[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ - Secrets Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

File: SandBrrt.gif (3MB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
SandBrrt.gif
3MB, 445x250px
Time to admit your deepest darkest /k/ secrets

I'll start us off

>My great-grandpas old Rem 1100 gave me a bruise after shooting it and I secretly think it's him punishing me for being a disappointment

>I have no clue when I should clean my guns despite having lots of gun cleaning stuff

>I'm totally lost on how to shoot shotguns without fucking myself but if I make a thread on /k/ I'll get bullied (See first point)
>>
Bad: I sold a batch of guns for cash so that I could buy a motorcycle. Wife got pissed so I sold the bike and gave her the cash.

Worse: Part of the batch was a Makarov. My dad just gave me his Hi Point 380. I prefer the Hi Point because I couldn't shoot the Makarov for shit, but I know I'm pretty good with the Hi Point.
>>
>>34380562
I don't know why but I have an intense desire for a ton of mak clones. I really want one of those pa-63's but I'm under-21 and they are hard to find in my area
>>
>>34380562
>Wife got pissed so I sold the bike and gave her the cash.
You should have just rode it off a high bridge. What in fuck, /k/omrade?
>>
>>34380533
Shotguns act like all other guns, just with slight spread to the shot. For moving targets, lead the target and practice until you get it right.

Clean your guns after you shoot them. Even though they don't need it that frequently, there's no harm in cleaning them, it's enjoyable, and you get to spend time fingerfucking them and stripping/assembling them.
>>
>>34380651
I've heard cleaning them too much can cause damage?

As for shotguns, I'm wondering if it's me being like 130lb skellington. Either way I need to do more shotgun practice.
>>
>>34380676
Don't use steel brushes or sandpaper. Otherwise you're pretty well fine. If you're really worried, only use aluminum push rods.

Yeah, being a hungry skeleton probably hurts. You could try 20 ga or 16 ga, although 16 is a bitch to find ammo for. Or just reduced power loads until you get used to it/harden up a bit.
>>
I hate shooting and I really don't like guns at all besides for their engineering value
>>
File: 1491998891412.png (72KB, 226x263px) Image search: [Google]
1491998891412.png
72KB, 226x263px
>>34380562
>I sold a batch of guns for cash so that I could buy a motorcycle. Wife got pissed so I sold the bike and gave her the cash.
I can't. I just can't. Literally shaking.
>>
File: da0.jpg (210KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
da0.jpg
210KB, 900x675px
>>34380562
I don't understand this. You sold YOUR guns to buy a bike for yourself, assuming you didn't spend extra money why did it matter? You liquidated part of one hobby to invest in another.

>inb4 women were a mistake
>>
I think mosins, makorovs, sks, military surplus rifles, and that one AR railed handguard, are for neckbeards and faggots. Whenever I see those I cringe on the inside.
>>
>>34380767
Is there such a thing as a tacticool fudd? Why don't you like milsurp?
>>
>>34380767
Well I think you're a judgemental retard who hates it when people like things you don't.
>>
>>34380764
Women were a mistake.

At least this one.

I should have been gay.
>>
Bad:
>I buy more gun parts/odds and ends because I want to build my own guns with them. I usually end up working on them for a while before quitting
Badder:
>I think most conventional guns are retarded. Ex. ARs are gay, glocks are gay, AKs are alright
>I like blackpowder guns better. I only own 1 modern gun
>I'd rather carry a derringer than a compact semi auto
>I think revolvers are better than semis too
>>
>>34380764
women are a mistake
fuck you
>>
>>34380794
I dunno I just like the plain jane AR15
>>
File: e12.png (475KB, 680x567px) Image search: [Google]
e12.png
475KB, 680x567px
>I love ak's more than anything else, I think they are cool looking, fun to shoot, fun to clean, I even like building and putting them together.

>I still think there is literally no excuse to not have an AR even if you don't like it because they are piss cheap right now and it's the perfect time to get one.
>>
>>34380533
I have plenty of money for guns, but I almost never buy anything because I have no idea what to get, and it doesn't really bug me to only have a few guns.
>>
>>34380799
I think you're a retard who wants to be different at the expense of practicality.
>>
>>34380839
>practicality
>hates all military surplus guns
>>
>>34380824
The AR thing is 100% accurate, and the AK thing is subjective, but not wholly unreasonable.

