings and chops.
>>
>>34387721
>rose up and defeated Napoleon's army

dude, wat?
>>
>>34387479
Your /pol/ is showing.

Sincerely,
Fellow /pol/
>>
>>34387778
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution
>>
File: hand.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hand.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>34387448
> niggers
> skills
>>
>>34388268
>File: hand.webm (2.03 MB, 640x480)
the fuck is happening ehre?
>>
>>34388268
Meteor 2020, pls.
>>
File: south-africa.jpg (69KB, 618x450px) Image search: [Google]
south-africa.jpg
69KB, 618x450px
>>34388272
>>
>>34387721
grandpa seems to have a good life. Chill, drink rum, slash at motherfuckers with a big knife.
>>
>>34387497
Yeah, maybe a 1% chance if you're drunk or something. How much of a limp-wristed faggot are you?
>>
What are some of the pros/con's of machetes vs kukris
>>
>>34387497
Guess what?

They do cut themselves on accident occasionally.

Mainly because they're drunk/high/stoned/stupid 99% of the time.
>>
>>34388891
machetes are (generally) lighter, have more reach, and are more suitable for grasses and light brush

Kukris are usually shorter, heavier, more durable, and better suited for thicker/harder woods that would likely deflect a machete and potentially hurt the user
>>
File: IMG_0223.jpg (69KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.jpg
69KB, 800x660px
>>34388511
A huge one need mashitty skills to protect my boi pussy
>>
>>34387627

Idiot. Egypt is in north Africa and has no ties with negroid sub Saharan Africans. Just as stupid as the niggers if you think that their claim to Egyptian civilisation holds any merit.
>>
File: 1495850845422.png (37KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
1495850845422.png
37KB, 200x160px
>>34387785

>implying that to be aware of the lack of intelligence of negroids you have to be from /pol/

What's next? You're gonna call him a fascist or a Nazi? My "fellow polack"??? Lol
>>
I have a story to contribute.

I once met a marathon runner from some African hellhole, I can't remember which one. That guy had to flee his country because local militias were after him. The context is a bit unclear, we were talking in english and it wasn't our mothers tongue.

Anyway one day he was running on some forest path when a few guys ambushed him and hit him with sticks and machettes. One got him on the head with a machette but he somehow survived, luckily a local farmer found him and rescued him.
He had a scar on his head but it wasn't very visible, and apparently some minor brain damage, but his head was not split open.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more cases like this. Unmotivated and untrained militias hacking away with dull machettes without worrying about edge alignment.
>>
>>34387448
You know how Hollywood, weebs and """"historical"""" Euro fencing autists claim that sword fighting is an art? Thats all bullshit. Beyond getting fit enough to wield the sword (they're not that heavy anyway) and getting used to the length and balance, there's no art to it. You just swing and hope it hits. But but but muh fancy foot work and feints. No. In battle, you don't go one on one like in duels. You gang up with 10 of your dudes and scrum it up. Hollywood always show people swordfighting one on one in movies because camera angles and composition. Tl;dr in real battles there's no place for fancy swordfighting.
>>
>>34387497
The most important part of using machetes is to be always aware of your followthrough and where the blade continues its arc after striking the object you intended to strike. Accidents happen when awareness of what is behind the object being chopped is lacking. Akward positioning, inappropriate placing of the support hand or foot, erroneous assumptions on the durability of the object being chopped, unawarenes of others nearby, all tend to put thin blades with decent momentum in near or close contact with limbs and unintended body parts.

>tl;dr the four rules also apply to machetes
>>
File: Am Happy.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Am Happy.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>34387476
Is it a rocketing dam science instead?
>>
>>34387469
Like wearing life vests and fighting with lutes?
>>
>>34387721
>those fucking TIMBS
HOLY FUCK NIGGER CULTURE TRULY IS HOMOGENOUS
>>
>>34390151
in a battle you would have shield, so it wasn't swordfighting, it was sword and shield fighting, retard.
>>
>>34390151
>you don't go one on one like in duels. You gang up with 10 of your dudes
This is correct. In battle there is no concerns about any ideas of honor, chivalry or the like, what matters is winning, and overwhelming a couple opponents caught out of position is a good way to gain an advantage in a larger battle.
>there's no art to it
Because edge alignment, timing, situational awareness, understanding of what your target of choice is doing/where his attention is, and everything else are completely irrelevant to melee combat, just like marksmanship, volume of fire, maneuvering, use of cover, and situational awareness are completely irrelevant to modern combat.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.