[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN SHOPS!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 43

File: rsz_img_20170628_101451731.jpg (509KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170628_101451731.jpg
509KB, 2304x1296px
So I've seen plenty of videos and YouTube gun channels where people are always saying that we need to support our local gun shops to improve the gun community. I would be all for it if my local gun shops we're reasonably priced. Most of these places here in Houston in my opinion seem like they try to take advantage of people that don't know much about firearms. This is why I always end up ordering online or going to a big box stores like Academy. How are the gun shops like in your community? Do you support your local gun shops?

Pic very related. Carter's Country gun range and shop.
>>
>>34386844
Wow, that lighting almost makes Glocks look like nice guns.
>>
>>34386844
my local shop is run by fudds who claim ARs are illegal

Why would I support them?
>>
File: rsz_img_20170628_101659304.jpg (518KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20170628_101659304.jpg
518KB, 2304x1296px
>>34386844
Used S&W sd40ve
>>
I haven't bought a new MFG gun locally since gunbroker took off. My LGS refuses to get anywhere near the prices I can get online. Even paying shipping and transfer fees I always come out well ahead.
>>
File: 1488703708875.jpg (63KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1488703708875.jpg
63KB, 500x385px
Meh. Most of the gun shops I've been to in my area are ehhh. Ammo is more expensive than online with free shipping. Guns are usually sold at or even above MSRP with no wiggle room. The selection is usually piss poor with Glocks, Glocks, more Glocks, some M&Ps, and a million AR-15s and RAS-47s. They were literally selling an RAS-47 with magpul furniture for $1000. It really does seem like these shops are meant to cater to normies waltzing in off the street and impulse buying without any knowledge or doing any research.
>>
When I buy guns, I usually buy online or I go to Academy.

Academy will beat any price by 5%. There's an old gun shop near the particular Academy that I frequent that has an old, outdated website (from the early 2000's) that lists old, outdated prices on their firearms. I pricematched a new Gen 4 G19 and got it for $450.

The website that I pricematched from just had a listing for a Glock 19. It didn't list a particular gen.

I've heard of Academy's pricematching Bud's, but I'm not sure if they do it anymore.
>>
>ammo overpriced
>guns overpriced
>significantly cheaper to just watch online and have it shipped to an FFL

nah
>>
>>34386844
>>34386851
Fuck
>>
>>34386844
My local shop is good, so I do shop there.
>>
>>34386844
Whew, and I thought I was getting jewed paying $550 for a used Glock 17.
>>
>>34386902
You still did.
>>
>>34386844
I do, but only if they can get their horrendous prices low enough to make it worth it to me. Like if they have a gun in stock that's hard to find online or with primers (because hazmat).
>>
>>34386905
It's in good shape, probably like 350 rounds through it, maybe a week or two of holster wear.

have since put probably 700 rounds through it. it was manufactured with a defective ejector I had to replace ($25).
>>
>>34386844
All my local gunships charge at minimum 1.5 times normal online prices. So honestly it isn't even close to worth it to me.
>>
The shop I frequent is generally competitive enough for new guns (generally within 5%) that it is worth it to buy from them. They also are willing to negotiate on used gun prices and will hear out any realistic offer. Ammo is their weak point, on average it matches the mean price I find online, not the cheapest.

But the physical closest shop to me has ridiculously high prices on everything. They have a sporterized krag for $1,500 that has been sitting on their shelf for years. Ammo prices are about twice what I can find online after shipping. I have no idea what they want for new guns but my guess is that it is unreasonable.

I also have a habit of dropping into small shops when traveling to see if they have anything used that is cool. I have found everything from $200 rare Mausers to $900 mid-war production Mosins. Most small shops are run by and cater to fudds and as fudds are dying off they are not adapting to new tech savvy consumers. Yes, there are a ton of folks who will buy local but not if that costs them an arm and a leg over buying online.
>>
>>34386844

Bought a Gen 3 Glock 17 at Academy for $499 before taxes. I looked at 3 different local stores and couldn't find one under $520.

>inb4 i should have paid an extra $20 for no real reason

Nah
>>
>>34386851
you forgot to mention the yellow band means it's used. Fellow Houston fag here and I can confirm Carter's Country is shit
>>
I guess I'll mention that the one time I bought from a local shop was when they had a sale going on. All their used guns were 20% off. Also anytime you buy a gun from them, they give you two free range passes and a t-shirt which is a nice bonus. Wound up getting a Gen 2 Glock 19 for around $370 after tax. I was also considering getting an FEG pa63 that would've come to around $150, but I didn't. Still regret not doing it.
>>
I work inna cabela

As much as people shit talk big box stores, I still see a ton of people come in to buy guns from us. There are a ton of local places around that people threaten to go to, but most usually end up coming back and getting a price match instead, since we also do mil discount on top of that and other shit like coupons or free ammo in certain situations.

To some guys, our gun library is the local gun store.
>>
>>34386976
That's $20 for ammo, dude. Good on ya m8
>>
My local store is shit. The prices are fucking nuts, the employees are either old fudds or fuck boys, and the owner is a prick about his range. The selection is shit too... They advertise that they have OVER 5000 GUNS, but it's Glock, S&W, Taurus and Kimber as far as the eye can see.

About 20mi away we have a guy who runs an antique store and does guns on the side, and his shit is awesome. He doesn't try to make anything on the guns; sells everything for $15 over his purchase cost. He can order about anything for cheaper than you can find, and he stocks the basic shit plus some nice HKs and Sigs. Plus a fuckload of high-end knives.

I feel like that's the model going forward. If dedicated gun stores can't keep up with online prices, they're going to disappear and be replaced by businesses like pawn shops & hardware stores doing guns on the side.
>>
>>34386876
And then you'll wonder why you have to drive 200 miles to get to the nearest gdp.

You must be pretty poor
Or a jew
Likely both

Support your local gun stores you poorfags
>>
>>34387097
>overpay for your guns to keep a dying business afloat!

Yeah nah.
>>
>>34387097
Invisible hand, bitch! No one will miss you when you close up shop. Dining room table FFL's will always be around. Hell if there's no one around for 200 miles, that would be a lucrative business opportunity wouldn't it? ;^)
>>
>>34386844
I bought my GP100 from an LGS because they had a really generous layaway policy.

But online shopping is better since you can find really good deals. I got a Ruger LCR online for $344, which is quite a bit cheaper than the local shops.
>>
>>34387097
This tired shit....What other industry to do you get shamed for price shopping? If my LGS can't get within 10% of the online price then fuck them. Why should I pay a %20-%25 premium? Would you berate someone for saving %20 on a washing machine?
>>
>>34386850
This. My gun shop doesn't have an internet connection, or a single computer in the store. The owner is incapable of understanding that we aren't in the 70's anymore and he no longer has a hard lock on my city's market. I'm not going to buy a beat to shit SKS for $750. I'm not paying $.40 a shot for 9mm. I'm not paying $5 for a used nugget clip when I could buy a pack of 20 new ones online for the same price.
>>
>>34386844
I only buy some decently priced 22 from my gun shop. I got took too many times. Maybe ill buy a scope if they have it and only because its a convenience to not wait for it in the mail.
>>
>>34386844
I shop around. It took years to find a decent gun shop, and I found an excellent one because of a PA state trooper's advice. It's an hour away, and the guys there are fuck king busy. I always go there. As for my local shops they should be fuck king beaten, disemboweled, and hung for what they're doing. Worse is they're mostly owned by spoiled brats given from by rich dads.
>>
>>34387170
this is the place fyi
https://lancotactical.com/
>>
Luckily my LGS is often better priced on most guns than a lot of online retailers. The owner is very competitive in pricing too so if you see it for less, he'll give it to you for that.
>>
>>34386849
>Y-you'll never tempt me glock. I will stay pure for my wood and steel waifu.
>>
>>34386844
It depends anon, reason why some stores have higher prices than others is basically inventory. Your average mom and pop shop probably doesn't order a large amount of a particular firearm. Say you own a small gun shop and you only have enough monies to only buy a total of 40 glocks in various models. Well to glock, 40 is nothing for an order. But if you're say a large chain like Cabelas, Turners, Bass Pros, etc, you buy those things in nearly the thousands at wholesale prices. So you as a mom and pop can get them for an average of say 415 and for you to make any sort of money, you sell them for 500. Wholesale from bigger guys can get them for say 300 or less and can charge 415.
Same logic follows from a small family owned store compared to Walmart, obviously Walmart is gonna have better prices but I choose to buy from a family owned place.
My LGS is pretty tits, cool people, decent prices, every now and then they'll give me a little extra discount since I'm a regular, never once had a bad experience.
>>
>>34386844
690 for a Glock 19.

