[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ meta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_2097.png (965KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2097.png
965KB, 1334x750px
Discuss the state of /k/ and how it can be improved.

In general /k/ needs to work to stop overly political posts because they aren't really applicable to weapons. /pol/ is for politics. Also people need to stop making really racist/sexist posts. Again it removes from the discussion

>try discussing kar98k
>someone talks about it being excellent to remove communists
>ahaha historical joke
>someone talks about how the Nazis did nothing wrong and the Holocaust was false and other conspiracy nonsense
>feeding this troll shits up a thread
>stormfront tier posts when talking about minorities and nonwhites

Really keeps this board from being a great weapons board.
>>
File: C2nbxaPWgAQ46Bm.jpg (230KB, 1181x1190px) Image search: [Google]
C2nbxaPWgAQ46Bm.jpg
230KB, 1181x1190px
>>34383301
all i want is for duplicate posts to be pruned, we had like 5 canadian sniper threads at once when that record was made. otherwise everything is fine.
>>
Agreed it can get annoying. Most of the time they get called out though. Best to ignore them.

Also I think police related threads should go on /pol/ as well
>>
>>34383301
We should be allowed to discuss gun control.
>>
>>34383301
>go to 4chan.org/bans
>never anything from /k/
mods really don't do much here
>>
Great way to improve the board faggot.
>>
File: 1497495109139.webm (2MB, 785x427px) Image search: [Google]
1497495109139.webm
2MB, 785x427px
>>34383360
This. Mods are noguns so they can't tell what's a troll and what isn't.

fanboying and trying to start brand flamewars imho should be bannable, like trying to do so in /v/.

You can't mention or suggest a Glock without 5 people sperging the fuck out.
>>
>>34383359
I think general firearm legislation should be a thing to discuss
>>
i want less faggots who want more rules. people are gonna talk about politics, get over it. i'm not a stormfag, but they're not nearly as much of a problem as nofunz and newfags who make humor threads
>>
We really need to do the opposite of what OP calls for since this is 4 chan and we have an image to uphold and normies to run off...
> go back to California you nigger faggot...
>>
>>34383301
>how it can be improved

You can leave and never return, for starters.
>>
>>34383568
>...
Ban people who do this shit.
>>
File: 1498577450087.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1498577450087.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>34383301
>>
>>34383301
Take a hike asshat
Weapons are the ultimate result of politics.
Racism and sexism arent a thing here. We are realists. When one race or sex proves itself flagrantly inferior at the use of weapons, we make a thread of gifs showing why.
>>
>>34383301
>people need to stop making racist and sexist jokes

Please neck your self nigger. If you can't handle some bantz on the interwebs then get the fuck off /k/.

>sage goes in all fields
>>
>>34383301
We've gotta get back to the guns.
There is now an 8BalChan board, /skout/ for threads that don't necessarily belong here, but don't belong on /out/, /an/, or /x/ either. I think Ashlands may be trying to migrate over there, I would like to see STALKER general migrate their since it attracts underage newfags like flies on shit. Moleman and Oppenheimer could have been sent there instead of just getting censored outright by clueless mods.
I understand the need for board culture, but things are out of hand, at least in this anon's opinion.
>>
>>34383359
>>34383399
This so much, I live in california and this seems like by far the best place to discuss ways to change our current path.
>>
File: derailleur.png (244KB, 661x716px) Image search: [Google]
derailleur.png
244KB, 661x716px
Ban faggots whose sole contribution to threads is shit like
>hi atf :^)
>le honeypot thread xDDD
>>
File: 1498592981075.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1498592981075.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>34383301
Look, /k/ is an equal opportunity offender. We want to piss off just about everyone. So, no, the "racism and sexism" will not really stop. Jokes are just that, jokes.
tl;dr: fuck off with your progressive shit.
>>
File: 1448840689376.png (193KB, 471x415px) Image search: [Google]
1448840689376.png
193KB, 471x415px
>>34383301
Mods don't do shit.

Even if it is brief, trend threads that just shit the place up for a week or so and then change topic are getting out of hand. Like Glock Perfection threads and shit like that(*blocks your path) that came before it. As soon as it is ID'd as a recurring, go nowhere (you) machine it needs to be pruned.

