[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the logic about NOT having a manual trigger safety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: 320.jpg (448KB, 1200x1020px) Image search: [Google]
320.jpg
448KB, 1200x1020px
Whats the logic about NOT having a manual trigger safety?
>>
so you can go bang bang without fiddling with a switch
>>
>>34364512
>Don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>34364512

Being too stupid to disengage it.
Or being so busy pooping yourself like a baby, you can't use the motor skills to flip it off.
How you're supposed to have the motor skills to shoot someone in that condition anyway is beyond me.
>>
>>34364512
The whole argument is retarded. The answer is: Training.
>>
there is no reason for military pistols to have a safety. they live in holsters and armories for all but a few hours of their 30 year life span. the only time they should be in hands of someone and with a round chambered. is when they are being used to shoot at people.

safeties on rifles and shotguns make sense. since they are in the operator's hands a lot.
>>
>>34364632

>lets give 80 IQ morons guns with no safeties and minimal training

:^/
>>
>>34364587
This

/thread.

Any gun is safe in your hands if you've trained with it. Any gun is dangerous in your hands if you haven't. A safety will pose no significant hindrance to it's operation if you have trained yourself to engage and disengage it.
>>
There's less shit that can go wrong. Safeties are mechanical devices just like any other part of the gun, and they can jam or break. Often a times they are the reason a gun jams, even if the rest of the gun would work fine. The whole purpose of a safety is to prevent gun from going bang. Which is great when you're a child who looks down a barrel to see if there's a round in the chamber, but not so great if you're in a situation where you'll actually need to use it.
>>
>>34364680

>Glockbaby who doesn't know how guns work detected
>>
>>34364680
decockers are way more complicated, prone to breaking, and harder to fix than manual safeties
>>
>>34364657
>A safety will pose no significant hindrance to it's operation if you have trained yourself to engage and disengage it.

Agree. However, carrying a cocked and loaded striker-fired pistol without a manual safety is a recipe for a prosthetic foot.
>>
>>34364680
>Often a times they are the reason a gun jams,

... what?
>>
>>34364680
Glock cultists are hilarious.
>>
File: 16z_CZP10_R.png (454KB, 1707x1270px) Image search: [Google]
16z_CZP10_R.png
454KB, 1707x1270px
>>34364738
>striker fired master race
it's the best option for a duty gun, even though DA/SA and SA can also be great

I have a Glock but want to try out pic related
>>
>>34364839
Anyone who buys the P-10C should feel bad for not getting the P-07.
>>
>>34364535
That is why you stipple bro, so if you get shit all over your hands you can still shoot.
>>
>>34364855
P-10C trigger is actually crisper and has a more pronounced wall than P07/P09. Ironic since normally between striker and hammer fired pistols it is the other way around.

I would consider a CZ P10C if it had the aftermarket of Glock and if it were red dot ready. CZ is seriously behind when it comes to mounting red dots to pistols.
>>
>>34364882

Or just buy a gun that doens't have grips made of slick featureless plastic.
>>
>>34364512
Being use to safety's, it seems difficult to understand using a pistol whose trigger can be pulled anytime and the gun fired. Usually it shouldnt make any difference. But there might be an accidental pull or a close self-defense situation where the pistol couldnt be drawn but exposed to an assailant.
>>
>>34364883
I actually didn't know that. I wouldn't mind getting one but Czech's just don't seem to give a shit about getting a lot of some product out to the market fast.
>>
>>34364932
Yeah there is a reason why slavs lost the space race.
>>
>>34364521
The cool thing about a selector switch is that if you want it on, you can turn it on. If you want it off, you can turn it off. I don't get people who refuse to buy weapons with a safety in it. Or why gun manufacturers bother to make guns without them.
>>
>>34364960
Cool thing about selector switches is that some manufacturers have ones so large that they are inadvertently turned on during not only the draw, but at other points of handling. This is not the rule but oftentimes the exception, but regardless there is no way you can accidently turn on a manual safety is there is none to begin with.
>>
>>34364788
most people on this board are HI SPEED LOW DRAG retards who are so obsessed with the fastest way to shoot someone that they don't consider the far more likely possibility of shooting their own foot fumbling with their gun
>>
>>34365012

No, but you can accidentally fire, which is way fucking worse.

