[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about LEOSA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2556.jpg (49KB, 514x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2556.jpg
49KB, 514x316px
>The Law Enforcement Officer's Safety Act allows qualified LEOs and retired LEOs to carry a CCW anywhere in the US without a permit
So there are retired LEO civilians exempt from all CPL laws. Meanwhile there are law abiding citizens that have to go through a bunch of Bureaucratic billshit just to obtain a CPL. does this shit piss anyone else off? Thankfully Michigan is about to pass Constitutional carry but the faggot FOP is trying to block it.
>>
>does this shit piss anyone else off?
>>
Everyone should have to take a CPL class. No ifs, ands, or buts.
>>
File: En Gaurde.jpg (198KB, 950x977px) Image search: [Google]
En Gaurde.jpg
198KB, 950x977px
>>34365529
What about veterans? And you're right, it is bullshit, they should just allow CC for all law abiding citizens already. Maybe thats what they're working for and if it is then I guess its baby steps
>>
>>34365543
SHALL
>>
>>34365540
>does this shit piss anyone else off?
Wrong button.

Well, it's nepotistic, and could be considered anti-freedom based on that.

On the other hand, it's extending something that would otherwise not exist, so it's pro-freedom in that respect.

But I'm Australian, so I have bigger problems to worry about.
>>
>>34365543
No. If you are legally allowed to own a firearm you should be allowed to conceal or open carry. No ifs, ands, or buts.

>>34365544
Unfortunately there is no law like this for veterans so the only hope is for Constitutional Carry, even though there are plenty of veterans far more qualified in shooting than most LEOs.
>>
>>34365576
Yea, not that I want preferential treatment for veterans either, if they can do this then they should be able to do it for Constitutional Carry for all law abiding citizens. I mean for Christs sake, we have a majority Republican congress AND senate, why can't they get shit done for gun rights?
>>
>>34365567
The problem is that there are LEOs that back LEOSA but not Constitutional Carry. The FOP, or Fraternal Order of Police, is trying to block Constitutional Carry in my state from passing, which is what pisses me off because they backed LEOSA.
>>
>>34365585
>we have a majority Republican congress AND senate, why can't they get shit done for gun rights?

Because their interest in gun rights begins and ends with convincing you to vote Republican.

Also, they don't know how to govern. Obama broke the GOP.
>>
constitutional carry is dumb and will not help our cause
>>
>>34365626
Constitutional carry literally is the cause we're fighting for you gay nigger jew.
>>
File: 1387074288645.jpg (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1387074288645.jpg
175KB, 600x600px
>>34365544
>What about veterans?

Have you SEEN veterans?

In all seriousness though I don't mind this so much. More people are carrying guns so that's a good thing. The differential treatment is a little annoying but until universal carry passes you're stuck moving to a state that allows constitutional carry.
>>
>>34365529
>but muh policeone poll says cops are pro-2A

when will people wake the fuck up and realize cops are not gun rights friendly
>>
>>34365680
Ummm no sweetie I just want to import slavshit and LARP innawoods.
>>
>>34365700
The only slavshit I care for importing is Kalashnikov Concern rifles and their PL-14 pistol.
>>
>>34365700
Guarenteed replies
>>
>Cops are civilians
>Law concerning an actual constitutional right won't apply to all civilians
>Somehow this is ok
something something 14th amendment, something gay marriage something something, etc
>>
>>34365543
Fuck you, SHALL
>>
>>34365529
My friend, there are a shitload of officers and retired officers (the retired ones in particular) that I would not trust with a fucking break action .22.

People seem to forget that they're just a payed CC permit who can be called and has a car and a fast lane through the paperwork and court fees of shooting a robber.
They should have to wait for national reciprocity like the rest of us.
>>
>>34365823
>let this pass
>immediately sue because occupation isn't a protected class + turning a right into a privilege
>enough states have constitutional carry that ruling this unconstitutional wouldn't be viable
>force SC to pass nationwide CC for all
>???
>profit!
>>
New York and New Jersey still arrest off duty police for carrying without their permits.
>>
>>34365529
the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. this is why we have the second amendment in the first place, to kill cops when they try and take away your natural rights
>>
>>34365851
LEOSA is already on the books friendo.
Has been for over 10 years now.
>>
>>34365585
>we have a majority Republican congress AND senate, why can't they get shit done for gun rights?

You think they're actually for gun rights? The reason the GOP supports the 2A is because the dems are against it. They aren't pro-gun. They're just anti-anti-gun.

If the dems dropped gun control tomorrow, you'd have a bunch of republicans suddenly supporting gun legislation.
>>
Crab bucket syndrome is for niggers. The only reason this legislation exists is because if traitorous fucks who passed laws against your rights.

PS - quit bragging about your shall issue states. They're cucks too.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 480x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 480x357px
>>34365529
The reason people become pigs is to have special rights (by which I mean rights we should all have but they don't like that) and act like they're better then other people. It's all about power.
>>
>>34365544
Servicemen aren't even able to fucking carry firearms on military bases and have huge restrictions out of the country and even in warzones.

Veterans are first in the line for the "Eat. Shit." table
>>
>>34366353
>more people have rights
>bad thing

Favoritism is shitty but any march in the right direction is a good one.
>>
I carry under LEOSA daily, and have been my entire career. I feel like a shitlord sometimes for it, since not many people have the connections and fame to get a CCW permit in my state. I wish my wife had the same right that I do, as well as anybody else of good moral character. I try not to take it for granted.
LEOSA, however, has aspects to it beyond just being a shitler allowed to CCW in 50 states.
Even off-duty, you have a duty to intervene and assist if something's happening. I've jumped in and helped on-duty uniformed cops in fights on my days off before, I've grabbed and held perps in assaults until on-duty cops showed up to take over. There's no shying away and going "lol not my problem I'm off-duty" - on top of inevitably having a perp you locked up bump into you and want to get even (been there, done that as well, though he didn't do anything besides the typical "fuck you motherfucker, suck my dick" pleasantries while I tried to have lunch with the wife)

>>34365529
Sucks, but a lot of FOPs and PBAs have to kowtow to politicians and special interests. I hate it as well.
>>34365576
LEOSA does cover law enforcement titles within the armed forces - MPs, Security forces, etc - any MOS which gets a "Qualified DoD Law Enforcement" ID card, which is pretty much everyone with power of apprehension under the UCMJ.
>>34365695
I am certainly very gun rights friendly. I tend to be more on the extreme side of that compared to my coworkers, but very few, if any, have expressed any really anti-gun sentiments around me beyond things like taking measures to keep guns out of gangbanger's hands.
>>34365978
No, they can't. I do it regularly in both states.
Carrying hollowpoints in NJ is not an issue either, if that is what your department issues to you.
LEOSA does not, however, supersede any state or federal limitations on what you can and can't do while carrying, though - all laws apply with regards to drinking, being in bars, courthouses, gun free zones, schools, etc.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.