[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USS Fitzgerald SET COLLISION COURSE and IGNORED WARNINGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 14

File: Fitz.jpg (217KB, 1016x796px) Image search: [Google]
Fitz.jpg
217KB, 1016x796px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-navy-asia-exclusive-idUSKBN19H13C

>The ACX Crystal had signaled with flashing lights after the Fitzgerald suddenly steamed on to a course to cross its path.

>The container ship then steered hard to starboard to avoid the warship, but the Fitzgerald matched its speed and hit the Crystal 10 minutes later at 1:30 a.m., killing seven sailors.

How the FUCK does this even happen?
>>
on purpose
>>
>>34366946
Just following orders sir
>>
>>34366946
>SAYS CONTAINER SHIP CAPTIAN

Wew lad. We call that damage control when the ALS track is very clear. The container ship captian didn't try to maneuver shit, nor would any competent captian knowingly stay on a collision course.

Nobody was in the wheelhouse on the crystal. It was a clear autopilot, hence why it kept sailing on the same track after impact.
>>
>>34366946

Bloody cocky americans. When will they learn?
>>
>>34366976
Who the fuck doesn't man the bridge even when it's on autopilot? You think captains on passenger planes just walk away from the dickpit when they punch auto?
>>
>>34366946
it wasnt my fault
T. the guy who fucked up
>>
>>34367006
It's their waters though.
>>
>>34367032
...what?
>>
File: 1498296608140.jpg (28KB, 302x399px) Image search: [Google]
1498296608140.jpg
28KB, 302x399px
>>34366946
Was Orstrayleahs fault, again...
>>
>>34366946
>USS Fitzgerald SET COLLISION COURSE and IGNORED WARNINGS
Shit like this is why I believe that old, "Carrier Group vs. a Lighthouse" story is true.
>>
>>34367002
>Who the fuck doesn't man the bridge even when it's on autopilot?

The morons who just rammed a destroyer.
>>
>>34366946
Oh, look it is this thread again. And no new solid infos as ever.
>>
>>34367116
Except for the part where, y'know, the Fitz did neither and the Cargo captain is lying though his teeth.

We have the fucking ALS tracks and radio traffic logs to prove it, goddamnit!
>>
>>34366946

*AMERICA FUCK YEAH, COMING TO CRASH YOUR MOTHERFUCKING CARGO SHIP*
>>
>>34367138
>The morons who just rammed a destroyer.

Except for the part that according to all maritime laws and guidelines, they're in the clear.
Sure, they probably did not follow the protocol fully and let the bridge unattended but for all intents and purposes, they had the right of way and minimal ability to prevent it considering that their ship was the unwieldy one and that they are the civilian behemoth that transmits signal so everyone know they are there whereas the destroyer uses stealthy surfaces, camouflage and other shit to make it as hard to detect as possible.

The ones who fucked up are 100% the US Navy. These guys are simply going to eat some nasty screenings and such because the Fitzgerald was crewed by imbeciles.
>>
>>34367256
>they had the right of way
In an overtake situation, which is what this was, no they did not have the right of way. They had the duty to adjust course, and did not do so. And then they left it on autopilot with nobody on the bridge, which is criminal negligence.
>>
Nice to know the American Navy will lose a war easily because it's turning into a Latino military.
>>
>>34367269
America should invade the Philippines over this. I still can't believe we haven't declared war over this clear act of Filipino aggression.
>>
>>34367256
>Except for the part that according to all maritime laws and guidelines, they're in the clear.

Wrong. They made multiple course corrections while overtaking.

Get off mount stupid or stop posting.
>>
>>34367002
3rd world poorly educated retards.

just because you can train a monkey to do something doesnt mean you make it understand why.
>>
>>34367287
Your navy would get rekt by cargo ships
>>
>>34366976
Anyone got a link to the ALS track? Trying to google it doesn't bring up anything useful
>>
>>34367211
Post it then, I want to verify this information.
>>
>>34367274
someone half assed mildly leftist shitposter is going to wonder in here sometime today and immediatly react by telling you to go back to /pol/ without ever considering the ramifications of encouraging recruiters to recruit the dumbest of morons from the poorest of neighborhoods to serve
>>
>>34367287
>lost to rice farmers with outdated weapons in Vietnam
>now lost to an unarmed cargo-ship in Philippines
If you're American and like to get fucked in southeast Asia, just go to Bangkok and hire a T-boy with a big dick to put in your ass.
>>
File: pb.jpg (243KB, 1256x960px) Image search: [Google]
pb.jpg
243KB, 1256x960px
>former stoker (mechanic) in the royal australian navy
>working on patrol boats up north
>on watch one day, supervising cleaning duties
>appoint young BM to clean out the forward heads, pumping them to below decks storage tanks
>he can't do it, I keep telling him to fuck off back there and do it but he keeps coming back
>get the shits, go down there to do it myself, start manually pumping the lever, nothing
>see one of the flexipipes is constricting, indicating blockage
>take it off, use a coathanger to clear the blockage in a hurry, forget about the pressure I've built up
>suddenly shit and toilet paper is blasting into this small room space
>before long the floor is 20cm deep with shit. logs, liquid, toilet paper
>boat is rocking, shit is slopping everywhere
>no way to pump it out, have to bag it up with garbage bags and throw it overboard

That was only my 3rd worst day in the navy.
>>
>>34367378
US military gets the bulk of its recruits straight from the middle class.

