[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no Luger P08 clones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: muh diq.jpg (319KB, 1280x661px) Image search: [Google]
muh diq.jpg
319KB, 1280x661px
There are clones of a shit ton of popular WW1 & 2 handgunz. Why no Luger P08?
>>
>>34367934
Unlike classic cars, guns don't really seem to get alot of reproduction manufacturing.

That's a possibly lucrative niche market if anyone wants to get into it.
>>
>>34367934

There were clones of the P08, such as the Mitchell Mauser Luger. However, all the clones were garbage and suffered from issues like soft metal and bent/broken parts. It's also as >>34367950 points out too. The Mitchell reproductions were considered a flop due to poor sales.
>>
>>34367934
My guess is cost. Compared to its contemporaries, Lugers are expensive to manufacture. This is the reason they were eventually replaced with the much cheaper to manufacture P38.

Another reason, is toggle lock designs had only a small room for development. The Luger was as advanced as the locking system would allow. Even toggle lock rifles flopped.
>>
There are good P08 clones, but they're expensive.
http://www.waffen-werle.de/index.htm
>>
File: cont the joke.jpg (63KB, 720x429px) Image search: [Google]
cont the joke.jpg
63KB, 720x429px
>>34367934
>There are clones of a shit ton of popular WW1 & 2 handgunz

Is some one making new hi powers, new nambus,are there new FN and colt 1903's out there? Did smith tool up and start making the model 10 again? and where are the new c96's? Anon, tell me where all these new guns are, I wouldnt mind buying some.
>>
>>34368123
Hi Powers and the Model 10 are still being made.
>>
>>34368390
Well thats two out of a shit ton. Keep going.
>>
>>34367934
Because it's an expensive design that requires a fair amount of handfitting.

Small outfits put out some repros here and there but they're usually around a few thousand dollars.

There's also the fact that there are lots of Lugers going around, and it's hard to compete with that market. Repro guns are more often than not a risky business venture, it'll be expensive and you'll likely see few buyers.

>>34368123
I think Colt made some mediocre 1903s in a limited run and with inflated prices. It's funny because a good condition 1903 isn't hard to find and they're not even half of what Colt charged for their new ones.
>>
>>34367934
because people that could buy good quality new production lugers, may as well buy good condition period luger
>>
>>34368424
>Out of a shit ton
That's half if your listed examples. Colt also did a run of 1903s. Why the fuck would anyone make a Nambu? They're only collectible because of how shitty and rare they are.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.