[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about PMCs. Future of warfare? Failed experiment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

Lets talk about PMCs.
Future of warfare? Failed experiment?
>>
File: 1487788462134.jpg (133KB, 824x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487788462134.jpg
133KB, 824x960px
>>34368158
Squad practice.
>>
File: 1489590044921.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489590044921.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>34368158
>>
>>34368158
Very relevant to hybrid, fifth generation warfare. PMCs and other "non-state actors".
>>
>>34368158
Sorry, what is a "PMC"?
>>
>>34368309
>fifth
Fourth.
>>
>>34368314
Private military cockinmyass
>>
>>34368314
Private Military Company/Contractor
>>
>>34368329
ahh, thank you I thought it was some type of rifle (a different/new ak)
>>
>>34368158
PMC's are just the legal corporate form of Mercenaries which have been the used since forever. I think representative democracy is the only failed experiment.
>>
>>34368158
>Failed experiment?
Mercenaries aren't really an experiment.
>>
>>34368338
sad part is I was in the Corps for 5+ years and still didn't know
>>
>>34368352
Agreed, Communism is the real answer

>>34368314
Piss Mixed Cum

>>34368354
K
>>
File: 1492551888524.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492551888524.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>tfw you were too young to experience the golden age of pmcs
>>
>>34368414
lol, I think my prob is that I'm too old to have caught the 'golden age of pmc's'
>>
>>34368414
What's even going on there?
>>
>>34370027
Resupply shenanigans I think.
>>
Just a fancy, politically correct title for mercenary.

The job isn't going anywhere, but demand and attention fluctuates a lot.
>>
>>34368158
There will always be mercs. The effective application of violence is not a simple matter and states can find themselves short on competent or willing practitioners. Non-state organizations, legitimate and otherwise, can also find themselves in need of men-at-arms but with no state able or willing to provide them.

States that can field their own armies officially disapprove of them because their expertise can turn a slap-fight between minor nations into a real war that UN then needs to stomp out. But if mercs keep a low profile by branding themselves as advisors/guards, avoid contracts that would draw attention to themselves, and lobby for some sort of official sanction; states are willing to ignore and sometimes employ them.
>>
>>34368158
More the future at least in so far as organizations such as the CIA using them as foot soldiers.
>>
OMG, already another PMC thread.

What you faggots think PMC's do is totally wrong. Even in the "golden age" during early Iraq, it was just a bunch of retards acting operator. The ones who did have a pretty solid military background were few and far between. Seriously, stop jerking off to this romanticized image you fucking losers have concocted in your tiny cuck wannabe brains, and kill your selves already.
>>
>>34370027
one PMC buzzing the fuck out of another one. Probably justified, based upon the lack of an angered response.
>>
>>34372832
...shut the fuck up. You have literally no fucking clue what you are talking about you milsimming faggot.
>>
>>34368158
>Future of warfare?
no, they will augment things in the future, but you will never see a PMC leading a push to Baghdad style operation like OIF.
>Failed Experiment
ehhhhhh, 2003-about 2006ish you still had a lot of hacks and mom and pop PMCs trying to get in on the gold rush. The true "professionals" and the ones with the budget or the contacts have risen to the top, just like in any other business sector in the free market. I have a feeling alot of the PMCs and what a PMC is expected to do will morph and change repeatedly over the next 10-20 years and the ones that can change and adapt will be successful. But you will still have guys out there like my friend that thought he could open a comic book shop because he liked comics. Guys will think they can start a PMC because they were in the Army in some random MOS not related, and just like my friend and his comic shop, they will end up broke, and blaming everyone else for their failure.
>>
>>34372871
>CIA not contracting operators through front companies like Xe instead of hiring them directly as a GS

NSA does the same (see Snowden) employees have a security clearance but they don't technically work for the government they work for their respective company. Hence no govnement benefits, pension or sometimes responsibility if they fuck up.
>>
I think they were a cost effective solution to problem holes that the military didn't have pegs for.
>>
>>34368158
The concept of a "PMC" has existed since the middle ages.

The "Free Company" was literally a roving band of soldiers that kings and other such rulers paid to not fuck them up, or paid to fight for them.

Being a professional soldier who wasn't a retainer to a Lord meant being a Mercenary.
>>
>>34373046
>CIA not contracting operators through front companies like Xe instead of hiring them directly as a GS
why would they do that when they have all of SOCOM at their beck and call
>>
>>34373089
Because some operations might be too sensitive (illegal) to have the DOD involved or maybe it's a headache to try and get a SEAL team to help you out or maybe they just want their own guys that are always available for when they need them.
>>
>>34368352
I guess that's true if you consider glorified security guards to be mercenaries.
>>
>>34373239
>maybe they just want their own guys that are always available for when they need them.
Like SOG, SAD, or any paramilitary units they already have
>>
File: 1497858607105.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497858607105.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>34368293
What If the Emperor loves Chaos?
>>
>>34373276
SOG is no longer a thing, SAD are specialized teams like Devgru and DELTA that probably won't be wasted doing regular grunt stuff the CIA needs, those paramilitaries who do you think gives them their checks? They work and get paid by the CIA but at the end of the day they're contractors who work for a PMC. Example see Benghazi.
>>
>>34368414
Should have hooked that rifle sling on the skid and taken off with their rifle
>>
It's easier to pay out of pocket the yearly wages of three to five soldiers to each mercenary than it is to have news stations sensationalize the deaths of US Soldiers.

Why bother even having a military when you can just pay third party actors to do your job for you and no one gives a shit?

I think PMCs will eventually start to pull in even the most basic grunts and even civilians in the future but only time will tell.
>>
Overpaid Mall Cops
>>
>>34374235
>Future wars will be private militaries and AI drones VS third world dirt farmers

KOJIMA WAS RIGHT AGAIN
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.