Just wow.
>>
>>34386844
>I dont understand business: the post
>>
>>34387315
It's an MOS model, so I can see a 100 dollar markup for that. Still jewish taking that into account though
>>
>>34387335
Even still. I bet that gun gets the dust wiped off it every other month.
>>
My LGS literally takes some liberal stance on nearly everything gun related and tries to use some tortured attempt at mimicking conservative logic to justify it. It's like they think that being contrary makes them more "in the know." They were literally pro-Bernie in the last election.

I'm not sure it's a Fudd effect, but they only sell 10 round mags in a state where 30 is legal, and talk shit about "gun nuts" who "need 30 rounds to kill a deer." (Which is wrong on so many levels, because our state requires 5 round mags for hunting, and deer hunting isn't the only lawful use of semiautos that can accept 30-rd mags.

When I see traitors to the cause as bad as this, I'd rather shop almost anywhere else.
>>
>>34387146
I'll do the same thing for hardware stores and local appliance stores

Support all your local stores you globalist kike
>>
>>34387314
thats their fuck up. they need to know what they need in stock and enough of it to be competitive. i hate stores that sell over 9000 different stale beers and only a couple are fresh. get a fucking clue i say. uh duh dur that means you only keep a few options available.
>>
>>34387121
Oh you mean the ones the ATF practically stopped issuing? Those ones? Good luck with that bud lmao
>>
>>34387119
Like I said, you're a jew
Or poor.
>>
>>34386976

What were you charged for transfer?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 700x394px
>>34386844
>Suport your LGS

I don't really feel like paying an extra $150 for a used Glawk or getting ignored because I'm not there to buy an AR.
>>
>>34386902
I sell brand new glocks at that price at the gun store I work at. You got ripped off.
>>
LGS owners and employees have to undergo rigorous training. For example:

Can you call a phone number, read a social security number and name, and understand the difference between the words "approved" or "declined?" Congrats, you're halfway there.

Next, can you estimate a gun's value (this is a hard one...) Good. Now offer 10% of that to buy, and mark it up 200% to sell.

Congrats! You made the cut!
>>
>>34387426
I'm neither, but if you like overpaying on principle, I have a barely used Ruger LCP I'm looking to sell for $600. Yes, that's what my LGS is selling them for.
>>
My local shop has Glocks for 100 cheaper than anywhere online so I go there
G40 next
>>
>>34387574
Not him but I actually paid $600 for a NIB LCP last year.

California Dreamin' man.
>>
>>34386844
If my LGS would quit charging 20% and more over the standard going rates on firearms I would. Fuck them for trying to sell a g19 for 650 dollars.
>>
>>34387426
>He likes shopping around for the best price! Must be a Jew...
>>
>>34387701
If my local shop wants to stay in business they need to quit jerking people around on prices and learn to compete. Also stop charging 50 dollars for a fucking fll transfer. I don't mind driving 45 minutes plus to go to a shop that doesn't jew me so hard.
>>
The only reason I'd go to a local shop is to take advantage of the blue label program.
>>
>>34386844
Same way, crooks. I remember seeing a box of CCI 22 short HP. Guy wanted like $35 for a box of 100. The reason they can stay open is because stupid rednecks spend way more than they should for basic shit. I don't support those thieves.
>>
>>34386844
Man, I try, but they don't make it easy.

LGS #1:
>owned by old man who's never there
>run by his son who has no say in prices
>son is knowledgeable, funny, professional, loves to shoot the shit and lets me fingerfuck all day long
>old man marks up merch as if he's saving for a yacht
>$40 xfer fee + 10% - won't even try to match prices

>LGS #2:
>basically a Mail Boxes Etc
>tiny selection
>don't know dick about guns
>flat $25 xfer fee

I go to #1, window shop, order online through #2
>>
>>34386851
>Used S&W sd40ve

You forgot to mention the 7 mags, night sights, and (albeit cheap looking) light/laser
>>
>>34386878
Exactly this. Walk in stores in general are dying.
>>
>>34386844
I live in a cuck state, and while my LGS is far from cheap when it comes to gun prices and I typically pay MSRP, they're known for leading the fight against the state's AWB by searching for every possible loophole that will allow them to sell something that 90% of the other LGS's in my state would outright refuse to transfer.

That being the case, I'll happily spend ~$50-100 more per gun than I'd pay at Bud's or whatever in order to support the folks who are leading the fight against my state's shitty laws. Their ammo prices are also dammed competitive with Cabela's and are within $0.50 a box of what I'd generally pay online, so I have no problem with giving them the business.
>>
>>34387405
>"hurr why does everything at my LGS cost so much???"
>LGS begins only buying their largest sellers in bulk to get a higher profit and to lower prices
>"hurr why does my LGS only have Glawks"
You are a retard
>>
>>34386921
Doubt justify it dude, you for taken for a ride, trey go for cheaper than that brand new
>>
>>34387902
Well, in my neck of the cuckwoods the lgs are exactly the opposite.
>scaremongering out the ass every election
>whats that? CA banned ammo purchases online? Nah m8 we wont do transfers because "we dont have enough space". But please buy our .50/rd 9mm
>$70-100 transfers
>120% of msrp is routine. Ya gettin' a good deal boy!
>Dont know shit about gun laws

I bet they vote democrat just so people keep panic buying
>>
>>34387990
Yeah, shit like that reminds me of just how lucky I am.

MD gun laws suck, but we have some pretty bro-tier LGS's staffed by young folks who actually stay informed and give a shit.
>>
>>34387386

>leftard LGS

I'll take shit that doesn't fucking exist for 500.
>>
File: 1483374530387.jpg (22KB, 296x314px) Image search: [Google]
1483374530387.jpg
22KB, 296x314px
>>34387426
Wow what a argument, you convinced me
>>
So ITT fuck gun shops?
>>
>>34388114
Not the guy that you're replying to, but the owner of one LGS was a Bern victim as well. Granted they are closing now because of the shit he pulled.

>had bernie stickers and pamphlets available at the counter
>donated 20 dollars for every gun purchased to his scampaign.

Dude is some 50yo that has three adopted kids, two of which are retarded. I hadn't ever purchased a gun there, just ammo once or twice. I was convinced this dude was legitimately autistic before the election because of the shit he pulled that I'm not going to go into because it's pointless.
>>
LGS by me isn't bad. Average prices, $25 ffl transfers, good service.
The guys who started it a few years ago did so simply because all the other guns shops are so shitty.

They don't have a great selection though.
>>
>be me
>be buying first pistol which in a first gen M&P
>go to a LGS run by fudds who wear life jackets
>ask to see m&p and the fudd just stares at me with contempt the whole time.
>when I decide to buy it, he gives me the whole safety rundown and what not.
>he gives it to another dude behind the counter to take to the register while I fill out my forms
>standing in line for 15 minutes because cashier lady is being hit on by cringeworthy autists who wear 5.11 Gucci gear
>get to the front of the line and lo and behold the lady cant find my gun.
>I try and find the the original fudd that sold me the gun and hes in the back
> I proceed to ask this fudd #3 who looks like a pissed off Bob Ross and he keeps interrupting me mid sentence when I try to explain the situation.
>I'm starting to get frustrated but in the moment someone finds my gun underneath a stack of magazines that someone arbitrarily set on top of it.

>I hardly ever shop there unless I really have to.

Fuck you Ron Peterson Firearms!
I'm glad The A.R.T construction project is fucking your business up!!
>>
>>34388186
>Granted they are closing now because of the shit he pulled.

