[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching Dirty Harry. Post your favourite parts about the movie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: dirty-harry.jpg (392KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dirty-harry.jpg
392KB, 1600x900px
Watching Dirty Harry. Post your favourite parts about the movie.
>>
>carries 44 meme-gun.
Get fucked
>>
>>34385064
>"my, that's a big one"
>>
>>34385064
When he sees niggers and just knows they're up to no good
>>
File: watermark_1.php.jpg (401KB, 3200x2180px)
watermark_1.php.jpg
401KB, 3200x2180px
>>34385068
the movie made it into a meme.

>>34385091
I like how in the end the dude gets rekt in the shoulder by 44mag but doesn't explode. instead, he keeps on fighting. good argument for shot placement over caliber right there...
>>
>>34385064
When they show the dead girls tits
>>
>Go ahead, make me laugh
- Taxi Driver
>>
>>34385064

a man has got to know his limitations
>>
>>34385064
I like the concrete cross scene when harry is delivering the money to scorpio. Eventually scorpio gets stabbed in the leg and lets out a blood curdling scream
>pic related
>>
>>34386691
All broken up about that man's civil rights.
>>
>>34385064
when the person at the coffee shop puts like 40 spoonfuls of sugar in his coffee
>>
I hate and love the really weird laughs that Scorpio does when firing his MP40. It just really does not sit right.
>>
>>34386691
https://youtu.be/e-qPhmAxkjc

This one?
>>
reminder that harry took an unscoped, not sighted in rifle to shoot the "sniper" and missed a 100 yard shot. pretty shitty shot imo.
>>
>>34386847
What exactly was his thought process when he decided that a safari rifle was the ideal counter-sniper tool?
>>
>>34387332
Methinks it was meant to showcase Harry's "style over function" mentality.
>>
The recoil management of Jerry Miculek when firing a .44MAG revolver single handed.
>>
>>34387332
he says he wants "every advantage he can get". which is sort of stupid. if he wanted that, he'd have picked a 300wm scoped rifle. meanwhile, all the regular cops that were stationed on the rooftops were seen with scoped rifles....
>>
>>34386815
Thats it. Theres a part were he gets out of their line of sight and takes the knife out of his leg and he makes a sound like it hurts so much he wants to throw up
>>
>>34387435
I almost threw up at the reaction of the police chief when harry taped the thing into his sock. "a cop shouldn't know how to use a weapon like that". really? a cop should not know how to use a knife? fuck you liberal 70s trash.
>>
>>34387359
He specifically mentions that He shoots 44 special doesnt He?
>>
>>34387568
If I remember correctly, there was a script error when he explains his handloaded ammo as being 38 wadcutters when it was supposed to be 44 special wadcutters.
>>
>>34387451
I think he was specifically talking about it being a switch blade stilleto which really doesn't have much utility outside of stabbing people.
>>
>>34387664
>I think he was specifically talking about it being a switch blade stilleto which really doesn't have much utility outside of stabbing people.

wow. so what's the utility of the 29 other than shooting people then? he's a cop. he carries weapons. weapons to maim and kill people if need be. your argument sounds like gun grabber talk.
>>
>>34385064
"Make today more interesting for me miscreant"
>>
>>34385091
UUUU
>>
>>34387664
>but why do you need a switchblade?
Fuck off communist
>>
>>34387568
>>34387632
>WRONG!
It was supposed to be special light load, as in a moderate 44 magnum

Clint fucked up and said light special load, whis is a light 44 spec.
>>
>>34387719
>>34387687
I'm not saying I agree with the chief. People should be able to own any weapon despite it's purpose. I'm just saying back then especially switch blades had a reputation be being the choice weapon for criminals and gangsters and the Chiefs sentiment somewhat justified. If he carried a hunting knife I doubt the chief would care.
>>
>>34387854
You're right. I actually looked it up after I posted but was too lazy to correct myself.
>>
When Harry becomes utterly disgusted by the fatso stuffing hotdogs into his face!

No one, and I mean no one puts ketchup on a hotdog. True to life Harry, fuck ketch up fags
>>
>>34385102
Clint Eastwood is everyone's loveable racist grandfather
>>
>>34386847
Probably the best the real SFPD had at the time.
>>
>>34389091
>Clint Eastwood

entirely /k

Gonzales: There is one question, Inspector Callahan: Why do they call you "Dirty Harry"?

De Georgio: Ah that's one thing about our Harry, doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody: Limeys, Micks, Hebes, Fat Dagos, Niggers, Honkies, Chinks, you name it.

Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?

De Georgio: Ask him.

Harry Callahan: Especially Spics.
>>
Anybody else think the movie wasn't really that amazing? It's a classic sure, and still fun today, but the bad guy is generic and not interesting, plus the characters don't get much development. I wasn't around back then so maybe it was great at the time.
>Inb4 characters don't matter it's a mindless action movie
Wtf I love transformers now
>>
File: Dirty Harry.jpg (867KB, 3072x2304px)
Dirty Harry.jpg
867KB, 3072x2304px
>>34390288
Scorpio was a great villain, Andy Robinson sold the character well. He was what the movie needed him to be.

I wonder what the eventual remake will be like.
>>
>>34385064
Do you really like this movie?... Well, do you punk?
>>
What kind of police department lets a detective carry around a .44 Magnum?
>>
>>34386755
That was the third movie I think.