Tired old memes are fun as long as the people peddling them are not actually taking them as facts.
>>
>>34367378
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>34367394
see
>>34367342

Filipinos are poorly trained monkeys.
>>
File: DCf2WE6VwAA2BYV.jpg (19KB, 490x387px) Image search: [Google]
DCf2WE6VwAA2BYV.jpg
19KB, 490x387px
>>34367354
>>34367375
>>
>>34367405
What I'm looking at? Give the link nigga.
>>
>>34367418
>What I'm looking at?
The ALS track of the crystal

>give me a link

No shit, Google. It's not hard.

The fact you can't look at that and figure it out shows you are of pretty low intelligence by the way.
>>
>>34367397
sure thing, Rodriguez
>>
>>34367438
That's more like it.
>>
>>34367427
>The fact you can't look at that and figure it out
So what do you think it means? Where's the collision site? All that shows is a boat turning around.
>>
>>34367405
How did you come up with a conclusion that ACXCrystal hasn't changed its course? Point out to me in those track map where the collision happens so we could see if ACXCrystal hasn't changed its course of whatever you are saying.

For the fuck sake, if you think some god damn captain that sail a ship for how long and now lying about his ship course. Yes, the ship course with every piece of data and track has been up to public since the accident, over the Marinetraffic.
>>
>>34367405
>That track
so, the cargo ship successfully maneuvered around the destroyer the first time, passing it by, while heading west?
then for some fucking reason, it turns around and heads back, straight for it, then collision?
what the fuck?
>>
>>34367548
>>34367587
I'm guessing that light blue track that the Crystal intersects is the Fitzgerald, especially considering that vector corresponds to the Fitzgerald's damage.
>>
>>34367597
Looks like it's the Fitzgerald's fault then. Should've given way to the vessel coming from starboard, as per international maritime regulations.
>>
>>34367594
Wasting time on the sea because they arrived too early, is a possiblity. A busy port like that has timed arrivals and schedules. They can't just turn into port whenever they want.
>>
the ramming is not incidental
the cargo vessel company has been infiltrated by chinese spies
>>
>>34367594
>>34367587
>on autopilot
>heading east on straight track
>hit waypoint
>adjust track northbound slightly
>suddenly hit destroyer
>get pointed southbound
>no one is in the bridge
>correct back to previous heading
>captain arrives in bridge
>OY FUCKING VEY
>realize you just hit something
>pull a 180
>realize you just hit a destroyer
>OY VEY OY VEY OY VEY
>realize you just hit a US Navy destroyer
>OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY START WRITING UP OUR EXCUSES GOYIM
>pull another 180 and proceed to port
>>
>>34367654
the Crystal hit the Fitzgerald on a westbound track

where its course intercepts the blue icon is where they collided.
>>
>>34367682
are you certain that the fitzgerald had AIS on, and that you aren't looking at a photo of a historical track overlaid onto current traffic?
>>
>>34367642
Or, you know, Islamic extremestist running amok
>>
>>34367597
>>34367594
>>34367587
>>34367548
The collision occurred at the first 90° right turn. The reason they conclude that the ship is on autopilot, with an unmanned bridge, is that the ship powers through the collision (which pushes it off course), then turns to resume its previous course. The U-turn that follows is when the crew wakes up and goes "oh, shit."

Bear in mind, powering through the collision, combined with the visible damage to Fitz's superstructure >>34366946 , means that the Fitz was pushed up onto the underwater protrusion from the Crystal's bow, and carried up and over while being pushed out of the way. The visible damage above the waterline is NOTHING compared to the damage beneath. I would be very curious what the maximum list angle was during the collision.
>>
>>34367689
no idea
>>
>>34366946
>The ACX Crystal had signaled with flashing lights
>with flashing lights

We are back in fucking 18th century again?
There was this italian fucker called Marconi who invented this thing called "radio".

Channel 16, you filipino dingus, you are fucking obligated to use it for initiating ship to ship comm
>>
>>34367714
What frequency is channel 16?
>>
>>34367394
Oh look, another person who doesn't know shit about history.
>>
>
>>
<
>>
>>34366946
ITT: Americans trying to defend the Ship Capitain to ignore Warnings or be leaving the ship on Auto-Pilot and no one in the bridge.

