[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P320 vs VP9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 2014-11-28 22.20.20_zpspxywvk4h.jpg (97KB, 800x632px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-28 22.20.20_zpspxywvk4h.jpg
97KB, 800x632px
so i'm thinking of getting my first gun soon. I think i've narrowed down what I want to these two, but not sure where to go from here.

Thoughts and experiences with each?
>>
Step 1. Go to gun store.
Step 2. Hold them and to see how they feel in your hands.
(Optional) Step 3. If the store has a range built-in, shoot the guns and see how they handle.

There, now you've done it yourself!
>>
>>34380546
What this guy said. You really can't go wrong with either. I got the vp9 because it fits in my hands better, and I don't see myself waiding through the jungles of vietnam anytime soon. I can answer any vp9 questions you have
>>
>>34380546
Basically this, I own a P320 and have shot a VP9 and they're both pretty solid.
>>
>>34380528
both are junk you should just by perfection and get a glock.
>>
>>34380650
i've heard that the VP9 feel "cheap" compared to other HKs is that true?

do you like the ears on the slide?

>>34380727
is bore axis a problem or just a meme?

how's the grip texture?
>>
Walther is currently offering a $100 dollar rebate on their ppq, which normally goes for a similar price to the two handguns you mentioned. Additionally, the magazines of the three are comparably priced.
>>
File: thumb_IMG_2048_1024_zpsirsrmxsz.jpg (175KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_IMG_2048_1024_zpsirsrmxsz.jpg
175KB, 768x1024px
>>34380752
It's mostly a meme against Sig from glock owners.
Physically, yes, it does produce more muzzle flip but unless you're an olympic shooter, it's shouldn't be a concern.
Berettas, 1911s, and USPs(arguably a very top tier pistol) all have "high" bore axis'.
>>
>>34380752
theres some truth to bore axis, but theres so much more to a good fitting handgun than that. sig 229 and the hk usp both have high bore axis, but it only bothers me on the sig because of the grip. the usp just fits my hands better. the best way to pick a handgun is try it out for yourself
>>
>>34380752
If you're good enough at shooting that you have to worry about bore axis, you're not asking questions about it here.
>>
>>34380528
The VP9 is way more complicated inside and feels more "full-featured" with the replaceable grip panels, slide ears, paddle mag release, even the cocking indicator is kind of like a feature. The P320 feels more like a tool - the plastic feels cheaper and the basic operation is far more straightforward and simple. The grip of the VP9 feels like putting together Legos, while the grip of the P320 feels like a DeWalt cordless drill. You can pay Sig $45 or so to get a new grip module in a different size, but you probably won't, so it's going to be a one-size-fits-most sort of gun. Since they both retail for about the same price these days, I would give the edge to the VP9 for perceived value. As for which one you'll like better, you're going to have to decide that for yourself.
>>
VP9 looks very mall ninja
>>
>>34380528

As good as the P320 trigger felt when I dry fired it, I was extremely underwhelmed with the gun after shooting it.

The one I shot also was having a ton of malfunction on extraction with admittedly crappy ammo but I was running the same in my P229 with no problems.

>>34380758
The PPQ for $100 off is the right answer here.
>>
File: 320sc9bss.jpg (895KB, 2048x1430px) Image search: [Google]
320sc9bss.jpg
895KB, 2048x1430px
I like my 320 a lot.
>>
>>34380528

I have a 320. It's a good gun, the trigger is not bad at all. Haven't had any problems at all so far. I also have a 226. The 226 is better, but it's also a lot more money.

I have fired a VP9 and thought it wasn't too bad either. I would fire both yourself and then make a choice. Prob can't go wrong either way.
>>
File: 1497200471695m.jpg (73KB, 296x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497200471695m.jpg
73KB, 296x1024px
Ive shot both and enjoyed both. I went with the VP9 and it hasnt let me down.
>>
>>34380528
I rented a 9mm p320 and was disappointed.

The gun's light weight (compared to all metal Sig's) and high bore axis do not go well together at all
I didn't like the trigger (but I wouldn't say it was awful)
I didn't like the grip. I had to jam my hand up as high as I could to get a decent feel for the gun. (I have average size hands, or maybe slightly smaller)
I didn't like the grip angle unless I used the unnatural, deliberate grip technique described above
I only shot 100 rounds (Sig OEM ammo?) and had a malfunction on my 99th shot

Based on my experience, I would say the army is making a mistake. I can't even imagine shooting one in a larger caliber
>>
File: IMG_6330.jpg (1MB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6330.jpg
1MB, 720x960px
Between the two you've narrowed it down to, go for the VP9. The P320 is probably my least favorite plastic gun I have. But you should also consider the PPQ and a Glock19/17
>>
File: YUOSEEIVAN.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
YUOSEEIVAN.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>34380528
fuck off jake you cheap nigger
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.