[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The VP9 has a bad trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 17

File: a shit.jpg (110KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
a shit.jpg
110KB, 960x540px
So this may not be a popular opinion, but I think the VP9 has a bad trigger.

The trigger is mushy, gritty, and seems to catch during both rearward travel and during the reset. The reset in particular is horrible. It's really weak, with only minuscule force pushing it forward, and it catches so much it feels like it's moving off and back onto my finger as I let it out to reset. It reminds me of my old original M&P trigger, except I can actually feel the break and reset. Everything else is just as shitty.

I thought maybe it just needs to be broken in. After all, every new striker-fired pistol has a gritty trigger out of the box. I know my Glock did, as did all the PPQ's I've tried, and they all smoothed out. The PPQs in particular turned smooth as glass in a few hundred rounds. Great. Was this true for the VP9? NOPE. 500 rounds through two different guns and they're just as gritty as when they came out of the box.

What's the deal here? Why does everyone hail this trigger as one of the best on the market? Did I just happen to get two extraordinarily shitty VP9s, or is a light break all it takes for a trigger to be considered good to most people?
>>
Spray the trigger assembly full of lube and let it sit overnight, then clean it out with compressed air. You'd be surprised how well that works at getting the gritty feel out of striker triggers.
>>
File: 1426549425134.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1426549425134.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>34370787
This is now a handgun general. Anyone know if Beretta is going to make any more M9A1's? I only want one to build a wesker samurai edge
>>
>>34370904
I've cleaned and lubed it a bunch of times already and have almost 600 rounds through it. Will that really do anything that shooting and cleaning it hasn't already? There doesn't appear to be any burrs or debris in there.
>>
File: 1487490238356.jpg (2MB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1487490238356.jpg
2MB, 7680x4320px
>>34370787
>The trigger is mushy, gritty, and seems to catch during both rearward travel and during the reset. The reset in particular is horrible. It's really weak, with only minuscule force pushing it forward, and it catches so much it feels like it's moving off and back onto my finger as I let it out to reset. It reminds me of my old original M&P trigger, except I can actually feel the break and reset. Everything else is just as shitty.

All I hear is slurping over a penis. Shoot it through a multitude of drills and time it and see how the gun actually shoots you faggot.

>BLOLOOBLOBOOOOBOOLOOBOO IT ISN'T A 0.00000000045LB SUPER GOOCH TRIGGER THAT TURNS ME INTO JERRY MICULEK OMG OMG WORST TRIGGAR EVAR!!1111

Boy, the people that shoot LEM, DAO and DA/SA would have a ball with you. You would be crying a flood if you were ever to get your hands on a Beretta.
>>
>>34371027
Nigger did you even read my post or just copy/paste it and start raging because I don't like the new HK wunderwaffen?

The gun shoots fine. I've used lots of shitty triggers before. See: my reference to my old M&P. My question is why people consider this trigger good.

>Boy, the people that shoot LEM, DAO and DA/SA would have a ball with you. You would be crying a flood if you were ever to get your hands on a Beretta.

I have a P2000 V1 LEM and a few other DA/SA pistols, they're just fine. Berettas have decent triggers, too (except for the Pico).
>>
File: your peers k.webm (1MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
your peers k.webm
1MB, 888x500px
>>34370787
Hi, your opinion is valued here, unfortunately there is a high probability that you are simply a garbage shot and inexperienced shooter.

Please post a clip or two of you shooting a handgun and if you could, relay your typical 10 shot score on a b8 at 25 yards, thanks.
>>
>>34371047
>Nigger did you even read my post or just copy/paste it and start raging because I don't like the new HK wunderwaffen?

Pretty much this >>34371106

The people that are self proclaimed "trigger snobs" that dive deep into this shit are typically the ones that would shit themselves the minute you tell them to shoot a 3x5 card at 7 yards or to shoot one handed at said 3x5 card.