Well...The Cargo Ship was full loaded, any tight curve would send all cargo into sear or worse, maybe capsized it.

Both crews are dumb niggers, the Burgers and The Fillipino Master Race for not seeing the ship early.
>>
>>34367746
So what course did the Fitzgerald have?
>>
>>34367396
Tell about the other two please. I laughed heartily.
>>34367400
I think he is experiencing reality. And it is not a pretty one.
>>
>>34367748
from what i can see of the damage, between 20-70 degrees maybe? i'm not that good with ships.
>>
>>34366946
BWAHAHAHA STUPID AMERICANS
>muh stronk ships
>dont hav ta listin to no wun
CRUNCH
>b-b-b-buh muh killin sand niggas!

Absolutely pathetic!
>>
"If the big fat cargo ship hits a US destroyer, it is because the big fat cargo ship didn't do enough to avoid ramming the smaller faster one"

t. Americans
>>
>>34367767
who are you quoting?
>>
>>34367714
Yes, but there's no publicly available log that clearly shows that he failed to use his flashing lights.
>He's lying his ass off to try and avoid losing his master's papers because his ship failed to follow the rules of the road while overtaking, and crashed while on autopilot with no one at the wheel
>>
>>34367064
japs in jap waters and they have to move out of the way for gaijins?
>>
>>34367256
>Except for the part that according to all maritime laws and guidelines, they're in the clear.

Except for Rule 13 of the COLREGS which states that the overtaking ship must give way to the ship being passed. Crystal was passing Fitz, hence Crystal was legally in the wrong.

>Sure, they probably did not follow the protocol fully and let the bridge unattended but for all intents and purposes, they had the right of way

Leaving the bridge unattended is a violation of Rule 5 of the COLREGS. You should try researching the 'maritime laws and guidelines' that you're referring to.

Unless your post is bait, in which case, well done.
>>
>>34367714
Maybe those container sailors wanted to make sure that navy lookout originated from B.C? may notice them
>>
>>34366946
it's time Ivan. we will begin flinging shit and uttering nonsense on the internets. the stupid will believe us and the wise will become angry, but in either case we will laugh.

once they are good and riled we go to stand in bread line for 3 hours and see what we have wrought. is good day Ivan.
>>
>>34367789
Pinoys in Jap waters
>>
>>34367789
>>
>>34367886
>Legitimately describes US Foreign policy relations
>>
File: That is the joke..png (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
That is the joke..png
1MB, 640x480px
>>34367909
>>
ISIS has infiltrated nearly all parts of Phillipines including gov't and industry. You don't think this was intentional. Just another battle in the War of Civilizations that you're losing, America.

Covered up by cuck officers hired by the Obama Girls after he replaced our fighting men with sissies and leftist traitors. O yea, enjoy the Islamist infiltrators Barry Osama left in all levels of the government. Maybe this will keep happening until you don't have any destroyers left, YOU MOROONS, YOU. YOU are totally cucked.
>>
>people looked at a ALS track and then can't fucking figure out what happened.

I mean....is everyone here a fucking brainlet? This is common sense shit. Its not fucking rocket science.
>>
anyone get fired for it yet?
>>
>>34366946
CRASHING THIS SHIP
>>
>>34367763
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>34367946
Excuse us if we're not all radar fags and seaman guzzlers like you!
>>
>>34367936
Canada is ruled by a muslim infiltrator too
>>
>>34367999
He's talking about US govt arrogance and idiocy that should be obvious
US Govt literally believes they are supposed to rule the world and laws don't apply to them
>>
>>34367936
>>34368012
>I'm so far up my own ass the fumes are making me see visions!
>>
>>34368004
What makes you think I know Jack shit about naval anything?

Do you lack all cognitive ability of deduction? Don't feel to bad I guess, your retarded ass is not alone.
>>
>>34367269
>unsourced unsubstantiated bullshit
"If to starboard red appear, 'tis your duty to keep clear"
>>
>>34367984
WITH
>>
>>34368119
See
>>34367807

I'm not denying that the Fitzgerald fucked up as well. But the container ship was legally in the wrong on multiple levels.
>>
>>34367807
>Crystal was passing Fitz
Zero evidence for this. It's simply been mentioned as the only way out of guilty for Fitz because all evidence suggests otherwise. Crystal was going 17.3 knots at time of collision. We don't know how fast Fitz was going but cruise speed of Arleigh Burkes is 20 knots. And if you look at the damage pictures it's such that the structures of Fitz have been bent to stern, indicating that Fitz was faster than Crystal. So if it was an overtaking situation it was Fitz overtaking Crystal, making Fitz the guilty party once more.
>>
>>34368130
SOME
>>
>>34368285
It's just Americans and Vatniks that are like this. They'll pull lies and excuses out of their ass until the truth is finally published and then they go quiet.
>>
>>34368285
>you can't overtake if you are slower

Wut. Do you know how to angle?
>>
>>34366946
So basically, the flips have seen muzzies running people over with cars and decided to up the game.
Granted its a stupid game, and we all know what happens when you play stupid games.
>>
>>34368312
Go ahead. Enlighten us.
>>
>>34368333
Say they were perfectly spaced and uneven speed.