>Who's we, sucka?
>>
>>34387332
The writers thinking it's cool, probably.
>>
>>34385064
>well you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
>well, are you, punk?
>>
>>34389071
Mustard4Lyfe
>>
>>34392281
>>well you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
Josey Wales
>>
>>34390288
Scorpio feels a bit uninteresting and kind of silly for how exaggerated he is and all, but overall I think the movie works fine for one particular thing; serving as an introduction of Dirty Harry, functioning as a prelude to the other movies.

I think Magnum Force has a much more interesting story and setup, as well as better villains.
>>
>>34390774
>I wonder what the eventual remake will be like.
>it will be gender bent with a woman cast as Harriet "Dirty Harry" Callahan
>still set in San Fran
>trying to stop some alt right group planning a terror attack at the pride parade that they will frame the Muslims for the attack
>Dirty Harry has a monologue in the climactic scene after killing the evil white mans henchmen
>decides to allow the prick to live, but as she walks away, he pulls a gun and she caps him
>also, no .44 Mag revolver, her side arm will be which ever company ponies up for product placement
in short, it will be worse than the Red Dawn remake
>>
>>34386847

The irons would have been pretty true.
>>
>>34387687
>>34387719

He never explicitly stated that these views were his own, guys.

Christ, I miss being young and reactionary.
>>
>>34390774
>I wonder what the eventual remake will be like.
Hopefully non-existant.

The movies I feel work because of the time and setting they're made in.
Unless you went through the painstaking effort of making it a period piece set in the 1970's (which they wont), you couldn't get the same characters, the same racial relations, the same story, the same town, the same action, the same music and sound design, hell, public perception of guns aren't the same, in these movies, Harry carrying a .44 Magnum is cool and unusual, there's a general fascination with high powered Magnums at this time, but these days, you wouldn't get the same reception on that, it would feel quaint and forced in the 2010's.
You see a modern film character carry a Desert Eagle or S&W 500, you wouldn't really take them seriously, especially not if they talked them up and the movie made a point to highlight it.

All but the last movie I feel perfectly encapsulates what a modern action film was supposed to be in the 1970's.
It has a certain grit to it, and while grit isn't a lost art by any means, remaking or reconstituting 1970's grit I feel is a big challenge and not something that any studios today would want to put effort into, especially since most remakes are thought up as easy cashgrabs.

I think a much better idea would be to write an all new gritty crime film trying to do it's own thing.
>>
>>34392511
>I think a much better idea would be to write an all new gritty crime film trying to do it's own thing.
naw, Hollywood wants what's safe, which is a known property ready for a franchise series, like, I don't know, Dirty Harry maybe?
>>
>>34392417
If we're being real, they'd probably come out as a really uninteresting and generic action movie for this day and age.
The lead actor would be someone uninteresting and uncharismatic, or some atrocious miscast, the racism would be downplayed or removed, the story would be a rethread but less interesting, the action scenes would somehow be really boring and there would be NO blood on the screen.
The music would be a very uninteresting copy of like the Dark Knight soundtrack at best, or in a nightmare scenario, some third rate dubstep remix of the original.

Everything about it would be unexciting and nothing would stand out, the studio would want to play it as safe as possible.
I genuinely doubt they'd try to put a super progressive spin on it because honest to god, the average person wouldn't want to go see a movie like that, at most they'd alter some elements or clean out offensive stuff.
Maybe if there's a backlash by the public because the new movie looks like fucking dogshit, the studio might pull a Ghostbusters and say it's because one of the actors or producers is gay or something (which nobody knew or cared about one way or the other), and a massive bitch campaign is drummed up, only for the new movie to bomb harder than anything in the past 20 years, and the studio is left standing with it's dick in it's hand, going "But what did we do wrong?" as the movie would be lucky to even make it's oddly inflated budget back.
>>
>>34392574
Yeah but nobody could capture the looks, charisma and screen presence of Clint at that age, that more than anything is the biggest hurdle, it would be like remaking Terminator and trying to find a substitute for 80's Arnold, there just isn't anyone who can do it, they had the perfect person cast at the perfect time.
You could maybe scrounge up a bodybuilder who can do a cold robotic routine, but even if he does a good job on his own, he still couldn't be Arnold.

Hollywood loves easy remakes, when it comes to something with a really good and memorable actor performance, it becomes very difficult.

One of the few remakes from recent years that I feel actually worked was Evil Dead, and one of the biggest reasons was that they excluded Ash, they understood fully that there was no way they could get someone with the looks and air of Bruce Campbell in his youth. Instead they wrote their own characters, with no substitute for Ash, because trying would only result in failure, and ultimately, the Evil Dead remake was quite ok, not perfect, but also not bad, it worked, the new guys did their own thing.
>>
>>34386815
That scene made me crack up when I watched the movie at 10 years old.

I rewound it and watched it like 10 times and called my dad into the room and he thought it was hilarious too.

Also (spoiler alert)

TUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

https://youtu.be/Ky7rHZmk9Yw?t=1m38s

come to think of it there is a lot of unintentionally funny shit in that movie.
>>
>>34391740

Plenty, especially back in the day.

Nowadays, in less-stringent departments, it's whatever you can qual with past a certain caliber requirement.
>>
>>34385064
I GOTS TO KNOWS
>>
here, watch this... unless of course you want to spend the whole winter in denver without no whiskey! https://youtu.be/EAS6IRGz5CQ
>>
>>34393316
This.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.