Good.
>>
I spent $500 before taxes on an SP2022 in Cuckfornia, is that fine?
>>
>>34386844
>How are the gun shops like in your community?

B&H customer reps are complete cunts. They have a decent inventory and the prices are okay. They also tend to have a lot of police trade in Glocks at a pretty low price. They also have a police supply attached so they probably have a relationship with the local agencies (Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, BCSD).

The only time I went into (IIRC) Indian River Gun Works which is also on Merritt Island the guy wouldn't stop talking about Obama, they only had fudd rifles, and they wanted $300 for a Maverick 88.

The Gun Site is actually pretty cool. The owner, Steve, is a really nice guy. I've bought from him before, and the indoor range is decent.

Red Dot in Rockledge is where I've bought most of my guns locally. The owner, Johnathan, is really cool guy. He's a retired Royal Navy Officer IIRC. Moved to the US and opened up a gun shop. They have pretty good prices, they run training classes for defense shooting and competitive shooting (3 gun and IPSC IIRC), and do gun smithing. They are a little expensive for online transfers ($50) but they usually have a good selection of stuff in the store.

>Do you support your local gun shops?

Red Dot and Gun Site mostly. I bought my first gun from B&H but the guy selling it to me treated me like shit so I bought my other dozen guns from Red Dot and Gun Site.
>>
>>34387012
>FEG pa63 that would've come to around $150, but I didn't. Still regret not doing it.

You should. It's a fun little gun. It was the first pistol I ever bought.
>>
File: 1470067869675.png (52KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1470067869675.png
52KB, 203x209px
>Pay out the ass
>State taxes
>Sales tax

Fuck off LGS. Just finish the back ground check, monkeys.
>>
Oddly enough, the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area has some great LGSes. Krausewerk is great for any milsurp or collectible stuff. The Old West Gun Room is everything a classic old gun store should be. Setterarms does top-notch gunsmithing at very reasonable prices. Elite Armory is small, but has great service and is really knowledgeable. City Arms has a good selection and some of the best prices around. I've gotten some good deals at Reed's and Antioch Armory. The only LGS around that I'd avoid going to again is Dublin Guns & Fishing.
>>
Local shop to me requires you to wait around for 20 minutes while they jerk each-other off before they will speak to you, they talk down to people, and they are over priced.

Local shows charge crazy prices. I was looking for a heritage rough rider in 22 for my lady and most people wanted close to $200 for a used one without the .22 mag cylinder. I ended up buying a new one at bi-mart for $99.
>>
>>34386844
I support my local FFL by ordering everything through him if I'm going to make an order, or shipping it through him if I'm not.
>>
>>34388114
>I'll take shit that doesn't fucking exist for 500.

It's not outside the realm of possibility. I've met and talked to plenty of self identified Democrats and leftist gun owners who would run a gun store exactly like that. They are out there.
>>
>>34387574
Post the proof bud
>>
>>34388410
"Leftist" gun owner here. Not everyone is a single issue voter. Hell yeah the second amendment is a good given right, doesn't mean I don't believe that rich people exploit the poor. Also, fuck Democrats.
>>
There is a LGS in my area that overprices ammo and firearms. Maybe some mags are acceptable in price but holy christ its a murder in there. I go there once every few months to pick up this solvent/lube that is only sold there (and few other places too far for me to drive) because its the best solvent/lube I've ever used.
>>
>>34388429
NO
POLITICS ARE BINARY
STOP THIS I CAN'T HANDLE THE IDEA THAT SOME PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH ME IN ONLY SOME WAYS HOW WILL I DECIDE IF THEY SHOULD BE KILLED
>>
>>34388429
>Not everyone is a single issue voter.

I didn't say they/you were. That's different than pointing out that there are leftist gun owners who support magazine capacity restrictions, AWBs, pistol bans, registries etc. and would run a gun shop like so.

RE the rest of your post: No one said nuance wasn't possible.
>>
>>34387386
>literally pro-Bernie
Weird saying that here since /k/ is a pro-Bernie board.
>>
My local shop is more expensive than the big stores but I don't mind paying a little more because they're more professional and are good at processing the paperwork. I recently went to buy a rifle from a chain store (Big Five) and was told by the retarded (read: black) clerk that I didn't have the right paperwork even though I did, so I just drove over to the local shop and bought the same rifle 15 minutes later. (I paid $40 more for it there, but it was worth it not to have to drive + spend an afternoon + find the imaginary 'correct' paperwork I was supposed to have at Big Five.)
>>
File: 1493533773014.jpg (128KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493533773014.jpg
128KB, 679x960px
>>34388551
"/k/ is a pro Bernie board"

Kill yourself
>>
>>34387097

>A poor Jew.
Wyd are you smoking.
>>
>>34388551
Wew fag, mckill yourself
>>
>>34388687
>>A poor Jew.
>Wyd are you smoking.

Have you never seen the Hasids in their enclaves in New York?

They are poor as fuck. They are the Jewish trailer trash.
>>
>>34388701
Pretty sure those 'poor' Jews own all the buildings in their neighborhoods in New York.
>>
>>34388551
>/k/ supports the jew who doesnt understand economics
no.
>>
Guns are borderline reasonable (2-4% over Cabela's/Dick's/Academy) but ammo is outrageously expensive, 1.5-2x as expensive as the big-box stores and 2-3x as expensive as online. Like, $45 for a 50 round box of WWB 9mm or $39 for a standard 20 round box of Remington Core Lokt .308.
>>
>>34388925
>Pretty sure those 'poor' Jews own all the buildings in their neighborhoods in New York.

The religious elite do. The majority of Hasidm aren't those religious elite. The average Hasidm is poor, illiterate, uneducated, and so are their children.

They are given a lot of leeway politically as well, even to the point that at one time (until it went to SCOTUS: Board of Education of Kiryas Joel Village School District v. Grumet) they were given their own independent school district that received funding from the state. They also are given leeway on law enforcement, so you have obfuscation of things like rampant sexual abuse.
>>
>>34386851
lol, there was one of these for $650 at my LGS before they went out of business. there wasn't a single thing in there that wasn't priced at least double what it was worth. during the .22 scare, they were selling boxes of 50 for $40 and they'd fly off the shelves.
>>
>>34387724
My LGS had a $35 FFL transfer fee unless it was from budsgunshop.com, grabagun.com, or any of those sites. then he'd charge $100 for the transfer. Just another reason they went out of business. I can drive 20 minutes and get a $20 transfer.
>>
>GT Distributors
>literally fair prices and great prices for .mil or LEO
>police trade in galore
>$400 mini 14s and $170 remington 870
>staff cares about you
>$20 transfers or they'll match whatever order prices for you
>$400 police trade in ARs
>Old smiths at really good prices
If any jacksonville people are here GT distributors is amazing, literally best LGS i've been too
>>
File: 22220301324407.jpg (62KB, 576x431px) Image search: [Google]
22220301324407.jpg
62KB, 576x431px
>>34389585
Not to be confused with these guys.
>>
>>34389626
kek
>>
>>34387426
No, the gun store owners who charge exorbitant prices are the real Jews.
>>
I'd be about it except I'm a lefty and I run into the rightest of right-wingers and political target sheets. Them folks scare me; I'm trying to get in and get out.
>>
>>34386844
Theres one LGS worth supporting in my area the rest are entitled (and overpriced) pricks. I can tell you what it is if youre looking for guns in the valley in Alaska.Its not chimo the owner's son took over and hes a piece of shit.
>>
File: 1489470514163.jpg (27KB, 440x398px) Image search: [Google]
1489470514163.jpg
27KB, 440x398px
>>34386844
>support your LGS
>sells everything at exactly MSRP
>all the guns you would want that aren't Glocks are the only one in the shop and they get fingerfucked and dry fired all day every day
Why???
>>
>>34386844
The LGS in my area is awesome and owned and staffed by bros. I buy enough ammo through them that they cut me some awesome deals and give free range time, they let my pay for guns in installments that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford and let me borrow the work bench and use their gunsmithing/hand loading hardware free of charge. Fuck yeah I support my local gun store.
>>
>>34386844
I can't support them. The gun shop closest to me is like Gander Mountain overpriced. They are trying to sell a P320 RX for $1300, when every other shop in town has them for $800 or less. And don't buy an AR from them. S&W MP15 for $1200.
>>
>>34388429
What if I 100% agree with you but also am concerned about the disproportionate away that Jews hold over Western society as well as the implications that demographic shift away from white supermajorities will have on the ability of western nations to maintain a solvent social safety net in the face of increased demand for services by a lower-IQ non-white population which is less able to effectively compete in the economy and achieve fiscal self-sufficiency?
>>
>>34387027
>other stores that people threaten to go to
Tell them to have a good day when they say that. I've been working in customer service for three years, and when someone threatens to leave, I show them the door. My paycheck doesn't depend on one person's business, and I'd rather not have assholes in my store.
>>
Gunshop up the road from where I work is selling an Inland M1 carbine for $799. The bore looks decent but the rest of the gun is pretty knocked up. The wood is worn and chewed in places, the action os missing most of its blueing and i would say the rifle is rated in fair condition. Action is smooth and headspacing is all good. Assuming he works on the price (I'm sure he will), what is a fair price for this. I have an unissued Saginaw that I love and would like to get this one that I dont have to baby like the Saginaw.
>>
LGS up the road is pretty cool. Small hole in the wall sort of place, but they carry all that you need (ammo, wipes, cleaning gear and oil, guns new and used, and offer gunsmithing services). They're friendly folks, and I've seen them always talk to new people who come into the store. They're willing to help and don't seem to try to sell people on something they don't need (I saw them help a guy get a smaller revolver, perhaps it was an LCR, for his girlfriend that was too weak to pull the slide back on larger 9mm guns).