So many times I hear people say Glocks are inaccurate when it's really on them and they can't shoot to save their life or anywhere near the accuracy of the gun itself and I am assuming you are no different. An M&P trigger is also shootable. I have no trouble with my M&P9FS and I carry a Glock 19 with OEM internals and shoot pretty well with it too.
>>
>>34371106
Wow, it's like your first time seeing that video, which it probably is since you're a newfag.
>>
>>34371106
The pistol is accurate and shoots well. You seem to just be illiterate. All I said was the gun has a bad trigger, not that it's a bad gun or as a result of the shitty trigger shoots poorly. Nowhere did I mention how the gun handled or my experience shooting with it.
>>
>>34370943
It always works for me. Something I learned from a gunsmith. The last SR40 I used had some grit after 500 rounds and that curing trick made the trigger pretty crisp. You don't really have a reason to not try it if you've done everything but replaced it.
>>
>>34371132
I'm not a trigger snob. I carry a stock Gen 4 G19. As I said already, despite the shitty trigger the VP9 shoots just fine and I have no complaints there. All I'm wondering is why people jizz all over themselves about how good the trigger is, because it really isn't. You don't see me posting about the Glock trigger because there isn't a hoard of fanboys proclaiming it's the best on the market.
>>
>>34371157
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Can't hurt. If that doesn't work I'll just accept it and welcome it into my heart beside the M&P as guns I like that have shitty triggers.
>>
>HK
>Shit trigger

Why are you surprised?
>>
>>34370787
I owned a VP9 and experienced absolutely nothing that you describe apart from the notorious mushy HK trigger. It broke and reset super clean, the trigger was actually why I bought the thing.
>>
File: 10 yard rifle groups.jpg (182KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
10 yard rifle groups.jpg
182KB, 1050x900px
>>34371140
>You seem to just be illiterate.

Wonderful, thanks for taking the time to demonstrate why we should take your opinion seriously, good luck with your thread.
>>
>>34371207
heres you (You)
>>
not op,

how does the VP9 trigger compare to the P30 and USP?
>>
I got to hold a VP9 for the first time today but didn't get to pull the trigger. The ergos of the gun were great, kinda tempted to get one but I already have a few striker fired pistols.

Is it really as good as the Heckler and Kocksuckers say?
>>
>>34371563
You might want to compare the VP9 with the PPQ. Very similar.
>>
File: Gaggle of HKs 1.jpg (274KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gaggle of HKs 1.jpg
274KB, 800x600px
>>34371560
VP9 trigger is wildly regarded as exceptionally nice with short travel and reset, crisp break and reset and little creep on the break - creep is probably the #1 complaint with hammer fired stock HK triggers.

It's very typical for a shooter to shoot a VP9 better than any other modern production HK barring a match trigger model.

I love my P30L LEM guns, I own 4 LEM guns total - I openly admit it's a much harder trigger to bullseye with than a VP9 and even possibly more challenging to shoot practically and quickly because of the overall travel - that said LEM is still the safest and most logically sequitur and desirable trigger style I've found for practical or defensive use.
>>
>>34371642
what about like a DA/SA trigger? specifically the SA.

Also a USP tactical would be a better trigger than a VP9 correct?
>>
File: group 6 25 17.jpg (294KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
group 6 25 17.jpg
294KB, 1067x800px
>>34371671
>what about like a DA/SA trigger? specifically the SA.

Stock USP/P2000/P30 DA/SA triggers are known for creep - it's particularly noticeable in SA - among HK owners there's debate to which is the best/worst

>Also a USP tactical would be a better trigger than a VP9 correct?

Most skilled shooters would consider the USP Tactical's trigger - which is the match variation easier to shoot than the VP9 trigger, correct.

The important concept to understand with manipulating a trigger - it comes down to a simple action; pressing/moving the trigger to the rear without disturbing the sight picture, the more "bullseye" accurate you want to be performing this action the more desirable mitigation of erroneous trigger movement corrected by "good" trigger design is.

That said - if you press the trigger to the rear and don't disturb the sights you will accomplish the same result regardless of trigger "shootability"
>>
>>34371728
No lie my nigga, I like the fact that you're relatively new to defensive shooting and have a good amount of holster wear on your P30L in such a short time frame.

but switch them sights gaddam
>>
Honestly, this thread is pretty much par for the course for the HK fandom. I bought a USP9 a couple years ago and the hammer would not consistently reset when I cycled the slide manually. I posted a thread on HKPro about the issue to see if anyone had an easy solution, and the "people" there just crucified me, claiming that this was fine as long as the gun worked during live fire, or trying to think up why it might be normal operation for the hammer to only reset sometimes. Of course, HK customer service fixed the gun when I sent it in to them, so clearly there was a problem, but unsurprisingly, I never got a single apology when I updated my thread there with that information.

>>34370787
I got a VP9 when they first came out. I understand that HK has improved the trigger since then, although I don't know exactly how. I agree that the VP trigger is highly overrated and not that great, but it's definitely not "bad," by any measure. I have since sold the gun, the trigger being only part of the reason for letting it go.