If the crystal turns INTO the fitz (lowering the relative angle) even if the Fitz is faster it turns a cross into a accident because it lowers the relative distance.

Did you miss the geometry 101?
>>
>>34368363
To add, this is why on an overtake/cross, BOTH PARTIES are to maintain BOTH speed AND bearing, because if you fuck with any of those two you can cause an accident.
>>
>>34368363
You're not being clear. Are you assuming parallel courses at time of course change?
>>
>>34368399
Negative, if it was parallel they would have never hit due to speed difference.

Crystal's unmonitored course change turned a cross into a crash. That's the lionshare of the blame.
>>
>>34368413
You're still not being clear. An overtaking vessel is defined as coming up with another vessel from a direction more than 22.5 degrees abaft her beam. Show how you can overtake with this precondition while being slower.
>>
>>34367919
Is it bad that the abridged series has overwritten the DBZ characters in my mind?
>>
>>34368431
>overtake

When you cross a ships bearing your overtaking them (or rather, their heading).

What the fuck makes you think the crystal was PASSING the fitz? The ALS data does not support this, the damage does not support this.... Where the fuck did you pull a pass from?
>>
>>34368296
DROWNED
>>
>>34367396
>those two assholes wearing bucket hats
>>
>>34368463
Yes and no. The turned Krillin and Popo into one-joke-memes but several characters are better in the abridged series than not, like Vegeta and Piccolo.
>>
>>34368488
They just had to be snowflakes.
>>
>>34368481
>What the fuck makes you think the crystal was PASSING the fitz?
I don't, retard. Can't you follow the discussion you're having? Then follow the backlinks.
>>
>>34367767
>"If the big fat cargo ship hits a US destroyer, it is because the big fat cargo ship

Was in egregious violation of Rules 5, 13, 16, 17, 20, possibly 27, 34, and 36 of the COLREGS.

ftfy
>>
>>34368564
>It's simply been mentioned as the only way out of guilty for Fitz because all evidence suggests otherwise

Where? Overtake as in pass. Not as in cross the bearing.
>>
>>34368582
>>you can't overtake if you are slower
So Crystal was overtaking Fitz while being slower, according to you. And I'm asking you to explain this. And explain this clearly according to the definition of overtaking.
>>
>>34368578
They will still find the fitz guilty of some shit. I mean, these investigations always find both ships at fault.

But the majority of the blame will fall to the crystal, with the fitz getting hit with the "you should have payed more attention to the (quite Litterally) out of control ship, and maintain sit aware"
>>
>>34368578
Show us your evidence
>>
>>34368592
>So Crystal was overtaking Fitz while being slower, according to you

The crystal was overtakeing the fitz bearing in a cross and turned into him.

>according to my definition

Nobody gives a shit about your special snowflake definition.

If you have any issue with the word overtake please refer to my first sentence in this post.
>>
>>34367002
It's almost like it would take a special kind of stupid, like ram-a-us-destroyer stupid. hmmmmmmm...
>>
>>34368620
>your special snowflake definition
It's in the rules, your retard. I quote: "A vessel shall be deemed to be overtaking when coming up with another vessel from a direction more than 22.5 degrees abaft her beam, that is, in such a position with reference to the vessel she is overtaking, that at night she would be able to see only the sternlight of that vessel but neither of her sidelights."
http://www.jag.navy.mil/distrib/instructions/COLREG-1972.pdf

