[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The french foreign legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

I'm fukkin 26 years old (I feel FAKKIN OLD!), in average shape and have celiac disease (which is why I chose to aim for the legion, cuz the dirty swedes don't accept people with inferior genes).

So how fucked am I? Do I stand a chance at making it through the crazy french meatgrinder that is the french foreign legion?
>>
>Fighting for a nation other than yours.
>Fighting for a nation that does not give a single shit about you.
>Fighting in a nation's force where you are LITERALLY cannon fodders.
>Fighting in a nation's force along niggers and criminals that joined so that they MAYBE can get a citizenship.
Go ahead
>>
>>34376559
>Fighting to earn the right to citizenship
Pffft, it's one of the better reasons to fight.
>>
>>34376559
I know amerifats can't relate, but I feel (emphasis on "feel") like I'm fighting for europe as a whole.

I also look at this as a challenge, I haven't really amounted to anything during my lifetime since I threw my prime away in frustration at not getting to join the swedish army, so I feel like this is something I could feel proud of doing.

I know there's a high chance of dying/getting mutilated, compared to say serving in sweden, but this is my only option of joining an active fighting force.
>>
>>34376509
can't you just join the American military?
>>
>>34376608
How? Wait for ten years to get a greencard and THEN join?
>>
>>34376603
I'm from Turkey.I think that FFL is hardly European. Chances that you see a white European would be really low i imagine. Also do you know if they accept people with your celiac disease or not?
>>
>>34376622
Fighting WITH europeans and fighting FOR europe is two different things.

France is central to the EU, but I know I'll likely be sent to some gay french colony in africa and die from malaria or getting macheted in my sleep...

They accept people with celiac disease, yes. But I'll probably get a hard time for being a reliability to the legion.
>>
>>34376639
Hell if you foresee the shit you are going to face and wholeheartedly accept it why not my man.
>>
>>34376659
I'm really fucking worried that they'll make me eat flour, or some shit, just to prove that I have celiac disease... They don't like "simulants" in the legion, and everybody who's sick is a simulant.

But yeah, I know it'll be shit. It's just that since I found out that I could join I couldn't think of anything else, couldn't study anymore and failed at everything. Feel like I have to, at least, TRY to join to put my mind at ease...
>>
>>34376603
>joining a foreign country's military to fight for "Europe"
Makes about as much sense as becoming a mercenary in some African shithole to "fight for Afroeurasia".
>>
>>34376509
The legion manage to force its own muslims into pork eating alcoholics, and you think they'll supply you with a gluten free diet ?
Seriously, pass. You'll just waste everyone's time.
>>
>>34376743
Which is why I wrote that I "feel" like I'm fighting for *INSERT IDEOLOGY OR COUNTRY HERE" (eg. europe) But yeah, I'm a retard...

Don't forget the "I see this as a challenge"-part!
>>
>>34376771
Celiac disease isn't a religion. But I do believe they'll starve me a bit, just to fuck with me, cuz "you can't eat this? then you're not getting anything.".

Although they say they give the inferior-gene-people glutenfree MRE's instead of the normal food.
>>
>>34376792
The legion can afford to be picky about it's recruits. You'll be written off right away, honestly.
>>
>>34376792
You have a disease that limits your diet and intake massively. Do you really think that you're going to be accepted into a military force that is run on a shoestring, designed to operate at the very limit at all times?

Really, you might be fit and driven enough but that's going to cause you massive problems.
>>
>>34376617
No you serve you get citizenship. My brother in law is an combat engineer nco and has plenty of Packi, Central African and Southeast Asian members of his unit serving for citizenship.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/naturalization-through-military-service-fact-sheet
>>
>>34376814>>34376806
All true.

I know I'll most likely get kicked out, but I have to, as I said before, try to join to put my mind at ease.
Also: I'm an idiot. If i get kicked out with a "You can come back again in 6 months" I'll definately go there and get my ass kicked again.

"Massive problems" is taking it a tad bit lightly. Still have to try, can't think of anything else at the moment...
>>
>>34376852
US army will take you even if your fat, a fellon and foreign. You just gotta get wsivers
>>
>>34376844
I read that you have to be a permanent resident in the states to be allowed to join, is that wrong?
>>
>>34376852
You would be far better off trying the US military. I mean that seriously, they are far more likely to make dietary changes for you.