I've bought 2 guns through them now, as well as some of my cleaning kit and oil.
>>
File: 1292402393505.gif (1MB, 269x202px) Image search: [Google]
1292402393505.gif
1MB, 269x202px
>>34386844
>see stripped lower online for $49.99
>have it shipped to local shop
>go to pick up said lower from local shop
>guy goes back to get it
>look at wares
>see stripped spikes tactical lowers for $150+
>pay my $20 and leave
>>
File: IMG_2836.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2836.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>34390933
>mfw spikes and psa are made in the same factory and all you are paying for is brand
>>
>>34390963
I kek'd heartily. This is the same shop that right after sandy vag switched the price tags for their then $80 stripped spikes tactical lowers to $150 and then peaked at $200.

And people were buying them, I went there fairly often as they sometimes got interesting shit in, and during that time they were constantly busy with FFL transfers and people buying AR parts and lowers.
>>
>>34390963
you do realize that all the forged lowers come out of the same forge, right?
>>
>>34389585
GT Distributors is one of my go too places in Dallas. Very friendly staff and decent pricing. Their used stuff is cheap and actually comes with a 90 day return policy. My only complaint is that their pistol selection is kind of vanilla, but that's sort of understandable since they mostly cater to LEO.

The only other LGS near me are an old milsurp shop run by some great old guys and a gucci store that mainly caters to high end buyers. I always feel like a dirty peasant walking into that place, and they are slightly over priced, but they have a really good pistol selection and are generally friendly.
>>
>>34391032
That's what I said, PSA and spikes parts are coming from the same company
>>
>>34387027
>I still see a ton of people come in to buy guns from us

because casual gun owners are idiots.
>>
>>34386921
>maybe a week or two of holster wear
M8 you can not see holster wear from 1-2 months, much less weeks.
>>
>>34391009
Back before the great panic I remember one of my local shops selling anderson lowers for $150. This was before anyone really knew who anderson was outside of a thread on arfcom about how they were self-promoting through a sockpuppet account.
>>
File: SW410.jpg (77KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
SW410.jpg
77KB, 640x427px
Picked this up for $270 at my lgs

Overall they seem to have ok prices
>>
The place I normally go to is hit or miss. They have a massive selection but the prices can vary. I picked up a used SP2022 this past weekend for $400, meanwhile a NIB Maverick 88 there is $250. They do monthly sales that are pretty good too, I got a brand new P938 for ~$550 during one. They even threw in a free Sig hat. Ammo prices are also hit and miss, you can pick up FMJ for a reasonable price but they charge out the ass for JHP.

There's also two places within 30 minutes of me that do free transfers which is pretty cool. Beyond the transfers they're both pretty mediocre though. One is tiny and specializes in AR stuff (meaning they have tons of Magpul shit and that's about it), and the other is a tiny pawn shop that dedicates about half the store space to guns.
>>
>>34386844
I live in FL and it is 50/50
some local gun shops are lower priced then big box stores, and even ordering online.
One store I go to gets wholesale pricing from a "cheap online retailer" so I pay less then the online price and don't have to pay for the FFL transfer if I just buy from the local store
>>
>>34387404
>Support all your local stores you globalist kike
This. It's about being invested in your community. I'll pay extra at my LGS cause they're good guys and it's usually not too much more and I like supporting someone local. There is another store much closer to home that hikes up their prices because they know people want to shop local, fuck that guy for taking advantage and taking his community for granted.
>>
>>34386844
I support the local shops that I like, but lately ive been getting shit at cabelas since they have more, and I get an employee discount. still, I plan on riding around the surrounding towns this week and next to see what all the small LGSs have in
>>
>>34386844
i don't get this fucking board. I've been to three gun shops in my area, two of them have been amazing, the other one mediocre but not bad. Am I just lucky or does anon like to bitch?
>>
>>34391520
>ive been getting shit at cabelas since they have more, and I get an employee discount.
So you get shit at normal prices?
>>
>>34391532
You are lucky. I've been in plenty of shops that were down right terrible. Highly overpriced and rude staff. On the other hand, I've been in a few places with very friendly staff with reasonable prices.
>>
File: Photo Jan 01, 23 53 50.jpg (54KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jan 01, 23 53 50.jpg
54KB, 768x1024px
Yeah, the closest gun store to me has an absolutely terrible selection. Basically it only stocks Remington 700's, Glocks and M&P Shields. They're openly hostile to FFL transfers and getting them to order in a firearm they don't regularly stock is like pulling teeth. I work there - I should know.

Even with the pittance of an employee discount and waved FFL transfers I still go on to Buds or Slick guns and drive 40 miles to an FFL that's in a dude's kitchen because there's less bullshit to deal with.
>>
>>34391532
Nah. I have been to a few gun stores across America and some had very bad employees and prices, others are like any other retail store.
>>
>>34386844
>houston
i went to this gunstore in china town and asked if they had nuggets, and the guy showed me a mauser
>>
>>34391642
zozzle
>>
Some LGS's around here actually have terrific prices. This one store/range in particular has better prices on guns than you can find anywhere, even online. Ammo is generally ludicrous though.

The main thing that pisses me off is that if you appear to be under the age of 50 you better be prepared to be talked down to like you're a pre schooler.
>>
>>34391451
Debating on selling that exact same gun, can't stand how unpredictable it's shot are. Everyone who's tried mine tells me the same story once their done.

Hope you have better luck than I.
>>
>>34392172
Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the barrel and everything seems to be in great condition.

Was a police trade in, so hopefully it worked well enough in the field.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (64KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
64KB, 1024x682px
>>34388551
>/k/ is a pro-Bernie board.
Commies leave, REEEEE
>>
Holy shit your LGSs all suck.

LGS Buys
Colt Trooper 1960s .357 $275
S&W 19 .357 $220
USP 9 $550
USP 45 $550
Colt 1908 .380 $250
Springfield TRP .45 $800
S&W Model 10 .38 $220

Thats just off the top of my head.
>>
File: 1435625398188.jpg (190KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1435625398188.jpg
190KB, 500x700px
>>34392246
>my store sells things at a loss to keep customers
sure kid
>>
File: 20170628_225639.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_225639.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>34392301
You have no idea how cheap LGS gets guns do you?
>>
>>34386844
>SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN SHOPS!!!
This is stupid. Only fools buy from gunstores, physical or digital.
Buy secondhand or make them yourself.
>>
File: 20170628_225846.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_225846.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>34392542
Buying used at your lgs can result in some pretty good deals.
>>
>>34386844
Nope.