So according to you Crstyl was able to overtake Fitz from a position more than 22.5 degrees abaft her beam while being slower. I ask you now for the umteenth time to explain clearly how this is possible.
>>
>>34368488
U N K N O W N D E A T H
>>
>>34368643
Where is your proof that the Fitz was going faster than the Crystal?
>>
>>34367256
A very well thought out entry for the award winning game show "bait or literal mental retardation." I'm quite impressed, you may yet take first prize
>>
>>34368504
I guess Piccolo has actually gained depth, but it's mostly Goku. Now I can't imagine him as anything other than some sort of idiot savant.
>>
>>34368488
Me on the left.
>>
>>34368657
Where is your proof that the Fitz was going slower than the Crystal?
>>
>>34368672
You're the one claiming she was traveling faster going by fucking wikipedia cruise speed, so back that shit up. I never made a claim regarding speed, I'm just calling out the obvious hole in your argument.
>>
>>34368657
Read the fucking discussion, retard. If you can't follow it, if you can't keep half a dozen replies in your head, then follow the backlinks and look it up. I said that we don't know how fast Fitz was going but that the cruise speed of Arleigh Burkes is 20 knots and that the damage indicated that Fitz was going faster because the structures are bent to stern. To this you then replied your stupid greentext:
>you can't overtake if you are slower
asserting that Crystal was overtaking Fitz while also going slower than Fitz. And now you try to weasel out of your very own assertion after I showed you what overtaking means according to international rules.
>>
>>34368643
>confusing overtakeing a bearing with the act of overtakeing (a pass)

I mean, your wrong, you know your wrong, yet you are now going to strawman on an argument I didn't make?
>>
(´・ω・`)
>>
>>34368717
What strawman?
>>
>>34368711
The damage does not indicate an overtake at all.

It indicates a crossing gone wrong.
>>
>>34368728
>confusing overtakeing a bearing with the act of overtakeing (a pass)
That one.

I'm clearly talking about the former, you are talking about the latter.
>>
>>34368733
Well, if it was a crossing then It's clearly Fitz' fault, because she had the Crystal on her staarboard.
>>
>>34368743
Are you retarded? I responded to this post: >>34367807
in which Rule 13 is explicitly mentioned.
>>
>>34368711
>I said that we don't know how fast Fitz was going but that the cruise speed of Arleigh Burkes is 20 knots

>I'm pulling this out of my ass because I have no evidence and am offering my uneducated opinion

>damage indicated that Fitz was going faster because the structures are bent to stern

The damage does not indicate that at all
>>
>>34368285
>And if you look at the damage pictures it's such that the structures of Fitz have been bent to stern,

Which correlates perfectly with the angle of impact and the fact that the Crystal powered through the collision. That dragging damage is the result of the Crystal continuing underway and rolling/throwing the Fitzgerald clear. The AIS track clearly shows the Crystal continuing on after the collision, which is a violation of yet another rule. So far, we have the Crystal provably in violation of around a half dozen regulations.
>>
>>34368763
Show us your evidence that Crystal was overtaking Fitz. You have ZERO. You only ever claimed it.
>>
>>34368747
In a crossing both ships maintain speed and heading.

The ALS track shows crystal deviation.

You can't turn port in the middle of a cross and blame the other ship.
>>
>>34368777
>The AIS track clearly shows the Crystal continuing on after the collision, which is a violation of yet another rule. So far, we have the Crystal provably in violation of around a half dozen regulations.
Except that it turns around and comes back. A container ship isn't that easy to turn around.
>>
>>34368790
Wew lad, it does not take as long as it did to turn around. When it finally DOES turn around it does it plenty fast.

You need to come to terms that nobody was in the crystal's wheelhouse.
>>
>>34368777
>with the angle of impact
Which was what exactly and where did you get it from?

>correlates perfectly
What do you mean?
>>
>>34368790
It did not even slow down.
>>
>>34368782
What do you mean?
>>
>>34368838
>what do you mean.

Fuck dude, really?

Rule 17. All of it. Specifically (i).

If you need help beyond that I can't do it.
>>
>>34368838
see
>>34367746

Crystal made a slight left turn just before the collision. The collision then changed her course hard to the right and then autopilot corrected to get back on the heading she had after making the slight left and just before the collision.
>>
https://youtu.be/m1b58yelh_c
here is the real time AIS
the tracking isn't evidence in itself
the disinfo is coming from the exact time of collision
until that is released who knows what the fuck happened
>>
>>34368865
>the disinfo is coming from the exact time of collision

It's pretty fucking obvious when the collision happened.
>>
>>34366989
Considering this is fake news, there's nothing to learn here. Look at the ALS logs.
>>
>>34366946
To be fair, non-americans shouldn't even be at sea.
>>
>>34367064
They were fucking Flips. Jesus christ.
>>
>>34368875
allegedly the time was 0130 but, there is confusion whether or not the cargo ship was turning starboard at the time.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170626-124853.png (130KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170626-124853.png
130KB, 2560x1440px
>>34368889
Oh yeah, they Tokyo drifted that shit without assistance.

Get real
>>
>>34368857
But you asserted a crossing situation, which makes Fitz the stand-on vessel as she had the Crystal to her starboard.
>>
>>34368916
>makes Fitz the stand-on vessel as she had the Crystal to her starboard.

Wrong, the Fitz is the give way vessel.

