[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where Have All The Cheap Rifles Gone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: palletofmoney.jpg (510KB, 842x600px) Image search: [Google]
palletofmoney.jpg
510KB, 842x600px
/k/, I have $500 to spend on a rifle. What are some good rifles that I can buy for under $500 right now?

Exemptions: No SKS, Mosin, or AR15
>>
>>34376914
Inflation and gun bans in California lead to hoarding

I paid $450 for a blemished lower in December 2016
>>
>>34376914
Savage Axis
Ruger American Rifle
They may be fucking ugly but the Hi-Point Carbine. Otherwise you exempted the most common rifle in the US currently and the garbage rod and SKS are rapidly pricing themselves out of the market.
>>
mauser
>>
I don't know if you are looking for new or used, but I've been eyeballing the Ruger 30-06 American lately.
>>
>>34376914
Any criteria? There's lots of interesting milshit out there under that price and plenty of other pawnshit.
>>
>>34376927
>>34376938

OP here. The Ruger American and Savage Axis aren't very good choices because they have no sights and a good optic puts me over $500.

>>34376934
Where are some good Mausers for under $500 right now? I've only seen absolutely trashed Spanish Mausers for under $500.
>>
>>34376941
Preferably semi-auto. Chambered in something that's somewhat cheap to shoot or easy to find reloading components for.

Accurate to at least 300 meters.

Unfortunately, AR15 is the only thing that is fitting that criteria, but I hate the .223 cartridge.
>>
>>34376914
K31
>>
>>34376971
>Accurate to at least 300 meters.
Rules out PCC.
>Preferably semi-auto
Unless you can find a good deal on a lower end AK or vz2008 you're probably SOL there.

Honestly the SKS is the best fit. Cheap, functional to 300m, inexpensive to shoot.
Also, since you're interested in reloading but object to the .223/5.56, as long as you have no objections against AR pattern rifles themselves; a 300blk rifle may be an option. 5.56 brass, 308 bullets iirc. It would run over 500 though, either building one or replacing the barrel and bolt head on a cheap AR-15.

>>34377128
Not sure where OP would find inexpensive ammo unless he already has a couple cases of GP11 sitting around.
>>
>>34376952
Axis comes with a scope almost always. Got mine for $250 after cash rebate. That leaves enough for a Nikon on sale
>>
Savage has a collection of bolt rifles for around that price area. If not that then Hi Point offers a decent quality carbine for super cheap. You won't get much for $500 though.
>>
>>34376971
Save your money and build an AR10 from psa
>I hate 223
You're drinking the meme kool-aid you tard
>>
File: Are You Reality.jpg (26KB, 491x330px) Image search: [Google]
Are You Reality.jpg
26KB, 491x330px
ITT:
OP: >"i needs gun that isnt so much $$ pls halp!"
/k/: <names several viable options within OP's stated price range>
OP: >OMG FUCK OFF WITH THAT POORFAG SHIT!!"
/k/'s fw
>>
>>34376952
the absolutely trashed spanish mausers are sold for like $220, yugo mausers are often under $500 depending on the condition and you never know if you get lucky and find something for cheap but that being said i would not at all recommended a milsurp rifle for anything practical
>>
>>34376914
K31.
>>
>>34376952
The Ruger goes for about $350 new here in the PNW, that leaves a little bit for some glass.
>>
>>34376952
Also, the trigger on the Ruger is very nice for the price.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.