Live in Illinois just outside of Chicago. And my LGS prices are ridiculous. I own 2 guns both purchased online. Prices are simply better buying online then here.....and it's not close.

>purchased ruger lcrx from Buds 2 years ago for $390

>same gun at LGS was $600
>>
>>34392561
Is that much for a 9mm USP considered a good deal? I saw one at my local pawn shop for $500. Damn, maybe I should've bought it.
>>
>>34392242
lol bernie is being investigated for bank fraud
>>
>>34388551
>/k/ is a progressive board
Get the fuck out
>>
>>34386902

You totally did. LGS has new in box Gen 4's going for that price with tax.
>>
File: 1498536791712.jpg (253KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498536791712.jpg
253KB, 1080x1080px
>>34387937

>these guns go for under 600 shipped and transferred from online dealer
>better charge 650+ tax in our gun store

>this ammo goes for $10/box online
>better make it $17 (without tax)

Right, we are the retards. We're just too retarded to see that buying a chink SKS for $800 is a good deal.
>>
>>34388206

>go through all that
>still buy gun

You are the reason customer service stays shitty.
>>
>>34393579
>B-but surely it will sell eventually.

I see so many gun stores around me that charge absolute shit prices and never move any volume. I understand bills have got to be paid and I'll pay more to support a local shop, but they're not even trying to be competitive.
>>
File: 1468861085343.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
1468861085343.png
8KB, 509x619px
>>34386844
>Support local gun shops
>Be me
>Walk into local shop
>Get the eyes of why are you here
>Get ignored
>Wait till I'm last person there
>Takes two of them to see what I want
>Ask about the Glock 17 under the class in front of me
>Grabs the HiPoint and recommends that this would be a great choice for its power price
>Tell him I'm looking for a Glock, not a piece of shit
>Leave

>I'm black
>>
I'll buy from them if their prices are reasonable. Even if that means sometimes paying 20 bucks more for convenience factor. I bought my Glock at a local range for 530. It would have been the same if I ordered it offline anyways after FFL transfers.

That being said when I walk into stores and are selling glocks for 700 dollars and have nothing interesting in stock. I have no intention of supporting them.
>>
File: IMG_3641.jpg (524KB, 4320x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3641.jpg
524KB, 4320x1080px
>>34386963
>sporterized Krag
Are you sure it isn't a Krag carbine? They look just like sporters
>>
File: browning_a5_police8rd.jpg (9KB, 650x135px) Image search: [Google]
browning_a5_police8rd.jpg
9KB, 650x135px
>>34386844

>How are the gun shops like in your community?

Skagit Arms is alright if they're not busy, mostly.

Pretty fuddy though. Last time I was there, an employee was recommending a 38. Spcl revolver for a guys gf.

Sometimes the employees won't give you the time of day if you aren't a Carhartt wearing mountain man, but all in all, I give it a 7.5/10
>>
Southern California. 75$ per gun for FFL transfers. Plus 25$ background check. Ripped off if I buy local, ripped off if I buy online
>>
>>34386844
It depends on the gun and the store. I walked in to a store and walked out with a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel. No online places even had them in stock. On the other hand I bought my Tanfoglio Witness online because fucking nobody stocks 10mm other than Glawks around here.
>>
>>34392833
Its a decent deal, but this gun is basicly brand new.
>>
>>34386844
>>34386849
>muzzles pointed towards you

With such a poor display of gun safety I'd leave the shop and never come again.
>>
>>34386851
>>34386851
not that bad considering the extras

retail establishments are always going to be mariginally more expensive than big box online retailers, especially small business LGS. but i have seen my fair share of faggotry there. plain jane glock 19s for $580, no haggling allowed (sign posted that says that). so fuck them, they will die out and learn the hard way
>>
>>34386844
M&J Gun trade is pretty alright, where they in another state the pricing would be a strike against them but the mark up is about the cost of California red tape for FFL transfer anyway. Plus they do have an interesting selection.
>>
>>34387187
Lol I go here all the time when I go to Elizabethtown train station right next to it. They also hold "suppressor day" nearby where they have full autos suppressed for everyone to shoot free. Last year I shot like 4 full mags for free from various full autos.
>>
This is easy. Give them a chance to compete, but don't shoot yourself in the foot. I run the online prices on guns I'm going to buy anyway by my local store and see if they'd rather have the business, then eat the sales tax if necessary.
>>
>>34387076
Hyatts?
>>
>go to lgs
>"do you have any 8mm mauser?"
>"no"
>"ok"
>see savage 10 ba stealth on the wall for $1600
>turn around and leave
>>
>>34395286
..... anon I don't know if you've ever been to a gun store but the first thing they do is safety check it and the last thing they do before putting it back is safety check it...

Please contain your autism.
>>
>moonwalk into LGS
>turn 180 degrees and introduce myself
>ask to see their Galils
>they say they don't have any
>ask to see their Gen3 Glocks
>ask to see their .454 casull revolvers
>ask what their transfer fee is
>$100
>turn 540 degrees and moonwalk out
>leave a bad review on Google and Yelp
>>
>>34386902
Jesus 550 burger bucks? You didnt get jewed, you got fucked over...
>>
>>34386844
Fuck Carter's country and sadly that's the case for most gun shops here in Texas. I just buy online. Also believe it or not Atlantic Firearms has a storefront in Houston...
>>
I'd love to support my LGS more. But I do have a few suggestions for them that might help them do better themselves:

1) Look at the common "commodity" items. Things that you can get almost anywhere. Maybe Blazer brand 9mm ammo, Federal .22 cheapy .22 plinking ammo, or a basic cleaning kit, even a soft gun case. Whatever markup you're selling those things for, people will assume you're gouging them just about the same if not more on higher-ticket items, and they're often correct. If bread and milk, which you buy all the time, are twice as expensive at your neighborhood mom and pop grocery store, you are a lot more likely to shop at Wal-Mart or the bigger grocery store, even if a little research would show that the meat at your mom and pop store is better quality and a bit cheaper. Those common items, you might even want to sell at not much above cost, because conversely people will automatically assume if your price is $10 on something they expect to cost between $8 and $12, they aren't going to be getting screwed on a high ticket item.

2) Retrain the testosterone swagger employees who come across as know-it-all judgmental assholes, instead of polite customer service employees who want to help. No customer should ever feel mocked, even if they walk in the door with some dumb opinions or preferences.

3) Don't tack on ridiculous charges to recoup a couple of bucks here and there. Charging $15 for a background check and $50 for an FFL transfer just reinforces to the customer that they're glad they minimize doing business with you where they can.

4) Don't get overly brand-loyal or gun-type loyal. If I'm there to buy an AR-15 but you have strong preference for AK variants, feel free to tell me about them but take a hint if I'm literally sticking to my guns. Likewise, if I've done a little window shopping and settled on an M&P Shield I don't need to hear your diatribe about how they're shit and Glock is the only way to go.
>>
>>34395537
Fuck you and your shitty taste in guns, Michael Jackson.
>>
>>34386844
>Houston

Go to Texian Firearms. Owner is awesome and always has good deals.
>>
>>34395558
Where?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-084056.png (238KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-084056.png
238KB, 1080x1920px
>>34395591

http://www.texianfirearms.com/product.ruger-1022-semi-automatic-22-long-rifle-185-black-synthetic-black

Fuck you!
>>
>>34395615
Downtown by the greyhound station. If you can make it through the hoardes of street niggers you will find it just across the street from the greyhound station.
>>
>>34388352
>pa63
>It was the first pistol I ever bought.