This is not hard.
>>
>>34368863
Yes, I see that. That is a possibility.
>>
>>34368909
stfu you faggot bitch
there was a slight turn at 0131:30 which is the probable impact. than a hard turn to starboard. which goes against the cargo ship captains testimony. also he stated that for 10 minutes the fitzgerald was being signaled which is over 5km of distance without a course change from the cargo.

not saying the fault was on the cargo ship crew but, their captain's story is shit
>>
>>34368925
Sorry, my mistake
>>
Who's at fault here is largely irrelevant, other than maybe to scrounge up some petty compensation from the other party.

The fact that a destoryer got rammed and almost sunk by a slow-ass cargo ship proves the Captain in command of the Fitz incompetent. He should have been able to manoeuvre out of the way even if they cargo ship was intentionally trying to ram him. He has literally every advantage in detection, mobility etc.
>>
>>34368946
>ships are sportscars

K, thanks for your input.
>>
>>34368938
>which is over 5km of distance without a course change from the cargo
She went about 18 knots and the last change of course came approximately 12 minutes before the collision. Calculate the distance travelled.
>>
>>34368938
>there was a slight turn at 0131:30 which is the probable impact. than a hard turn to starboard. which goes against the cargo ship captains testimony.

No shit. That's slightly after showing the sevarity of the turn from the impact.
>>
So this is the state of the US Navy huh?

I guess the man these ships with literally bottom of the barrel officers and enlisted. Same reason why the Air Force's entire missile career field is shit
>>
>>34368972
~6km
which is probably beyond visual range at night so the cargo ship's surface radar is what caused them to start signalling if that is to be believed.
>>
>>34368999
>turn into a collision course
>don't correct it

Crystals captian is FUUUUUUUUCKED
>>
>>34368610
We'll start with the ship track here;

>>34367739
And go with a little better detail here;

>>34367746
Please note the speed indicators, they're inportant.

This article clearly lays out the admission of guilt by the captain of the Crystal. He states that he tried communicating via flashing light, which is not authorized nor recognized as a primary means of establishing communication. It's a bullshit excuse, and if he sticks with it he's going to get fucked in court.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19H13C

Finally, a source;

https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=navRulesContent
>>
>>34368946
T
By all accounts, Fitzgerald's captain was asleep in his bunk and was injured badly enough by the collision that they airlifted him out.
>>
>>34369013
>We'll start with the ship track here;
You can't discern if it was a crossing or an overtaking from looking at just one of two ship'S tracks
>>
>>34369024
Well there buddy, if the crystal was overtakeing its track would have been a wee bit different, wouldn't it brainiac?
>>
>>34369011
i think the last course change was automatic and that the cargo ships radar emergency sent out a warning beacon and sounded alarm. the crystal's bridge officer checked transponder traffic and assumed that the warning was an error. none of this means crystal's liable but, the captain perjuring himself just to make it seem like he was totally aware, making every effort to avoid collision, and innocent is retarded.
>>
>>34368961
Yes a destoryer vs cargo ship is a bit like a sports car compared to a truck when you factor in relative speed, size and distances involved.

>>34369015
Again, irrelevant. He may not have been personally at fault, and it may just be a newbie crew manning the bridge at the time. But the responsbility of the ship utimately lies with him.
>>
>>34369032
Then why would Crystal be violating Rule 13?
>>
>>34369041
>none of this means crystal's liable
Ignoreing warnings and maintaining a collision course is not good..

But I was going of the crystal's captian.

He, in effect, said he knowingly kept a collision course.

Nigga. NIGGGGAAAA.
>>
>>34369052
Rule 13 is irrelevant here.

You stated you can't discern if he was overtaking or not from his track, which you can if you are not fully fucking retarded.
>>
>>34368663
That's actually kinda true in the real show too.
>>
>>34369070
>Rule 13 is irrelevant here.
Then why would Crystal be in "egregious violation" of it?
>>
>>34369080
Being as I said he was irrelevant; He's not?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here.
>>
>>34368961
So many Navy faggots in this thread defending typical USN incompetence.
>>
>>34369048
>Yes a destoryer vs cargo ship is a bit like a sports car compared to a truck when you factor in relative speed, size and distances involved.

>ever comparing a ship of the line to a sports car

K. Thanks for your contribution.
>>
>>34367748
>>34368863
>>34369013
Just for reference, I got those ship tracks for the Crystal from the Wikipedia article on the collision, which sourced this blog post

http://www.vesselofinterest.com/2017/06/mapping-acx-crystals-collision-with-uss.html

Which was using marinetraffic as a source

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:722169/mmsi:548789000/vessel:ACX%20CRYSTAL
>>
>>34369109
>get turned into
>incompetence

Kek.
>>
>>34367394
kek
>>
>>34369097
Let me spell out the course of the discussion for you:

>>34368578
>Was in egregious violation of Rules 5, 13

>>34368610
>Show us your evidence

>>34369013
>We'll start with the ship track here;

>>34369024
>You can't discern if it was a crossing or an overtaking

>>34369032
>if the crystal was overtakeing its track would have been a wee bit different

>>34369052
>Then why would Crystal be violating Rule 13?