Threads talking about any tech or strategy for the 3rd Riech always turn to shit, usually from an over reaction to some stormfag bullshit that anyone with half a mind should ignore.

Threads that are an obvious mask for /pol/ shit, like police related stuff just turning into a /pol/ thread as soon as someone mentions black crime. Same goes for threads like "how Trump is bringing back your rights" Most gun control threads rarely go into a /pol/ tier unless something allows them to go on a massive anti-liberal rant. A conscious poster can prevent triggering such a rant that will inevitably derail the thread.

What we need to consider is that /pol/ is an incredibly fast moving board and it is very easy for someone's thread to either become so over crowded that OP will never get a solid response, never get the opportunity for discussion, or have his thread go off into oblivion without a single answer. It is easy for the average polack to think, "/k/ has a conservative user base, and I can easily get my topic of (bullshit previously listed) rolling here as long as I mention a weapon" and so the thread gets made and just ends up starting shit.
>>
>>34383719
I think all of you fucks need a containment general. Canada does it, your laws are worse than Canada. Everytime some newfag asks for advice, people give well researched advice and the OP goes "I'm in Cali bro LOL! I can't have any of that" they never state it ahead of time. CalGuns this, bullet button that, just make a general already.
>>
>>34383738
This, but with the caveat of banning anyone who posts "REEEEE /pol/ GET OUT" shit as well. There's two sides to this problem and they both need to be slapped with weekbans as soon as someone spots their bullshit.
I'm fucking tired of otherwise promising threads going to shit because newfag mcleddit walked in and couldn't not poke the fucking autist, and I'm tired of promising threads going to shit because the autist can't keep himself from posting off-topic bullshit.
>>
>>34383301
Fuck off and let us speak freely. Everything you want is the opposite of what is needed.
>>
>>34383301

Just take the /k/ link off the top in /pol/ and we should be good.
>>
>>34383301
r/guns already does everything you suggest. That is where you belong, where people like you have already ruined all the fun.
>>
>>34383540
>>34383604
>>34384410
There is no actual discussion amongst you stormweenie faggots
Fuck off back to your hugbox
>>>/pol/
>>
>>34384449
This
>>
>>34384449
>>34384464
Why do you want this board to be like reddit? Can't you just go there? They already have everything you want.
>>
>>34384473
Not wanting threads to be derailed by autistic wehraboos doesn't make /k/ like reddit.

Storm weenies are just annoying faggots who contribute NOTHING to any thread.
>>
>>34384473
>lmao why cant we derail threads with our incessant bullshit like /pol/ is your friend goys
Git.
>>
>>34383344
This, but >>34383301, any censorship in ANY way and you're no better than /pol/

I'm sick and tired of both of you stupid motherfuckers shitting up every thread we have with your four year old level "YUH-HUH!"-"UH UH!"-(repeat ad infinitum) bullshit.

People have freedom of speech.
People can both bitch about nazis and spout off racial slurs, and wether you agree with them or not, the same right that says you can bitch about it also says that they can say it.

In the end it's best that BOTH OF YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS shut the FUCK up and let people say what they will. That and Reddit can fuck off.
I don't know if their plan has worked and actual Anons believe in the "progressive" bullshit they tried to spread or if this is still them trying to plant their seeds of anti-1st-amendmentarianism here, but one way or another they need to leave.
>>
>>34383301

Anyone who posts a 1911 should be banned

Anyone who posts an AK should be double banned

>stop making racist/sexist jokes

fuck off nigger
>>
>>34384519
The other thing?

AR and AK generals just need to get combined.
Think back to when your mother got pissed at you and your brother for fighting and started to force you to do shit together.

No it didn't fix anything but you both became quiet and hated each other silently instead of bugging your mother.
I believe all the "HURR, BUY AN AR!" Shit would stop if we combined them.

It would also mellow out /arg/; those guys are fucked in the head and need some sane people to keep them out of trouble.
>>
>>34384519
>People have freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech = freedom of government interference in your speech.