You & I both ... I've never not owned that style of gun since then. I love my .32 ACP PPK but in distant hindsight I do regret getting rid of my .380 ACP CZ-83 for it.
>>
>>34386844
The only local gun store I frequent is FUDD heaven. But only in the guns carried. The own is great and most the guns are post ww2 and back. And I mean far back. It's great for surplus arms. He can be way over priced but if you pay cash he comes down a huge amount.
>>
>>34395651
>Greyhound station
Jesus why?
As much as their pricing sucks, I do like going to Collector's Firearms.
Also a good place to go if you know you'll have to order a hard to find gun (I purchased my PMR-30 and KSG there).
>>
>>34390836
It's hard to say really, without seeing pictures and a list of the stamping son parts and if it has been re-arsenaled.
>>
My local shop is trash.
>Summer after highschool
>some friends and I decide to visit our local gun store because why not.
> Get there and it's all blocks and ARs
>One SKS, in decent shape, $800
>Friend is considering buying an AR15
>I'm already bored so I'm looking at the handgun safes that are sitting on top of the ammo shelf
>Sudenly owner walks in
>8/10 young brunette
>except she's missing an arm
>has huge pit bull on leash
>Strikes up awkward conversation with us about what our future plans are, college etc.
>Weird but okay she seems nice enough.
>Go back to looking at the safes
>Immediatly she starts yelling at me about being too close to the ammo.
>Just walk out of the store at that point, while she continues to scream about ammo going off if I bump it too hard.
>walk over to goodwill while friend fudds it up with the guy at the counter
>bought a 10 gallon fish tank for $5
>at least that trip wasn't a total waste.
>>
>>34393748
Skagit is decent, bought a few guns there while in the Navy. The telescope place by the casino is god awful. I'd just gotten back from deployment and had 2k in cash on me I was looking to blow. I asked to see one of those FN FNX package deals with case and rmr. Dude got an attitude when I asked how much it was and said if you have to ask you can't afford it. Put it down, pulled out my wad of cash and fanned the bills in his face, turned 360 degrees and walked out.
>>
Can anyone recommend decent gun stores in Northern Ohio? I just moved here, I live west of Lorain but work in Solon. I've been to Jaqua's in Findlay which is tits, massive selection, decent prices, friendly and knowledgeable staff.
>>
>>34395565
they can't charge more than the $5 background check in Florida if they do lol they are in trouble
>>
>>34395519
>Abhorrent post.

>Never point the muzzle of a gun at anything your not willing to destroy.
Muzzles are pointed towards the costumers.
>Always treat all guns as if loaded, even after safety checks.
See above.

How dare you make an excuse for this type of idiocy from a firearms dealer.
>>
File: acceptit.jpg (20KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
acceptit.jpg
20KB, 184x184px
>>34396286
Oh no you're just retarded... shit.
>>
File: 20170601_121816.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_121816.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I kinda like my LGS
>>
>>34396319
>making a fake tag just to take a picture of for /k/
>just marker on a tag
.... nice anon.
>>
File: 20170601_121935.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_121935.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34396330
Marengo Guns, Marengo, IL. Check them out.
>>
>>34396342
>unlined tags
>horrific handwriting
Sure anon let me just go to IL to verify a meme shop. Place probably smells like tacosalad and farts.
>>
>>34389733
This.
capitalism is about getting the best product to the customer for as cheap as possible.

it is the consumer's duty to shop around.
>>
File: 20170506_120048.jpg (2MB, 4191x2358px) Image search: [Google]
20170506_120048.jpg
2MB, 4191x2358px
>>34388206
Similar Story
>Go to buy $300 SKS
>none of the guys who work in the gun department show up for work that day
>new hire who is a cashier for only 1 week has to do my background check and everythings
>messes up twice
I am calm about it since it wasnt her fault and I wasn't in a rush
>go to check out
>they can't find the guns on their ATF books
>literally piles of ATF books trying to find them
>some books going back a few years
>doesn't find it
>goes to look again and found another book
>finally check out and they give me a $50 discount on the gun and 100 rounds of ammo cause i was in the store for two hours trying to buy the gun
Was not the best time but i got free ammo and a cheaper gun and i wasn't in a rush so it all worked out in the end.
I still shop there too since they have a good selection while not price gouging like some of the other LGS's around.
>>
>>34396354
Google is your friend.
>>
File: 1489839410117.jpg (21KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1489839410117.jpg
21KB, 211x244px
>Be Leaf
>Call LGS to inquire about a Benelli to be used for 3-gun
>Model I want is out of stock, but employee tells me he will call as soon as a new shipment is in
>Ask him if they sell extension tubes, tells me it's illegal to install any extension tubes on an autoloader
>It's not
>3 months pass and he finally calls
>Price has gone up by $200 for no reason
>Already bought a Versa Max and an aftermarket extension tube
>Asks me if I still want it
>Tell him no and that I already have an autoloader with extension tube
>Says he will give me a 5% discount as a "special offer" for today only
>Really wants to sell the gun
>Tell him I'm okay and that a 5 shot tube will screw me in competition
>He gets mad and says he will report me to the feds for having a prohibited item
>Chuckle and hang up
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (74KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
74KB, 800x533px
>>34396404
Fucking this.
>gun store employee telling me automatics are illegal
>suppressors are illegal
>you cant have a forward grip they're banned
>stripper clips are illegal because you can reload too fast
>>
LGS #1
>Relativley new, opened maybe 4 years ago
>Run by old fudd and his 3-4 fudd sons/ 1 daughter in twenties to thirties
>At least $100 markup on everything
>Literally tries to talk everyone into a S&W
>Small ammo selection with insane prices
>Owners fat ass wife refused to look up a price on an order once because she was busy checking her email
>They all think they are operators and smarter than everyone else and talk down to everyone
>Pretty sure they are only still in business because they suck up to LEOs

LGS #2
>Been around since the 70/80s
>Owned and ran by older guys in forties thru sixties
>Very friendly, knowledgeable guys
>Huge selection of ammo, even hard to find stuff
>Decent prices on everything generally
>Lets you finger fuck guns all day long
>Will stand around and bullshit with you all day

LGS #2 is further away than #1 but worth it. Only thing is they have weird hours and I can usually only make it there on saturdays and they close at 3PM
>>
File: IMG_8340.jpg (91KB, 1024x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8340.jpg
91KB, 1024x659px
>Go to local gun shop
>they want 450$ for a used S&be .38 j frame

Wew lad
>>
File: 1399917346994.png (139KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1399917346994.png
139KB, 424x470px
I tried, once.

>be me
>want an M92 PAP AK
>local shop has it listed on website
>"call for pricing"
>go in store
>owner and wife are 50's, everyone else is 18-24 year old kids who are friends with the owner's son
>talk to one employee
>she tells me it is $500 total on her computer but they will have to order it
>"Awesome, guess I'll start saving!"
>Already have $300 set aside
>Come back one week later after a payday
>owner is there
>"Uh, sorry. We are closing."
>"What?? Why?"
>"Just an early close day."
>Store has a high reputation from all my friends, find this odd
>"I have cash and a firearm I'd like to purchase."
>"Oh! Come right in. We can cut you a deal!"
>fucking kikes, oh well
>"So I'd like to purchase an M92 PAP. You have it listed on your website as something you can order."
>"A what??"
>Understandable, they mostly sell AR's
>explain
>"Okay, let me see....yep. Got it right here. And you want it?"
>"Yessir, I know you will have to order it but I can pay now."
>"Okay...that will be..."
>Owner looks at me and pauses
>"....Uh....$850"
>"Excuse me?"
>"Yeah, uh. It says right here."
>"Let me see."
>"I can't."
>"I'm going to go ahead and tell you that one of your employees said it was $500 for the firearm and transfer, total. $509 to be technical. That's what I brought."
>"Uh...oh! Yeah you're right. Heh. Sorry. I was looking at the MSRP."
>I have a C&R License which lets me see non-C&R firearm MSRP's on supplier websites. Is not $850 MSRP. Whatever.
>Like I said, this store has a HUGE reputation for being absolutely fantastic. Trust them and pay. Get receipt.
>"Should only take 2 weeks, max."
>"Sounds good!"
>Fast forward two weeks and call
>Young employee answers
>"Uh, sorry we don't have it yet. We've been looking though."
>"No worries, keep looking though. I'll call back next week."
>This continues for another 3 weeks
>Don't want to become a pain in the ass but decide to go in
>Explain
>"Uhhhh....we've been looking every day! Just can't seem to find one."
1/2
>>
>>34396673
>not threatening to call the BBB to light a fire under their asses
>>
>>34396673