>>34369070
>Rule 13 is irrelevant here.

>>34369080
>Then why would Crystal be in "egregious violation" of it?
>>
>>34369126
My statement was in direct response to "You can't discern if it was a crossing or an overtaking from looking at just one of two ship'S tracks"

Which you can. Quite easily.
>>
>>34369150
And my statement was in response to "We'll start with the ship track here;" which was a response to "Show us your evidence" which was a response to "Was in egregious violation of Rules 5, 13"

If you're not the guy who claimed Crystal was in violation of Rule 13 would you please read the prior discussion before interfering in it?
>>
>>34369163
That's well and good. I could give a rats ass about the rules in question. Your statement, of "You can't discern if it was a crossing or an overtaking from looking at just one of two ship'S tracks", is simply false.
>>
>>34368296
BODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
>>34369188
nope
>>
We already know the bridge of the container ship was empty. So who was lights?
>>
>>34369221
Excellent retort.
>>
>>34366946
ACX Crystal is a Chinese spy ship; Firzgerald was running dark.
>>
>>34369292
same content, fewer words
>>
>All this wasted spittle
You guys are expecting a civilian pinoy ship captain to be professional and competent as a US navy destroyer captain.

So what if the bangladeshi rickshaw driver was a fault, he still banged up your Ferrari
>>
>>34369275
a lie
>>
>>34369296
So your argument really is "im to dumb to read tracks"

Alright man, that's on (You)
>>
>>34369313
nope
>>
>>34369299
>he still banged up your Ferrari

Yeah, but we still got 61 of em in the garage.
>>
>>34368028
Then wise man, show us how your cognitive are. Explaining or more like guessing with thing you are clearly an amateur in the field. There are many of track map has posted in this thread already. Let's see how you explained it and we, some sailors could laugh at you.
>>
>>34368813
>Which was what exactly and where did you get it from?

Looking at pictures of the damage to the stbd side of the Fitz and additional pics of the damage to the port bow of the Crystal. There is significant fore-to-aft scraping showing on the Crystal, supporting the contention that she was overtaking the Fitz especially given the relative location of the damage on the 2 ships. The angle of impact looks to be in the 20-30 degree range.

The biased creasing of the superstructure of the Fitz is consistent with multiple rolling and heaving movements, which in turn is consistent with the Crystal powering through the collision. The Fitz hung up on the bulbous bow of the Crystal until falling free. This is supported by the isolated wiping damage further aft on the Crystal.
>>
>>34369872
So the answer to the question was: your ass
>>
>>34369898
>noooo, muh wikipedia cruising speed can't be wrong!!! american pig dogs must be at fault
>>
>>34369681
Call him a mudderpocker. I need the nostalgia boost.
>>
>>34369898
What, are you too stupid to look at the pics? Or is it that you don't understand what they show?
>>
>>34366946
I wonder when hollyjew is going to make some inspirational navy propaganda on this one

probably directed be michael bay since military equipment got a little scratch on it
>>
>>34369961
If this is so clear and definitive that everybody must come to the same conclusion then surely you can produce a source of some authority in the matter saying the exact same thing, can't you? Because all sources I know say that a crossing with Fitz at fault is the most likely explanation.
>>
>>34370108
>all sources I know say that a crossing with Fitz at fault is the most likely explanation.

That is one possibility. Unlikely, since the Fitz had a manned bridge, but possible. What are your sources, btw?

I'm going on the known data- the published AIS track of the Crystal and the pictures of the location and severity of the damage on the 2 ships. We'll know for certain when the heading of the Fitz gets published- if it's anywhere from 88 to 110 degrees, then it was an overtaking situation and the Crystal was at fault. If it was 65 to 87 degrees, it was a crossing situation and the Fitz was at fault. Unless the Fitz was making turns for less than 17 kts, in which case it was again an overtaking situation. The crossing situation scenario doesn't make sense unless they were on nearly reciprocal courses. The damage to both ships doesn't support that.