My criticisms were:
>the trigger breaking point is too far forward in the trigger guard; the start of the trigger pull feels like the DA pull length on a P30, then suddenly it breaks
>engaging the firing pin block creates a tactile bump in the take-up, which isn't terrible, but it's also not what I'd expect on a trigger widely praised as being "the best striker trigger out there" (FWIW, the PPQ also has a bump in the take-up from engaging its own FPB)
>the breaking point could be cleaner/crisper, with less over-travel, inferior to the PPQ in this regard
>the trigger reset does feel weird and stagey: at first, it's definitely undersprung, and then you get to the reset point and suddenly the spring tension gets much stronger, which makes it more difficult to shoot the trigger "to reset"
>the cut-out "trough" in the trigger guard rubs most people's fingers uncomfortably

If you're going to keep the gun, it's just something you'll have to get used to.
>>
File: P30L LEM 5 18 17 1.jpg (522KB, 929x747px) Image search: [Google]
P30L LEM 5 18 17 1.jpg
522KB, 929x747px
>>34371743
I know man the sights gotta go eventually - for the moment I'm struggling through it - I might just block out the rears myself in the mean time (got life stuff going on so no gun money or time beyond bare bones defensive drills)
>>
>>34371759
I'm a huge HK fan - your experience sounds horrible, I would have been all up HKs ass 'till they got it resolved.
>>
My VP40 has a similar issue where it feels like the trigger kinda catches half way through the pull. It doesn't hinder my accuracy, but it is annoying. Since its a .40 my finger gets pinched under the trigger at little bit while firing which can be uncomfortable.
I think the VP has an acceptable trigger for duty/defense use.
>>
File: P30L Duo.jpg (475KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
P30L Duo.jpg
475KB, 1067x800px
>>34371743
fresh OC pic 4u

>tfw sub 5 second FAST 2 weekends in a row

Now I just have to dry out and get over crippling social anxiety and performance pressure and go earn a coin!
>>
>>34371778
>(got life stuff going on so no gun money or time beyond bare bones defensive drills)

Absolutely understandable. I'm meaning to cut down on my gun spending shit short of range fees and ammo but you can always do the oldschool PF thing of blacking out the rears and painting the front bright orange.

iirc, Tom Givens and Craig Douglas both do this. But yeah, straight fukken mirin that holster wear. You had that gun for like what? 4 months now?
>>
>>34371759
Thanks for not being a jackass. I consider myself an HK fanboy, I <3 my P2000, it's one of my favorite pistols. It's a little irritating how defensive most HK fans are about their teutonic wunderwaffen.

Also glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks the trigger is undersprung and the reset feels stagey. That's definitely my biggest complaint as I like to ride the resest.
>>
>>34371106
>clip or two
It's called a magazine you fucking moron
>>
>>34371132
>shoot one handed at said 3x5 card.

The fuck would anyone do that?

>inb4 what if SHTF and a lion escaped from the zoo had hold of one of your hands what then?
>>
>>34372579
Tons of first hand accounts and video footage suggest you cannot guarantee access to a freestyle (2 handed) grip in a gunfight/defensive shooting.

a 3x5 card is a great approximation of two things:
vertically oriented it approximates a human heart and the local arterial veins
horizontally it approximates the soft tissue cavity we commonly refer to as the ocular cavity (ie: quick access to the brain stem with little to no chance of deflection)
>>
>>34372544
Kind of a shit timeline but actually have owned 3 P30L LEMs at this point, currently own two and yes those two were both bought 4 months ago or less and have undergone habitual autistic dry and live fire practice. See: >>34371939
>>
>>34372554
It would probably be a non-issue if you just get into the habit of shooting to full trigger release every time. I liked the VP9 because the overall ergonomics were very good, I loved the slide ears, I thought it looked pretty good overall, it just felt modern and "state of the art," and I trusted the reliability and functionality quite a lot.

The reasons I sold it were partly for the trigger, partly because it's just a big motherfucker with only OK capacity, and the rest had to do with the grip. It's really "ergonomic," but after using it, I just found that I don't prefer those kinds of ergonomics. I'd rather have access to the full length of my fingers to wrap around a narrower, flatter (more shaft-like) handle, rather than having the handle fill my palm with plastic humps all over the place which reduced my ability to reach my fingers all around the grip.
>>
File: 20170626_214243.jpg (2MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_214243.jpg
2MB, 4160x2080px
>>34370787
I agree

pic related, three guns with better triggers than the VP9
>>
>>34372783
I thought the ergonomics were OK, but I too don't like the "molded grip" feeling. I'd rather have something large with an aggressive texture to hold onto.