2/2

>"Who is your supplier?"
>"Uhhhh, we can't say."
>"Okay. Well in the time I've been waiting, I've found four other websites with it for less than $500. I'd let you all keep the difference if you just order it through them."
>"We can't do that."
>"You can't do a transfer?"
>"lol no sorry, not if we are ordering it for you"
>"But that's a transfer."
>"No it isn't."
>"Look. Right here. Bud's has it for $400 on sale. You can keep all the extra, it will be a bigger profit. I'm trying to make this easy."
>"Oh hey, Buds uses the same supplier as us. We will call them and see."
>What the fuck
>They go get the owner, David
>We talk
>Feel like he's really cracking the whip now
>"Like one more week."
>Wait one week and call
>Young employee answers
>"Yeah bro, we totally got it! Should be in tomorrow!"
>Awesome! Finally. I'm excited
>Go in
>"Who told you that?"
>"Uh...a Marcus?"
>"He new..we don't have it."
>lose my shit
>"What the fuck is wrong with you people."
>"S-sir, let me get the owner."
>>
File: RageFace.png (13KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
RageFace.png
13KB, 300x309px
>>34396673
>>34396775

Owner walks in
>"Yeah?"
>"Look, I don't want to be a fucking prick but every time I come in, you asshats tell me it will be here the next week. This time you lie to me and say it's here and it isn't. You say you can't find one anywhere while I've found and emailed you five of them online. I want my fucking money back, right now and I'm calling the Better Business Bureau."
>"UH SORRY WE UH DON'T CHECK OUR EMAIL UH SHOW ME UHHH"
>"I SHOWED YOU THESE THE TIME BEFORE LAST IN PERSON AND YOU WROTE SOME BULLSHIT NOTE DOWN ABOUT IT"
>"HEH OH YEAH!"
>We magically find one right then and there
>Go in to buy it at week 10
>Fucking finally
>"Okay, that will be...$70"
>"For what?"
>"Transfers."
>"I already paid for everything and here's the receipt."
>"uhhhh let me get David"
>"HI MR ANON WE GOT IT. ARE YOU HAPPY??"
>"I'm in disbelief, what's this extra.$70?"
>"Oh uh....waiver that for him. We kinda messed things up."
>"Anything else we can get you? Need ammo?"
>"Do you have Tulammo?"
>"Yep! By the box for $15 or the big case?"
>"Wal-Mart has it for $7 a box but....how much is the case?"
>"Bout $360"
>"Go fuck yourself"
>Leave
>Fucking awful experience
>Never go back
>Leave shitty reviews everywhere online and file a 7b Complaint via the BBB
>Get a bunch of snarky replies back for reviews
>A few months later someone ND's and shoots someone in their shop
>They get sued into Oblivion
>Fucking kek

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2013-08-15/breaking-emergency-responders-swarm-10th-and-roberts-1-taken-away

Fuck you, Erwin's Pawn. It says Pawn but they almost only sell firearms.

Unfortunately they're the lowest prices compared to all other local shops in the area. Anymore, I order online and buy via an FFL running it out of his backyard. I nearly had a fucking stroke from the experience.

I mean, I would have even waited 3 months but these fucktards didn't want to do their job and kept appeasing me. Never again.
>>
File: 1495162618732.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495162618732.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>34396801
>>34396775
>>34396673
>>
>>34396701
Hah, the BBB means nothing.
>>
>>34396841

It doesn't, they didn't do shit. But slap them on the wrists.

Also, if you all look at their Facebook -- the girl who ND'd posted the one star review that's at the top. Her name is "Erica Lynn Bochnika".

More funny and snarky back-and-forth between the two and Erwin's son.

fb.com/Erwin-Pawn-Inc-459375157480829/
>>
>>34396801
Fucking assholes
>>
>>34386844
Support guns shops that are worth supporting.
Anyone who lives in northern Virginia should go to the gun dude.
>>
>>34396801
I had a weird one when I was trying to get a transfer through the one closest to where I live.

>place has pretty high review ratings online, their website is updated almost daily with the new shit they get in, good pricing all around
>email them asking to do the transfer, seller thats sending it also emails, they respond to him, he says that they sent him a broken link for their ffl
>he requests another working link or a pdf, never gets a response
>go in person to ask them to email it to him, guy types on the computer, after a minute says its done, leave
>ask guy if he got it the next day, they didnt send him anything, no chance they messed up seeing as i gave them his contact info on a paper printed out
>try emailing them again asking them to fax their damn ffl since they cant fucking email properly
>get response back "can we email it?"
>fuck you, get different ffl to do the transfer instead
>retards wasted 2 weeks with their shit, got the transfer 4 or 5 days after i went with the other one.

And thats how you make a customer never fucking go into your store ever again.
>>
File: 1498740034033.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1498740034033.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>34396898

Christ almighty man, that's about the same competence as Erwin's.
>>
My LGS is pretty decent if you don't buy guns there.

>Go in for FFL
>Fast, cheap, no hassle.
>I drop about $200 worth of reasonably priced ammo, CLP and a cleaning kit on the counter.
>Owner waives the FFL fee.

It's kind of a shame they don't carry any cheapass ammo, 'cause their prices are on point. I stick my head in every once and a while and buy some. On the downside, their gun prices are insane. I've had my eyes on a VP9 for a while, and they had one, new, for $680. Yeah, I want to support you fuckers, but not to the tune of $300 extra on a $480 gun.
>>
>>34396971
P30L > VP9
I am not going to support that with evidence or any meaningful comment but that really is my opinion.
>>
>>34386850
My LGS was dismissive of me when i went to go buy a gun at 18 even though i was prepared to slap down $700 on a rifle. All they had was glocks, tokarevs, and a weird mix of single shots and high end uberti/cimarrons and kimbers.

They also sold loose bags of mak food for the shitty FEG they had.

I am not surprised, nor upset about the fact that the store went under, seeing as it was just 3 old dudes shitposting with one another irl while giving me the stink eye for daring to ask questions about the differences between .223 and 5.56, and why there are a hundred models of glock
>>
>>34393685
I have a friend who owns both a rifle and a carbine. This has without a doubt a rifle length barrel and front sight. The rear sight was replaced with an aftermarket sight. It was also drilled and tapped for a scope.
I have talked to owners son, apparently the owner paid almost retail for a stock krag price and won't accept less than he paid for the gun. It is most likely going to sit on his shelf until his son buys the store from him and drops the price to sell it.
>>
>>34395887
tfw her arm is gone because she bumped into a stack of ammo boxes and a freak accident set off one primer, causing a chain reaction and 12 hits to her arm.
>>
>>34386902
You should have just bought a new one.
>>
File: 1539.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1539.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>34388551
No.
>>
>>34391085
rifle gear in plano has a pretty good selection but the prices are iffy im actually planning on getting a rifle from there next month
>>
I've bought 3 in the last year. Would buy more but funds don't allow for more funz.
>>
>>34395643
That's a take-down moron. That's about what they usually go for
>>
>>34392246
Lmao how many years ago grandpa?
>>
>>34397745
Note I only shop at two shops that sell at or 110% current MSRP. Shipping and FFL fee tend to be more expensive than just buying at the shops.