The US military is also better paid, easier, with great benefits and opportunities. Go visit the US embassy.
>>
>>34376861
But they don't accept people with celiac disease right?

Read somewhere that they had glutenfree shit on trial for awhile but nothing more than that...
>>
>>34376844
>>34376870
How do you join the American military if you don't live in the USA? Canadian here that would love to move to warmer, more gun friendly territory with lower taxes.
>>
>>34376509
>celiac disease

There, you ended your journey right there, The FFL is always receiving the worst from the worst shitholes but at least they are fit and healthy and haven't done drugs in at least some months prior to the selection process.

Anyway it will be fun to see how many people actually tell you "yes" to find out how many undercover FFL recruiters we have here.
>>
>>34376910
>implying the legion even needs to advertise, especially on a western website
>>
>>34376942

The legion would actually want to advertise, specially in a place where there might exmilitray guys reading.

Even POGs will have priority over you, bear in mind that.
>>
>>34376956
>>34376942
> where there might exmilitray guys reading
Why would they even want that ? Western ex-military guys have a red flag on them from the get go because they're among the most prone to desertion.
>>
>>34376970

They are the ones that cost the less to train, and I doub that they have desertion problems with them in comparaison with Jamal that only ones the dual citizen ship and 1400 euros in accumulated unspent wages for 5 years.
>>
>>34376509
Don't feel too bad I graduated university at 23. I would assume as long as you have ok physical fortitude and amazing mental fortitude you should be fine.
>>
>>34376975
FFL trains everybody from the ground up. even ex-military. My brother served in kosovo and a friend of his joined the FFL after. Got kicked out after badmouthing a superior because he was put at the same level as the scum that came in from the street.
>>
>>34376975
They cost the same to train. Noone is allowed to shirk anything at all, that's how you break people up and rebuild them into legionnaires.
Western ex-mils are less malleable in this way, that's why they dont want them.

And you'd be surprised, but yes, Jamal from his third world shithole, Ivan from Siberia, and Pedro from a favela will indeed be far less prone to desert than any western guy.
My own bro commanded the 1st CEV at Castelnaudary, which is basically the legion's initial training unit. So I'm pretty confident I know what profiles they seek.
>>
>>34376559
He truly is a Swede
>>
>>34376999
It's nice to hear this kinda shit, even though I have the odds stacked against me. Ty faggot! :)
>>
>>34376903
You should've annexed Turks and Caicos when you had the chance, you'd have a nice, warm tax haven.
>>
>>34376903
"Qualified members of the U.S. armed forces may be exempt from other naturalization requirements, including residence and physical presence in the United States."

"Every military installation has a designated point-of-contact, generally in the personnel division or the Judge Advocate General’s Office, to assist members of the military prepare and file their naturalization application packet generally during basic training. That packet includes:

USCIS Form N-400, Application for Naturalization (Members of the military are not charged a fee to file the Form N-400.)
USCIS Form N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service (The military must certify this form before sending it to USCIS. Individuals separated from the military may submit an uncertified Form N-426 with their DD Form 214.)"

Basically from what I read go to a US military installation request a form, go to basic, serve 5 years and your a citizen
>>
>>34377037
Yes, a tolerant multicultural pretty little butterfly!

I love everybody! That's why I want to go to war, so I can shoot people and their suffering.
>>
>>34377055
Oh fuck I'm wrong you need a green card first
>>
>>34377055
>>34377075
>Want to move to USA
>want to join military to get citizenship
>need green card to join military
>need to go qualify and go through application process to get green card
>need to either be rich, famous, hold an advanced degree, or be married to an American to get a green card
>any of these things would eliminate need to serve in the military
Well shit. To be honest, I thought immigrating to the USA was simpler than this. I thought I could just show up at a recruiting center and apply, pass a background, fitness and health examination and go to basic.
>>
>>34376509
People who serve in foreign militaries should have their citizenship revoked and should be hung for treason if they ever return. I get triggered as fuck st American Jews who serve in the IDF. It's clear where their allegiances lie.
>>
>>34377180
Typical amerifat opinion. You don't serve anyone but yourself, drop this stupid shit about "serving your country" and get real. The military is just a job like any other.
>>
>>34377263
That's only true in the US and a few other countries that like to engage in 19th century style colonial warfare. In most countries, being a soldier means serves your country and your people by putting your life on the line to defend them.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.