You don't have to hide this, anon.
>>
>>34380839
>that milsurp rifle isn't PRACTICAL enough!
News flash, most people aren't oper8rs and don't buy guns just based on how practical they are. Machine guns aren't practical for civilians. Destructive devices aren't. A .375 H&H definitely isn't practical for North American hunting outside of a few cases. Now despite the lack of a need for a 20mm rifle or an automatic 1911 both of these exist and are owned by many Americans. It's like cars - you really don't need a Lamborghini to drive to the grocery store, but it sure would be cool to most people.
>>
>>34380870
>Still noguns
y tho? Just go buy one. Even a hipoint is better than nothing.
>>
I think that a well-rounded gun owner should gave both an AK and an AR.
I just think ARs are incredibly boring to own and shoot. The only AR I like is an A1 and I really hate the look of all the stuff in /arg/ - tactic00l stocks, muzzle devices, attachments, etc. I don't think any of it should be banned, it just really doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>34380913
>Massachusetts
I'm sorry to hear that, anon. Place needs to be burned to the ground.
>>
>>34380807
Sell parts plz
>>
>>34380807
Nothing wrong with the second string. Its all personal opinion. I personally jizz over lever actions, wheel guns, and double barrels
>>
>>34380676
eh, I bruised the first 2 times with a remington 1100 I got from my pops. It kicks harder than the 870 I got. but it's still good fun, either by a maxi pad for your shoulder or eventually you'll get used to it. I really only clean my shotguns every other time because I don't shoot that much whenever I go out to the range.
>>
When I first started getting into firearms I thought grains meant how much powder was in the cartridge. Hoooleeee shit when I learned what it actually meant I remembered a conversation I started at my LGS about how my bolt wouldn't cycle when I shot Tulammo and I suspected "The cartridge probably doesn't have all 55grains the box says it does".

WHOOOO MAKES ME CRINGE EVERY TIME I REMEMBER IT.
>>
>>34380533
my first time with a shotgun was an 870 with a shitty narrow folding stock, my shoulder was all kinds of purple and gold for a week.
>>
File: received_294595224330790.jpg (44KB, 427x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_294595224330790.jpg
44KB, 427x960px
>>34380533

The bad
>I tend to impulse buy more firearms before even really shooting what I have.
>I almost never stock extra ammo and when I do I burn through it immediately (I shoot about every other weekend)
>Almost never buy shit to improve the guns I already have (spare mags, better optics, etc) even though I plan to.
The ugly
>I love and respect Hi-point as a manufacturer as well as their guns. I find their ugliness and simplicity endearing.
>I unironically carry a Ruger LCP in my fanny pack
>I prefer my 30-30 levergat to my AR any day of the week and regret buying my AR over saving for a 45-70 levergat

Fuck the haters
>>
I was starting to build up a little collection, lost job, things went to shit, became terminally depressed poorfag.

haven't gone shooting in 5 years

long guns ~10 years, like I can afford to feed a semi 308 anyway.
>>
Im a prepper, but i hate the ar. I hate the shit out of it, but I cannot argue the practicality of them, for when the happening happens.
>>
>>34380533
I think that SKS rifles outclass pretty much every AK, but I still really want an AK for some reason.
>>
>>34380764
women get all freaked out when their man buys a motorcycle, they automatically think that husbando will die in a retarded accident and leave her and the children to fend for themselves. Its a reasonable fear though, but they wont behave reasonably about it.
>>
>>34380767
>>
>>34384108
Sure.
You want a blemished AK barrel or a blemished shotgun barrel.
Think hard.
>>
>>34380562
which she probably spent on a new pair of shoes or a better purse to carry your balls in.
>>
I like bizarre actions like falling block, trap door and rolling block. Every new action I encounter in the world I fawn over and cycle dozens of times. The engineering and ingenuity of the designs makes my dingle tingle.
>>
>>34380533
If my guns ever go near a UV light I am fucked.
>>
>tfw killed a bedouin with my buddy in Kuwait

