[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good are PMC special forces compared to government forces?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: academi-1024x536.png (252KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
academi-1024x536.png
252KB, 1024x536px
How good are PMC special forces compared to government forces?
>>
>>34371690
Pic isn't Academi they're NORSOF, FSK maybe.
>>
>>34371690
Not very good, the reason Blackwater has had to change their name is because they keep fucking up.
>>
Literally just POGs.
>>
>>34371690
Overpaid and complacent. You'd probably be better off with active GI's.
>>
>>34371865

t. underpaid government grunt held to autistic grooming standard
>>
>>34371895
t. anon with an unpo-liced mou-stache
>>
They're basically glorified renta-cops.
>>
>>34371903

>implying I look like an elvis
>>
They're better than African rape lords.
>>
>>34371833
Daily Reminder that they've had to change their name TWICE!
>>
Why the fuck do you fucking autistic faggots think that PMC's are all bad ass operators.
>PMC Special Forces
WHAT THE FUCK IS PMC SPECIAL FORCES??!?!

KYS
>>
>>34372327
this
>>
>>34372327
This.

Most PMCs operate fucking cameras. Close security, what OP is thinking of, is a tiny sliver of what PMCs offer to supplement gov't forces.
>>
>>34371690
Depends 100% on the hiring standards of the company. Could be on par if they require experience and standards ex; hiring ex-sf and experienced combat arms.

Or they could be hiring any old dick and run some cowboy bullshit. YMMV
>>
>>34372327
/thread
>>
>>34372327
Pretty much this. 90% of "PMC"s are mall cop faggots who are good for no more than light security work on a civilian level.
>>
>>34372354
>Tiny sliver of what PMCs offer

No. What OP is thinking of doesn't exist. When PMC guys are in a firefight, it's because shit is going wrong and they are defending themselves. They don't go out and operate like fucking JSOC death machines.
>>
File: sixta.jpg (9KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
sixta.jpg
9KB, 230x230px
>>34372288
did you just talk back to me, Private Anon?
>>
>>34371690
Define "special"
>>
>>34371690
What you are describing does not fucking exist. Closest thing would probably be Executive Outcomes.
>>
>>34371829
Also, all you faggots need to stop using special forces as an umbrella term. It might fly internationally, but since America is all that matters, the only Special Forces are U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets). Special Operations Forces, or SOF, is the proper umbrella term.
>>
>>34372408
Careful, he's probably over 12
>>
>>34372479
seriously how am I only just now finding out that Sixta turned into a kiddy diddler?
>>
>>34372542
Most marines are. They lure them into their humvees with their leftover crayons.
>>
>>34372442
> only America counts
Tell that to the SAS or SBS ...
>>
>>34371690
Specify. Government forces range from Unit 777 to hyper spooky.
>>
>>34372568
Fucking kek
>>
>>34371690

Most PMC "operatives" are unskilled africans or other third worlders that sit in guard towers for 12 hours a day. No "PMC" has anywhere near the logistical or support capabilities for SOF-like operations, even if they hire ex-SOF members, nor would they ever be considered for any such mission. PMC's are defensive and support outfits; aka guards, or people with special skills like pilots. The former operator trigger pullers you hear about are merely bodyguards.
>>
>>34371690
The same if the government loans some of those "government forces" to the PMC.
>>
File: 1497324199033.jpg (25KB, 428x321px) Image search: [Google]
1497324199033.jpg
25KB, 428x321px
I'm a PMC in Mexico. Ex Coast Guard Martime Enforcement. I considered myself an operator when I was still in, but some of the guys I work with now were paratroopers, SEAL, MARSOC, Rangers etc and they make me look pretty shit in comparison. The vast majority of contractors are still ex-lower enlisted. Lots of muhreens, which I don't mind because they make me look good. Long story short PMC not even close.
>>
>>34374583
What distance and weapon did those shots come from? That seems like pretty good groupings for cartel gangbangers. Especially if that car was moving.
>>
PMC operators are almost always ex special forces, so its hard to say whos better.
>>
Ditch Bitch Yeager was a PMC. Shows you the kind of quality they look for.
>>
There aren't independent Special Ops teams going around doing spooky wetwork.