What exactly is your point?
>>
>>34365100
>No, but you can accidentally fire, which is way fucking worse.
Only if you keep your sausage fingers shoved in the trigger guard all the time, or use a leather holster like a dumb-dumb.
>>
>>34365206

>It can't happen to me! I'm trained! I'm alert! Bad things only ever happen to people who deserve it!
>>
>>34365206

>the only way a gun can go off is if i put my finger on the trigger

This is what unsafe faggots actually believe
>>
>>34365220
>>34365242
spot the people who've had an ND
>>
>>34365247

Nope.
And unlike you, I take steps to prevent them.
>>
>>34365277
By not buying a type of handgun that is one of the most popular in the world?
A type of handgun that literally millions use everyday without issue because they aren't retarded?
>>
>>34364512
Additional unnecessary parts only provide one more ways for the gun to malfunction.
>>
>>34365308

Bandwagon fallacy
>>
>>34365312

I could make the same bullshit argument about the trigger safety on a Glock.
>>
>>34365308

>A type of handgun that NDs so often that "Glock Leg" is common terminology

ftfy
>>
>>34364521
training or even just handling the pistol for a few minutes completely negates this

safety is off by the time it's out of holster, so you're not doing anything slower by adding safety measures and not having a trash DAO trigger
>>
>>34365319
That might apply if it was something subjective like music taste, but striker fired, polymer wonder nines are the most common handguns in America, they are 100% safe to use. You literally won't get hurt if you follow the basic gun rules laid down by Cooper (pbuh), and avoid things that'll snag on the trigger like leather holsters.
>>
>>34365362

Nope. Still a logical fallacy.
>>
File: shit_bait.png (70KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
shit_bait.png
70KB, 600x633px
>>34365369
>>
>>34365369

Dude, I agree with your points, but no, no that isn't.
>>
>>34365362
Nothing about the popularity of a product demonstrates safety.
>>
>>34365433
>>34365427

Go google bandwagon fallacy.
>>
File: 1487222361361.jpg (101KB, 804x648px) Image search: [Google]
1487222361361.jpg
101KB, 804x648px
>>34365361
training with a glawk will also make u safe
>>
>>34365461

Only from your own intentional actions.
>>
>>34364512
Fighting pistols in either military or LE use spend 99% of their time in their holsters, which serves to protect the trigger and keep the pistol from going off. Once the pistol is out of the holster, it's probably time to have the safety off anyways.

Rifles don't have holsters so they need safeties.
>>
>>34365452

It would be if he said it was good by virtue of being popular, devoid of all other reasons.

But the fact that they ARE used safely by a large number of people on a daily basis doesn't count. The qualifier "safely" is qualitative in addition to the quantitative aspect. So, not consistent with the fallacy.
>>
>>34365484

Go look up the meaning of the phrase so you can stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>34365450
it gives a large pool of data to show that youre full of shit and that the guns dont go bang unless the trigger is pressed
>>
>>34365495

... but he's right?
>>
>>34365498

Except it doesn't and you're literally retarded.

Millions of people ride a motorcycle every day without getting hurt.
That doesn't mean motorcycles are just as safe as cars.
>>
>>34365513

Why pretend to be someone else?
>durr no im not!
Then why interject yourself into another person's conversation, leaving just enough time for the post cooldown?
>>
>>34365515
fucking show me a single fucking case where a gun thats well known to be reliable has gone off without the trigger being pulled. and that video of some guy shaking his Taurus doesnt count because it isnt a reliable brand
>>
File: 1490763380184.png (87KB, 266x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490763380184.png
87KB, 266x281px
>>34365515
>glock vs 1911 is the same as motorycyle vs car
apples and oranges family
>>
>>34365535

Moving the goalposts.
To: prove that the gun goes off without pulling the trigger
>>
>>34365553
but that's the whole argument for how unsafe striker fired trigger safety handguns are.
>>
>>34365551

Try again.
>>
>>34365560
you first faglord
>>
>>34365558

Nope.
Nice try.
>>
>>34365553
you said the popularity of the gun doesnt mean anything, and I said it gives us a large data pool to show that a gun worth carrying isnt inherently less safe because of the lack of a manual safety compared to ones with a safety, aside from user error. you said thats wrong? well id like to see an example, faggot
>>
>>34365525

you're just arguing in circles. keep your fucking finger off the trigger and you're fine. If you feel unsafe with that responsibility, carry something with a safety
>>
>>34364587
This... Seriously... Learn the manual of arms of the firearm you use for self defense..... Perfect practice makes perfect application regardless of what tools you have at your disposal.... Be a good steward of your tools.
>>
>>34365220
>le strawman argument

Go soak your head, fag. If you can't use proper trigger discipline and awareness, you might as well sell all your guns since you're a danger to others.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.