Again, what are your sources? I want to see what information they have.
>>
>>34369110
>ship of the line
>21st century

Get the fuck out of here you fucking wanna be armchair admiral, your bath is getting cold and your mum is gonna take your rubber duck
>>
File: 1475288622098.jpg (20KB, 406x536px) Image search: [Google]
1475288622098.jpg
20KB, 406x536px
>>34368021
>implying the world's oceans don't actually belong to the US.
>>
>>34368877
Those logs are fake news.
>>
>>34367002
Exxon Valdez? or was the captain just drunk I can't remember
>>
>>34366946
a woman
>>
>>34371379
He was in fact just drunk
>>
>>34367396
> useless cunt small boats sailor
> thinking some dumb cunt dibby should do your job for you
> stokers fuck the most hideous Wrans as if it is some sort of competition you deserve to clean up after them

Fuck the RAN whenever I worked with other navies they were nowhere as fucked as us
>>
>>34366946
who has that dialogue of the USN CV and a Canadian lighthouse
>>
>>34370908
Fuck off it's a ship of the line.
>>
>>34374683
Believe it or not...this is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

US Ship:Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

CND reply:Recommend you divertyourcourse 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship:This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divertyourcourse.

CND reply:No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship:THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply:This is a lighthouse. Your call.
>>
File: 1498024363579.jpg (84KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498024363579.jpg
84KB, 450x600px
>>34375887
>Believe it or not

leaning towards 'or not' with this ancient meme
>>
>>34375887
fake as shit

never happend
>>
>muh auto pilot arguement
Still if we going to that arguement
How can americans fucked up so much that they missed and got outsmarted by a huge cargo ship driving in a straight line that broadcast it's position every second to everyone
>>
>>34376175
>>34376200
>I n-never said 64k of memory was enough for everybody! Pinkie swear.
>>
File: uDYkB5[1].gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
uDYkB5[1].gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>34367002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3XsZaL-zo
>>
>>34375887
im sick of seeing this
>>
>>34367274
The us government will struggle to use what little credibility they have left to blame the cargo ship.

you can tell because FOX was deleting articles about it in the days following the event. the government were struggling to make up a story how it was the cargo ship's fault, and strong arming news agencies
>>
>>34367405
So what if it's on autopilot?
Couldn't the destroyer avoid it? It's like one of those memes about an American carrier ordering a lighthouse to change course.
>>
>>34366946
>Reuters criticizing US Navy
This is about as credible as CNN criticizing Trump.
>>
>>34378973
There's always the chance the lookouts didn't see it, or it wasn't tracked properly, since they appeared to be in EM-silent mode.
>>
>>34378973
They probably saw it before it changed to a collision course and ignored it becaise it wasnt a factor, tgen it changed course and no one was watching it. And the watchstanders were probably sleeping. Theyre not Philipinos, but they are still the Navy.
>>
>>34369117

>sail next to ship, not notice that it has turned to fucking hit you

We wuz asleep! We dindu nuffin!
>>
>>34379324
Not that it makes it any better, but there is never a time when everyone is asleep. There are always equal the number of watch standers at night as there are in the day, and roughly the same number of people on the night shift for any given shop
>>
File: img16749.jpg (50KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
img16749.jpg
50KB, 630x420px
>>34367746

Where are the AIS track log of the Fitz?
Third world ghetto filipino track log released immediately.

Muricunt track log missing in action.
Fucking muricunts trying to hide evidence again.
>>
>>34366946
>How the FUCK does this even happen?
Meth.
>>
>>34380604
she was just at my gym this past weekend. I think she's over 200kg now. Absolutely incredible to see. I always wanted to see her do a meet at over 200, but I think her heaviest was wwc 2015 @ 187, but don't quote me on that. God bless you holly. Truly a credit to the united states of america
>>
>>34367936
>ISIS has infiltrated nearly all parts of Phillipines including gov't and industry.

You mean China

It's not even minor news here

The despot in chief even blamed the USA for ramming a commercial vessel and too pigheaded to follow international maritime laws
>>
>>34368865
>Propane Maru

I don't know why but this made me laugh harder than anythig else itt
>>
>>34379290
Lookouts were most likely aware of it, reported it, and then ignored it. Especially in a high traffic area, it can get difficult to keep track of the lights of all the other vessels around you. Now the guy on the nav radar should have picked it up when it made a course change, but lets assume for a minute that he's also doing QMOW stuff in a very busy traffic area. So, he's distracted. Everybody had assumed that the contact was going to maintain his original heading. He didn't.
>>
>>34381526
Is this supposed to be somebody important? What are you on about
>>
>>34379324
At night, the only thing you're gonna see is a red sidelight and a white masthead light. Only way you can tell he's changed course is if you notice his lights have changed juxtaposition. If the guy on the nav radar is busy doing QMOW stuff because you're in one of the busiest sea lanes in the world, I could see how another ship could sneak up on you.
>>
>>34375887
>US Ship:Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.
>
>CND reply:Recommend you divertyourcourse 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
>
>US Ship:This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divertyourcourse.
>
>CND reply:No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!
>
>US Ship:THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!
>
>CND reply:This is a[n unmanned cargo vessel on a set course]. Your call.

There now it's true.
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.