He came at us with a knife to be fair, no one ever found out either.
>>
>>34384905
It's probably more like no one cares
>>
File: 2.jpg (40KB, 442x465px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
40KB, 442x465px
>>34384893
>>
File: target.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
target.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>34380533
> In bong army
> At the range
> Prone at 400m, no sights
> Annual weapons test for a few of the blokes
> Mate can't shoot for shit
> He's lucky to get 4%
> He needs 80% to pass
> Hes the minimi gunner for a reason
> me and guy next to him decide we can "miss" a few times to help him pass
> Deliberately miss a couple of times, and hit his target for him
> Scores come up
> Mate not only passes but achieves marksman
> problem is he's got a 120% hit rate
> I barely re qualify as marksman
> Other mate helping out not only fails to requalify for marksman
> He fails the Weapons test
turns out the retard had been practising for it...

> get called before the CO & RSM about the fact that we either did it deliberately or accidentally
> Its pretty obvious due to our poor scores from what we usually get
> Asks us what the flying fuck was going on
> Own up to it
"gentlemen, thats the kind of integrity & comradeship i want in this regiment"
>>
>>34385255
Another time
> Drove up from Musa Qala to kabul for reasons
> No body really wants to go since the road is so long & quite a few IEDs
> Get asked if we can take a HVI to Bagram
> All heard pink PT belt rumour so we jump on it
> more importantly there's a motherfucking pizza hut
> Drive there doing 80MPH the whole fucking way
> get there & go on the prowl for women
> Since we're bong we've grown out our beards a bit
> All built since we don't get any TV or internet
> We all sell our hauls to americans who want EMAGs, our Carpets, other souvenirs to try and get some money
> We have Condoms for "water carrying" and "distribution to locals"
> Find a 7/10 with pink belt
> The rumours are not true or at least for this one
> buttttttttttttt...
> "Hey you're british right?"
> Get chatting & use my charm on her
> Hour later i end up Downloading 4 months worth of testosterone and adrenaline induced spunk inside her
> must have had about 4 goes on her
> Go to pizza hut, gorge myself on 3 pizzas
> Everyone got laid
> Apart from our battalions resident creep
> He got caught bashing his bishop in a womens room whilst eating peanuts
> Load up our vehicles with enough pizza to feed to FOB
> Drive 500 miles the way back to musa qala
> Enter the fob like returning heros
> Dispense Pizzas
> Everyone asks if we had a good time since we look so relaxed
> The road to kabul is arguably the most dangerous route in country
> It was OK.
never told anyone outside of our section what really happened.
>>
File: no globalists.jpg (106KB, 1020x640px) Image search: [Google]
no globalists.jpg
106KB, 1020x640px
>>34380562
Why not simply say "No one gets to tell me what to do, I will keep the bike and you're just going have to live with that."?
>>
>>34385255
There appears to be some inconsistencies in your story you crow g-man bullshitter
>>
>>34384246
But you do measure powder charge in grains when you're reloading, and of course old times black powder cartridges would have their powder charge in their name, e.g. .45-70: a .45 cal cartridge with a 70grain black powder load.
>>
>>34380676
Make sure the shotgun is firmly against your shoulder.

Past that, some bruising is normal. I even get a few little dots of blood after a day of shooting things out of the sky.

I kinda don't use the whole stock and just about the bottom half is in my shoulder pocket which allows the whole shotgun to be raised up a little extra so I don't have to bring my head down to the gun
>>
File: 1482156584773.png (413KB, 475x599px) Image search: [Google]
1482156584773.png
413KB, 475x599px
>>34385255
>intentionally cross lane firing

[Beasts internally]
>>
File: Caw Caw motherfucking crow.jpg (31KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Caw Caw motherfucking crow.jpg
31KB, 615x409px
>>34385306
400m open sight
78% to pass 85% for marksman for infantry APWT
Its not uncommon that depots and units have higher requirements than standard.

the only crow i see here is you

>>34385324
To be fair it is very is to do if you're not in the pits.
>>
>>34385335
>APWT

bloody hell grandpa, what was life like during the blitz?