That said there are LGS and pawn shops that want 200% MSRP from fudds and millennials who can't google for shit. Don't even shop there for ammo. They want premium prices for garbage brands.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-150029.png (696KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-150029.png
696KB, 1080x1920px
>>34397810

http://www.texianfirearms.com/product.smith-wesson-sd-ve-9mm-4-101-textured-polymer-grip-blackss

>SD9VE for $358
>Telling me I'm Un-american if I don't buy shitty Ruger pistol

You and that shop can both suck my big fat Hispanic cock
>>
File: 20170628_230958.jpg (2MB, 1836x2329px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_230958.jpg
2MB, 1836x2329px
>>34398028
Within the past 2
>>
I've only been buying from drop shipping gun shops online recently, or whoever has the lowest price on slick guns.
>>
I really want to this goes for all areas of everyday living,but online and ali express are just so much cheaper its not even funny.
>>
>>34386844
>go into store to buy a cheap marlin .22 lr for gf
>deciding between walnut or synthetic
>guy at counter smirks at me and says "this your first gun?"
>absentmindedly say "nah its a gift for my gf"
>instantly the guy gives me a shit face and goes off ranting about what im doing is illegal and i cant buy guns for other people and he wants me to get out
Fuck local gun shops. I almost feel like getting a FFL license just to undercut all these assholes. I probably wouldn't even need to keep guns in stock, just doing transfers for 15$ a pop would fuck these bitches up.
>>
>>34386844
>buying guns and ammo above msrp
>selling or trading guns at a loss
No thank you.
>>
Why? It's not like a Game Store where you support it because you can play there.
>>
File: How business works.jpg (245KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
How business works.jpg
245KB, 600x849px
>>34392835
classic commies not practicing what they preach
>>
>>34390751
Big words don't make what you just said not super ignorant and bigoted, my dude.
>>
>>34398874
I lol'd at that pic
>>
>>34390549
S&W m&p15 is $500 at a local shop to me.
>>
File: hiatf.png (2MB, 1237x921px) Image search: [Google]
hiatf.png
2MB, 1237x921px
This store opened up a block from me. 400$ for a beat up nugget
>>
>>34392835

I thought it was his wife?

>>34399141
Yeah it was pretty funny.
>>
>>34396586
Is #1 Keith's Sporting Goods?
>>
>>34398381

>Printing your own fake receipts at the store you work at
>>
>>34399361
>fireworks, computer repair, and guns

I really feel like at least one of those doesn't belong with the others, and I'm equally interested in the demographic attracted to all three of those things at once.
>>
File: 20170606_031729.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_031729.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34400517
Thats a lot of work famalam
>>
File: kek.jpg (92KB, 1133x448px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
92KB, 1133x448px
>>34386844
>Do you support your local gun shops?
>>
>>34386844

I live in Houston and this seems to be an unfortunate problem everywhere.

I love Collectors Firearms, but I'm not paying 350$ for a nugget with mix and match parts.
>>
>>34400859
God damn and I thought 9mm glocks were overpriced at $500 AFTER taxes or shipping/transfer fees...
>>
File: 1463850471276.png (578KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463850471276.png
578KB, 600x600px
>be in pretty liberal IL town
>only gun store tries to undercut and wont do ANY FFL transfers, (if they do its $40) pretty much assholes with over priced shit.
>week rolls around, new gun store in literally the farmers market area, in shock of the location
>go in, owner sees guns as a pieces of art
>FFL transfer of $20
>has ranges of shot guns from $100 to one of a kind guns "worth" $20,000
>has a fucking Johnson machine gun on display

I know it may be good good to be true, but this is the ideal gunstore opening for me, but im holding my breath since i usually buy everything online still
>>
I own a small gun store (mostly a pawn shop) and I honestly have no fucking clue how small gun stores can stay open.

>dealer cost for me on glock 19 is 475
>sale them including tax (6.75%) for 575OTD
>every gun I can get new from my distributors you can get cheaper online
>I charge $10 per transfer (up for 4 for $10 at one time)

I do not understand how gun stores make it by selling new guns/accessories only. I will try to answer any questions about this shit if you guys are interested.
>>
>>34386844
All but 2 of my local shops are shit teir run by fudds who think it's a crime to not own a 1911 and always have terrible attitudes that are very offputting. There are 6 major LGS in Anchorage with the minority places that have a small collection.

>Ammo Can
>Wild West Guns
>Gun Runners
>Great Northern Guns
>Granny's Guns
>Alaska Ammo

All their firearms are way overpriced by about 200$ and their ammo prices are outrageous (Other than Alaska Ammo when you buy in bulk) The only place that even gives a decent price match deal is Granny's but the collection is so small that you hardly can find what you want. This is why Cabelas and Bass Pro are putting them out of business and fast.

>TL:DR Alaska blows ass for LGSs
>>
>>34400951
What's the margin like on reloading supplies? With hazmat fees adding to the cost of ordering online I'd think most guys would buy local if they could.
>>
>>34401034
Where I live the reloading community is basically dead. I may get one person a month who asks about reloading supplies.Only one gun store within an hour of where I am sells reloading supplies, and when I go there it looks like they never sell shit because all of the powder is covered in dust.
>>
>>34387097
lol YOU must be poor...and dumb.
>>
>>34399453
Nope Hilltop Firearms
>>
>>34400859
Four Seasons huh
>>
>>34400936
that's in MA
>>
>>34386844
Same price as online. They almost never have any crazy deals though.
>>
>>34397345
My guess is the dog probably had something to do with it.
>>
>>34400859
That's mass you fucking faggot, stop lying to everyone
>>
>Call Delco Shooting Supply in PA
>Hey you got any surplus rifles in stock?
>No we don't carry those
>check pictures of inside the store, assume maximum fuddery
>It's full of AKs and ARs
>buddy buys a home defence 870 from then for like 100 below everywhere else
>pleasantly surprised

>Go to Target Master
>Walk in and look around
>full of world war 1 and 2 militaria
>swords, knives, ww1 1911, muskets, all kinds of stuff
>ask if they have any surp because I'm looking for my first gun
>dude in his 20s looks taken aback and kind of insulted
>mg42 on display
>nah man we don't carry any of that old shit

>go some sporting good store in lancaster
>800 dollar airsaka
>turn 360 degrees and walkout
>>
My LPS has great deals on shit sometimes if they don't know what it is and get it off a pawn that was never picked up.

They've had an ithica on the shelf for a few months now at $550 and I'm waiting for them to give up and sell it to me for $300
>>
>>34401110
Correction its Hill Top Arms
>>
>>34401303
Fellow PA resident here

You ever been to Grice's in Clearspring PA? Seems like they have some good deals every once in awhile
>>
>>34401303
>>Go to Target Master
those fuckers have the worst attitude
and their ammo is overpriced
>>
Because why would i want to down talked by old cunts who know nothing at Article 2 in Lombard when i can just go to fucking Dicks and get what i need for a dicks length of the price.
>>
>>34401168
>>34401235

That's no excuse. Some Mass dealers will bring in new Glocks at retail. FS is just bunch of faggots. They sell "preban" Mini-14s (fixed stock basic bitch ones) for $999 when nearly every Mini on Gunbroker is preban and selling for under $500.
>>
>>34401641
i thought dicks stopped selling guns after sandy hook?
>>
>>34401155

Yeah, where nearly every gun is hundreds of dollars over market price but now and then they put something out there cheap. I'm eyeing the Ruger 22/45s they have at $200 pretty often.
>>
>>34400583
I have wanted to open a firearm/computer store for a while now. I doubt it'd do well but I love working with both.
>>
File: 1486574446038.jpg (73KB, 516x787px) Image search: [Google]
1486574446038.jpg
73KB, 516x787px
>>34400583
I live in Saginaw michigan so.....
>>
File: 1476062720760.png (454KB, 810x688px) Image search: [Google]
1476062720760.png
454KB, 810x688px
>>34387097

Get fucked Elmer. Maybe I'll throw you a bone with a transfer fee after I buy my shit online.
>>
>>34398168
Can someone fill me in on why local stores have a redirect to their catalogues that are nearly identical apart from name and color scheme? Even inventory is the same. I thought it was a thing for my area but the quoted's pic looks like the same format.
>>
>>34397721
That's acctually the other place I was talking about. Seems like every time I'm in there, someone is walking out with a SCAR or MPX. One time an employee got real excited showing me all their different red dots and stuff even though most of it is out of my price range and he seemed to think that a QD mount costing ONLY 200 bucks was a selling point. Real friendly staff and great pistol selection, but it's a little too gucci for me.
>>
>>34402431
yeah i agree with you i've never seen so many people come out of a store with $3,000 worth of shit consistently but it's closest to me and has one of the friendliest staff i've ever met so i'm gonna start going more often.
>>
>>34401952
TC mi here bro
>>
>>34402327
A lot of store use the distributors template and drop ship order.

A ton of them uses davidson's template with the original theme even.
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.