[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR15 parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: DSCF1914.jpg (1MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1914.jpg
1MB, 2848x2136px
Alright so I've decided to get my first gun: An AR15 which I want to build myself.
Does anyone have a list of all the parts and tools I'll need?
>>
>>34379928
Bump
>>
I built my first rifle recently. Had a SAA stripper lower and a psa completed upper with magpul furniture and their lower parts kit. All i needed was a set of punches and a hammer. Only needed the hammer for the bolt release and trigger guard. Added magpul BUIS and a holosun hs503bu. What helped the most was having a gf as an extra set of hands, i live in an apartment so no actual workspace. Oh and an ar multitool to tighten the castle nut. My upper and barrel was completed already so i dont know what youd need for that.
>>
>>34380036
How "completed" was the upper and barrel? I remember seeing "completed" uppers for sale without a bolt or any bits of a BCG.
And how much did you pay for all of that?
>>
File: 20170627_164318.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170627_164318.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>34380065
Just the gun bits was 75 for upper, around 400 for the others. It was all a kit from psa, included barreled upper assembly, bcg, and lower parts kit. The magpul furniture was a little extra, they have cheaper kits. I bought the punches for around 30. Multitool was like 20. Total of 525. Could have found a cheaper lower but decided to buy from a local shop.
>>
>>34380155
Sorry 75 for lower not upper
>>
File: fromarg.png (227KB, 1224x1322px) Image search: [Google]
fromarg.png
227KB, 1224x1322px
>>
>>34380187
I'm guessing I'll have to pick out a barrel/upper myself considering I live in MD.
>>
For everyone on this thread, here's what I have picked out at the moment.
Anderson AM-15 AR15 Assembled Lower - No Stock
BROWNELLS - ASSEMBLED UPPER RECEIVER & AR-15 5.56MM NATO HBAR BARREL (couldn't paste the html cause 4chan but if you google it the top result will be the right one)
Can anyone tell me what else I need?
>>
>>34380333
A stock. Magazines.

If it's the RRA one with just the upper receiver, you'll need handguards, a front sight, a rear sight, a .750 gas block, a muzzle device, and an A2 crush washer for the muzzle device.
>>
>>34380333
The upper you have doesnt seem to have a charging handle or BCG
>>
>>34380393
I was wondering if I could just use my work gloves instead of a handguard. I work with 350-550F molten plastic so they should be alright. As for that other stuff, thanks, I really didn't know about any of that.

>>34380407
That much I realised on my own, only problem is I don't know what parts I need to fully make a BCG.
>>
bump
/k/ please help ;n;
>>
More explanation on the upper/barrel:
Forged aluminum A4 style upper receivers with ejection port cover and forward assist installed. Features M4 feed ramps. For use with .250in.pivot and takedown pins. Receiver Material 7075-T6 Aluminum Forged. Brownells specified barrel. Barrel complete w/extenstion installed and pinned. 5.56 NATO,1 in 8" twist. Parkerized,etched w/manu.date at chamber,FORWARD OF PORT STAMPED "223 WYL CRMO 1/8"non-chrome bore. OAL=16 3/8" carbine length gas system,gas block perch=2"muzzle thread=5/8". Muzzle thread=1/2x28tpi RH.

>>34380393
It's not an RRA product. What do I do now?
>>
OP just do some googling, look at kits, and figure out what you like and what you can actually afford to like.
>>
also .748" nom. at gas perch.
>>
>>34380427
you buy the whole thing, dont bother with making it yourself, cryptic are the best but runs at 270 bucks so as this list shows, get the MPI if youre going cheap.
>>
>>34379928

>buy complete lower from psa
>buy complete upper from psa
>assemble them
>i_built_this.wav
>>
>>34380882
>living in MD I need an HBAR and a 16 inch barrel
>$130 lower
>only one that is MD legal and contains both the charging handle and the BCG costs $350
These are sad days we're living in, bros.
>>
>>34380882
OH GOD DAMMIT AND TO EVEN BUY THE LOWER I NEED TO BE 21 OR OVER
>>
>>34380036
If all the AR multi-tool is for is tightening the castlenut, is it necessary?
>>
>>34380427
>I was wondering if I could just use my work gloves instead of a handguard

Nigger, you can pick up a used milspec handguard for 20 bucks. Don't be a retard.
>>
Assembling a lower is as easy as legos senpai. Dont bother with the upper unless you really want to - tools needed are worthless unless you are going to start assembling a bunch of them. Just buy a PSA upper and be done with it.
>>
File: 20161210_123755.jpg (2MB, 2000x1533px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_123755.jpg
2MB, 2000x1533px
>>34379928
Carbine kit for $430 (or more if you want bells and whistles):
https://www.alphashootingsports.com/16-5-56-KM15-E-Carbine-Kit-p/16556km15e_kit.htm

Get that shipped to your door and buy a stripped lower anywhere. If you want anything else, just buy it and swap it out with what comes in the kit.

/thread (pic unrelated)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.