Life is not Metal Gear Solid. Sorry.
>>
>>34371690
most PMCs aren't even combat. just logistical support like maintenance and shit.
>>
File: eo.jpg (119KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
eo.jpg
119KB, 500x404px
>>34371690
Depends on the job. Some guys are ex SOF that go out and do security work for the State Department or whatever company hires them for asset recovery or securing a job site. The rest run training courses for various militaries and security companies or have specialized skills like a pilot, a very good comms guy, or a paramedic. I have a buddy that was flying over central Africa with one such company years ago. Most of what they did was provide intel to the local ground forces.

Sadly, the days of armies for hire are pretty much over. Although there was one rumor going around that some of te boys from EO were getting back together to do some work in Somalia in 2012, don't know what became of that. Pic related.
>>
Ex-special forces with lower regulations, standards and loads.

So good guys degrading into shit.
>>
>>34374398
those would be SOF not SF. Did you even read that anons post.

What the fuck is with all the threads like this lately on /k/. I'm here everyday browsing and this shit is popping up faster than blackmold on an obese fold.
>>
>>34371690

Compare EO to the UN, or exrhodesian to almost anything.

The main difference between them and a goverment is that they lack the same standards, are not subjected to the same laws(or very few) and don't have that many resources to support an operation.

And I'm talking about helicopters, many PMC can use littlebirds, I'm talking about all the things that are behind every SOF that are not seen; from transmisions to intelligence, even having a guy doing networking with locals, and just that, is important by itself, and unless they are going to use some shitty 20 min battery life chinkdrones for surveillance and control, they wouldn't probably employ more people than necessary in an operation, from recon, to more fireteams or even the guy waiting in the truck nearby.

PMCs are memes, and memes don't buy you fuel or specialized personnel.
>>
>>34375600

>tfw no MSF
>>
Special forces aren't great because of the operators, it's only maybe 20% them and the other 80% is support staff and materiel. The operators are on par since the PMCs only hire ex-SF for such roles, but logistically they're severely shorthanded.
>>
I had sex with a girl from OkCupid in the academi parking lot in San Diego.

I didn't know what it was until I saw the shitty looking tap banner

Not too impressive of a place.

Amazon's campus just a few miles north looked better
>>
>>34376680
>amazons campus looked better
Gee the largest international retailer in the world has a better looking business front than some washed up PMC that everyone hates and has been sued a thousand times?

Color me surprised. Also get yourself checked.
>>
>>34376680
Amazon has some bomb ass facilities. I live in central florida, a few miles from their new warehouse, and I gotta say, not one person in town DOESNT know about it and a lot of people are working there now. Amazon is going places.
>>
>>34376738
>Amazon is going places
>worth more money than many countries
>Forbes rates it 6th most valuable brand in the world
>has the 7th largest botnet behind Google, Microsoft, Apple, NSA, Interpol, and Unit 61398
They are already at the place everyone wants to go, so where exactly do you think they're going?
>>
>>34371829
MJK
>>
>>34371690
PMC's drive fuel trucks anon, they dont operate.
>>
File: Urban Partizan.jpg (652KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Urban Partizan.jpg
652KB, 1024x768px
Pre-UN Mercenary Convention:
>Volunteer fighters that are down for basically anything
>Were usually self-trained or previously experienced
>had their own gear
>completely expendable and can be used without having any logistical strain on your main army
>Could operate without direct relation to you
>Were not considered combatants

Post-UN Mercenary Convention
>Basically can't do shit
>Can maybe run security
>Even that is iffy anymore
>Most of them just do shitty jobs that most enlisted don't want to do i.e. electricians, plumbers, vehicle maintenance, military police
>some even fly supplies and do emergency MEDEVAC and CASEVAC but those guys are rare and usually don't fly for normal ground troops.
>some other PMCs fly recon for DOD and make piles of cash off of their intel sorties

that's the long and short of it.
>>
>>34377261
Literal world domination.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.