Also that reminds me of another little thing I don't like about the VP9. Was your slide super squeaky and always felt like it was rubbing against something when you cycled it? When I got mine I thought it just needed oil, but nope, that's how both of them always are. They always creak and feel like something's grinding when I rack the slide. Makes the gun feel cheap.
>>
>>34372826
>I thought the ergonomics were OK, but I too don't like the "molded grip" feeling. I'd rather have something large with an aggressive texture to hold onto.
Sell the VP and get yourself a USP right now. The light (sometimes called match/hybrid) LEM trigger is worlds better than the VP's striker-fired trigger. Even the heavy LEM is better smoother and crisper than the VP trigger.

>Was your slide super squeaky and always felt like it was rubbing against something when you cycled it
I don't remember, but this sounds like a recoil spring/guide rod issue. Try oiling your guide rod.
>>
File: P30L Moss 6 10 17.jpg (1MB, 1291x900px) Image search: [Google]
P30L Moss 6 10 17.jpg
1MB, 1291x900px
posting HK because why not
>>
File: P2000sk 6-7-17 (3).jpg (466KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
P2000sk 6-7-17 (3).jpg
466KB, 1067x800px
>>
>>34372852
I have a V1 Light LEM P2000 and love it, so I'm presuming the USP's hybrid match is even better. That's something to think about.

>>34372864
That's always welcome
>>
File: USP40 6-7-17.jpg (469KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
USP40 6-7-17.jpg
469KB, 1067x800px
>>
File: USP9c 6-7-17.jpg (483KB, 1158x800px) Image search: [Google]
USP9c 6-7-17.jpg
483KB, 1158x800px
>>34372876
Hybrid match is supposedly the bee knees from skilled shooters - shorter travel less creep - the only things left to work on.
>>
File: P30L Creek Alt 6 10 17.jpg (645KB, 980x900px) Image search: [Google]
P30L Creek Alt 6 10 17.jpg
645KB, 980x900px
>>
>>34372876
>I have a V1 Light LEM P2000 and love it, so I'm presuming the USP's hybrid match is even better.
I've never tried the P2000 with an LEM trigger, but honestly, it's probably about the same. Only differences you're likely to experience is the reset distance being shorter on the USP, and I think the initial take-up would be smoother, since the firing pin block engages later through the pull on the USP than it does on the firing system that's in the P2000 - it's a tactile bump on the P30, and again, I've never handled a P2000 with LEM, but I'm assuming it would be the same as the P30 in this regard.
>>
>>34371759
>>the trigger breaking point is too far forward in the trigger guard; the start of the trigger pull feels like the DA pull length on a P30, then suddenly it breaks

Am I the only one who likes this? I prefer a trigger that breaks far forward to one that comes all the way back to the frame. Might be because I have large hands and with some guns it's uncomfortable to pull the trigger back to far. A larger backstrap/grip usually helps, but most striker fired pistols only have backstraps that increase palm swell, not distance to the trigger.

That was one of the things I liked about my Hi-Power. The trigger broke about halfway through the trigger guard. Yeah, it overtraveled another half inch and had a mile of reset, but the break was super nice.
>>
File: P30L Creek 6 10 17.jpg (501KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
P30L Creek 6 10 17.jpg
501KB, 1067x800px
>>34372908
You would be correct the P2000 and P30 family share trigger groups for the most part, the USP family does its thing
>>
>>34371385
the worst part is the bottom guys stance doesnt look terrible, especially for a new timer.

so why is his grouping so God damn bad? Are they just doing mag-dump drills?
>>
>>34373818
>so why is his grouping so God damn bad? Are they just doing mag-dump drills?

They're most likely noguns that have never shot, rented the uzi at the local range for a ridiculous cost and that's it. Nothing structured about it.

Typical casual shooters you see at the range trying to magdump their guns as fast as they can while hipfiring the occasional 12ga loaded with birdshot aiming at...nothing.
>>
>>34373853
>11 years ago
>indoor public renting range
>shooting terrible 5 yard groups with terrible grip at 8" targets
>guys next lane are missing man-sized silhouette at same range

People generally suck fucking ass with handgats
>>
File: 1478971451927.png (721KB, 830x987px) Image search: [Google]
1478971451927.png
721KB, 830x987px
>>34373902
>People generally suck fucking ass with handgats

I was shooting 3x5 cards at 3, 5 and 7 yards working on strictly accuracy, troubleshooting some shit earlier today with all holes touching at 3 and 5 yards consistently. Just doing my normal routine when I shoot speed drills, I have several people come up to me and tell me I'm pretty good with a handgun.

I actually suck ass for the most part but this kind of shooting skill actually impresses most people which is quite concerning.

I'm using a Glock 19 btw
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.