[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22y/o Australian here >went for the military and was offered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: njxTJUY.jpg (628KB, 2048x1162px) Image search: [Google]
njxTJUY.jpg
628KB, 2048x1162px
22y/o Australian here
>went for the military and was offered a job as a firefighter/emergency responder at 18, but turned it down due to wanting to join the police after my brother
spent 2 years waiting for the police and passed all the tests until I was rejected due to not enough space (not a woman)
have to wait a year until I can reapply (fuck you Vic Pol)
fell out with my brother and second guessing the police due to not wanting to do another 2 years of waiting to be rejected again and it's almost been the full year until I can re apply

I really fucking regret not joining the military, I'd be a year from being out of contract by now and a few of my mates have gone through and spent a few years in now

should I swallow the 3 years of wasted time and just re apply?
>>
>>34375653
I've worked a bullshit slot (pokie) machine job since and it's easy to say it's not fulfilling
>>
File: 1494401662897.gif (90KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494401662897.gif
90KB, 350x400px
>>
>>34375653
maybe try getting a non Nazi job?
>>
>>34375653
remember the sunk costs fallacy. just reapply, if you don't have any other ideas on how to move on with your life.
>>
>>34375687
issue is due to waiting for the police I havent studied, other option is to go and learn a trade now and make good money in 4 years... but it's demoralizing, having friends that are currently making $60/h as electricians where I'd join as a first year apprentice in something I cant say I want to do
pokies at $25/h is the best paying job I can find
>>
>>34375709
don't bother comparing yourself to your friends, it doesn't matter what they're making. think about you, and what the best way for you to have a happy life is. everyone makes mistakes, you need to move on.
>>
>>34375653
fellow Aus fag here. don't do either you should have taken the firefighting job. with the cfa going down the full time fire guys will (and already are) making heaps of money. you missed out dude.
>>
I don't understand thread. You want to join the military? Join the military.

What's the supposed problem, exactly?
>>
>>34376117
>I'm twenty-something and due to no fault of my own, the world forgot it owed me a living and now, because I haven't put forth any effort for 3 years, the world has wasted 3 years of my life!
>gib sympathy

That's the theme anon
>>
>>34375709

quit whinging. either do study or an apprenticeship. either way no cunt is going to hand you a big paying job.

fucken self entitled gen y cunt.
>>
And here I thought "fuck off we're full" was just a meme.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.