It doesn't count for shit in a private forum like 4chan.
>>
File: WOW.png (386KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.png
386KB, 500x500px
SO PROBLEMATIC
>>
>>34384546
>4chan is private.
Fuck no. Anybody with a computer and internet can access 4chan.
It should be considered the same as standing in a town square screaming, if not even more public due to the sheer number of people who could access it.

And as for rules, I agree with only one thing.
Nothing illegal. Sayin "DA JOOS DID IT!" Isn't illegal. I don't necessarily agree with it. But. It's an almost troll like relationship between the pussies who whine about it and the idiotic stormfags who then feel the need to shout them down with racial slurs.

But.

It all boils down to some stupid fuck with a four year old on the playground mentality.
As a parental figure used to say to me, "you need to stop worrying about others and worry about yourself; only you can control yourself and the same goes for them."

This goes for both the stormfags and the whiny bastards
>>
>>34383301

fuck off nigger
>>
>>34383301
How about this
If you take offense about how racis /k/ was and is literally all the time forever then your shitposting gets YOU banned for being a tumblr and Reddit browsing nogunz faggot
>>
>>34384586
If you're using someone else's privately held resources, and a person responsible for those resources tells you to shut the fuck up and/or get the fuck out, it's not violating your free speech.

Standing in a publicly owned area and screaming is completely different.
>>
>>34384626
Then go and fuck off because it has literally never been enforced.

I have literally never used a racial slur in my life but I'll be damned before I see anyone else's right to be able to say whatever the fuck they damn well please in any way shape or form infringed upon.
Tl;dr, if the mods wanna start getting after people for saying slurs then so be it.

But until then fuck off back to your hugbox.
>>
File: Untitled.png (192KB, 314x825px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
192KB, 314x825px
>>34384643
>it has literally never been enforced
. . .

Also, advocating for your idea of """freedom of speech""" goes against private property rights. Y'know, like communism.
>>
File: Untitled.png (33KB, 785x185px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33KB, 785x185px
>>34384678
Wrong image...
>>
>>34384678
Nigger nigger nigger. Freedom of speech as a right means that government can not prosecute for expressing an opinion. It does not protect you if you make threats, how ever. If you are on private property or you are using the property of someone else, like posting on their Korean dog fart sniffing forum, they can tell you to fuck off for what ever reason they please. Nigger nigger nigger!
>>
>>34384695
>If you are on private property or you are using the property of someone else, like posting on their Korean dog fart sniffing forum, they can tell you to fuck off for what ever reason they please.
Yeah, that's what I was explaining to him.
>>
>>34384678
Maybe so.
But until they start banning people, it sure as fuck isn't your place to bitch at them.

You only incite more people to scream slurs. This makes you one of two things.
An idiot, or a troll.
>>
>>34384709
>But until they start banning people
See: >>34384685
>>
>>34384716
You know, this whole "explaining why you are your own fucking problem" thing is getting to be like talking to a wall.

Instead of an argument it's devolving into us going back and forth over where exactly the first amendment stops if at all, and whether or not it would be communist, if at all.

I'm gonna make this short.

You can't do shit except report people.
You are not a mod.
The mods normally disregard it, and he's, con-fucking-gradulations, you have a picture of someone banned for a slur.
But it doesn't change the fact that you, the person who complains, feeds their tendencies towards being a troll. Let it back down to a low simmer instead of trying to shut it off and bringing it to a boil.
It stops wasting everyone's time and while you may not like it, thread quality goes up when complaining goes down.
>>
>>34384749
I'm not complaining about anything, I'm just explaining why it's not against freedom of speech to ban someone in a private forum for saying shit.
>>
>>34384709
Do you not like the nigger word? Maybe reddit is a site more suitable to you and your kind. They love banning people over words there.
>>
>>34384768
Huh. Are you even the guy I started the argument with?
>>34384780
And they're fucking morons.
I simply don't feel the need to say it, that's all.
>>
>>34384787
That's totally fine, but don't worry about others saying it. You can't stop them from doing it and they certainly don't deserve a ban over it. Banning them gives the word more power anyway.
>>
>>34384802
That was my entire fuckin' point.
>>
>>34384695

>Korean dog fart sniffing forum
Kek.
My nigger.
>>
File: IMG_1252.png (226KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1252.png
226KB, 500x1200px
>>34383301

Mods that instaban people who post /pol/-tier shit, and take down threads not related to firearms (with some leeway).

