[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/ Getting given a Browning BAR in 243 win. Not super into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: m-and-p-15-sport-ii-10202.jpg (175KB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
m-and-p-15-sport-ii-10202.jpg
175KB, 1500x850px
Sup /k/

Getting given a Browning BAR in 243 win. Not super into them, but I see online you could sell them for a good chunk. Thinking about selling and getting my first AR as pic related. Two questions:

1) what could I get for a Browning BAR in 243 win in VG condition?

2) any better AR suggestions in similar price range?

I'm in leafland.
>>
Pew pew
>>
Bampity bamp
>>
>>34375793
don't sell the BAR.

it is a reproduction of a BAR or an original?

Because in America companies are no longer allowed to make and sell open-bolt semi-auto rifles. If it fires from an open bolt it is really something special.

If it's a closed-bolt reproduction it's still pretty cool and AR-15s are cheap enough to not need to sell the BAR at all.
>>
>>34375793
>I'm in leafland.

oh well who fucking knows, can you even buy ARs in leafland?
>>
>>34376116
I don't know yet, gonna see it this weekend. I just don't really have a boner for it but it's an insane deal and I'd like to give it to someone who will appreciate it, and in turn get something I appreciate.

>>34376120
Sort of
>>
>>34376116
99 out of 100 that it's actually a fudd tier hunting rifle and not what you think it is
>>
>>34376116
he said browning bar, not b.a.r.

The browning bar is a semi auto hunting rifle of unlike design to what youre thinking of.
>>
>>34376127
with a big heavy rifle, and the fine sights on the BAR, and a .243 Win cartridge...

It should be a pretty neat long range gun. You should find an 800meter/yard range and see what you can hit with it.

.243 win is a bit pricey though.
>>
>>34376116
Kinda Browning's fault for using such a similar name for a LMG and a durr rifle.

They actually look kinda nice, if it's from someone you care about I'd hang on to it for a while and save for an AR yourself. Not like they're expensive these days.
>>
>>34376137
https://youtu.be/W3g0Rwp0fBI
>>
>>34376138
You're not wrong but I don't have the land nearby to shoot that kind of range and I've already got a Remy 700 that I do for long range when I can actually make it out that way. Also the BAR will be coming with a scope, might be a few extra bills to make off that.

>>34376137
This.
>>
>>34376139
i was thinking they look pretty nice too.

it isn't quite as heavy as the LMG and the sights aren't the same.
>>
>>34376139
>if it's from someone you care about
Nah just some dude who's giving it to me for 100 bucks
>>
>>34376146
Fair enough, if you're not gonna use it, sell it and get the AR. You could probably get 800 for it with a scope used in Canada.
>>
>>34376163
That much?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.