[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns w/a great personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 20170627_042010.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170627_042010.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Post your objectively ugly gun but you love it. And tell us why you love it.

This is my 308 saiga from izhmash. It's ugly as fuck at the moment but it fires great, requires low maintenance, easy to find parts, good accuracy even though it's pretty short. Plus I plan on adding a drag universe style synthetic stock, a picatinny rail scope mount and scope, and a vented handguard that sorta resembles the dragunov. Then capatillar will be a butterfly...or maybe a dirty ass moth. We'll see.

Show us the ugly shit you love.
>>
>>34376423
Your mom.
>>
>>34376423
BTW drag universe equals dragunov.

Never use swype keyboard. "it learns your writing style" bull-fucking-shit it does
>>
>>34376427
Are you literally Albert Einstein? I've never heard such a witty comeback. Please write a book so us lesser mortals can learn from one so blessed as you.
>>
>>34376423

I've always though a .308 Saiga would he a fantastic bush gun. Rugged, wieldy, packs a punch, mag fed, and can be scoped.
>>
>>34376435
>>34376435
Someone else sees it. Its heavy as fuck so the recoil isnt even that bad. I really like it, everybody creams their jeans over my AR-15 with all the goodies attached to it. And I'm like yeah but have you seen my saiga 308, and they look at it like it's a turd that someone forgot to flush.
>>
>>34376502

Yeah I'm actually an AR guy myself, but I love AKs too. I like your list of changes, I would also look at doing something with the muzzle. The muzzle is what bothered the fuck out of me with both the Saiga and the Vepr series, it just screams for a flash hider. What is the mag situation like? 10 rounders?
>>
>>34376535
Yeah I just don't know what the fuck I should put on the muzzle I'm stumped as to what to do to make that look better and be useful at the same time. Every flash hider that I've seen for it doesn't look right to me. The one pictured is a 20, I've got another 25 round mag for it. mags were hard to find for a while but they've picked up recently.
>>
>>34376535
>>34376661
Honestly when I went out to get a 308 an AK pattern is not what I thought of but range time has proven this thing to be pretty accurate after I sighted it in. Even with just the irons. A dragunov stock is needed if I'm going to put a scope on it. It almost needs a cheek pad as is. Sounds like you own either a saiga or vepr so you already know how this thing feels and sights.
>>
>>34376423
>good accuracy even though it's pretty short
but short barrels are more accurate than long barrels of the same thickness and composition. Couple that with a cartridge like 7.62x39 and you could have a fuckin tack driver with a 12 inch barrel without sacrificing a lot of velocity by not having 16 or 20 inches.
>>
>>34376661
maybe a M14 style muzzle device
>>
>>34376675

I own neither actually, like I said I'm an AR guy but I do love AKs. Just not enough spare change to reasonably buy an AKM right now, waiting for PSA to put out its forged models. Anyhow, who not a regular AK muzzle break? As for accuracy, it's a bush gun. It's not supposed to drive tacks at 1000 yards, but be essentially an AK action of what the M14 is used as. .308 will take pretty much anything in the US.
>>
>>34376709
.308 absolutely will take anything in the US
ftfy
>>
>>34376694
Whuh? I didn't know this. I should look into this. I'm not doubting you it just seems counterintuitive to me for some reason. If so, that would explain why its as accurate as my 16in barrel AR.
>>
>>34376700
That would look sick actually. Thanks for the idea. Everything else has been too bulky and weird.
>>
>>34376793
barrel harmonics. that expanding gas causes the barrel to flex. I assume you've a bit of intelligence about you, so use your brain from there.
>>
>>34376709
>>34376709
Honestly with my shooting, I was never going to push it past 300 yards. I bought it as an all around, hunting, home defense, and range toy. Because of its size it would be great against a charging bear, could easily sling it to the front and mag dump on a grizzly. I live in a place where that's a real concern. So I should add some accessories for a short range skirmish, like a laser, and instead of a full on hunting scope maybe just a red dot and magnifier. My fudd friends are going to lose there fucking minds when we go moose hunting and they've got Remington 700's and 454 casulls and redhawks, and I'll just be packing my dragunov imposter 308 saiga
>>
>>34376897
>ya need a got dang big bore ruvawlver, bawh
>ah don't give a shit abawt nuh got damn egghead "wound channel" sheeit
>bigger buhllit, bigger hole
>>
>>34376423
I'd put wood on it, and LARP it's some WW1 prototype.
>>
>>34376709
>>34376892
Ha you were right

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/10/daniel-zimmerman/the-truth-about-barrel-length-muzzle-velocity-and-accuracy/amp/
>>
>>34376913
My friends are dead fucking serious about large revolvers as their bear defense. My thought on it is why would I fire a gun at a bear with ungodly recoil like that? It would take alot of time to set up my shots and I'd have to be calm to be accurate and there's only six shots. My idea about it is; if you have to carry a hand gun a 10mm , a 45 super, or my favorite but incredibly expensive choice the 460 Rowland. Youve got alot of shots, if you are panicked, and the recoil isnt insane.then again a 12ga with slugs is sensible but fudd shotguns only hold 5 shells. So for me it's either those handguns or a magazine fed 308 that I can just unload into a bear.
>>
>>34376433
Yes, Came to the future because i need your moms help saving humanity.
>>
File: 100_0845.jpg (1MB, 3296x2472px) Image search: [Google]
100_0845.jpg
1MB, 3296x2472px
This is my ugly gun that I love. No matter how many times I take it shooting it never gets boring or less interesting. It's my absolute favourite of my collection because I love 12 gauges and it's so unique, throwing that huge action back never gets old. It also rarely lets me down, which is great for a Chinese gun.

John Browning may not have liked it, or wanted it made, but it holds a special place in my heart for sure. Ugly, but really fucking cool.
>>
>>34378001
That's sick, chinks made the first firearms anyways.besides John browning was a dick: "here I invented a bunch of cool gun parts, lol, you figure out how to put them together."
>>
>>34377675
D-d-dad?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.