[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best blade for sustained, methodical chopping, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: img_2069e.jpg (661KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img_2069e.jpg
661KB, 1440x1080px
What is the best blade for sustained, methodical chopping, for brush clearing? Are machetes pretty much the go-to in this department, or is there another option?
>>
>>34377873
you may want a brush axe, or different machete blade geometry depending on what kind of work you are doing. or were you hoping we'd suggest a cold steel great sword?
>>
>>34377873
>Hey I know that there is this type of blade that has been used to clear brush in all areas of the world but maybe there is another better way to do this so I can be super high speed.
>>
Machetes are light and have a long, practical edge. They are perfect for the task.
I was forced to do brush clearing with a knife, and even though it's a big one it was an hassle.

A sword should work, too.
>>
>>34377873
Machetes are honestly the best option. They can be used as a knife, as a chopper, as an axe. They're cheap to make, stupid easy to keep an edge on. There's no downside.
>>
Get yourself a kukri they were originally used as a fighting knife but are god like when it comes to chopping.
>>
>>34377873
Napalm.
>>
File: P1100244g.jpg (74KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
P1100244g.jpg
74KB, 740x493px
>>34377873
I use this instead. More shopping power for a shorter blade overall, and it also does a good job in thorn bushes which a machette doesn't.
>>
File: Condor engineer bolo.jpg (217KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Condor engineer bolo.jpg
217KB, 1024x682px
>>34377873
>Are machetes pretty much the go-to in this department
Yes, although the vegetation in your area will inform which style you get.

>>34378040
>Napalm
>Blade
FFS if you're going to funpost at least read what you're replying to.
>>
>>34377909
Cold steel's kukuri is a shitty machete, but actually a pretty good hatchet.
>>
>>34377873
Machete with a heavy end. Keep it sharp as you can. It won't cut through shit like you see in the movies. You have to aim the blade once it gets dull. Aim for where the branch meets the trunk
>>
File: Saca Tripas.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Saca Tripas.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>34377873
Are you familiar with the Mexican Saca Tripas?
>>
File: img-becker-bk-9-06.jpg (33KB, 640x286px) Image search: [Google]
img-becker-bk-9-06.jpg
33KB, 640x286px
>>34377873
bk9 or junglass if you want to use a knife.
>>
>>34377873

The only man portable device better for clearing brush than a machete, is fire.

If you need to clear a lot of shit, rent or hire one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVDCl84gU0
>>
>>34377873
Ontario Machete with 22" blade
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.