If you can't voice your opinion/ideas/perception of history in a place that doesn't want it, voice it in the place that does.
>>
>>34383360
>>34383389
Honestly mods being nice and subtle is far better than the alternative.

I got banned from /his/ 3 times in a month for discussing the history of Islam outside of /b/.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (253KB, 1066x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
253KB, 1066x2208px
>>34383724
This, toss in the glocknade memers. You cant mention glock without someone going "le handgrenade"
Its not even fucking applicable to current glocks, that probelm has long be fixed and the joke has gone stale a long time ago.

>inb4 "muh board culture humor"
Most board culture is just a tool for nogunz and mewfagz to spout to feel like they fit in without actually contributing to discussions.
>>
>>34384995
Change
>not related to firearms
to
>not related to weapons, military equipment, or military vehicles

I like /k/ because it offers more than just pure gun discussion like some typical gun board. But yes, anything outside that realm, or using any of the above to mask an offtopic thread, shouls removed.
>>
File: e15.jpg (53KB, 639x473px) Image search: [Google]
e15.jpg
53KB, 639x473px
>>34385811
Id like to expand this a bit and say any rehash of a well known green text or stale /k/ meme should be pruned.

Take the deer threads for instance, yes the is referencing that old as fuck greentext about fucking a deer and your just farming replies joking about "fug da deer xD" its not even funny anymore.

The hypocrisy here is amazing, you guys complain about reddit, tumblr, 9gag running memes into the ground, yet do the same exact thing here with any sort of slightly funny greenttext or /k/ meme. /k/ board culture isnt humorous anymore because people just keep regurgitating the same old shit over and over again.
>>
File: k feels good.png (936KB, 1020x746px) Image search: [Google]
k feels good.png
936KB, 1020x746px
Trolls gonna troll, and faggots like you will never stop feeding them.

But for once I want to look at the bright side : I've been here for about 5 years I think and noticed some changes over time. Of course the recurent patterns are still here and will be for a long time, but there are slight improvments within them.

For example, AK vs AR debates used to be all the rage. People would very seriously flame each other over this, with both sides spewing cold war era fuddlore.

Try to make an AR vs AK bait thread now and you'll get nothing but reasonable and level-headed posts about how each gun is good within the apropriate context, how both are good enough for today's infantry fighting because the tech has plateaued, how small arms are pretty much irrelevant now in the grand scheme of war with planes and artillery doing all the job, etc.
And the AR has gotten so prominent in the US civilian market you can't really argue it isn't the best option for private ownership.

I witnessed the end of slavaboos spewing Ivan Chesnokov memes (heck I used to be one), the slavaboos of today seem more tame.

Remember the endless 9mm vs .45 caliber wars with occasional 5.7 wound vectors? Maybe I'm delusional but it seems to me most people have accepted that all pistol calibers are equally shit and you should carry whatever you're more comfortable with.

In the end /k/ is mostly shit because of people misusing their freedom of speach, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This freedom allows for great moments of grace within the sea of shit.
It's up to you to enjoy them and ignore the rest.
>>
>>34383301
>how it can be improved.
I think the summer season itself should be banned.
/pol/tards are bad enough in the normal months too though, but summer amplifies everything shit about the board.
>>34383360
Problem is, most of the worst people here are phoneposters and a ban won't stop them.
>>
>>34383389
Reminder that it was Mods who said that Oppenheimer threads were not /k/ related and banned him.
>>
>>34386168
>phoneposters and a ban won't stop them.
BS. Bans work on phones.
>>
Interesting that this thread is no longer bumping...
>>
>>34385962
>the end of Ivan chesnokov
No, people stopped butchering AKs so badly.
TAPCO is almost never seen here except as a joke or as a cheap mag.
Tacticooling is usually tastefully done as opposed to the ugly gaudy bullshit that people used to do.

And if someone posts an abomination?
NYET, RIFLE IS FINE AND YOU OF BEINGS A BASTARD!
>>
The real problem with stormweenies on this board is it will turn (if it hasn't already) into an FBI sting of some sort. Posting here or even browsing will put you on a watchlist
>>
>>34386666
Checked
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.