[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any holsters with a steel cap or something to stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1478134729095.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478134729095.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
Are there any holsters with a steel cap or something to stop a bullet in the case of an accidental discharge?
>>
File: CDFARig.jpg (90KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CDFARig.jpg
90KB, 683x1024px
>>34361899
Get ya a quick draw rig, that leather bit there at the bottom is a steel plate deflector.
>>
>>34361899
What are you carrying that this is a concern for you?
>>
>>34362173

Nothing in particular. I'd be carrying a Shield. But I just like a little extra piece of mind. I'm curious, that's all.
>>
>>34362184
Ok. Good choice and all, but this is a problem better solved with knowledge than gear.
Get some 9mm plinker ammo and pull a bullet from the case. Be careful not to tear or otherwise dick up the brass. Dump the powder and bullet.
Drop the empty case into the gun and practice drawing (quickly) and holstering (carefully, you never need to rush to the holster).
Do that about a Brazilian times. You will be nervous at first, but don't worry. A primer going of will scare you, but not wreck your leg/genitals/floor.
Now that you've done that and not popped the primer, you will be confident in both your weapon and yourself.
>>
>>34362228

That is good advice and I am all on board with training to the max, but this is just an extra layer for peace of mind. Does it exist? What's it called?
>>
>>34362249
Sorry. I am unaware of any Shield holsters with a bullet catcher. I suppose you could jury rig something, but you would need some pretty thick sheet steel. Think 1/8th inch or better.
>>
>>34362325

Okay thanks.
>>
No dumbass, do you know how much steel it would take to stop a 9mm?
>>
>>34361899
No because steel and bullets don't work like that. Instead of one nice clean hole going hopefully through just your pants you're now going to have your leg shredded by spalling from the round.

Either that or your gat is going to be 100% fucked.
>>
How about just don't be stupid and handle your firearm dangerously and you'll be fine
>>
>>34362184
1. Get a good kydex holster

2. Shoot your carry gun and carry it around unloaded or with no round in chamber for a few days around house or outside

3. If after few days and the trigger isn't depressed through some freak accident, you chamber a round and you continue carrying gun in good holster

4. Most modern handguns come with a firing pin block that does not disengage unless trigger is pulled.

5. Most modern handgun firing pins are not freefloating

6. Practice and train draw and reholstering. If you re holster and you have non-manual safety gun, just fucking glance at holster as you reholster if you want to be extra sure.

6. If you're real paranoid: manually inspect pin block, check on firing pin, spring, and channel. chamber a snapcap with a bit of tape on the fake primer and just go to town in trying to get the firing pin to strike without pulling trigger. If tape is relatively untouched or not punctured, then realize you're being dumb and autistic about a steel cap on end of holster
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.