[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Space Corps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

What does /k/ think about the concept now that it's being thrown in within the House Armed Service Commitee. Should we separate space from the USAF?

Should we proceed as quickly as possible? The US is in a prime position to monopolize space due to its recent surge in launch capabilities.

HASC video on the subject. HASC isn't happy with the USAF and believes that Congress should step in. Related comments start at timestamp 6:15.
https://youtu.be/J2nbWehU9U4
>>
File: the us air force.png (451KB, 597x397px)
the us air force.png
451KB, 597x397px
Isn't the USAF the same branch that's been in the news for constant fuckups over the past 8 years?

Aren't they the same branch that can't even handle their fucking nukes?

Air Force should focus on the basics, like their fucked up obesity and the fact that 90% of them are on PT waivers even when they barely move.
>>
I'm torn

on one hand

>NASA have been the ones putting their asses on the line
>NASA has a cooler history in space than the USAF
>why not just let NASA do military shit in space

on the other

>NASA are non-military, the USAF is the god of death
>USAF is under DoD, I don't even remember who runs NASA, but it isn't any kind of military man
>get to keep NASA as the non-military space people
>>
>>34379264
Under the proposed plan, military operations in space would be taken away from the Air Force and put under their own branch, and both the Air Force and Space Corps would be under the Department of the Air Force, which is a civilian bureaucracy.
>>
>>34379269
>USAF is the god of death
Yeah, for their own side or the Brits. Fratricide is their only talent.
>>
>>34379287
>which is a civilian bureaucracy
As is the Air Force proper
>>
>>34379287
Seems Mike Rogers in the video is getting rather peeved at the USAF. Enough to make the offhand comment for a new department. He makes a point in that the Pentagon is rather annoying when it comes to making changes within its own bureaucracy.
>>
>>34379289
ok
> for their own side or the Brits
every kill counts, challenge accepted. 2/3 of nuclear triad and a mothball fleet worth more than your nation
>>
File: US_Air_Force_Heather_Wilson.jpg (9KB, 220x308px) Image search: [Google]
US_Air_Force_Heather_Wilson.jpg
9KB, 220x308px
air force can barely handle its own traditional mission.

also, why is the sec of the air force always a woman?
>>
>>34379269
Well NASA would still be NASA. Just that the USAF gets replaced with a new branch that does specifically space that isn't NASA.
>>
>>34379341
Yeah, but I'm thinking

>why not just make a NASA commissioned corps along the same lines as the NOAA commissioned corps
>>
Isn't it true that the Air Force refuses to add UCAVs to its developmental mission whereas the Navy has had almost 15 years working that project now?

Thought the Air Force was bleeding edge. Give the Preds to the Army. Maybe that will help the Air Force stop crying about manning and we can stop hearing about airfags claiming they have PTSD from sitting on their ass in Nellis.
>>
>>34379355
Probably be better to just make something new from the ground up rather than trying to muck around with a system tailored to civilian roles.

>>34379367
Yep, the USAF was really against UCAVs in their inception. The USAF for some reason just pisses everyone off ever since it's inception. I mean look at the USN vs USAF rivalries back before the Korean War. It got so heated that USN pilots were volunteering to shoot down USAF peacemakers to make a point about how focusing specifically on strategic bombers was a dumb idea.

Then Korea happened and the USAF was caught with its pants down with no tactical support. Meanwhile USN laughs with its carriers full of ground support.
>>
File: airwoman air force.jpg (108KB, 873x1390px) Image search: [Google]
airwoman air force.jpg
108KB, 873x1390px
How many nukes has the Air Force managed to misplace?
How many nuke personnel are on crack/cocaine right now?

http://abc13.com/news/air-force-probes-cocaine-use-at-nuclear-missile-base/1251840/
https://www.airforcetimes.com/articles/14-airmen-at-wyoming-nuke-base-probed-for-drug-use

Air Force can't handle the basics. Separate them from anything new. Maybe create the Space Corps and give them some PT regs and some ASVAB minimum scores that actually mean something.
>>
>>34379401
My thinking was like

>it's a tiny number of guys compared to any other service branch
>NASA already does space
>the main difference between military space and civilian space is the payload you're launching

But then I remembered that NASA isn't connected to any of the military commands in any way.
>>
Air Force leads the way in AIDS infections. That's got to lend some kind of diversity advantage, no?
>>
There's barely any military activities to be done in space per the outer space treaty. Don't need a whole service branch doing nothing.
>>
File: what a time to be alive.gif (1MB, 626x462px) Image search: [Google]
what a time to be alive.gif
1MB, 626x462px
>>34379226
>ODSTs and space marines will be a thing in your lifetime
>>
>>34379576
i think the real question is; what chapter would /k/ join?
>>
>>34379593
raptors probably. they are innawoods in space
>>
>>34379593
>implying /k/ wouldnt join the IG
massive casualties, lazer guns, trenches and big fuck off artillery is the only way to go t b h
>>
>>34379627
Imperial Navy has more dakka.
>>
>>34379559
It only bans nukes. Everything else is free game. The UN tried to ban conventional but the US vetoed it.
>>
>>34379627
the Inspector-General? hell yeah I'll call IG on your ass
>>
>>34379646
this. giant flying death cathedrals>>>>>>>everything else
plus the imperial navy is the front line in all conflicts
>>
>>34379728
Technically, it's Explorators > giant flying death cathedrals >>>>>>>> everything else
>>
just another sinkhole to put tax payers hard earned dollars in.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.