[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open bolt clearing malfunction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: malfunction.jpg (163KB, 1187x647px) Image search: [Google]
malfunction.jpg
163KB, 1187x647px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkUqOV4kZA

Youtube comments are shit so you can't trust them. What did the soldier do wrong during the clearing of the open bolt MG3 that resulted in him getting injured from it?
>>
gun was hot, round cooked off
>>
>>34370851
Cook off, dipshit; its a rapid fire MG, what do you expect?
>>
>>34370851
hangfire.

supposed to wait a bit. in US doctrine you are supposed to actually be on the gun with your head down so you dont get a face full of brass shards.
>>
>>34370851
Modern doctrine advocates placing ones head and face out of line with the gun and counting to three, in case of such an event.

But you know... Marines.
>>
>>34370851
Should have 360 noscoped.
That's now you separate n00bs from real men.
>>
>>34370892
the person clearing the malfunction is not a marine you idiot. Unless now they just wear european desert -tarn uniforms now.
>>
>>34370902
Most militaries just wear desert because thats where the hell is going on at
>>
Didnt wait for a cookoff didnt rack the bolt to the rear didnt keep his head down while clearing the feed tray. And from what i can see he wasnt observing for feeding or ejecting.
>>
>>34370917
>didnt rack the bolt to the rear

you can clearly see that he did.....
>>
>>34370916
The point still stands that hes not a muhreen. The guy firing was, but it was the Euros gun so he cleared it....incorrectly. Whats so hard about this?
>>
>>34370851
Cook off, most of those comments are correct

And holy shit Firing that thing must be instant wood.
>>
>>34370902
Ah, i didnt look closely. Looked like desert marpat at a glance, and i assumed it was cross-training.
>>
>>34370984
Two different people bub.
>>
>>34370878
>supposed to wait a bit
Are you supposed to wait for the gun to cool so it no longer cooks off even during a gunfight? There's no way to immediately fix the problem?
>>
It took 15 seconds for the round to go off after the malfunction. It's pointless to say "wait a few seconds" because plenty of time had already passed.

Truth is you always should wait around 20 seconds, but good luck finding someone that does.
>>
File: 1457646841912.jpg (22KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1457646841912.jpg
22KB, 300x263px
>>34371031
Change the barrel.
>>
>>34370984
I'm a different guy, friend; twas just a cookoff
>>
>>34370851
did he die?
>>
>>34371188
nope just injured
>>
>>34371066
As a preventative action: yes. If the barrel's already hot enough to ignite powder through the case wall, ya dun goofed. Keep the gun pointed downrange and remove the ammo. I guess you could still change the barrels if you were super careful or just ballsy after overheating, though.
>>
>>34370998
yes. two different people. the euro was the one who cleared it. you dumb mong.
>>
>>34371057
the time may be dumb, but to just have your face there with no PPE is absolutely retarded. You are supposed to clear it with your face out of the way. this gentleman was lucky.
>>
>>34370939
I meant that he did in the wrong order as in wait the appropriate time for a hangfire on whatever mg your using, then rack the bolt to the rear to reduce the chance for a cookoff, then while keeping your head down and face away from the feed tray open the top cover and clear the feed tray of the source of ammo, then after that check and confirm that the weapon is clear of any source of ammunition. Oh and while racking the bolt back watch for feeding and ejecting if it does then sight in and attempt to fire again. If not then thats when you clear. Sorry if i cuased confusion with my prievious post
>>
>>34371286
>As a preventative action: yes
That's the point, like you said "dun goofed". Don't let it happen in the first place, that's why you can change the barrel.
>>
>>34370851
thats weird normally when the machine guns overheat in video games u just have to stop shooting for a few seconds and it cools down
>>
>>34370892
Fuck you dingus that was a jerry that got face blasted and they teach head down in weapons
>>
>>34370892
>/k/
>The beta wants to bash Marines so bad
>Doesn't work, but mom I posted it

Nice OC. Perfect example of how you contribute more to society.
>>
>>34371389
>triggered muhreen.
I love when anons make guys like you butthurt.
Also army > muhreens.
>>
>>34371404
Not even a Marine. Brother in law was and he's a pretty cool guy. Cool story bro.
>>
>>34370851
That retarded language can only be from eastern block
>>
How in the fuck do you clear it with your head down and not looking at it? Wouldn't you burn yourself while goofing off and finger-fucking that weapon?
>>
>>34371031
LMG's have relatively easy barrel swaps.
Now if you shot your full auto rifle to that point, you're in some deep shit to not be able to stop firing for 5 minutes.
>>
If you pay attention the guy doing the shooting sneaks at cherry bomb in the trigger at 0:11
>>
>>34370892
Not a marine you fucking retard.
>>
>>34371447
If there is failure to extract there's nothing you can do but look. He was rather unlucky. Maybe they need a training routine as in - RO intervenes calls out to put the gun aside instead of going rapid remediation. Question is do you have to train people to not do rapid remediation in some circumstances? Train them for training?
>>
>>34370859
>>34370875
Am I being trolled?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.