Get with the times, it's the progressive ACMT

I bet you still call it FIBUA you problematic individual
>>
>>34385350
TLA is A TLA of TLA
FIBUA is now OBUA, but for when shit gets real you can use fish & chips

ACMT then, surely this implies that the individual has already done the APWT then, which indeed requires a WHT
>>
>>34380562
Lose good job, have to accept lower paying one, couldnt make ends meet one month so I went to sell one of my guns.
>waifu: No, dont sell your guns, you love them!
>gotta make ends meet until I get better work though
>waifu: "we'll sell some of my jewelry then!"
>agree to sell one of my cheaper unused guns and she sells one of her cheaper unused gold necklaces

Good women still exist anon, dont let a souless harpy ruin your life.
>>
>>34385350
Isn't the new ACMT now 50 rounds instead of 60 and all with optic?
is target is smaller now but at 50m instead?

Please forgive am old sod who got out in 06

>>34385368
So many TLAs and FLAs.

I think the ACMT is the new APWT, but some people would still use it i imagine, i had an old WO who insisted that it was a WPT when we had been using APWT
>>
>>34385274
>> He got caught bashing his bishop in a womens room whilst eating peanuts
I've heard this one, was the talk of bastion in '10, did he get jankers for it?
>>
>>34385274
Heheh, I heard about that. Rumor mill being what it is the guys nationality changed around here and there depending on who told it but the core part of the story with a guy masturbating in the womens room whilst eating peanuts stayed true. I just thought it was scuttlebutt though.

Mine
>just outside ramadi, 2015
>on half rations, no smokes, no electricity, no running water
>morale very low, food is both of horrid quality and insufficient portions
>talk with locals
>hatch a plan
>I and my squad of marines are attached to a joint SOF group between SEALs and SAS to act as overwatch and QRF on their missions, so we are allowed to enter and exit the compound at will
>only answer to seal team chief
>was a wierd deployment, bear with me, im not tryin to make myself sound like I got a big dick, just how we were deployed that time around
>tell seal chief about plan
>hes in but I gotta do him a favor too
>load up black armored SUVs with assorted creature comforts like toilet paper, batteries, soap, etc etc
>drive em down to bazaar in middle of ISIS/Iraqi army contested ramadi
>pile outta the big black SUVs, geared to the gills in armor, guns, explosives, knives, etc etc
>face wraps for extra cool factor
>shop keeper is literally shaking and crying
>"we will give you all of this stuff for literally all of your cigarettes"
>hes still crying a bit, but now with relief, actually plants a big wet sloppy kiss on my facewrap
>oh and one more thing, find us cigars... Like atleast 6 of em
>craptastic dried out cigars appear from god only knows where
>go back to compound, distribute cartons of iraqs cheapest most throat scorching cigarettes to the compound
>give seal chief his stogies
>"resupply" runs into ramadi become normal
>written off as KLE and intel collection
>end up setting up an economy based on toilet paper, mouthwash soap, and cigarettes

So yeah. I got to go to ramadi when it was still a hotspot cuz brass wasnt really paying any attention to us.
>>
>>34385350
>I bet you still call it FIBUA you problematic individual

FIBUA is still FIBUA as of 2017, anyone who told you otherwise is a problematic individual for teaching people wrong.
>>
>>34385274
>> Apart from our battalions resident creep
>> He got caught bashing his bishop in a womens room whilst eating peanuts
Is that gaskin from 452 Sierra?
>>
>>34384342
What kind of autist actually hates AR-15s?

Stuck in a shitty configuration because you can't afford the parts you want/need?
>>
>>34386762
>Autist
None, he's a hipster. Hipsters deal in mediocrity and idiosyncrasies neither of which the AR is.

Great capacity, great accuracy compared to it's contemporaries, great reliability, good ergonomics and hella cheap. Literally everything hipsters hate.
>>
>>34380533
Are the O-rings in your 100 damaged/incorrectly installed?
>>
>>34380533
Be me
Be15
Be horny young fuck in the woods looking for metal
FInd horse
Long story short try.. Mounting the horse
>pls don't judge too harshly
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.